It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Versus Evil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
To see through the perspective of all life.

If you can do that what evil could you do?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I asked for a specific ACTION.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Learning and seeking are both actions... To imagine yourself as all things that you effect is an action.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
I say good and evil are illusions or to be more precise human constructs.

I agree. But I won't even bother to be "more precise," because you don't need tensor calculus to prove 1 + 1 is 2.

There is no such thing as good or evil.

You may believe in them, as you "believe" in any of the various gods or Santa or the Tooth Fairy or what have you.

There is no such thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Every time you speak you are killing hundreds of thousands of microscopic organisms.

Every time you have simply walked through a field, who knows how many plants and insects you have trampled to death?

There is nothing bad about killing. You are just afraid to die.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Life does feed on life. Striving for a harmonious existance is a side effect of undersanding. One should never allow his compassion to numb. I fear pain but not death.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Striving for a harmonious existance is a side effect of undersanding.

Very often it is, but not always so when understanding the forces of form, of age, death, termination, destruction, and ultimately wholeness. Wholeness requires love to hold it together, but it requires fear and illusion to give it shape and form, and to make it functional. The man who is most like god also accepts both "good" and "evil" as easily as the universe itself allows them to occur.

Whenever you act, don't necessarily do the "good" thing, because that is meaningless. Do the most APPROPRIATE thing in relation to "it," to everything. Give a shape, a form, to express your work; write something in the music of your actions that is novel, that God can catch a groove to, as intense as the most epic scene out of any movie you can think of. People ultimately enjoy watching movies for a very high ascetic reason: we like to experience EVERYTHING! Whether we consciously think we do or not! Because GOD likes to experience EVERYTHING! And that's very hard to produce when you are inclined towards either a ghost called "good" or a ghost called "bad," and not aligned in the center, letting everything come and go as meaninglessly as it all really is to the creator.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

God is the geometric desgin of the expansion and contraction of infinity. It is a structure that is and always has been... this is why it is indifferent. We are its memory. Used by the universe as it is by used us to understand good and evil. Forgiving evil is not the same as accepting it. If i am to be burned by evil i will forgive it and understand, but not accept and allow it to continue hurting me. Reality exists as a snake consuming its own tail, but in that many trancend it. They promote that which brings about transcendance and reduce that which hinders it. If you listen there is much you can understand without suffering it.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

God is the geometric desgin of the expansion and contraction of infinity. It is a structure that is and always has been... this is why it is indifferent.

So then by even giving a damn you are seeking to be different from it, are you not? You just implied you are seeking to be separate from the Absolute. Maybe that is our real difference.

They promote that which brings about transcendance and reduce that which hinders it.

If everything was "good" there would be nothing to transcend.

Some passages from the Bhagavad Gita (an ancient Hindu holy text and very good read, and source of inspiration to Gandhi, Einstein, and Thoreau, among thousands of others) :

By passion for the "pairs of opposites,"
By those twain snares of Like and Dislike, Prince!
All creatures live bewildered, save some few
Who, quit of sins, holy in act, informed,
Freed from the "opposites," and fixed in faith,
Cleave unto Me.

And whoso thus
Discerneth Me in all, and all in Me,
I never let him go; nor looseneth he
Hold upon Me; but, dwell he where he may,
Whate'er his life, in Me he dwells and lives,
Because he knows and worships Me, Who dwell
In all which lives, and cleaves to Me in all.
Arjuna! if a man sees everywhere-
Taught by his own similitude- one Life,
One Essence in the Evil and the Good,
Hold him a Yogi, yea! well perfected!

There is "right" Action: that which- being enjoined-
Is wrought without attachment, passionlessly,
For duty, not for love, nor hate, nor gain.

There is "vain" Action: that which men pursue
Aching to satisfy desires, impelled
By sense of self, with all-absorbing stress:
This is of Rajas- passionate and vain.
There is "dark" Action: when one doth a thing
Heedless of issues, heedless of the hurt
Or wrong for others, heedless if he harm
His own soul- 'tis of Tamas, black and bad!

