It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Noahide Laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
President George W. Bush signed a proclamation declaring April 16, 2008 – the 106th anniversary of the birth of the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, of righteous memory – Education and Sharing Day, USA.
www.chabad.org...

The same picture is also on the Whitehouse website.

On 20th March 1991, President Bush Snr signed into law a Congressional Joint Resolution entitled, "A Joint Resolution To Designate March 26, 1991, As Education Day, USA". This joint resolution became Public Law 102-14. Public Law 102-14 states emphatically that all civilization from the beginning has been based upon a set of laws entitled "The Seven Noahide Laws". Public Law 102-14, set the Noahide Laws as the basis for International Law to which all American law must conform - (Don't forget United Nations). The penalty for violating any of these Noahide Laws is spelled out in the Encyclopedia Judaica, "violation of any one of the seven laws subjects the Noahide to capital punishment by decapitation." On the accusation of one Jew, the accused non-jew may be legally decapitated. There is no assumption of innocence until proven guilty, nor of the prosecution having to prove their case .

The Lubavitch movement, known for its strict adherence to the smallest detail of the Talmud, want to ban christianity, xmas and easter among other things - If you believe in Jesus and claim he is the son of God, then you are guilty of blasphemy, for which the penalty is decapitation. The Lubavitchers aim to set up courts in every community, including the UK.

In the Talmud Non-Jews are referred to as Bnei Noach (since all mankind are descended from the Biblical Patriarch Noah). Mankind was commanded to keep six Mitzvot (laws) from the time of Adam and seven from the time of Noah, before Abraham and the Jewish nation were born. Although the 613 Mitzvot of the Torah superseded these Seven Mitzvot for the Jewish nation, these Mitzvot remain binding to Bnei Noach [None-Jews] today. Therefore on Judgment Day, G-d will judge all gentiles [Non-Jews] according to these 7 laws, and not the 10 commandments (which were commanded to the House of Israel only), to see whether they merit a place in the world to come. www.noachide.org.uk...
According to the lubavitchers, a non-jew can be decapitated for reading about Israel.

The Lubavitcher's are a Neo-Pharisees movement. Many Pharisees belonged to the Jewish satanic occult group, the Cabal. The Pharisees attributed the many miracles of Jesus to his adeptness in the "Egyptian Mysteries" which they said enabled Jesus to access the power of the Cabal occult. Jesus warned the Pharisees not to ascribe his power to Satan, but they continued to do so. The Pharisees succeeded in killing Jesus Christ on the basis that Jesus was claiming he was God in the flesh and this was a blasphemy against God - Noahide Law 5.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.noahide.com... The photo at the top left of this website is Rabbi Menahem Mendel Schneerson -there's more text if you click on his photo.

See section VI, Courts of Justice - especially law 16
web.archive.org...://www.noahide.com/lawslist.htm

600+ Commandments for non-jews
www.hasidicuniversity.org.../th_toc.htm

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here is Public Law 102-14 as it Reads on the Books:

APPENDIX ONE
105 STAT. 44 PUBLIC LAW 102-14-MAR. 20,1991

Public Law 102-14
102d Congress
Joint Resolution

Mar. 20. 1991
[H.J Res 104] To designate March 26. 1991, as "Education Day. U. S. A."

Whereas Congress recognizes the historical tradition of ethical values and principles which are the basis of civilized society and upon which our, great Nation was founded;

Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;

Whereas without thes ethical values and principles the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos;

Whereas society is profoundly concerned with the recent weakening of these principles that has resulted in crises that beleaguer and threaten the fabric of civilized society;

Whereas the justified preoccupation with these crises must not let the citizens of this Nation lose sight of their responsibility to transmit these historical ethical values from our distinguished past to the generations of the future;

Whereas the Lubavitch movement has fostered and promoted these ethical values and principles throughout the world;

Whereas Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, leader of the Lubavitch movement, is universally respected and revered and his eighty-ninth birthday falls on March 26, 1991:

