It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Rides Rocking Horse (Video)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rarewings

rarewings, brother-in-law, dad;

Thank you so very much for coming here and writing about that night so long ago. It is most appreciated. I only saw this video this week for the first time. It blew me away - and I had already heard about it for years. I know now that the story I heard was not an exaggeration of what was in the video, in fact the story can't do the justice this deserves. What you were able to capture that night is truly amazing to see on film. I knew it was once I saw it - I knew it had to be seen by more people than would stumble across it on youtube - and I thought that at ATS we could find people that would help us understand what it was you caught on film.

So far, my nephew (your son), has helped fill in a lot of the information and been wonderfully patient in answering questions to help folks get a clear understanding. There are obvious knowledge gaps that he and I had of that night which you have helped answer. I'm sure there may be a few more questions pop up - some we can answer - some you can ignore if the person is just being abusive - the digital ego can get big here as in every forum - but that's another amazing thread if you care to use the search function which I highly recommend. If you can check back in on this thread when you get time that would be great and help us figure out what's best to do with restoring and or getting the best image possible out of the original. I thought here your son and I might get more information on what it is that you actually caught on film based on other research we may not know about or similar activities on video somewhere.

Thank you for keeping this film safe all these years and for maintaining it while technology has evolved. I think you have captured something very special. What a gift it is to see evidence that we may not be as separate from the spirit world as most believe us to be. Who knows....

Peace

[edit on 5-3-2009 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Thank you so much for posting here on ATS! I also want to thank your sister-in-law and your son for posting, and getting this thread started. I honestly believe and feel that you are all sincere, and are not making this up!

Let's be honest, people like Blossom Goodchild, who hoaxed the whole alien visitation, made money from her books etc. You guys have nothing to gain at all, in fact, you are now open to skepticism, and it can be quite brutal and often dumbfounded here at ATS.

I look forward to all 3 of you guys posting more information, and adding to this thread. Often, as an individual, we can forget things. However, when 3 people start discussing the past, one remembers something, that the others didn't, jogs their memory, and starts making the picture clearer!

Don't be discouraged by anyone flaming you here, we all have our own opinions, and those who disbelieve, have that right to express their views.

I will keep my eye closely on this thread.

Welcome to ATS BTW

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
S&F

That my friend is a Djinn\Spriti at play. Could be a child Djinni as well.

that was my initial impression as well that it is some form of house dwelling elemental spirit. Somehow didnt have a human feel to it. It looked in my opinion to be elemental based

Many European cultures retained house spirits into the modern period. Some examples of these include:

Brownie (Scotland and England)
Hob (England)
Kobold (Germany) / Goblin / Hobgoblin

Domovoi (Slavic)

Nisse (Norwegian or Danish)
Tomte (Swedish)
Tonttu (Finnish

[edit on 5-3-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Thanks for the input. Could you recommend any light reading on these entities....be it threads and/or links. I will do a search as well. I would appreciate hearing more about what specifically makes you identify it as those when you have time. I'm still and forever learning. Again, thanks!

Peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by Astrobee
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Well, that does it for me. we got another hoaxer.

OP, you mean to tell me all that squeaking didn't get anyone's attention?

That loud too?

That's OK , post your hoax, karma payback can be a real bitch.

So can stupidity.

Grow up.

Me being stupid?

Crank the volume way up mckyle. You can hear a child say whats that?

Then the father says "wire". Pay attention to how close to the camera the voices are. Maybe the conversation came from the next room at most but I suspect the father was behind the camera.

But thats not the real reason I am calling it a hoax.

I say it again, turn the volume way up. When the horse starts rocking, it is loud as hell. If they were close enough to camera to be heard, they would have heard the horse rocking. Why didn't they investigate it? Doesn't make any sense.

Don't be so gullible. And try using some discernment yourself, if you have any.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thankyou for taking the time to respond, it is a great video for sure, I just can't get past the "whispered word"

For all those that say it is shouting, coming from the next room etc, please put on some headphones and pay attention at 1:39 it comes from the same room...

Originally posted by MethosWare
And whats with everyone obsessing over the word wire or liar

Why?

Such as the following are important in crediting the story:

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
Did you guys here these strange sounds at nearly the end of the video near or from the Camcorder.
Its nearly the same sound i get in my Computerspeakers when a Mobilephone-Call comes in.
My thoughts are this is for real because of that.
Ghost often emit (electro)magnetic fields.
Ghosthunters often use Magneticfield-meters.

Originally posted by dneudecker
The thing that stood out most to me was also those sounds towards the end. It definitely sounds like the interference caused by a cellphone, but perhaps some other electronic device could have caused it. I don't recall ever hearing any other devices doing that though, at least back in the early nineties. I'd have to look into that a little more.

