It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't know if it has been said or not, as I have jumped ahead after just reading a few responses, but I don't think fishing line would cut this.

There was a point in which it appears that the horse is STOPPED from its rocking. Unless the hoaxer decided to edit the video when the rocking horse was rocking itself to rest... But it looks too fluid. I think there is something there we can't see.

I'm not going to go to the trouble of copying the video and posting up the frames I have in mind. Why? Because I know ghosts are a real phenomenon. I've seen several of them at an old haunted hotel near where I grew up. It is somewhat famous for its hauntings. Suffice it to say, I believe in this stuff even though I don't talk about it much.

The frames I'm thinking of occur somewhere around the 3:00 minute mark. The horse is rocking relatively well and then it abruptly stops. The only way to accomplish this with line is to have some sort of pulley system set up with line on either end...

In reality it looks as if someone was rocking on it and then abruptly stood up, causing the horse to stop immediately.
I'm going to watch it again and see if this is in response to the voices we hear in the background. Maybe the ghost was "spooked"...

S&F

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Alright, I had a second look at it.

The frames I'm speaking of actually come around the 2:37 mark forward.
Something creates a noise in the relative foreground... nearby. And the horse immediately stops rocking. Either whatever was there was spooked and decides to stop, or this is a hoax and the noise was the mechanism used to move the horse.

I don't buy the hoax though. I caught nothing out of the norm during the begining of the rocking and it definately appears that someone laborously sets down on the horse. It bows deeply forward as someone or something sits down and tries to establish its balance on the horse...

GREAT VIDEO!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

There is no noise around that time in the room besides the horse, I've examined the audio quite closely - I did find something else though if you look back on page 9...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I've looked at it also. Look at the time around 2:37... There is a very audible CLICK in the foreground. Somewhere nearby. The horse stops rocking immediately thereafter.
I'm not saying it is a hoax. I think the ghost got spooked.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I don't need to look at the video, I can see the waveform and it is most definitely coming from the horse - it carries on for another two squeaks after the double clicks. There are similar sounds when it's moving later in the video, it's a pretty moot point anyway compared to the laugh/breath IMO.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I listened to the video again. Much more closely this time and to both of your audio samples.
Honestly, I don't hear any of it.

Not even the click I mentioned earlier. You were right about that much, it is the horse itself.

As far as the laughter goes, I don't hear that either.
I did hear some laughter in the clip unedited at all, but I think it was the television.

Still a good video.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I have an ambitious three year old and I have caught him plenty of times doing something he shouldn't.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

I don't need to look at the video, I can see the waveform and it is most definitely coming from the horse - it carries on for another two squeaks after the double clicks. There are similar sounds when it's moving later in the video, it's a pretty moot point anyway compared to the laugh/breath IMO.

And I agree, the laugh/breath seems as mystifying as the horse moving IMO.

What,then, COULD make that type of noise from a NON super-natural perspective? Without doubt it IS a laugh or cackle. And it does sound (not to seem overly dramatic) but the words 'meanacing' or diabolical come to mind.

Thanks for your sound work on this. I encourage any that haven't yet to give it another listen. Frankly, the sounds on this video have disturbed me from the first viewing.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why go through all of the trouble of hoaxing this 15 years ago and not put it on the net earlier. Hoaxers love attention and no way they would make this and hold it for 15 years. That would be a well planned hoax

That would have been allot of trouble to go through just to fool relatives.

To me this means that the story is true about loosing the original until now.

and again why make a vid 15 years ago this elaborate to fool relatives and furthermore his dad would have to be a rock for not slipping up and telling what really happened after 15 years. That would mean he lied to his family for 15 years.

And if he did it with other family member to just fool a few other family members than the probability would be even smaller because that would be more than one person who would be forced to lie for 15 years with out breaking.

besides that why would the whole family go through all the trouble just to carry on a 15 year lie to the boy in the vid.

To me it looks genuine. Hell, it feels genuine to me. The hair stood up on the back of my neck when I saw it. This could be the real thing ladies and gentelman.

Good post OP! S&F for you.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Has everyone ruled out the possibility of it being a string or fishing line being pulled on by someone off camera? If it's already been said, then consider this me reiterating the notion. -J

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Your relatives are clearly different than mine. I could definitely see my dad and my uncle pulling a prank like that on the wife, and then once the story circulates and now it becomes "family legend" then it would be even more fun of a prank...at least to me.

That being said, no idea if this is a hoax or not. I'm glad the OP posted either way, cool vid, or fun prank that it is.

Several people point out some minor issues with the video. If you choose to believe that it's genuine and theres a ghost riding the toy, cool. If not, cool. No way you can possibly tell from this video whether it's genuine or not, it could just as easily be faked. No one really knows but the man who set up the cam...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
if he's intelligent enough to know how to get baby in trouble, why does he/she not understand the camera aimed at him/her?

So hard for anyone to give a creditable answer to this question when we are talking about a phenomena that we barely understand (in relative terms). Perhaps - and I stress perhaps - if this is a ghost, and it is the ghost of the little Amish boy, then would an Amish boy recognise modern video technology??? Rocking horses have been around for literally centuries. Not so Camcorders.

Originally posted by Jay-in-ARAs far as the laughter goes, I don't hear that either.

If you haven't already, listen to the "Laugh Processed" sample that Goathief provided on Page 9 of this thread. You need decent speakers for this: turn the volume right up and listen to it.

If the hairs on the back of you neck don't stand up, then you're made of grittier stuff than I

That recording was disturbing to say the least.

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Why go through all of the trouble of hoaxing this 15 years ago and not put it on the net earlier. Hoaxers love attention and no way they would make this and hold it for 15 years. That would be a well planned hoax

Damn good point Digital_Reality

Both the OP and his nephew have both been solid throughout this thread and have provided considered and dispassionate responses.