Whereas in tribute to this great spiritual leader, "the rebbe", this, his ninetieth year will be seen as one of "education and giving", the year in which we turn to education and charity to return the world to the moral and ethical values contained in the Seven Noahide Laws: and

Whereas this will be reflected in an international scroll of honor signed by the President of the United States and other heads of state:

Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That March 26, 1991, the start of the ninetieth year of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, leader of the worldwide Lutbavitch movement. is designated as "Education Day. U.S.A.". The President is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

PUBLIC LAW 102-14-MAR. 20,1991 105 STAT. 45

Approved March 20, 1991

LEGISLATIVE HISTORY-H.J Res 104
CONGRESSIONAL RECORD. Vol 137. (1991)
Mar 5. considered and passed House
Mar 7. considered and passed Senate

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Whilst some of what you are saying is true, its also very funny.

The chabadnicks are more like Christians than you know.

What they are not is main stream jews.

Also Im not sure where you get 600+ commandments for non jews. Its called the 7 noahide laws. The only thing I can think of which is 600+ things you need to do are the Mitzvot which non-jews dont have to do (but can do), the Mitzvot are specifically a part of the jewish religion (in all its incarnations) and pretty much are just prayers for every occasion as you do things.

Ahh i see now your talking about the interpretations of the applications of the laws, well alright but still if you read the laws I dont think its anything to be worked up about.

Because i do hate the lubavitch i will say they are a worrying form of radical jewdiasm which is attempting to take over main stream jewdiasm.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

7 rather offensive laws to our more modern pallet, banning sex outside marage and homosexuality is bad enough but demanding that i don't say negative things about their god or worship any other god -hardly a human rights triumph are they?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BetweenMyths

Yes, the Noahide laws are only for non-Jews, or goyim. The 10 commandments, according to what I have read about the Noahide laws, are considered to be only for Jews, because the Torah was given to Moses. Supposedly the Noahide laws were given to Noah, although I don't think they are spelled out in the Bible. If they are, I never paid any attention to it.

Supposedly, the punishment for not keeping the Noahide laws is death by decapitation.

Did you know the state of Georgia, and also the state of Florida tried to get laws passed in their state legislatures, allowing for DECAPITATION to be allowed as one of the methods of executition?

Supposedly that was because other methods ruined organs if the convict wanted to be an organ donor. They wanted the convict to have the choice of method.

Around the same time these laws were proposed, there was a botched execution in Georgia, and maybe Florida also, where an inmate caught on fire during an electrocution, and several editorials were written about it. Ahhhhh, brainwashing!!!

Anyway, I don't know if these laws were ever passed, or if they are just waiting on the books to be passed when the time is right.......

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well to be honest with you whilst certain things are accepted in our society, they probably at the core aren't the right way to go about things. The Lubavith are trying to fufill a perceived holy mission, they are trying to bring about an understanding of one universal creator outside of the context of any religion to the non-jewish masses, however you gotta understand these people are trained from a very early age in very complex spiritual concepts that totally alter their perception of the world, its not just that you shouldnt say negative words about THEIR god, its not THEIR god its about GOD full stop, the ultimate being the source, to lubavitch the concept of God and what the Torah actually is, is so much more than you would expect unless youve studied that form of religion, if you follow their practices you should not be speaking negative words full stop for various reasons I wont bother going into.

I'm not going to try and justify the lubavitch point of view, or their interpretation of seven relatively simple laws. Ive spoken with many chabad followers and really their supremacist point of view does make me want to weep, as does their ultra strict practicing of ritualized religion. It is to be honest a complete anti-thesis to my own beliefs.

The Lubavitch are an extreme example of what religion will do to its congregation, it is control to the ultimate degree, they are dangerous, the reason I posted in the first place is because it really really is important to separate Lubavitch / Chabad from Jew.

