It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell blows lid on Nasa!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Many here are engaging in the logical fallacy of an appeal to authority. While Edgar Mitchell is in no doubt a modern hero, his status as a hero gives him no special insight in to the UFO question. While it is often overlooked, Mitchell is careful to say this is is personal belief, not something gleened from personal experience or anything he learned while at NASA, and presents no evidence outside of third-hand ancedotes.

Wow after this post and the ones in my thread, you must be working for the government in some shape or form.

Can anyone not see just how that post was written? I highlighted it to help those who didnt notice. Or "While [EM] is in no doubt a modern hero, .... " he still admits that he is crazy and talking complete blasphemy, thats why he wastes his time stating it publicly.

Honestly, if I ever seen an official statement from nasa regarding these videos, I don't think they could have worded their statement any better than Savior has.

Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Wow after this post and the ones in my thread, you must be working for the government in some shape or form.

Wow, after this post and the one in your own thread you must be a complete and total...

...well, I'll let you fill in the blank there.

Or "While [EM] is in no doubt a modern hero, .... " he still admits that he is crazy and talking complete blasphemy, thats why he wastes his time stating it publicly.

You are putting words in where there are none.

Let me ask you something. Are you so deluded, arrogant or immature that you think sincere disagreement is impossible and that only people who would disagree with you are somehow working as disinformation agents?

I have a suggestion for you. Prove I am a disinformation agent outside of the ridiculous, stupid, immature, idiotic logic of "You disagree with me, so you must be." Or stop trying to silence skeptics, derailing the thread by making them the subject.

Discuss the evidence, not me.

...if I ever seen an official statement from nasa regarding these videos...

Again, Mitchell has been careful to say his beliefs are unrelated to his time in NASA. Those are the facts, undisputed. How is relying that somehow "disinformation?"

[edit on 5-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This story may be old news to some.but evidently more people need to hear this. Also,i do agree that these beings have done hostile things and at other times,you hear stories about good things. I often wonder if there are some that look out for us and some that see us no more than a lab experiment. If anyone has not seen the information on the site below,i think you better check it out.

www.crowdedskies.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Many here are engaging in the logical fallacy of an appeal to authority. While Edgar Mitchell is in no doubt a modern hero, his status as a hero gives him no special insight in to the UFO question. While it is often overlooked, Mitchell is careful to say this is is personal belief, not something gleened from personal experience or anything he learned while at NASA, and presents no evidence outside of third-hand ancedotes.

SC,

While this is true - that he is not a self proclaimed witness to ET activity - he is still a credible insider and wistleblower, with extensive contacts in the inner circle of the DoD and NASA.

Therefore his testimony as such is still important.

Gordon Cooper - another US astronaut - and several Cosomonauts - have testified publicly that they DID personally witness ET activity, both on Earth and in Space.

Soo... We have Credible Astronaut first hand witnesses - and a Credible Astronaut wistleblower - fankly much more eveidence than we have about the NSA's wiretapping projects - yet most of this testimony is treated with very little (or belittling) attention by the US mainstream media.

While the NSA wiretapping project seems to be in and out of the news constantly - and is comparitively of very much lower importance.

Just another one of those things that makes you go hmmm...

I think NASA unfortunately does a GREAT job compartmentalizing information in their ranks - as I have gotten my contacts at NASA "liquored up" on vacation and they truly seem to have little to no idea what really goes on in even the Dept.'s they work closely with on a daily basis...

There were also completely unaware of both Dr. Mitchell's and Gordon Cooper's public testimony on the subject.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
While this is true - that he is not a self proclaimed witness to ET activity - he is still a credible insider and wistleblower, with extensive contacts in the inner circle of the DoD and NASA.

Again, he is not a whistleblower, because his testimony has nothing to do with his time in NASA, and his sources are all anonymous. We have nothing to prove or disprove.

