It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm going to stay neutral, but; I cranked it up so I could make out the sound better. I hear one voice say "What's this?" then I hear "Wire" much louder in response. Go figure. Somebody playing around with their new video camera I'd conjecture.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A lot of new replies hehe. I cant see my dad doing something like this as I've not known him to be a funny guy lol and he doesnt even play april fools jokes lol. And im 19 now and before we even got the dvd i flat out asked my dad if he faked or edited it and he said no. I cannot say that I believe its a ghost or something paranormal but I cant say that it isnt either. My dad lives an hour away but next time i visit him Ill ask him again and eventually get my hands on the 8mm tapes (were they tapes? so out of my generation lol) and find someone in my town to convert them for me and find all the missing pieces. I also find it slightly strange how the time stamp disappears only on that clip and how we can see my dad walk out but we cant see him from the exact second he presses record. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

EDIT: Forgot about the laugh that scares the crap out of me lol

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Creeeepy! Great video and story behind it. I haven't read all the pages of the thread, but I will take it for what it is since I already believe

Remind me to never buy my children a rocking horse!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just to re-post something about the logic of the situation that no one seems to have answered:

"The main thing that bothers me is if your mum & dad went to the trouble and effort of setting up a camrecorder to catch you sneaking onto the rocking horse then I don't see why they wouldn't investigate when they heard it rocking but KNEW (as you was being put to bed) that it wasn't you doing it???

Surely they would jump up and think "what the hell's doing that?" and go and have a look."

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Just to re-post something about the logic of the situation that no one seems to have answered:

"The main thing that bothers me is if your mum & dad went to the trouble and effort of setting up a camrecorder to catch you sneaking onto the rocking horse then I don't see why they wouldn't investigate when they heard it rocking but KNEW (as you was being put to bed) that it wasn't you doing it???

Surely they would jump up and think "what the hell's doing that?" and go and have a look."

Maybe thats why they set it up then? They couldnt catch it, knew or thought strongly that it wasnt me, so they set up a video camera. That would explain a lot but I cant read their minds XD

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MethosWare

No what I'm saying is why didn't they go back into the room at the time the horse was rocking as shown in the video? They were upstairs so surely they would of heard it?

They would hear the rocking after they left the room and would be seen on camera re-entering the room to investigate.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is the full video available? Obviously this has been edited as the first shot after the boy is gone, is someone shutting the door rather than someone directly in front of the camera after pressing record. (Unless it's on a timer)

Also, I find it a little conveniant that the rocking appears barely a couple of minutes after the person has left the room.

Another question is surely if they set this up after hearing the horse numerous times, they would set it up night after night after this occurence, so shouldn't there be more vids, or did the ghost coincidentally stop rocking after it's first caught on camera moment?

One more question, sorry! How long after the video ends did the recorder continue for. A couple of hours at least I asume, is this footage available? As it will help if theres proof that someone didnt leave the room after five minutes with a piece of wire in their back pocket...!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Steel77]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steel77
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is the full video available? Obviously this has been edited as the first shot after the boy is gone, is someone shutting the door rather than someone directly in front of the camera after pressing record. (Unless it's on a timer)

Also, I find it a little conveniant that the rocking appears barely a couple of minutes after the person has left the room.

Another question is surely if they set this up after hearing the horse numerous times, they would set it up night after night after this occurence, so shouldn't there be more vids, or did the ghost coincidentally stop rocking after it's first caught on camera moment?

One more question, sorry! How long after the video ends did the recorder continue for. A couple of hours at least I asume, is this footage available? As it will help if theres proof that someone didnt leave the room after five minutes with a piece of wire in their back pocket...!

I do not have the full video currently but Im asking my dad for all the 8mm's so I can convert them myself to see all of the footage. Im pretty sure there were probably a lot of other bits of it not rocking but my father either recorded over it, or when they were converted them to dvd they cut it so that it would all fit on the about an hour long dvd of baby videos. Death_Kron they had gone on multiple occasions to check it and not finding anything thats most likely why they put the camera up, and they were busy with me did you want them to drop me and run to the room just to hopefully catch something XD

[edit on 4-3-2009 by MethosWare]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Who knows? You can hear that though. We get so much nonsense here that you can understand why people pick these videos apart for any evidence.

I know when I got my first video camera many moons ago, I made some strange stuff that now resides in a landfill. Us guys are electronic junkies.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Who knows? You can hear that though. We get so much nonsense here that you can understand why people pick these videos apart for any evidence.

I know when I got my first video camera many moons ago, I made some strange stuff that now resides in a landfill. Us guys are electronic junkies.

