It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police

www.wptv.com

FORT PIERCE, FL--Told McDonald’s was out of Chicken McNuggets after paying for a 10-piece, a local woman called 911...Three times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I too am going to call 911...

Because I'm going to have a coronary if I don't stop laughing. I swear to God I am going to be laughing about this for a week.

It's true. People will call 911 for the most ridiculous reasons. One of which is (I kid you not) to ask what time it is... o.O

Maybe this is why we live in a 'police state'. And I am kinda glad we DO live in a police state so stupid people like this will be taken care of properly and effectively.

In any case? I feel that the judge should punish this woman by sentencing her to 300 hours of community service--ten hours per each piece of chicken nuggets multiplied by the number of times she called 911. Her service would involve answering the phones in the complaint department of McDonald's "Customer Care And Satisfaction" call center.

www.wptv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well people call police and emergency services for stranger things.
I mean clearly they would have been happy to give her something else or give her money back.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Community service is a brilliant idea! Sentence her to community service in a chicken slaughterhouse. I guarantee you she will never order fast food chicken again.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is a good thread for BTS

As for sending her off to spend a day at a chicken slaughterhouse, agreed it put me off chicken for a good day or two.

Joking aside it is pretty nasty how they get racked up to die.

Seen a few come out the de-feathering machine with their heads still on, which means they were alive when they went in....poor buggers.

link   
Awesome, just awesome

link   
Our country is screwed!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
She obviously wasn't luvin' it - or, better yet, maybe somebody wasn't luvin' her. Fast food addiction rears its ugly head.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Yeah, I heard that from a cop. By law here they have to physically respond to all attempted or completed 911 calls which means if you call for the time....they will make the time.

My niece learned this the hard way when she was nine. My brother yelled at her for fighting with her sister and for not getting in the car to go to the store, so she went in and called the cops to report her sister for "being a brat." Lo and behold....the porkies showed up and had a little talk with her about going to jail for a fake call.
That girl will NEVER call 911 again, even if the house is on fire!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
WHAT!!!! Is this woman serious?!?! Hahaha

What's next? My pizza being delivered 1 hour late is an emergency???

How do these people even co-exist and survive in the real world.

She must have mental problems or something. Substance abuse issues?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Lol...what is the world coming too?

Seriously.

People have lost their minds.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh my.
Oh my.
Beam me up.
Please.
Now.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I am sure no one will agree with me, and her use of 911 was not right use. But, the cops should have arrested the employee from McDonald's for STEALING, Theft by Deception, and fraud. That woulda woke up the dimwitted employee who obviously, as the story states, violated McDonald's rules on giving a refund.

It is against the law to sell something you don't own and to keep the money, funny none of you seemed to pick up on that fact. You prefer to think it's over chicken nuggets and not outright theft and fraud by McDonald's. I personally hope some unscrupulous attorney has already contacted this woman and is ready to file charges against McDonald's. If hot coffee is worth 1 million, theft should be worth 10 million. Besides I bet no McDonald's employee would ever ever ever tell a customer they couldn't have their money back again if McDonald's paid for this blatant fraud, deception and theft.

If it had been me, they would have been arresting me for assault not 911 calls... To all of you that think it's OK for corporations to defraud and steal from hard working Americans, shame on you...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I say 1000 hours community service working in Mcdonalds deep frying chicken nuggets so other people won't feel the urge to abuse the 911 line because there truly as stupid as her. People, are just wow...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
I say 1000 hours community service working in Mcdonalds deep frying chicken nuggets so other people won't feel the urge to abuse the 911 line because there truly as stupid as her. People, are just wow...

Nah. Somebody as stupid as her would probably burn the chicken. She'd hear the bell and think "OMG! SOMEBODY IS AT THE DOOR!"

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sounds like a normal Ft. Pierce occurrence to me. As ashamed as I am to say, I lived there till about three years ago, and that type of ignorance is pretty typical for the area. Just makes me even more happy that I escaped. What a nutjob.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

To all of you that think it's OK for corporations to defraud and steal from hard working Americans, shame on you...

Not to mention the fact that those same corporations operating the fast-food business are serving extra extra extra super size french fries and bacon cheeseburgers packed with special sauce and extra pickles. And ALSO not to mention...

THIS!!!

Talk about artery-clogging wholesomeness in every bite?

[edit on 3/3/09 by Marked One]

link   
No.

No no no no nonononono

Nooooooo!

(this cannot be the country I was born in)

Besides,
Everybody knows that you pay off irate Mcnuggets freaks with Happy Meals.

link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

You make a good point.
I'm sure she was very frustrated -
and I would be upset as well.

I would find other avenues -
Talk to a supervisor - instead of the cashier...
Contact the McDonalds office -
We don't really know what went down...
maybe she tried.

Or maybe she just couldn't figure out any
other way to get her needs met.

Just weird - all of it.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join