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
Gordon Cooper -- another US astronaut...testified publicly that they DID personally witness ET activity, both on Earth and in Space.

While Cooper did claim to have seen UFOs, it too is unrelated to his time in the Space Program. His UFO encountered happened in 1951, while he was a test pilot; he denied any UFO sightings during the Mercury Program.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I too, got heavily fixated on the subject of "what's on the moon"? After much research, I have to believe that we are in fact not told the whole story.

Here is what I found.

Rense.com carried the videos by John Walson, which got bashed here on ATS, but it sent me into the realm of asking, "Why can't we get a good shot of the Moon"?

We have telescopes here on earth and in orbit, that can send back pictures from distant quasars and planets that have amazing detail. The Hubble Telescope takes some pretty good pictures for that matter, of interstellar space.

I got in touch with the VLA Project (Very Large Array) and asked them why it would be possible that someone on earth could have such close ups of the moon (Walson) yet we can't take a picture of the moons surface and get the same resolution we get from other earth based observatories. They went on to explain that their telescopes were not set up that way and they don't have any shots of the moon, nor do they plan to, showing very much detail. After that, they wouldn't answer anymore emails from me.

My question still stands. We have telescopic and photographic capability right now to take pictures of the surface of the moon. Why would we not want to know what is up there? There are intriguing pictures on many a website right now that certainly begs for investigation. We could learn alot from seeing how stuff on the moon has lasted in that environment. I would think the scientists would want to have a photographic library of "junk" on the moon to see how it has held up and how they could design it better for the 'next' mission.

We seem to be catapulting towards our demise with all the problems in the world, yet we don't want to know if we are alone in the universe and it is all covered up because of no monetary gain?

I dunno....Edgar Mitchell is FAR from being senile. I have to deal firsthand with dementia and senility everyday with a family member and I can tell you...Edgar is NOT senile.

I would think we would have the reverse of everything the MSM tells us about disclosure. I remember where I was and what I did the day man landed on the moon. WE celebrated and hugged and danced around like we had just found a gazillion dollars. Why would we not do that with the disclosure of life on other planets or bases on the moon? I think the MSM has brainwashed people into thinking that the "disclosure" of other lifeforms will somehow be detrimental to us and cause everyone to go into a panic. I seriously doubt that would happen.

Maybe they are just lulling us to sleep with massive layoffs, trillions down the tube in the market, depression, anxiety, alcohol, drugs and sex, so will will take it all calmly when the inevitable occurs.

So, someone please tell me. Are some of the structures that Skipper shows on marsanomaliesresearch.com just bad pics and propaganda, or are they real ancient structures that need to be investigated by those in the field that our tax dollars go to support? We house and clothe and feed these people that work for these organizations and the best way to get the truth from them is to take their funding away if they don't tell us the truth.

WOW!!!!! What a novel idea...An organization that we pay for, telling the truth!!!! That might be more cataclysmic than discovering intelligent life on other planets. God knows we don't have any here on earth...

JMHO.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
(EDIT: POSTED IN WRONG THREAD)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Exopolitico

"I am curious, though, how he strongly believes there is life everywhere on the universe but he is quickly to discount there was nothing to see on the Moon or he doesn't remember. Same with Buzz Aldrin and the rest. "

I can't remember who it was, but I'm thinking it was Aldrin who alleged that the Military was "wiping them" after their missions. He was explaining how the specifics of their missions were just absent in his mind.
Thought I'd throw it in there.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I can't remember who it was, but I'm thinking it was Aldrin who alleged that the Military was "wiping them" after their missions. He was explaining how the specifics of their missions were just absent in his mind.

But the preponderance of evidence would suggest that isn't the case. Exhibit A: Abu Ghraib.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Hey man, I'm just adding to the story.

At the end of the day, the fact remains that disclosure has already begun all across the world.
I guess though that people won't believe it unless it comes from an American source.
Oh wait, that's happening too.