Yea I understand and dont take any offence to whats been said here I've seen worse on other forums lol. And I myself dont have a good explanation for it so i dont expect anyone else to believe me or disbelieve me. I just posted it so my mom and aunt and everyone could show their friends and keep the legend alive XD.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Sorry to keep re-posting but you haven't answered:

"No what I'm saying is why didn't they go back into the room at the time the horse was rocking as shown in the video? They were upstairs so surely they would of heard it?

They would hear the rocking after they left the room and would be seen on camera re-entering the room to investigate. "

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

"No what I'm saying is why didn't they go back into the room at the time the horse was rocking as shown in the video? They were upstairs so surely they would of heard it?

They would hear the rocking after they left the room and would be seen on camera re-entering the room to investigate. "

They probably heard it, they heard it many times, but every single time they went to investigate the didnt find anything. So why go just because a camera is running it can wait untill later the camera is there for a purpose. Or another possibility they didnt hear it they were playing with their son and the tv was on most of the time. When your doing something or concentrating you dont hear or you tune out other sounds, like when im studying I have to have the tv on but i cant tell you what is going on in the show.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Look, I really, really want to believe this.

But there's something someone hasn't pointed out yet. There's a date on the first part. There isn't on the second.

After watching this several times, I now believe that what we are seeing was filmed from two different cameras.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112
Look, I really, really want to believe this.

But there's something someone hasn't pointed out yet. There's a date on the first part. There isn't on the second.

After watching this several times, I now believe that what we are seeing was filmed from two different cameras.

Actually I have pointed that out many times, as I dont even understand why. I have posted 2 vids cause of my poor ripping parts of the dvd lol. And both parts before and after the ghost part have time stamps. I doubt we owned two cameras and its pretty obvious its the same horse same room and same quality. So it was most likely taped between the two bits, although I cant say that for certain.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MethosWare

They probably heard it, they heard it many times, but every single time they went to investigate the didnt find anything. So why go just because a camera is running it can wait untill later the camera is there for a purpose. Or another possibility they didnt hear it they were playing with their son and the tv was on most of the time. When your doing something or concentrating you dont hear or you tune out other sounds, like when im studying I have to have the tv on but i cant tell you what is going on in the show.

Well they wouldn't go just because a camera is running, presumably they heard it many times and when they looked it stopped but they thought it was you doing it - but when they checked you was in bed or whatever.

Thats why they set the camera, to catch you doing it?

So if you was in their presence and they heard it then they would know it wasn't you doing and surely would then want to go and find out what was?

I'm pretty sure they will have been alert and constantly listening out for it if this was a regular occurence and they didnt know what it was.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Was the part after the ghost riding of your parents operating the camera again?

Some cameras, when you turn them on don't have the date/time on the display; you have to turn it on manually.

It could just be that they turned the date/time on to record the times they were taping you or the family, but didn't bother to turn it on as they were just trying to "catch you" and probably weren't planning on saving the footage anyway.

I dunno.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112

Was the part after the ghost riding of your parents operating the camera again?

Some cameras, when you turn them on don't have the date/time on the display; you have to turn it on manually.

It could just be that they turned the date/time on to record the times they were taping you or the family, but didn't bother to turn it on as they were just trying to "catch you" and probably weren't planning on saving the footage anyway.

I dunno.

Yea my dad operating it again. Its possible he had to turn them on and didnt want to but who knows lol, i sure dont XD. I cant wait to get my hands on all the 8mm's tho lol and go digging through all my old baby vids haha.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm surprised that so few have commented on the laugh (possible EVP).

Methos, when you upload the next video from the original tape could you put it on ATS rather than youtube as the quality is severely reduced due to the encoding?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
I'm surprised that so few have commented on the laugh (possible EVP).

Methos, when you upload the next video from the original tape could you put it on ATS rather than youtube as the quality is severely reduced due to the encoding?

Sure I can reupload the current 2 I have if you would like.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Also while haveing dinner with your son, and you hear -SQUEAK, SQUEAKY, SQUEAK, SQUEAKITY, SQUEAK!- Comeing from the room, why not run in there and investigate.

That's an excellent point.
On the one hand, if it IS a ghost, it's an intelligent ghost who wants mom and dad to believe the child is doing it, which means we have an evil ghost.
Then again, if he's intelligent enough to know how to get baby in trouble, why does he/she not understand the camera aimed at him/her?

On the other hand, the fact that no one hears it when baby is present would help mom's case in debunking dad, if dad is the prankster(I know he said he didn't but none of us here really know-know.). Though, play time in front of the tv helps explain that, a little.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mmariebored]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join