It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Against ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
I'm not unreasonable nor rude, not more rude than I'm being treated anyway.

Stop arguing, as in shut up?

Let them admit that they use censorship and my point is proven.

No not as in shut up....as in stop arguing.

This is an exercise in futility.

We proved on the main thread about the drugs issue that the ban is absolutely ridiculous and goes against everything ATS purports to stand for....they are working on a happy medium at the moment.

Of course ATS censors people and subjects... they have every right to.

I don't like it or agree with it... i don't have to, but i MUST abide by it.
Their site, Their rules..... simple.

I'm not trying to argue with you and I'm certainly not against you..... just saying chill out and don't get worked up about it mate

Not worth it..

[edit on 28/2/09 by blupblup]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So your point is more important than the flow of this topic then? Kinda selfish don't you think?

My point is directly related to this topic, you just don't recognize it.

Kinda ignorant don't you think?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by neformore

I hope I'm not going OT from the actual topic but I have been feeling an increasing marginalization from the media just this past few months. I suddenly remembered it when I read the topic.

An example of this would be the newer Mythbusters episodes. They have been using the word "Conspiracy Theorist" lately as a mocking word. My memory isn't what it used to be but I don't recall hearing this word on that show.

Hopefully I'm not derailing here but mythbuster topics are viewer generated typically so if they are bringing up conspiracies such as the moon landing, it's due to requests from viewers. Hopefully this helps.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I'm not trying to argue with you and I'm certainly not against you..... just saying chill out and don't get worked up about it mate

Thnx, but backing down now would reinforce the idea that censorship is nessescary for the greater good, wich is BS.

It's just easier, and probably more profitable.

[edit on 28/2/09 by enigmania]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

If you could get this thread back on topic, that would be pretty awesome in my opinion.

Because it's a serious topic, and an interesting one, and an important one. And we could use as many of those around here as possible.

From what I remember reading when it happened, the RNC thing was pretty much a no-brainer. The dates fit exactly with the surge in hits from the RNC service provider, etcetera.

We know that outside groups have tried to shape discussion here.

If you do a little research in the drug ban thread, looking at people's profiles, you will see some really interesting patterns.

That is real conspiracy material

link   

You guys are really thick with your rules and all.

Such hypocrytes.

You don't seem to get that this goes totally against the spirit of ATS, whatever that means.

The only reason ATS is afraid of these topics because it may harm there revenue.

Forget it then, this censorship dog must be barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry but pretty much anywhere you go in the civilized world, you have rules and regulations.
I really don't understand what your grievence is??
If you don't like ATS, show them by not using their site. If a lot of people feel the way you do, then they'll go out of business. If you want to post here, follow the rules you agreed to. It couldn't get much simpler then that, could it???? If you believed ATS' rules were wrong, why agree to them in the first place?

link   
To the mods, and the owners of ATS.

I am not often inclined to post on topics such at this one but I must agree with the OP on page one of this thread.

This stuff in my mind is ominous of more than is often wont to be said about this board.

For a number of years I have enjoyed coming onto the board of this site to read the views/opinions of members. Oftentimes I don't agree with the views and opinions and am wont to speak out on certain of them. Always we want to keep in mind what the moderators are wont to speak concerning the quality of the forums. I am in agreement with them on this.
While certain posts tend to become impassioned ...and I have no problem with this ..we do want to also keep in mind the quality of the forum such that it does not degenerate into the level of a free for all or what I tend to call " Wildlife." I believe this is one reason for the T&C.

This is also one of the reasons I came here to ATS and left Yahoo Chat. To much Wildlife/emotions run amuck on Yahoo Chat. Not enough thinking going on. To much Wildlife.

However...all that said..I am also given to thinking that in these times and with the nature of politics and what it is becoming ....morphing into....if the goal in the end is not censorship of sites like ATS. I mean censorship even if it means causing chaos on the site and shutting it down. Censorship of various types is not free speech..it is controlled speech ...even if it means getting rid of the competition or dissenting speech. I do not like this type of thinking yet I also recognize that in the historical nature of politics..this is the best that some can do..to subvert/hijack for political reasons.

Drugs is to me just another facet of political whoredom...causing chaos to achieve a politically desired position or end by appealing to a certain mindset..for votes. If it means you have to cause chaos..or destroy a site to achieve this..so be it in the minds of the body politic. I call this type of thing....Whoredom. The selling, bartering, trading of the souls of others to achieve a goal or end. In my mind ..if it means the destruction of ATS to do so ..to stifle dissent or differing viewpoints..it will be done for the reasons of the body politic and political gain.
This would be very disturbing to me but I am also aware that in these times of political censorship..it is the best that some peoples can do.

I have not followed any of the boards on this drug topic nor am I interested in doing so. I just don't care for the idea of the presence of wildlife on that topic or any other.

Also..I am not particularly enamoured of the political process by either of the two dominant political parties..I was surprised by Nevermore's revelation that the two parties found it necessry to monitor this site as a cross section of public opinion and ideas.
I thank Nevermore for this bit of informations and also want to add that I too look for snippets of informations to add in order to paint a larger picture of things ...a pattern, a mosaic if you like. I found Nevermore's information to be very interesting in this regard.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Let them admit that they use censorship and my point is proven.

and you just proved my point....always needing the last word to be right regardless of the damage or adherence to the rules.