In these times we are seeing radicalized forms of all the religions becoming more popular, if modern Jewery isnt careful the Chabad will become the face of Jewdiasm and that must not happen, I cannot stress how much I dislike the activities of the movement. I know there are a lot of low level honest Chassidim out there who are just desperate to connect to God, and they are being manipulated by the Chabad leaders and have been for generations now.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It'll be implemented one day... No, lol I was just kidding, that's utterly impossible.

These people seem to have some pretty serious delusions of grandeur and probably need to undergo some heavy mental debugging and deprogramming to remove these indoctrinated beliefs that are about as bogus as an 17 dollar US bill.

Oh well they have the wildest imagination of any of these more racist groups out there, I've got to give this post a star and flag for the sheer chutzpah of it.

Enjoy the ride!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

This extreme branch of Judaism is really growing.

Did you know that a lot of our government officials that are dual citizens of the USA and Israel are out of that branch? One in particular I can think of is Michael Chertoff, and his father was an Orthodox Rabbi, who was a Talmudic scholar. Michael Chertoff went to a Yeshiva School and also was a Talmudic scholar.

He is only one of about 44 different people, all dual citizens, which includes people in very sensitive positions, ambassadors, department of defense, judges ruling on cases to do with 9/11, and Henry Kissinger, as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yes I am aware of it, they are incredibly influential, and growing more so within jewish circles, it is a very dangerous path to follow.

They extend their influence in many ways even outside of jewish societies and as I said previously their form of religion leads to a very different perspective on the world as it exists today.

Still they arent all totally insane they have knowledge that is worth having, and they have a lot of influence. Strange how they wait for their Reb to come back from the dead to be the Messiah, when as was stated in the first post their are totally a neo-pharisee movement.

If you are looking for a one world government conspiracy theory with the jews at the top then yes that is what the lubavitch want in a nutshell, I wouldnt call it a conspiracy though there quite honest about it at least amongst themselves and other jews.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The Talmud lists the 7 laws,

1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
4. Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, bestiality and male homosexual intercourse.
5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
6. Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4)
7. Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly.

1,4,5, 7 are devoted to enforcing a belief system upon people and controlling their mind & body - how could anyone say one group has the right to enforce these on another?

2,3 and 6 are mostly sensible, although exactly what is 'murder' and 'theft' have changed quite a bit in modern times, they're hardly conclusive - we can deduce that from the fact the penalty is death, murder apparently isn't murder if you kill a gay person, or the person said something against god (like presumably i am doing now -does this post mean I deserve death?)!

I don't think you can claim only a small portion of Judaism follows these rules, they are built into the very core of judo-christian-islamic tradition, the morals of them are repeated time and time again - the ten commandments are basically the same but with a few more added (now even someone who wants next doors ass deserves death)

For the old world jew the rule was anyone that obeyed the laws was ok but if they weren't jewish then you could and should treat them like a second class citizen - they weren't part of gods chosen so didn't really matter, they however had to treat each other much better, over 600 rules dictate how they should act, these then got 'edited' by 'wise' men but the world of god remained the most powerful word, these rules given to noah, rewritten for (by) moses were still very clear.

Then came jesus, for the christians he muddied the water no end, fulfilling the law and dieing for our sins however clearly stating he wasn't here to change the law, in fact he made it even tighter AGAIN -now simply THINKING about sex was adultery, the message remained clear we should stick to gods original laws (v4 (don't forget adams 6) so again i deserve to die for my actions while writing this post

The muslims were soon to get an even more confused dogma, even tighter version of the laws -however again the prophet seemed to relax much of the lords teaching for example compared to the talmud or the new testiment the koran is practically a feminist manifesto however once again those core rules remain. -although islam teaches that christianity is wrong about much of jesus, even down to the fact they say he could talk when still newborn and was born under a tree not in a manger the noahide principles are intact.

So to sum up; Adam given 6 laws, noad gets 7, moses, 10, Jewish lawyers get over 600, jesus enhances, mohamad peach be upon him enchances them again - then it get REALLY crazy...