Whilst I can't be 100% sure about what it is we are really seeing in this, vid, the circumstances you outlined above, combined with the credibility of DancedWithWolves and MethosWare, make for some compelling evidence.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The laugh comes most probably from the tv.
And maybe the word (wire or liar) at 1:38 comes from a speaking puppet. (?)

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Jabbah]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have witnessed things like that before. Oscillating fans can build up enough energy to cause the horse to bounce. Not debunking, just offering a alternative.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
An interesting point about ghosts in general: Samuel Johnson said that since there were so many people who had reported seeing ghosts that indeed ghosts existed which
was a pragmatic answer to a spooky issue.

An interesting book about spirits contacting people especially loved ones after their
passage is WHEN SPIRITS COME CALLING by Sylvia Hart. The book covers some
interesting material but could have been been edited better. However, if you have
lost a loved one, you might want to read it. Apparently, spirits contacting loved ones like to do things like turning on lights and electronics!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Wow, this gave me the creeps watching it.

I have to agree with the other posters regarding the start and sudden stop of the rocking horse. You would need possibly two lines/wires to stop so suddenly. But then the sudden stop in the video looks like someone put their feet down to stop. It was a jerky kind of movement. Wouldn't that be difficult to replacate?

There were some really weird noises near the end. It sounded like whatever was making that noise was very close to the camera. Some kind of frequency disturbance near the mic.

I have to say that this would be a pretty elaborate hoax which took over 15 years to create. Why would anyone bother?

Seriously... I believe the OP has captured something unexplainable.

But then stranger things have happened. Like the other day I was sitting in my room (which is next to the front door of our house) when I heard a rattling of keys and someone opened then closed the front door quite hard (you need to shut it quite hard as it doesnt shut properly if you don't).

I went to investigate 2 seconds after it happened as I didnt hear footsteps and there was no one there. I could tell without opening the front door as there are glass panels that you can see through to the outside. I ran to the lounge where my niece was perched on a chair playing infront of the PC. I glanced out the large windows which looked directly onto the front door and no one was there. I ran outside and looked down the long drive way and no one there.

I've had a few other experiences and as they seem to happen unexpectedly, so it's pretty hard to tape. Perhaps the boy spirit was his guardian angel watching over him and letting him know he was there. The debunkers I presume are usually those who have never experienced these phenomenom personally, or if some have they disregard it as hallucinations or hoax's.

Why do you think many people have experiences of seeing loved ones after they have passed on. Wake up people. Life doesn't end when you die. There's a whole other world out there and it's called the spirit world. And unfortunately or fortunately some people can see them. Children are more susceptible to them because they are innocent and new to this world.

S & F for the OP

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MethosWare

Hi MethosWare

Is it OK if you ask your Dad the following:

*Does he remember the make and model of the camcorder? If nothing else, can he at least remember the year he purchased it and the brand?

*Prior to this footage being taken, what was your Dad's suspicion leaning towards regarding the culprit? Had he ruled you out? Did he suspect it was something out of the ordinary? Or was he convinced his three year old was the master conspirator behind all this?

*Prior to this incident, what your Dad's attitude/belief regarding the paranormal phenomenam? Was he a believer, skeptic, open-minded.

*Where did he buy the rocking horse? What town/city was the shop located in?

*Can your Dad gives us a guesstimate on the age of the rocking horse? As well as the vid, are there any photos of the said horse? I might have a contact who can date the horse (yes believe it or not - I know somebody who is a rocking horse expert
(suum cuique)

*Can you or your Dad provide us with the suburb and city of your old apartment?

Tell your Dad sorry for the incessant questioning ;-)

Many thanks again

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This may not be a ghost actually.

It could be an Alien in a high tech interdimensional cloaking suit.

Both are equally plausible imo

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
This may not be a ghost actually.

It could be an Alien in a high tech interdimensional cloaking suit.

Both are equally plausible imo

Are you being serious? While I have no doubt that aliens do exist in the universe due to sheer statistical probability and certain things I have seen but to suggest that an Alien in a "high tech interdimensional cloaking suit" would be visting a child's bedroom moving a rocking horse is slightly ridiculous to say the least.

Why on earth (pun intended) would a alien species with technology so advanced that they have "cloaking suits" be moving a rocking horse?

Don't you think if they were that advanced and intelligent they would have better things to do???

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by Nola213
if he's intelligent enough to know how to get baby in trouble, why does he/she not understand the camera aimed at him/her?

So hard for anyone to give a creditable answer to this question when we are talking about a phenomena that we barely understand (in relative terms). Perhaps - and I stress perhaps - if this is a ghost, and it is the ghost of the little Amish boy, then would an Amish boy recognise modern video technology??? Rocking horses have been around for literally centuries. Not so Camcorders.

That was me.

My thoughts on the "little Amish boy":
I don't claim to know this for sure, but it makes sense to me that when we "pass over", we're no longer bound to the rules of this physical form. One of the rules of the physical form is Memory. If we're reincarnated because there are lessons we failed in our past lives or things we need to experience, it makes sense that our memory in this form serves the purpose of binding our "higher selves" from giving us all the answers so we can pass on to the next world without having to repeat the course. So, if this body is "programmed" to bind our memory, then when we're free of our bodies, all knowledge comes back to us. And if you believe Time is of this body and the world it's bound in, you'd understand that technology would be quite familier to anyone not in their knowledge/memory/time-binding bodies. Hope that wasn't confusing.

Which means the "ghost" in the video would have full knowledge of the camera.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mmariebored]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join