It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Against ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Why shouldn't they be allowed to point out that you signed an agreement? Are you advocating censoring replies here?

It seems to me that you are being allowed to state your opinion. I don't notice any "warn" signs on your avatar, and your posts seem to be staying in view.

And others are allowed to dispute the rationality of your opinion. In this case, by pointing out that complaining about not being allowed to post about breaking laws, or in an abusive manner, is kind of silly once you've already agreed in joining that you can't post about breaking laws or in an offensive or abusive manner

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

If you had a right to talk about such things in the first place, and it was removed, that would be censorship.

How is this not twisted?

That line is a paradox in itself.

If the concepts and the information provided to you aren't enough, then I really have nothing more to discuss with you on the subject. You obviously do not care about the forum, or its continued existence, or the fact that the membership is apparently being manipulated by external forces, and wish to serve your own needs.

That's total BS and again the demonisation of my character.

I'm just disagreeing with the way you guys handle these things.

I'm truly disgusted with the way you guys are handling yourself right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Sigh, it's the fact that they feel the need to shut me up in my criticism by saying, "if you don't like it, be gone", wich I find sad.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

this is clearly delineated in the Terms and Conditions that you, me and every other member agreed upon.

I'm on your side of this argument, but I have a problem with what you just said.
When we signed up, we were also allowed to talk about drug related topics, we just couldn't talk about personal use etc etc.
Now, I know theres probably another clause in there stating that these T&C are subject to change upon the site owners whim, but that does seem unfair...
and I know that something is trying to be resolved with this issue, I just thought I would bring that up.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by FredT

Sigh, the spin is they call it the rules, and following the rules, while it is censorship by definition.

Seems really hard to grasp for some.

so Enigmania

Your saying, ATS shouldn't have ANY rules and thus members should CRUSH their opponents regardless of the damage they create or the hurt they cause?

This is what I'm getting from your posts since you're not listening to what the mods are saying an as I said in the post above....

Regardless of what the rules are, you WANT to have the last word. You MUST be heard !

or am I really barking up the wrong tree here? Because, this is exactly what i'm interpreting from your posts.

Sorry FredT, I mis-posted the post. Ment it to enigmania.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Komodo]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

At least you think I'm cute. I think I've been pretty argumentative(spelling?).

I didn't have to resort to random YouTube movies to get my point across.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Oh let the Kernel assure you that it wasn't random. I specifically looked for "whining child". Hmm, maybe I'll go look for "obtuse" now.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

so Enigmania Your saying, ATS shouldn't have ANY rules and thus members should CRUSH their opponents regardless of the damage they create or the hurt they cause?

Sigh, again. Did I say that?

Wow people are really going out of their way to make me look a certain way.

I implied no such thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by roadgravel

This post gives you the basic gist of it.

Hope it helps.

Well that does then to point to the RNC or company whose client is the RNC. There is the possibly this company was hired to post or was just trying to help the success of their client for future income. Hard to tell if another organization uses those addresses via Smartech.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

ATS and friends, please don't push this thread too far. The times are tough and frustrate some people. They've posted angrily on innocuous sites devoted to amateur radio, for example, or praise of large women. (I've heard them on call-in radio broadcasts, too, which some hosts managed more tactfully than others.) Rude remarks struck sparks, and others joined the fray, rage feeding on rage, and targeting people.
Conspiracy? Naw, just brawling in the alley. Any open site can become their alley. What's remarkable, especially on a controversial site like ATS, is the decency of most postings!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Oh let the Kernel assure you that it wasn't random. I specifically looked for "whining child". Hmm, maybe I'll go look for "obtuse" now.

Jeah, I always have very high regards for people that refer to themselves in the third person.

That video really broke my heart.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Sigh, it's the fact that they feel the need to shut me up in my criticism by saying, "if you don't like it, be gone", wich I find sad.

The remarkable thing about internet bulletin boards, as opposed to chat rooms, is that what you say stays visible unless the post is removed. So you can't be shut up here just by someone telling you to go elsewhere – your words remain.

What I find sad is that the members who are responding to you here (and don't be mistaken – they're here in this thread as members, not mods – I haven't seen a single "mod" post in this thread, and only the couple removed posts near the beginning as evidence of mod oversight here) hear the same complaints hundreds of times, just on the public boards. I suspect they hear them many times that often through u2u's, AnonymousATS posts, posts that end up stricken for T&C violations, and in complaints through the complaint button.

link   

Unfortunately, this is a private site.
They can ban any subject they like for any reason they like.

Being totally unreasonable and quite frankly, rude about it, won't help your cause.

Seriously, just stop arguing.
You are not going to change anything or prove anything.

take it easy

link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Why shouldn't they be allowed to point out that you signed an agreement? Are you advocating censoring replies here?

I have a problem with this.
I think you guys are going about this the wrong way.
I agree that we are being censored to a degree (even though this has nothing to do with the topic at hand).

For example, when you go to college, you sign almost all of your rights away, just like when you agree to the T&C of this site. Its totally your choice to go to college, just like its totally your choice to be a member of this site, but when you sign that piece of paper, you agree not to protest on school grounds (a 1st amendment right), you agree not to petition (another constitutional right), etc, etc.
That is censorship, to me at least, but we voluntarily give those rights up when we sign up.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So you can't be shut up here just by someone telling you to go elsewhere – your words remain.

No, not literally, they're just urging me to shut up.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Being totally unreasonable and quite frankly, rude about it, won't help your cause. Seriously, just stop arguing. You are not going to change anything or prove anything.

I'm not unreasonable nor rude, not more rude than I'm being treated anyway.

Stop arguing, as in shut up?

Let them admit that they use censorship and my point is proven.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

So your point is more important than the flow of this topic then? Kinda selfish don't you think?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

It's not claims of censorship, it is censorship, by definition, it's funny that you guys are even denying that.

You can't incite a riot.

And that's what talking about these subjects does, inciting a riot?

I was giving an example that freedom of speech is not absolute. Nothing more, nothing less.

So why are you coming down so hard on ATS ??

Because I hate any form of suppresion, especially comming from ATS.

So you do think that freedom of speech should be absolute? That seems to be what you're saying.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I notice trends too, mods get a ridiculous amount of stars and flags, that really pisses me off, seriously, I've only had one good thread, just one, I've had subjects that were good and got into some rather deep stuff, but for some reason, mods can violate T&C and post frivolous stuff that belongs in BTS, yet they get tons of stars & flags.

I'm really pissed about this, I'm tired of all the what's it suckers that star and flag stuff just cause some mod posted it.

Simply put, it seems many mods on here and hypocrites and post things in the wrong forum, I'm not saying you are wrong in particular, but the majority are.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

and you just proved my point....always needing the last word to be right regardless of the damage or adherence to the rules.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join