The roman empire uses christianity to hold together it's falling empire, the once mighty senate is replaced by the papalcy and iconography, jesus and mary idols, etc become common -then later people like john calvin have a reformation, The Interpritation of the laws, certainly the minor laws is radically changed again (nothing like the original's) but it doesn't end then - each system fragments again and again, southern baptists and the armish spring up each with a new and unique version of the laws. The same happens in islam, sunny and sh'ite but allso waharbi and a million other factions. The same in judaism, each groups practice differing wildly - however one thing remains the same...

in ALL these groups, the same central pillar remains, those rules given first to adam then noah then moses make up the very core of all moral and practical life choices, every step of the way they have been the main foundation of all holy law.

I would argue that they are the basis for a mechanism for control which has been used by elite clergy everywhere though out all judao-christian nations and beyond. Maybe we wouldn't be where we are today without them, however now we are all wise men we should realize that no one has the right to control other people. Sure some of the sentiments are good but 'do not murder' is only a fair law if it means don't kill anyone-for if the killer is to chose whats 'murder' and whats 'justice' then how could it ever be fair? it's time to faze out our religious past, our mixed up dogma and confused morals -we need to start again.

So really i don't think it matters if the face of this or that religion gets distorted again, none of them will last much longer and it's not like anyone of them have clean hands, all the worlds water wouldn't wash the blood from religions hands. The crazy people seem to be taking over the religions because all the sensible people realize it's not worth fighting about anymore, it's time to move on.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The thing is people need a belief system.

We are a form of intelligent consciousness unlike any other on our planet, we don't really know what that means, but leaving the "herd" to run around causing chaos is not a productive means of doing things.

You have had beliefs enforced upon you since the moment you where born, and maybe youve struggled against them, maybe youve formed your own beliefs, maybe for the better, maybe for the worse, but you have a belief system.

Its very noble to think that the masses should be allowed to do what they like and be trust to live their lives in a good way but that does not happen.

Religion is a mind control device plain and simple, even at its purest best intention form it will shackle devotees to some form of belief system that will essentially tell them how to live their lives, this does not have to be a bad thing, and it functions on many different levels.

In this case as you say 2,3 and 6 no one will argue with, well the "norm" would not argue with those rules,

4 well people will debate it, despite my own desensitized nature to sexual perversions of varying sorts , but whilst you may not like it, 4 probably makes good sense as a foundation for a civilized society, by the way the reason it states male homosexual intercourse is because under jewish definition it isnt possible for women to have intercourse with each other.

1,5 and 7 well I agree with them I can see why you feel its an imposition on you, notice you dont have to worship god, you just shouldnt worship statues or use the name of god in an offensive manner, I dont think not doing those things is going to end your world.

They see themselves as a priesthood trying to repair spiritual damage done to the collective soul of humanity, and well you can see their point even if you dont agree with their methods.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

indeed, however i would say they #did# make sense once, we were an agrarian society shortly out of the stone age and struggling with the new philosophical and scientific discoveries of the age, 'rule of law' was pretty cutting edge back then.

We now have dozerns of moral thories, complex argumentation and effective reasoning techniques and knowledge of millions upon millions of logic traps, fallacys and moral issues - plus evolution, computers, psychology, endocronology, genetics, etc have wildly changed out world view since then - put simply we are much, much smarter than the people who wrote the bible.

We know the world isn't so simple we can find an easy solution, we know sometimes what seems right isn't and what seems wrong is - technology isn't bad it helps solve many problems but it causes a whole new set too. We should thank the old wise men for getting us this far, creating a world in which we could learn these things but now we must shake off the shackles and face the new world unchained by dogma.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
WDC MEDIA NEWS
Christian News and Media Agency

UN NGO Reps Pledge to Follow Noahide Laws

By David Yisraeli

2011-01-04 -- WDC Media News --
(Religion)

24 Tevet 5771 (31.12.2010) --A conference advocating for the acceptance and adherence to the Noahide Laws was held on December 22, 2010.

