It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here it comes...British PM to Propose 'Global New Deal' to Rescue World's Economy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

British PM to Propose 'Global New Deal' to Rescue World's Economy
Sunday, March 01, 2009
www.foxnews.com...

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown hopes to forge a "global new deal" with President Obama to rescue the world's economy when he makes his first visit to the White House since Obama's inauguration.

The Times of London reports Brown, who arrives Tuesday, will reportedly introduce a plan requiring massive spending on a worldwide scale.

The prime minister is expected to invoke the words of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who proposed the government-financed New Deal to confront the Great Depression in the 1930s, the paper reports.

"There is no international partnership in recent history that has served the world better than the special relationship between Britain and the United States," Brown writes in an opinion piece published Sunday in the Times of London.

Brown's 21st century deal calls for "universal action to prevent the crisis spreading" and "action to kick-start lending so that families and businesses can borrow again." It also requires "reform of international regulation to close regulatory gaps" and "the creation of an international early warning system."

Brown, who has hinted at increasing Britain's tax cuts to boost that nation's economy, is expected to present his proposal during a joint session of Congress on Wednesday.
-------------------------------------------------
The special relationship is going global
Gordon Brown
Sunday, March 01, 2009
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Historians will look back and say this was no ordinary time but a defining moment: an unprecedented period of global change, and a time when one chapter ended and another began.

The scale and the speed of the global banking crisis has at times been almost overwhelming, and I know that in countries everywhere people who rely on their banks for savings have been feeling powerless and afraid. But it is when times become harder and challenges greater that across the world countries must show vision, leadership and courage – and, while we can do a great deal nationally, we can do even more working together internationally.

So now is the time for leaders of every country in the world to work together to agree the action that will see us through the current crisis and ensure we come out stronger. And there is no international partnership in recent history that has served the world better than the special relationship between Britain and the United States.
--------------------------------------------
Brown: EU is united over economy
Page last updated at 17:10 GMT, Sunday, 1 March 2009
news.bbc.co.uk...

Gordon Brown has said the EU is united on the measures needed to tackle the global recession as he prepares for his first meeting with the US President.

Speaking after an emergency summit of EU leaders in Brussels, the PM said better financial regulation and action to keep interest rates low was needed.

"Bold global action, a global grand bargain, is not now just necessary but it is vitally urgent," he said.

Mr Brown will discuss the crisis with Barack Obama in the US next week.

Looks like this going to be on the fast track...got a G-20 meeting coming up soon...

G20 Economic Summit:
Plans for the Second Meeting in April 2009
www.g8.utoronto.ca...

What is the G-20
www.g20.org...

[edit on 3/1/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks for that post Hx3. I also think that one chapter is ending and another beginning. I have also noticed that PM Brown is smugly smiling a lot recently, almost like he is privy to something that the rest of us don't know.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yep there we go.

Just as many of us had expected.

Problem-reaction-solution.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Global new deal ????

Why can not they just say "Global New Order". It would really sound more important and certainly give us more to talk about such discussions.

Good thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Why not just get it out of the way and say it...

New World Order

MAYBE...if they were all truthful, laid it all out and asked for input from the worlds citizens, it might go over better...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Like we can afford to bail out the globe. The article calls for 'massive global spending'. This will be put on the shoulders of our children and their children also. I love the way the global elitists feel they have the right to do anything they want and shove it down the throats of the citizens. Just one more straw IMHO.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Most people will not take on loans when they DO NOT HAVE A JOB.. Its that simple. Every one wants to know what caused this mess...it started in the 1990s nafta was put in place and woulnt you know right about then the easy credit came to all of us

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Brown's 21st century deal calls for "universal action to prevent the crisis spreading" and "action to kick-start lending so that families and businesses can borrow again."
This is what it's all about...borrow...more debt...more credit...

Nothing new here, just a way to consolidate all debt markets into one big one...once again we gain nothing...no real personal ownership, just a agreement to exist, to fullfill a place in the chain...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well ladies and gents, all signs point to yes. If it looks like the NWO and smells like the NWO it must be the NWO.

The reson they are not calling it that is because it would cause to many alarms. The New World Order has become a household name and it invokes a degree of fear of the unknown. Calling it a Global New Deal is a little more under the radar and won't cause as much of a fuss.

We've known this was going to happen, I just don't thing any one was expecting it to happen this fast. Get read guys, becasue over the next few years of our lives we're all in for some major change... America will never be the same.

You quote me on this 'prediction' if you want. Over the span of the next 4 years we will see another atack on american soil, we will see martial law installed permanantly in the USA, we will see the nationalization of banks, and we will see a One World Government. The fate of the masses will be decided by a few. There will be battles waged by Americans that see their freedoms being stripped away, and all those FEMA prisons that none of you believe exist will be fully operational and they will no longer be vacant.

The sheeple don't even realize whats going on. The people that do know whats happening to our country still havn't organized. If we're going to confront this issue and try to stop the NWO from creating a world governemnt we need to organize. Until that happens we will be scattered and fighting alone. ITS TIME TO WAKE UP!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, where are they going to get all this money?

I have very bad feeling where it is going to come from. But our current president though say anything about spending money and he will be all over it like white on rice.

Why did people have to go and elect Obama president. The international community is going to play him like a puppet on strings.

I have a feeling that confiscation of IRA's and 401k's and 403B's and the abolition of Social Security is coming our way fast over here on the American side of things.

You know, because "we have to do something".

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I'm fairly sure social security has already been looted, and if not, this cobra healthcare stuff, hud and usda/foodstamp programs will take it's place, so what's left can be pilfered...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure SS has been looted too, but as it stands they have to pay it back, I'm thinking language will be coming where they don't have to pay it back, but we still have to keep paying into it.

I remember they were talking about that earlier this year, but it was just talking though, obviously it didn't go over to well.

I don't think China or the Arabs are going to fund, what I might guess, a 10+ trillion dollar "stimulus" package. I'm sure there will be language that says they can "appoint" a council of people to regulate the world markets and "oversee" the spending of this money, and like everything else government, it won't ever go away.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Empty talk. They don't have it.

Nobody will work together with them. They're the culprits in this crisis.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well someone better get their act together...if not, the pacific/asian/russian consortium will go it alone and create their own system...
I just wonder where africa/latin-south america fit in all this...they're so fragmented/poor...but have mega-resources to be taken advantage of...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As I said elsewhere on this ---

WHAT THE HELL????!!!!!!!!!

It's bad enough that Obama went right into a 'spend us to death' policy. But now Obama and that idiot Brown may want us to spend the whole world into bliss and happiness all on the backs of US and British Taxpayers?

IT CAN'T BE DONE!!
The American taxpayer can NOT support the entire planet.

God .. I freak'n hate these idiots.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Enough with this Global this and Global that; the word is being played...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Enough with this Global this and Global that; the word is being played...

It's being played by them. TPTB. They're saying global to try and bring a positive light to the dark situation. Global New Deal translates to : One World Government some sort of world centralized banking system.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Like we can afford to bail out the globe.

Maybe I am missing something here but where did it say anywhere that the US has to bail out the globe? Everyone will be giving their unfair share if this goes through.

While most of the rest of the world would like to force the US to give more than its fair share in order to punish the greed of the financial institutions and investors who were pushing the sub Primes and caused this whole thing in the first place. The only thing is that its not the institutions and investors that will suffer most.

If it went by GDP, the EU would have to pay a third more than the US.. that would be pretty hard on us also.

The American taxpayer can NOT support the entire planet.

Did you even read the article?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no. NOOOOOOOO

When will they listen to the people and realize we dont want this massive spending.

I SAID NO!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join