It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's out of nuggets; woman calls police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Well people call police and emergency services for stranger things.
I mean clearly they would have been happy to give her something else or give her money back.

Clearly you did not read the source article or read the statement released by McDonalds.

I can understand this women being upset. I would be also if I paid for something, then told I could not have it and I am left with no choice but to accept their substitution. She did not want anything else, she should have been given her money back, but McDonald's refused to do so. That is their mistake and one they even acknowledge in the statement they released.

My only question is... now that they are willing to refund her money after the fact, are they also going to help her cover her legal expenses since the store refused to refund her money to begin with which was WHY she called the police to begin with?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Mcmurder should have given the woman her money back.

Simple as that.... Otherwise it's verging on theft.

This story was good, but not as good as the bailiffs who reposessed the furniture and computers from a bank.

Screw the greedy.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
How do these people even co-exist and survive in the real world.

The same way religious people do, they believe that they are the only ones on this earth and because they are so special the world owes them everything.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
OMG, and these people wont even admit to FEMA camps....let them Burn

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GLDNGUN

There is always two sides to a story. But seriously call the cops over that? hahaha. People really need to learn the world dose not solely revolve around them.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Eating Fast Food will make you into a complete Retard

The fat clogs the small blood vessels in your brain, you get almost zero nutrition, the sugar content makes you lethargic and it takes days to digest sometimes, often producing alcohol in your intestines and making you even more of a ditz

So... I'm surprised she could remember the number 911

I'll offer this bet

No one ever calls 911 from the Health food store because they didn't get their Organic Apple Juice

You really are what you Eat

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Yep!
Actually, insert any Florida town!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Here is the THREE calls she placed to 911.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is nothing new,I saw a video of a recorded 911 call where the guy calling was mad cause the gir behind the counter would not give him lemonade then was gonna make him wait 15 minutes to get his food cause she was being a royal pain in the ass. He stayed online with them for three minutes and the operator wouldnt hang up on him.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
My only question is... now that they are willing to refund her money after the fact, are they also going to help her cover her legal expenses since the store refused to refund her money to begin with which was WHY she called the police to begin with?

They shouldn't. She dialed 911, which is reserved for emergency services, something her case quite obviously didn't require. In fact, she did it three times. Her legal mess is of her own making. She should have called the standard police line. That itself is not McDonalds' fault.

That's not to defend McD's. The initial failure to refund her money was theft, but they have since corrected the situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Eating Fast Food will make you into a complete Retard

The fat clogs the small blood vessels in your brain, you get almost zero nutrition, the sugar content makes you lethargic and it takes days to digest sometimes, often producing alcohol in your intestines and making you even more of a ditz

So... I'm surprised she could remember the number 911

I'll offer this bet

No one ever calls 911 from the Health food store because they didn't get their Organic Apple Juice

You really are what you Eat

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mopusvindictus]

Really? So how does that equate to folks like Paul Erdos who simply drank coffee and smoked cigarettes constantly yet was a mathematical genius?

Are those good for you?

I'm so sick and tired of dietary self righteousness...

Man do we live in the age of Piety or what?

Please keep in mind that the defenders of liberty have historically been drug addled and overweight men...

Also keep in mind that the detractors of liberty have historically had very strict diet regiments and looked down on those who didn't.

Which are you?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Lmao. That's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
To be honest, wouldn't you be quite annoyed if you bought a meal, but then was told to pick another one because they didn't have the one you asked for and you couldn't get a refund?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Annoyed yes... no one is disputing that.

Calling 911 though? An "EMERGENCY" system?

Are you really supporting what this women did?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Annoyed? Certainly. I definitely wouldn't call 911 over it. That's reserved for emergency services only. I probably wouldn't call the police over a couple of bucks, either, but rest assured, I wouldn't be visiting that McDonalds again.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope the woman server, who claimed also to be a manager at that McDonald's, loses her job.
When I used to be on the road a lot I had little recourse but to use fast food places from time to time, and while the majority of servers were extremely polite and friendly, especially given their low pay and no tips, there was also an inordinate number of overly dense dingbats as well.
Imagine living in a neighborhood where you have to put up with that kind of service (or lack of) on a daily basis. I would lose my cool too.
Its all about power and powerlessness - who has it, and who doesn't.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Nah, but I see where she's coming from. I imagine she felt like she was getting robbed and forced to choose something she didn't want. So she phoned the police. 3 times. Now it's sorted and she got her money back.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I laughed so hard at this, people just never cease to amaze.
But seriously is it MCD policy that they cant give a refund on the spot?, that sounds illegal or at least where i come from it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Calling 911 is too far, and she should face the penalties for doing that..but I simply cannot understand the rudeness MCD dares to show..
where did the time go where Customers were kings and queens?

Last time I went to a fastfood "restaurant", I got a similar issue:

My work provides me with Restaurant Tickets, for 2 euro each. these can be used, just like real money in certain restaurants who accept them, to pay for food. So does the Burger King..

so I went there, asking for a menu and desert. the girl behind the counter added up the total and it came to 6.50 euros. Since I planned on paying with restaurant tickets, and they do not provide a money back (change) for restaurant tickets, I simply asked if I could get another icecream for the remaining 1.5 euro that my 4 restaurant tickets would provide (4 x 2 euro makes 8 euro, minus the 6.5 euros leaves 1.5 euro)

she told me that they could not do that since she alread calculated the total order
So I had no choice but to pay 1.5 euro extra for me meal.. NOT IN MY LIFETIME!

since the manager also could not "reverse" the already finished order, i simply cancelled the whole order (which WAS possible), got back my 4 tickets and I stepped in another line and ordered again...

Not even a simply sorry, or manual fix was possible.. somtimes the rules and systems are so twisted, where customers become nothing more than numbers..

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is not that uncommon, I remember something similar where a guy called 911 because his Quiznos sub dident taste right and they used the wrong type of sauce or something. It was either Quiznos or Subway .... and now I am in need of a Honey Bacon Club without onions and tomatos and extra cheese.

I have been to a particular KFC that has ran out of chicken on several occasions ... it happens. I have also been to a Dunkin Donuts that ran out of yogurt to make their smoothies and I just told them off for their incompetence and went next door to Taco Bell, no big loss to me. They however have lost my business for life.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join