It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Versus Evil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Most people will say that good versus evil are illusions and that they dont even exist. Im going to take it one step further and tell you that they do exist, but the versus is the illusion and Im going to tell you exactly what good and evil are.

I understand this may be subjective.

Good versus evil is the heart versus the mind or the right side of the brain versus the left.

Evil is separation, which is an illusion. The mind is what separates reality from self. The mind will dissociate yourself from somebody else.

Good is love and compassion. The heart is what connects you to other life and it is through the love you share with life that you will feel compassion. The heart will connect yourself to somebody else.

Sometimes the heart and the mind battle one another inside some ones conscious. The minds logic will contradict the hearts instinct or the minds analytics will question emotion.

But you see there shouldnt be a versus at all. The mind should be used to assist the heart and the heart should be used to assist the mind. Once these two aspects of yourself are harmonized, you will transcend the ideology of good versus evil and enter a higher state of well being.

Make sense?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So, when someone kills an other out of greed, you think its the separative function of the left brain hemisphere?
The analytical sword, the same that may calculate phi?

You are sure?

People have free will. That includes the freedom to be purily evil.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Of course.

You can be purely evil if you want to.

The person who kills does not see the life he kills as his own.

Evil as I explain it isnt bad. Its just something that is missing a vital piece of information on the nature of reality.

I have met no one that is purely evil. Most have a mix of both good and evil. There should be a balance of the two inside of you, but for some one portion is more dominant than the other or both sides clash.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

You make it sound so easy. I am not sure where or how you were raised, but being evil is sometimes caused by being a product of your environment.

Say you live in the middle east, where there is violence on a huge scale as a daily ocurrance. Does the value of love diminish somewhat for your neighbors and the rest of the world? Is being evil just an illusion for these people? How can evil be an illusion for people who experience it 24/7?

What about a child that is raised in an abusive household? I don't know about statisticsl, and I am going to look it up because you raised this question, but aren't they more apt to be what you describe as "evil" because that is the way they were raised? Is being abused an illusion to the people in this type of situation?

edit for to wait for answers to my questions!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

For the honor and love of a father many have killed themselves and many others. Some veiw this action as love. Although it is selective. Separative.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I didnt say evil was an illusion. I said that good and evil do exist, but the versus is the illusion.

Seperation creates coruption an evil, though it depends on the degree of seperation and isolation. Seperation may be an illusion, but it is brought into existence through our minds.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer

Seperation creates coruption an evil, though it depends on the degree of seperation and isolation. Seperation may be an illusion, but it is brought into existence through our minds.

Ok then, are what you are referring then with the heart and body meeting as love and the knowledge of what you speak, atonement?

At-one-ment?

The opposite would be sepparation.

Take me for instance, I really don't like people, and especially hate large crowds. Because I choose to sepparate myself from people in public, does that make me evil?

What sort of sepparation are you talking about exactly? Am I confusing what you are saying with religion?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Im more speaking of internal seperation. Your perceptions and conceptions of life. Your view on reality. Not really physically seperating yourself from people, but mentally seperating yourself from other people.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I say good and evil are illusions or to be more precise human constructs. There is no action that is completely negative in it's implacations and no action that is completely good.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I personaly make choices that are purely good.

What about that?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

What is good for you is not always good for someone or something else. Do you eat hamburgers? Not soo good for the cow that went into the making of that hamburger.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If you see your choice from multiple perspectives your veiw of good and evil become drasticly sharper. Even understanding one persons perspective in life makes your desision making 100% better.

If a wolf were to kill a dear and leave it to rot would you not eat it? Why add insult to injury lol.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Doesn't matter. Nothing is universally negative and nothing is universally positive. Doesn't matter how many perspectives you look at it with.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Your wrong. That which understands survives.... such a pronounced pattern in existance. To grow and to understand IS good.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So if I murder you and understand I am doing such, I am doing good? My, what a permissive thought that is.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
IF it is from the veiwpoint of ALL life how could it be wrong?

I personaly would never kill anyone, because it would be killing myself.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I never ever say this but I have to agree with Wertdagf here. People are the only animals on this planet that find it morally wrong to kill. I would never kill anyone mind you but if you look at it from the perspective of nature it's kill or be killed.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Pardon me and I realise I fed into the tangent myself but what does this have to do with the topic at hand? It doesn't refute my assertion that nothing is 100% negative *thusly evil* or 100% good *thusly good*.

Oh, and humanity has no problems torturing and/or killing other life forms if it inconviences them or sometimes just for "fun", yet will balk at the idea of torturing and/or killing another human. Rather hypocritical don't you think? Says rather poor things about man's so called morality you ask me.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Pardon me and I realise I fed into the tangent myself but what does this have to do with the topic at hand? It doesn't refute my assertion that nothing is 100% negative *thusly evil* or 100% good *thusly good*.

Oh, and humanity has no problems torturing and/or killing other life forms if it inconviences them or sometimes just for "fun", yet will balk at the idea of torturing and/or killing another human. Rather hypocritical don't you think? Says rather poor things about man's so called morality you ask me.

If i can make a purely selfless choice for the good of all life... then isnt it possible for soone else to make a choice purely wanting to use and distroy life?

Yeah it is hypocritical to preach one and not the other. ALL suffering is the result of ignorance.... all.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

*sighs and takes a deep breath*
Name for me one thing that you can do that is in your words "good for all life" please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join