The event's title was “Unity, Youth and World Peace”. Presenters included Mr. Joop Theunissen from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), and Rabbi Yakov D. Cohen of the Institute of Noahide Code, who opened and moderated the conference.

More than 90 people attended this important event, many of whom expressed an interest in continuing this work.

Mr Joop Theunissen Deputy Chief of the NGO branch of ECOSOC signed a proclamation pledging to keep the Laws of Noah.

"Their observance is required, so that the vision of the United Nations – to have a settled and civilized world, in which economic justice and righteousness will prevail - can be fulfilled, with all of us working together in unison."

Full Story - UN NGO Reps Pledge to Follow Noahide Laws
edit on 16-3-2011 by ArmorOfGod because: red text didnt work?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Been working on the noahide laws.

Heres a little presentation I've been putting together:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Every major religion on the planet already follows most if not all the Noachide Laws in some form.

I'm trying to figure out why this is a bad thing.

How does idolatry benefit us as a species?
How does murder benefit us as a species?
How does theft benefit us as a species?
How does immorality benefit us as a species?
How does blasphemy benefit us as a species?
How does eating the flesh of a living creature benefit us a species?
How does not establishing courts benefit us as a species?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow. You launched quite an attack here.

Firstly, MOST Jews acknowledge the concept of the Bnei Noach, or as its called the "noahide" laws. I for instance am a "noahide" - a Bnei Noach who acknowledges the centrality of Judaism and Torah. Not just that, but the idea of "dismantling christianity, and denying christ" is complete hogwash. Unless people here want a holy war, ie; a massive world war of Christianit vs. Islam, we have to come to a more peaceful and politically realistic solution. The Noahide covenent is based on this concept. It is literally the law as it came down through the ages. Christianity has served to dispell the lies of Paganism/polytheism, therefore Christianity very much merits remaining Christianity, and Islam, Islam. Judaism expects no converts, and expects nothing more than adherance to the 7 laws of Noach, which are in essence:

Do not murder - respect for human life
Do not steal - respect for possession
Do not be sexually immoral - respect for the divine purpose in sexuality
Do not be an idolator - Respect G-ds sovereignty in human reality. This precludes submission to any foregin philosophies that contradict the above laws: nihilism, satanism, moral relativism. These are all "idols" gods which those who lack awe for the creator submit to. They replace his dominion, for their own. Hence they fashion their own "gods"
Do not blasphemy the creator - respect for human speech. Respect for all men who are made in G-ds image.
Do not Harm animals - respect for nature and the whole creation.

And a legal system that at the bear minimum upholds the above laws.

This is evil to you?

To anyone here with a brain, this character who started this thread is an example of an evil hate mongerer. He has simply defamed what the noahide covenenant is, and has misrepresented it while including his obnoxious prejudice of Jews - particularly observant orthodox Jews, whom he calls 'pharisees" - "the synagogue of satan". These are simply lies. You can either look this information up yourself, and thus vidnicate my claims, or ignorantly believe the calumnies of this completely ignobile character. This gnostic who denies universal moral laws.

If anyone here would like to understand the truth and put to rest this repulsive libel of this unscrupulous gnostic poster here, please read any of the above books. They will more than clarify the subject for you. Also, there is no capital punishment. Capital punishment only applies in cases of murder; and even than only after the person has been found guilty of murder after a fair trial.

The legal system is not much different than what we have today, although the concept of "tooth for a tooth" which specifically means proportional justice, and not an actual tooth for a tooth, but a penalty that meets the nature of the crime done, seeks greater justice than what we have in todays judicial system.

Please. I BEG you to read this book to put to rest the sickening lies of this gnostic. What he has accussed the lubavitchers here, and Judaism at large (since most Jews acknowledge the Noahide laws. It was simply the Rebbe, MHNBB, who made it his mission to spread this message to the nations) is completely and utterly untrue.

