It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell blows lid on Nasa!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
SaviorComplex is trying to mislead us with this disinfo. He is actually a government agent of a project code named "Black Jesus". Masquerading as the green lantern his job is to spread hate and malcontent to the UFO community.
"Black Jesus" must be stopped!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Could you imagine how f-ing scary that ride up would be?

I guess the good thing about it is if it got too much to handle, you could jump off at any time.

Balls of steel, I tell ya'.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this is really old but its the video that changed my life and i started to wonder. And since then ive done nothing but research and im gaining more and more knowledge every day. Thanks edgar you've opened my eyes and changed my life.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I guess the good thing about it is if it got too much to handle, you could jump off at any time.

I don't think he could, actually. I believe in the case of his world-record jump, the parachute was designed to automatically deploy after he had fallen a certain distance.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Whoa whoa whoa...this is an OLD radio interview...google Ed Mitchell Kerrang Radio Interview. No one is in any danger re: the sharing of this info. Promise.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
this video is old man .... I think some one posted this before ...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
SaviorComplex is trying to mislead us with this disinfo. He is actually a government agent

If he isn't, he should definitely apply for one. Such a waste of talent.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oh for gods sake. Edgar Mitchell has been saying things like this for years. Why all the fuss now?
Personally I think he may now realise that he is coming into his twilight years and wants the truth to be released before he finally passes away. This may be his final attempt to shine some light on this subject. However, the fact that he has been vocal about ETs before may weaken his cause.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Edgar Mitchell has been saying things like this for years.

Yes, he has. This is from an interview in The Sunday Times (London), October 11, 1998:

Sharing the podium at a conference in Connecticut yesterday with "alien abductees" and others who claim to have had contact with unidentified flying objects (UFOs), the former Nasa astronaut intensified his campaign to persuade Washington to acknowledge life beyond our skies.

Mitchell argues that life is almost certain to exist on any other planet with a supportive environment. Some physicists, he points out, now believe it is possible to travel faster than light, even if humble earthlings have yet to achieve it.

He is 90% certain that many of the thousands of UFOs recorded since the 1940s belonged to visitors from another planet. Although some have been delusions and others natural phenonema, too many remain unexplained, he said. "This suggests there are humanoids manning craft which have characteristics not in the arsenal of any nation on earth that we know of. That is very alarming," he said.

It was a startling departure for a scientist who, up to now, has been wary of appearing with ufologists widely regarded as cranks.

"Until recently I was very cautious about such conferences," Mitchell, 68, admitted before the opening of an annual convention entitled the UFO Experience. "But now I believe there is sufficient circumstantial evidence to warrant a scientific understanding in this area."

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

"I don't think he could, actually. I believe in the case of his world-record jump, the parachute was designed to automatically deploy after he had fallen a certain distance. "

I think you're right. Well, he COULD HAVE, but he would of had to have removed his space-suit and another suit he was wearing.
I think he actually had like three chutes. I can't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure he was in a space suit initially and after falling a while the chute deploys. Then he takes off the suit and another chute deploys...
Something to that effect.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Regarding Joseph Kittinger's world record jump, this is what happened:

On August 16, 1960 he made the final jump from the Excelsior III at 102,800 feet (31,300 m). Towing a small drogue chute for stabilization, he fell for 4 minutes and 36 seconds reaching a maximum speed of 614 mph [1][2] (988 km/h or 274 m/s) before opening his parachute at 18,000 feet (5,500 m). Pressurization for his right glove malfunctioned during the ascent, and his right hand swelled to twice its normal size.[3] He set historical numbers for highest balloon ascent, highest parachute jump, longest drogue-fall (4 min), and fastest speed by a human through the atmosphere[4]. These are still current USAF records, but were not submitted for aerospace world records to the FAI.

The jumps were made in a "rocking-chair" position, descending on his back, rather than the usual arch familiar to skydivers, because he was wearing a 60 lb (27 kg) "kit" on his behind and his pressure suit naturally formed that shape when inflated, a shape appropriate for sitting in an airplane cockpit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/419a2e4222fa.jpg[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Please post On Topic or not at all...

All post that are directed at another Member will be removed and the Member possibly warned.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

ziggy....that YouT vid was compelling....

What were we discussing, again???

(the jump from very high-altitude was used in a 'Star Trek: Voyager' episode when quarter-Klingon engineer Belanna Torres had a sort of 'death-wish'....in the Holodeck, with the safeties turned off....)

Oh, back to Dr. Mitchell.

He's a King, in my book!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You can download the complete Edgar Mitchell/Kerrang radio interview here:

www....(nolink)/?4ynzytnzyxn

Somehow this interview seems to have become a minor classic, even though Mitchell has been saying this for years and it's nothing new.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I recently read from the Denver Examiner, Jeff Peckham, noting from the 2001 Disclosure Project Press Conference, that former NASA Engineer, John Shuessler, and Donna Hare, former NASA Employee, both had experiences of seeing NASA photo's of ufo's. Hare said she was told, while looking at a photo with a ufo clearly shown, that NASA removed, or 'air-brushed' them out. Mr. Shuessler said he was shown a ufo picture from a roll of NASA film, in which a ufo was in a Apollo-era picture, apparently taken on the moon. He was shown this picture at a conference in Toronto, Canada, from an anonymous source. When he returned to NASA, he looked up the file film, and found the number series, in which his picture was taken, and it was missing from the file. He was told that "bad film" is regularly removed from the files. They both said they would testify to Congress on their experiences, if asked.

Does any of the above corroborate Mr. Mitchell's comments about aliens being "real" and here? Maybe so.

In any case, the above 'witnesses', along with Disclosure witness, Jeff Peckham, ret., USAF Staff Sargent, are coming to the aid of Mr. McKinnon, the UK hacker that got into secret NASA ufo files, and is due to be possibly extradited to the US. NASA has always denied any UFO evidence, however, for the legal case to proceed against Mckinnon, they will have to confront ufo evidence that Hare and Shuessler claim to have. And here's a question: why should we continue to provide public funds for NASA to search the Universe for any and all life forms, when they've apparently been in possession of "proof" since the late 60's, and/or early 70's? Maybe we should ask our Congressman not to support NASA until they fess up what they know and when they knew it. I wonder if this case will be shoved under the rug if it means NASA must come forth with the truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted, I think something IS going on and Neil Armstrong knows what.
It is my firm belief that is why he has become a recluse.
If you think about him, his name ranks right up there with all of the recorded historical figures since the beginning of written history.
Why wouldn't he be more conversant, or forthcoming regarding his experience if he didn't see something he doesn't wish to disclose?
When he does allow an interview, he is very introspective and "tight".
He is of the generation that actually believed that the Government is always in the right, i.e., the good of the many...
He knows and ain't talkin'.
Like all good soldiers, he follows his orders, no matter what the orders are, let God sort out the ramifications.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What you saw on that video are the ramblings of someone who lost it and speaks of things that are all in his mind. He achieved something a lot of us wish we had. But aside from that, nothing else that he says has any truth to it, just a wild speculator that cannot support anything he says aside from what he did as an astronaut.

reply to post by CASH69

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join