I'm not going to debate this issue. People will know soon enough.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

But the preponderance of evidence would suggest that isn't the case. Exhibit A: Abu Ghraib.

Good word usage!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hey man, I'm just adding to the story.

And I'm just "adding to the story" too.

At the end of the day, the fact remains that disclosure has already begun all across the world.

I guess though that people won't believe it unless it comes from an American source.

Oh wait, that's happening too.

If this is disclosure, it is awefully lame.

I'm not going to debate this issue. People will know soon enough.

You're kind of in the wrong place if you don't want statements challenged.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072...Can anyone not see just how that post was written? I highlighted it to help those who didnt notice. Or "While [EM] is in no doubt a modern hero, .... " he still admits that he is crazy and talking complete blasphemy, thats why he wastes his time stating it publicly...

When did SC say that he though Mitchell was crazy? He only said that Mitchell's opinion on ETs is only a "personal opinion" and has no connection to his time as an astronaut. He never said Mitchel was crazy.

I think Mitchell's opinion is only opinion also, but it is possible for me to disagree with an person's opinion without thinking that they are "crazy". In fact, I don't categorically deny the possibility of ET visitation, although I find it unlikely and see no real evidence beyond UFO sightings.

I don't know about you, but I have many friends whose personal opinions on some matters differs from my opinions; they are still my friends. Most people can respect Dr. Mitchell and still think his opinion on ETs is most likely wrong.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Good word usage!!!

One part of the Disinformation Agent Training Program is extensive creative writing courses. It made me in to quite the wordsmith.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Thanks but no thanks on the advice not to post here.

I never said I didn't want you to challenge my statements, only that you shouldn't expect me to play the game. My lot is cast and I don't feel the need to debate it.
Also, I'm not going to quibble over this particular brand of gamesmanship you've got going right now.

If you want debate, there is a forum for that.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He says they aren't hostile. I don't agree with that. They are not friendly. They steal people and do painful things to them. And I can't help but wonder if we are all being grown for some nafarious slave/food source or something. It's obvious that the nasty critters don't care about us.

Now you are just judging ALL ET's in one go, based on what SOME of them do. Not fair. Or logical.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
When did SC say that he though Mitchell was crazy?

Oh, I think he's crazy.

Let's see here: Navy test-pilot; strapped himself to hundreds of tons of explosives to be launched in to space; walked on an alien world with nothing but a thin-space-suit between him and the cold dark. Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as a crazy.

However, given the opportunities he was, I can't say I wouldn't have embraced that special brand of crazy too.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
When did SC say that he though Mitchell was crazy?

Oh, I think he's crazy.

Let's see here: Navy test-pilot; strapped himself to hundreds of tons of explosives to be launched in to space; walked on an alien world with nothing but a thin-space-suit between him and the cold dark. Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as a crazy.

However, given the opportunities he was, I can't say I wouldn't have embraced that special brand of crazy too.

Ha ha!

Crazy for wanting to be an Astronaut -- Yes.
Respect him for wanting to be an Astronaut -- Hell yes!

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A lot of military personnel are "crazy" for what they do. In fact, I would say that they all are.

There was also that dude who decided it would be a keen idea to parachute to the earth from a weather balloon at over 100,000 feet.

Now THAT is crazy.

About Mitchell though, he says throughout the interview that he knows aliens are here. He had been briefed on certain aspects of the situation but that he didn't pursue it as it wasn't what he was interested in.

That gives me pause. I mean, if you were privvy to that knowledge what in the world could be more interesting? Not saying he's lying, I just found that odd.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

There was also that dude who decided it would be a keen idea to parachute to the earth from a weather balloon at over 100,000 feet.

Joseph Kittinger. Although he never left the atmosphere, he himself was a pioneer of space exploration. His record jump (102,000+ feet) proved that high-altitude bail-outs were survivable. He was also shot down over Vietnam, was a guest of the Hanoi Hilton and suffered severe torture.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join