I too find these comments just as valuable in determining fact from fiction:

Originally posted by deltadart
Watched the video several times and I heard the word "wire" loud and clear. And to me it very much sounded like it came from the room. Just being honest here.

Originally posted by imitator
The word "WIRE" was whispered... not yelled, whoever video taped this wasn't aware of how well a camera microphone can pick up noises.

I am trying to understand the whole story, no just drips and drabs... I find it perfectly reasonable to question the "noise" "whispered word" that is clearly audible, when people also use the static sound towards the end of the video as eveidence for approval of something "abnormal"

Just as:

Originally posted by TheGreensGoblin
I know its already been mentioned, but the EM interference at the end is plain creepy... You got me thinking!!!

got TheGreensGoblin thinking so to did "wire" "liar" at 1:39 catch my attention and that of others...

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Right I've just watched the tape again and I'm almost convinced the word "Wire" is whispered at 1:39 - 1:40, I would rule out it being a TV or spoken by either of the parents because its clearly a whisper - you wouldn't pick that up on the tape if it was on a TV.

Yet...

if someone was going to make a fake ghost video why would they yell the word wire lol.

Alibi perhaps...?

It is a great video, but I refuse to say 100% it is true simply because it has been posted by a respected person here at ATS:

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Wow....nice folks around here some days. Sir or Madam, I have been on ats to long and contributed to much to try to pull a stupid hoax stunt.

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
Hey guys. Do you really think a long time poster would risk their credibility on ats by posting a fake video?

For shame...

Originally posted by Raud
And for the weak-minded who claim this a hoax; don't you think that this would be a pretty lame thing to fake?

Um no... cause that's never happened

[edit on 5/3/09 by 7even]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Finally...

I just want to find the truth, this is WHY I joined ATS, sadly others have higher priorities…

Originally posted by Raud
Geez, no wonder most of the "debunkers" in here are way below 1000pts. Get a life you people.

Gladly though…

Originally posted by elevatedone
*** ATTENTION ***
We're not discussing each other, membership status, points, or anything else, from this point on.

Thank You.

Deny Ignorance!!

[edit on 5/3/09 by 7even]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I would specifically do some research on both the

Scottish Brownie and Slavic Domovoi.

Outwardly both seem silly and fairy tale like when you initially ponder the possability. It is only when you really research elemental housebound spirit types that you realize the bizzare role these types of entities play and how oddly they actually fit the definition of events that likely happened at your house. I'm sure most posters on here will say either this is fake, a human spirit, or a text book case of a polterguise (sp) haunting. Do alittle homework on these two intriguing entities types and you will see some commonalites. Elemental spirits are NOT human, thus their irrational and bizzare behavior at times. They are also very playful and even mischievious. They are almost always completely invisible to the eye. They do possess an intelligence but it is more of a animal/human like intellect very emotionally driven and heavily influenced by the emotions of those in the household.

If you have ever seen what looked like a large furry ball something (size between a soccer ball and a grapefruit) out of the corner of your eye and then gone/vanish in split second you have have witnessed one of these. Unlike what many books have suggested, i personally do NOT believe everyhousehold has one (or more) of these... I believe it is semi rare, and has nothing to do with a human death or haunting.

The domovoi does have a more malicious side. Although one's own domovoi could be considered an ally, the domovoi from a neighboring household brought no happiness.

If a domovoi becomes unhappy, it plays nasty tricks on the members of the household. Those include moving and rattling small objects, breaking dishes, leaving muddy little footprints, causing the walls of a house to creak, banging on pots and moaning. If the family can determine the cause of their domovoi's discontent, they can rectify the situation and return things to normal. If not, the spirit's tricks may escalate in intensity, coming to more closely resemble those of a poltergeist (cf. tomte), or he may threaten to stifle people in their beds (this myth is likely to be based on sleep paralysis). More often than not, however, families live in harmony with the spirits, and no problems arise.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 7even

Your thoughts on the EVP I found are?...

As for my opinion on everything? I now believe this is genuine, at first I believed it was a hoax but after investigating deeper and analysing the audio in detail I'm convinced there's more to this than a piece of string tied to a rocking horse. On my first listening I also thought the word "wire" was spoken but it is indeed "liar", I could upload a sample of it to prove my point but there's little need as it's quite clear.

Here's a link to the possible EVP again for those who might have missed it back on page 9.

Laugh & Breath (EVP) - Raw

Laugh & Breath (EVP) - Processed

I've made two versions, the first is a raw file and the second is lightly processed. I could probably make it even cleaner but a lot of the dynamics will be lost and I think they are very important for this example in particular.

