It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Community service is a brilliant idea! Sentence her to community service in a chicken slaughterhouse. I guarantee you she will never order fast food chicken again.

On very little do we typically agree...

However on this, we see eye to eye ;-)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by rcwj75

If you spent $100,000 for one house, and when you showed up to take possession they sent you down the street to another one you didnt like as much, would you still feel the same way?

Dude... this isn't about houses... its' about NUGGETS!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
hey if disgusting mcdonalds can get away with it maybe i'll try it in my roofing/siding business.
ok maam i can do your roof for $4000- oops sorry i can't get the shingles they are all out. but i can build you a deck for the same price.
oh you don't want that instead? sorry i have a nonrefundable policy but i did offer you something else so your loss.
i do not agree with mcd's not refunding her money but calling 911 for a stupid trivial thing IS A CRIME- it wastes emergency personnel time when they could be after something important.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Community service is a brilliant idea! Sentence her to community service in a chicken slaughterhouse. I guarantee you she will never order fast food chicken again.

Thats a big assumption, nuggets are usually made of skin and bones being ground up into a paste and then powder flavourings and preservatives as well as color modifyers to make it at least resemble something that is meant to be chicken.

after seeing how most nuggets are made, I pretty much don't eat them now.
I believe the term is "Mechanical meat"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

how true.
they are like hot dogs- anything that can be ground and processed is what is in them.
slaughterhouses waste nothing if it can be made into something

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
reply to post by munkey66

how true.
they are like hot dogs- anything that can be ground and processed is what is in them.
slaughterhouses waste nothing if it can be made into something

Kinda like SPAM. =D

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I agree that she took it way to far. I think I have said that several times. I absolutely agree that she could have handled this better, AND I absolutely agree that it says a lot about her as a person that calling 911 and wasting the time of emergency personnel over McNuggets.

BUT, if she had gone to the manager, and then up the corporate chain, and they refused her money back, then I dont think suing would be frivolous. She would not get tons of money for it. She would get her money, court costs, and maybe some punitive damages and that would be it.

Even the much touted "suing McDonalds and getting millions for spilled coffee" isnt true. (She is from this state)

en.wikipedia.org...

Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for US $20,000 to cover her medical costs, which were $11,000, but the company offered only $800. When McDonald's refused to raise its offer, Liebeck retained Texas attorney Reed Morgan. Morgan filed suit in a New Mexico District Court accusing McDonald's of “gross negligence” for selling coffee that was “unreasonably dangerous” and “defectively manufactured.” McDonald's refused Morgan's offer to settle for $90,000.[4] Morgan offered to settle for $300,000, and a mediator suggested $225,000 just before trial, but McDonald's refused these final pre-trial attempts to settle.[4]

She was awarded $2.86 million, but a judge reduced it to $640,000.

But bear in mind what McDonalds says here;

Other documents obtained from McDonald's showed that from 1982 to 1992 the company had received more than 700 reports of people burned by McDonald's coffee to varying degrees of severity, and had settled claims arising from scalding injuries for more than $500,000.[4] McDonald's quality control manager, Christopher Appleton, testified that this number of injuries was insufficient to cause the company to evaluate its practices.

In cost accounting, you learn that if it costs more to repair your fleet of airplanes than it costs to settle with the families after a crash, you dont fix the planes. Unless of course you are ordered to by an agency.

Bottom line, if people make it inexpensive or easy for companies to hurt you, steal from you, and be negligent to you, they will. You have to make it hurt them to do it or they wont stop.

In this womans case, she handled it all wrong, no question. But you cant just roll over for a company. Thats how they end up rolling over all of us.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

lmao yeah- forgot about spam- glad i don't live in hawaii lol
getting off topic tho and i need my beddy bye time. but back on topic-
suffice to say if you get mad at mcds because they ran out of something and you COMMIT a crime over something so frivolous maybe you should learn to cook to begin with. alot healthier- maybe if you had to walk to get your food and walk in the kitchen americans wouldn't be so F^*^&^(*^ fat!
we have been trained to be lazy and eat disgusting fattening food because of laziness in all aspects- ie drive thrus- would it really kill you to walk into thebank instead of the drive thru? or park outside of 4 spaces within the front of walmarts doors? esp. when you are going to walk miles inside the store anyway? is it just bragging rights or are people just that lazy? i'm guessing the latter. anyway she deserves jail time- what if a police officer had to show up to that stupid call and a murder was committed when he could have prevented it by staying in his position or been able to respond to the call? could she now be indicted for assisted murder?
rude stupid people never think of these things and i believe she is one- i would love to meet her in a dark alley one night

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

To all of you that think it's OK for corporations to defraud and steal from hard working Americans, shame on you...

