reply to post by theindependentjournal

I like the way you think. you'r right they should have gave her money

back.

I am always nice to the fast food workers because I dont like spit or

worse on my food.

lol good day

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think this is being spun quite severely.

On being told that the food she ordered was unavailable, the woman was entirely justified in asking for a refund - which she didn't receive.

In effect she was being robbed by the store.

Was she stupid to call 911 3 times, yes of course she was, but let's be clear that she wasn't calling because they were out of McNuggets, she was calling because they took her money.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. Worthy of a roll of the eyes and then move on. Yes, people are stupid.

CJ

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
She deserves community service, abusing the 911, is a crime and her stupidity does not make her exempt.

I am not suprised just because this happened in Florida. I am a native of the state and amazed by the stupidity of many of the residents. Sexual selection with stupid people having litters of children is to blame. It is like Idocracy here and I think it may be too late for Florida, hopefully the rest of the States has some hope.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just ask for a supervisor. Common practice, no? When you can't get your money back, ask for management, happens in every business. 95% of the time, your money is returned. Call the police? ... not very smart.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, there are more than one issues here...

Yes, anything this small and simple does not deserve 911 call.

That said, the McDonalds had committed fraud and were not willing to make good on it.

They did not give her her order and they refused to refund her money, they offered other products.
That is fraud and basic bait and switch mentality.

I think that McDonalds need to be fined for fraud and be sued over it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

"This is an emergency, If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one,” Latreasa L. Goodman later told police. “This is an emergency."

Goodman told investigators she tried to get a refund for the 10-piece McNuggets, but the cashier told her all sales are final.

The woman was right to call the police. No debate.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It is not an isolated incident though.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The woman had a legitimate complaint, given the fact that she asked for and was denied a refund, to which she was entitled.

Her charges stem from having called 911, not once, but three times.

Sadly, there are many who don't know that the police have non-emergency numbers to call in non-emergency situations, not that I believe that police intervention in this matter was necessary.

Also, this is not the first incident in which a customer called 911 to complain about a fast food restaurant. There is a link to another case on the same page of the link provided here and I remember one from about a year or so ago.

What I found most interesting about the ariticle was that the writer saw fit to provide not only a history of the Chicken McNugget, but a description of how it is eaten, the number of calories in the meal that was ordered and the fat content.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
What I found most interesting about the ariticle was that the writer saw fit to provide not only a history of the Chicken McNugget, but a description of how it is eaten, the number of calories in the meal that was ordered and the fat content.

McDonald's never will let a good advertisement go to waste.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
No.

No no no no nonononono

Nooooooo!

(this cannot be the country I was born in)

Besides,
Everybody knows that you pay off irate Mcnuggets freaks with Happy Meals.

Must have the prize though,

it's no good without the little prize...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The woman had a legitimate complaint, given the fact that she asked for and was denied a refund, to which she was entitled.

Her charges stem from having called 911, not once, but three times.

That is it exactly. I hate stupid 911 calls, being one to respond to medical runs like stomach aches and sore ingrown toenails. Every time we hit the road in a rig we take a chance on losing our life because people are confused in how to react to Fire/rescue and create havoc whether we run full code or are just driving to a scene silent/no lights. When we run full code its just nuts you should see it...I am sure most of you pull over in a timely reasonable fashion but too many ignore it or try and outrun you by turning left in front of the rig. /rant

Not quite the same as PD because they are always on the road.

If anyone were to listen to the 911 call she stated she had spoke with a manager and was still refused a refund and would only be offered a substitute. This was not someone returning an item, she never received the item in the first place. Her only mistake was repeatedly dialing 911.

The Government should try harder to educate the people about non-emergency call numbers so 911 dispatch is not overwhelmed with calls like this.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When asked if she spoke with the manager the woman then says "She said she are the manager"

Maybe she should get Obama to pay for her Chicken Nuggets

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
lol my boyfriend showed me that last night.

what a moron.

i think there are bigger problems in America then complaining about pieces of chicken.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
She should be thankful...it probably stretched her life span out for a couple years. My guess is she's either spoiled or obese.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
No lie,
I had a short lunch break today and I didn't have time to go home and cook (like usual) so I went to Wendy's to get a salad. Because they are delicious salads.

And they told me that they "salad-maker" wasn't in, so they didn't have salads.

That happened today. I didn't call 911 though, haha, or yell. I was like, fine, I'll have a chicken sandwich because I was already there. But I probably won't go back now.

The funny thing is that in my case, the healthiest thing wasn't available.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
No lie,
I had a short lunch break today and I didn't have time to go home and cook (like usual) so I went to Wendy's to get a salad. Because they are delicious salads.

And they told me that they "salad-maker" wasn't in, so they didn't have salads.

That happened today. I didn't call 911 though, haha, or yell. I was like, fine, I'll have a chicken sandwich because I was already there. But I probably won't go back now.

The funny thing is that in my case, the healthiest thing wasn't available.

Yes, but you hadn't paid for it and then you weren't told that you wouldn't get it. Big difference.

But don't worry, your calories are also hiding in your salad

General note - all people who ridicule this women, please read thoroughly:
Nobody should judge this woman for what she has done. It is the government's responsibiliy to assure that everyone knows the right numbers to call.

Ridicule isn't beneficial and won't help or improve a thing. Note, it's always easier to stay kewl if you are not caught in the same situation.
PS: no need to star my posting, I know I am right

[edit on 4-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

1. Starring doesn't mean you're right either,
. If you know you're right, then you're right.

2. True, that I hadn't already paid. Still kind of lame. Even though their salads are mostly sugar and water, it's much better to get the fake-grilled chicken in them than to get it fried. I also need to gain weight, not lose it, so the calories are not an issue for me.

Chicken nuggets are just... scary, scary little nuggets.

[edit on 3/4/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
@ravenshadow13

OK
Stars don't make a statement right. lol

I call that deliberate distortion of reality when you see that crispy yummy stuff in the commercials and then when you go there ... you get ...

... UFOs
Unidentified Fried Objects

hahah ... hey it's OK then to gain a few pounds if you want to

wow, scary little nuggets
-lol-

Greetings

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
When asked if she spoke with the manager the woman then says "She said she are the manager"

Maybe she should get Obama to pay for her Chicken Nuggets

Lol that got me rolling. But seriously if you can't handle your own problems in life with out going to tell mommy somethings wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join