First of all the acoustics are greatly different to those of the TV and other noises emanating from the other room, there is no loss of high frequencies (which creates that muffled sound) which is followed by what sounds like a breath which could only be produced by being close to the microphone due to it's tonal characteristics.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by 7even

Your thoughts on the EVP I found are?...

Strange to say the least...

That's what makes this video so fascinating
IMO

Perhaps knowing the camera model might help in determining it's susceptibility to static etc.

I'm by far a video expert and the following is a massive stab in the dark, but could it be possible while transferring the video to digital it picked up some interference?? Could the original ribbon have deterioated over time and this was caught in the conversion...?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrobee

If you're in another room playing with your son and the TV is on which we can clearly hear through the walls, you could probably NOT hear the horse rocking actually. I don't think that is hard to consider.

Furthermore, thank you Rarewings for joining the site and clearing up the last bits of fuzzy information. It is a superb video and I am excited to follow this story. If you do decide to "go public" with this, as others have suggested, good luck.

As much as I believe this is probably genuine, I doubt this video would change anyone's mind though if viewed on some ghost show on Discovery or SciFi. I think this is just the kind of place to release it to.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
the audio sounds like a tv in the other room, why were u filming when the tv is on in the other room? this would indicate there are people in the other room watching tv so why are u filming to catch your nephew playing on the rocking horse?wouldnt it be better to wait until you got to bed rather than run out of tape before the camera has time to catch your nephew in the act? Basically, why are you filming to catch your nephew playing on the rocking horse when you are watching tv in the other room?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
the audio sounds like a tv in the other room, why were u filming when the tv is on in the other room? this would indicate there are people in the other room watching tv so why are u filming to catch your nephew playing on the rocking horse?wouldnt it be better to wait until you got to bed rather than run out of tape before the camera has time to catch your nephew in the act? Basically, why are you filming to catch your nephew playing on the rocking horse when you are watching tv in the other room?

This film was the test run to see how long it would record and all that stuff look up rarewings post he was the camera operator and already answered this question

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This film was the test run to see how long it would record and all that stuff look up rarewings post he was the camera operator and already answered this question

ah ok i do apologise, i do think its a very good video.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
its interesting to note that if it was fishing wire being pulled then the rocking horse would move backwards very controlled and then move forward with just the momentum from it moving backwards. In this video this is not the case because the rocking horse moves forward with just as much force forwards as it does backwards. In fact the horse sometimes moves forwards and stays there as if weight is shifted forward. The only way you could do this is if 2 people were at either end and both had wires pulling it. This is a bit ridiculas so i'd say this is very convincing. Also dont get upset when people discuss how it could have been faked. Skepticism is a healthy thing and we should question everything, this is why conspiracy theories exist, because we are questioning the information we are given, dont take it to heart. Very good video.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Spirits are frisky and all, but come ON, the people used twine or fishing wire, hid, had someone set up the camera, and started pulling the srting. I believe in spirits, but IMNSHO, this is a rip.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I really hope that this is real.
Not because I need a reason to believe in ghosts - I already do -

...but because it would be in really poor taste if it was posted and watched in
good faith by so many - only to learn someone just posted it for a jolly -

So... I really hope that this is real.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

its interesting to note that if it was fishing wire being pulled then the rocking horse would move backwards very controlled and then move forward with just the momentum from it moving backwards. In this video this is not the case because the rocking horse moves forward with just as much force forwards as it does backwards. In fact the horse sometimes moves forwards and stays there as if weight is shifted forward. The only way you could do this is if 2 people were at either end and both had wires pulling it. This is a bit ridiculas so i'd say this is very convincing. Also dont get upset when people discuss how it could have been faked. Skepticism is a healthy thing and we should question everything, this is why conspiracy theories exist, because we are questioning the information we are given, dont take it to heart. Very good video.

I actually think just one wire is attached to the front of the horse. If you watch the very first movements..the horse is strained forward then released to give the momentum for the rocking action. It does not need anybody either end because the springs take over. My child had one of these and it would continue the rocking action once dismounted.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I really can't say that audio in this clip means anything.
But that Laugh that someone picked out is a little strange!

It was recorded with a Sony Handycam HI8 (16 plus years old Technology now), it is in a small room, old house, single pain windows. next to a street (with traffic), with the TV on in the next room. I am cooking in the kitchen and playing in the frontroom with my son. I think the sounds you are hearing is just TV, me and my son.

To answer the question "did I hear the noise of the horse"?
Yes I thought I did, stopped by the door on the way from the kitchen but heard nothing. BUT i wasn't thinking there was "something" riding the horse.
I was getting the camera ready to catch my son playing instead of sleeping so I wasn't listening for the noise.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by rarewings]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ever see this footage?

www.thesun.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join