Finally:

Indestructible,
Learn thou! the Life is, spreading life through all;
It cannot anywhere, by any means,
Be anywise diminished, stayed, or changed.
But for these fleeting frames which it informs
With spirit deathless, endless, infinite,
They perish. Let them perish, Prince! and fight!
He who shall say, "Lo! I have slain a man!"
He who shall think, "Lo! I am slain!" those both
Know naught!
Life cannot slay. Life is not slain!
Never the spirit was born; the spirit shall cease to be never;
Never was time it was not; End and Beginning are dreams!
Birthless and deathless and changeless remaineth the spirit for
ever;
Death hath not touched it at all, dead though the house of it
seems!
Who knoweth it exhaustless, self-sustained,
Immortal, indestructible,- shall such
Say, "I have killed a man, or caused to kill?"

Nay, but as when one layeth
His worn-out robes away,
And, taking new ones, sayeth,
"These will I wear to-day!"
So putteth by the spirit
Lightly its garb of flesh,
And passeth to inherit
A residence afresh.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

There is needless suffering in the world. You can choose to be a gardener or fantasize about being dead. Its easy to believe that no action is needed when you starve yourself on a mountain top alone for half your life. Desire is a bi-product of knowledge when you know nothing of course you would have no desire. Unlike the previous "immaterial" incarnations of the dalai lama before him the current one is attached to "freedom". Strange seeing as how before they were a bunch of "circle #$%^in" mountain dwellers and now they use the internet and know things about the world they live in.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Desire is a bi-product of knowledge when you know nothing of course you would have no desire.

From personal experience I disagree very strongly that desire increases with knowledge. I also happen to notice that you seem to have cleverly wrapped up an ad hominem in this statement.
I suppose this little show of passion on your part is a result of your greater knowledge?

I am not here to preach or even argue. If you like being bound by passions, by "pairs of opposites" (duality, as Google calls it), then it's all yours. Convince yourself that you are not bound by them, and you are even more bound than before.

I've said about all I felt like saying on this thread anyway: There is no such thing as "good" and "bad," only perceptions of them, ghosts in peoples' heads. Others have said it, too, and it's not like you could ever PROVE that they exist because they are totally subjective terms. So what can you do if someone denies them?

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other.

Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.

academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I guess have fun! Might as well dig your grave and lay in it. Not really any reason to take any other action is there? Any reason you can think of to be alive is Ignorant then huh?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It is all by perspective, that good and evil exist, from the singlarity, to duality, to multiplicity.
From this perspective good and evil do exist, but from Gods perspective?

Until we get back to singliarity, or become single of mind, this is hard to comprehend, does anything really matter, no, it will all come out in wash.

You have to look at the alternatives, to begin with every thing is already take care of, this reality is just some thing that has to be, and we just happen to be in it.

You have been give the choice as to the direction you are headed and how things work out for now, there is a infinitel number of universes out there over lapping this one, as you project your thoughts so your universe unveils.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Memories are the basis of understanding which is the foundation of choices. Your memories define YOU... your choices.. your emotions. Free will only exists to those who are ignorant of themselves and causality. The common Parallel universe theory hinges on the concept of "free will". Without it the understanding of how logical parallel universe would look becomes FAR less romantic.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Memories are the basis of understanding which is the foundation of choices. Your memories define YOU... your choices.. your emotions. Free will only exists to those who are ignorant of themselves and causality. The common Parallel universe theory hinges on the concept of "free will". Without it the understanding of how logical parallel universe would look becomes FAR less romantic.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying, but we have free choice and the truth is writen all around us, the becoming single of mind could be hard part.

Paramahausa Yogananda said we must over come everything even our Zodiac, what ever that means.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The truth is all around you that people are a sum of their experiances. If you remove a memory you change a person. You add a memory you change a person. This is evidence enough that free will is an ignorant concept.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

There is only so much needed to be learned, to be become a complete whole person, once some one is relized there is not much more to accomplish except to help others.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Why would you help people? wouldnt that be a desire and evidence of your ignorance and separation from singularity.
Wow you have like 15 more lives now..... sucks for you.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Why would you help people? wouldnt that be a desire and evidence of your ignorance and separation from singularity.
Wow you have like 15 more lives now..... sucks for you.

I am you

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Which is why i want you to understand this. Is there something wrong with my logic? Your understanding of what is good increses in tandum with the amount of perspectives you see from. There is so much needless suffering. To choose to help anyone.., is to agree with me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join