The only point proven, is that you don't have very good reading comprehension skills, again.

You are not going to change anything or prove anything.

My line was a reply to that one.

Not breaking any rules here.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The only conspiracy I see is against ufologists and anyone who takes alternative science and/or alternative religion seriously. Many pseudo-skeptic debunkers and many disinformation artists ganging up against people who want to learn the truth. I personally started a few topics and got visciously attacked....

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I'm amazed by the black/white views.

I love ATS, I just hate this one aspect.

I hate it, because I love ATS.

I don't expect you to understand.

Whatever people.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

well, you're definitely proving what this thread is all about. Interesting. LOL... you can't let just it go... you must slam members and must get in the last word.

yes, we get your opinion. ok. You don't like the T&C. hmmmm..

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

I think a neutral description of "the money bomb" would be more useful. Criticizing non-participation looks like incitement

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Don't back down, sir. Find a medium.Choose to follow the rules here, don't be made to break the T&C just because you'r hard-headed. There is no compromise in your technique. Your absolutes are not going to change the T&C and I find your argument feeble and circular. No privledge has been taken from you because you are still here posting.

But if you feel so passionately on the forbidded subjects, why not just post them anyway? Be the rebel. Be the bad boy and just do it. You have no interest in rules anyway, right?

Go be bold!
Cuhail

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

You guys are really thick with your rules and all.

Such hypocrytes.

You don't seem to get that this goes totally against the spirit of ATS, whatever that means.

The only reason ATS is afraid of these topics because it may harm there revenue.

Forget it then, this censorship dog must be barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry but pretty much anywhere you go in the civilized world, you have rules and regulations.
I really don't understand what your grievance is??
If you don't like ATS, show them by not using their site. If a lot of people feel the way you do, then they'll go out of business. If you want to post here, follow the rules you agreed to. It couldn't get much simpler then that, could it???? If you believed ATS' rules were wrong, why agree to them in the first place?

Agreed~! Thus, proving the motive of some members and the point of this thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Don't back down, sir. Find a medium.Choose to follow the rules here, don't be made to break the T&C just because you'r hard-headed. There is no compromise in your technique. Your absolutes are not going to change the T&C and I find your argument feeble and circular. No privledge has been taken from you because you are still here posting.

But if you feel so passionately on the forbidded subjects, why not just post them anyway? Be the rebel. Be the bad boy and just do it. You have no interest in rules anyway, right?

Go be bold!
Cuhail

You just don't get it do you?

Clean up your own act before talking about ATS being attacked.

Man up, and admit that the site censors some subjects.

I can live with that.

Just don't act as if it is not censorship, because it makes you lose your credibility.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think the OP is reading way too much into people getting mad at ATS for enforcing the T&C.

I don't think it is a "conspiracy against ATS." Rather it's just people being jackasses because they can in this anonymous world called the internet.

As far as the drug threads I don't know why they aren't allowed. There is an obvious conspiracy around illegal drugs, especially in the United States. Things like alcohol, tobacco, and prescription drugs are legal while being many times more dangerous and harmful than the majority of illegal drugs.

Education instead of propaganda would go a long way into helping with the abuse of drugs, both legal and illegal.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
I notice trends too, mods get a ridiculous amount of stars and flags, that really pisses me off, seriously, I've only had one good thread, just one, I've had subjects that were good and got into some rather deep stuff, but for some reason, mods can violate T&C and post frivolous stuff that belongs in BTS, yet they get tons of stars & flags.

I'm really pissed about this, I'm tired of all the what's it suckers that star and flag stuff just cause some mod posted it.

Simply put, it seems many mods on here and hypocrites and post things in the wrong forum, I'm not saying you are wrong in particular, but the majority are.

-Lahara

I think you're being a bit unfair. Look nobody is perfect and I have had a few run in's with a mod or 2 myself due to difference of opinion but, at least in this particular instance, I believe this thread should be starred and flagged and believe me I'm not a big fan of starring or flagging much of anything.
I don't want to come off like I'm kissing mod butt either, I just think in this case the mod is correct and ATS is handling these certain problematic threads in a responsible manor.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Thnx, but backing down now would reinforce the idea that censorship is nessescary for the greater good, wich is BS.

It's just easier, and probably more profitable.

OK, let's strike a compromise. Why don't you and I take this to the Debate Forum and let this topic continue?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The only conspiracy I see is against ufologists and anyone who takes alternative science and/or alternative religion seriously. Many pseudo-skeptic debunkers and many disinformation artists ganging up against people who want to learn the truth. I personally started a few topics and got visciously attacked....

I am a skeptic and have run into the exact same problem as you.
People here become very passionate and emotional about their opinions and it gets out of control on both sides. Let's not demonize or victimize only one side here ok?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by neformore

It's not that hard off a concept. For instance I feel that my experiences with certain substances have been beneficial to my spiritual growth, yet I'm not allowed to speak about it.

I don't care if certain people break the rules. It's still censorship, whatever the reason is.

Want me to enlighten you with the dictionairy definition of censorship?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this forum is not for discussing drug use

Without censorship on websites, people have overstepped boundaries and committed abuse. Just because you wish to become well-behaved, don't assume that everyone else is already well-behaved.

Censorship is not striking out someone else's words, but preventing people from speaking in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join