Not to mention the fact that those same corporations operating the fast-food business are serving extra extra extra super size french fries and bacon cheeseburgers packed with special sauce and extra pickles.

Really? Where again can I get these "extra, extra, extra super size french fries?" And "extra pickles"? I knew their was a pickle conspiracy! I knew it!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLDNGUN

To all of you that think it's OK for corporations to defraud and steal from hard working Americans, shame on you...

Not to mention the fact that those same corporations operating the fast-food business are serving extra extra extra super size french fries and bacon cheeseburgers packed with special sauce and extra pickles.

Really? Where again can I get these "extra, extra, extra super size french fries?" And "extra pickles"? I knew their was a pickle conspiracy! I knew it!

Exactly. The corporations are 'guilty' for both stealing from us and making us fat.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLDNGUN

Exactly. The corporations are 'guilty' for both stealing from us and making us fat.

Umm, no. I was mocking you and I guess it went over your head. Some corporation is making you fat??? Newsflash - YOU are making you fat.

People need to quit trying to blame all of their problems on other people, companies, etc.

Obviously, anybody who calls 911 because McDonald's is out of nuggets is WHACKED. No exceptions.

And, no, she shouldn't "sue" anyone. Or maybe she should. Then, maybe the person behind her in line can sue HER for delaying their meal by making such a fuss. Then, all the people who were delayed in getting true emergency help because of her 911 calls can sue her. Then all of the customers in that McDonald's can sue her for calling the cops and "frightening" their children.

And I'm sure we can find a lawyer who'd love to file a class action suit on behalf of all chickens destined to become McNuggets.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Oh wow, I laughed so hard.

McNuggets: Serious Friggin' business.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Things like this happen more often than you would think.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Jacksonville police say Reginald Peterson needs to learn that 911 is not the appropriate place to complain that Subway left the sauce off a spicy Italian sandwich.

Police said the 42-year-old man dialed 911 twice last week so he could have his sub made correctly. The second call was to complain that officers weren't arriving fast enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
So...I am in the wrong if I pay upfront for a new car only to be told that there arent any cars left and I can either get a bike or a caravan, no refunds possible?

Funny story but I am with the woman on this one, in the matter of principle.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The only way this story could get any worse would be if it turned out that somebody got tasered for failing to supply the customer with chicken nuggets.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Maybe this is why we live in a 'police state'. And I am kinda glad we DO live in a police state so stupid people like this will be taken care of properly and effectively.

Considering they're dumbing us down with various poisons, and how stupid this woman seems, that's a dangerous way to think.

Something must be responsible for this behaviour...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

lol what a monumental waste of 911 switchboard time.

I think they ought to have dispatched SWAT officers to the scene immediately... one of the few instances in which police brutality is possibly justified!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
In Florida...seriously? If you don't have this figured out by now, let me help ya out!

Get a fake INS/Border Patrol badge. Learn how to say La Migra. Go to McDonalds...free food. That should cover the loss of the 10 mcnuggets. No police involvement, and is great at like 3 in the morning, after closing time, with alot of friends...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is totally called for, what are you people flaming this poor women for.
Mcdonald's are lucky a tatctical response swat unit was not deployed immediately to resolve this tragic stand off.
How much should we take, getting ripped of by the banks, losing jobs, homes forclosed, huge personal debts, nationalisation of the financial system, globally......i just want a @#$%in' nugget. IS that too much to ask.
I don't want a stimulus package, a bail out, just some deep fried GM corn fed, hormone riddled antibiotic toxic processed chicken parts.
I would have called homeland security if this happen to me, or a terrorist hotline.
In fact I am networking a militia unit to respond to incidents like these, as I feel they will become more common as we are squeezed by the fast food industry. KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Domino's.
Give me fries or give me death, take my nuggest if you can, from my cold dead hands(not really dead but sometimes my hands go cold and numb from holding my sundae for to long because I like to try and suck the caramel sauce up through a straw before i dip my fries in the icecream).

those nuggets.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
wow thats a relief...

McDonalds was almost as given as the police.

Glad she did not got to the police calling McDonalds for bad police doghnuts...
D

Where is the world getting too?

Try to explain to her that there is a place called ATS !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join