Read this book and i guarantee 95% of you will agree with its basic idea. If you are religiously inclined, and respect the ethics the Torah propounds, you should agree with its basic message.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

It ISNT a bad thing. This psycho poster is trying to spread fear/paranoia to incite antisemitism.

Thankyou for this basic common sense.

Some however genuinely believe this is a ploy of the Jews to inflict capital punishment on the gentiles. As if that were to be acceptable by 99% of mankind, which isnt Jewish. Capital punishment applies only with murder. All other infractions have corporal punishments.

Ive read up on this subject thoroughly. The laws are basic. And the gentile governments are in complete power to administer them in any way they like. There is NO coercian by Jews or Judaism to influence gentile law, other than insuring all mankind honor these 7 universal principles of Morality.

Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, none of the worlds great religions are at stake here. ALL can coexist with the proper observance of these laws.

This is what is meant by Isaiahs prophecy of

"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them."

This speaks of the time when the worlds religions abandon their parochial dogmas in appreciation of a larger context that harmonizes differences in culture, language and belief. EVERY path to G-d is a genuine path, as long as it doesnt impair the spiritual spheres which the above 7 laws seek to keep intact

This was the core teaching of Rabbi Abraham Isaac Ha-Cohen Kook, the father of religious zionism. As well as the Rebbe. These men were HOLY loving men who loved gentiles. True, they loved jews more than non Jews. Just as one loves his brother more than his cousin, or a friend. Closeness, and similarity elicits a greater love. But nonetheless, the love these Jews have for non Jews is the love that should characterize ALL human beings in their love for one another. A chinese will always feel closer to another chinese. But that love is simply a deeper love. Love is love. Its just in different degrees.

This is just sad that this pathetic poster decided to attack the Noahide laws in order to spread his paranoia/fear about Jews and Judaism.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I do not know what anyone else will submit to, but as for me, I submit to no man or body of men. There is only ONE divine law, and it is written on the heart at birth, thus proving it's divine origin. That is to Love one another.

Let those who wish to be judged by Moses, be judged by Moses, and Noah-Noah. They are men who spoke of God only as they understood him. I will speak for God as I understand him.

If you love one another as you love yourself, you have no thieves for you give to each other all that you need.

If you love one another as you love yourself, you do not commit idolatry because you see the divine in each other.

If you love one another as you love yourself, you do not cast judgement at who another has sexual relations with.

If you love one another as you love yourself, you will not murder them, and if they do murder, you do not judge but find out why and heal them.

If you love one another as you love yourself, you do not need a justice system for you seek to resolve all difference together with a heart of love.

If you love one another, you are not cruel to animals or any other living thing. You respect them and manage them lovingly that they will always be there for future generations.

Only one law is needed, only one law is divine, only one law will I submit to.

Love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 6-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

umm.

In the real world, there needs to be laws to maintain order.

I do agree that somewhere down the line, when all of us are habituated to proper thought, speech and action, and man has no desire to break the divine law, there will be no need for a noahide laws. Till then, we need to institutionalize these laws in order to make men think and do as they should.

Otherwise, as you say, men will do what they want. Everyone will have their own "laws", which means there will be people doing what they believe and since not all men believe the same, some will just as they please...to others.... and justice will become moot.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
umm.

In the real world, there needs to be laws to maintain order.

I do agree that somewhere down the line, when all of us are habituated to proper thought, speech and action, and man has no desire to break the divine law, there will be no need for a noahide laws. Till then, we need to institutionalize these laws in order to make men think and do as they should.

Otherwise, as you say, men will do what they want. Everyone will have their own "laws", which means there will be people doing what they believe and since not all men believe the same, some will just as they please...to others.... and justice will become moot.

That is your opinion and you are certainly welcome to it. In my world there is one Law, Love one another.

What Man has a right to tell another what is right? No Man. The only authority I bow to is the creator. If you wish to be subject to another, by all means continue to do so.

I do trust that the creator is capable of enforcing his own law.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join