It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Versus Evil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by googolplex

Which is why i want you to understand this. Is there something wrong with my logic? Your understanding of what is good increses in tandum with the amount of perspectives you see from. There is so much needless suffering. To choose to help anyone.., is to agree with me.

If I see someone who has fallen, I will try and help pick them up.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So your going to completely contradict that ignorant hindu crap? What is it you believe now?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

So your going to completely contradict that ignorant hindu crap? What is it you believe now?

Again I do not completly understand what you are saying , I do not contradict the Hindu.

A part of Rama is everyone , everything.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This thread explains what is going on in the world!!!
Especially nowdays and will be increasing!
Do we still deny? Greed is the root...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So you are doing what you think is good... better than that planned for by whatever deity you believe in. O how you dare to play god! What if you rob them of a valuble experiance, but how can you be sure if suffering is needed or not?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So you are doing what you think is good... better than that planned for by whatever deity you believe in. O how you dare to play god! What if you rob them of a valuble experiance, but how can you be sure if suffering is needed or not?

I can only effect those things I am exposed to, in the Masters plan I am quite sure these things are addressed by much greater powers than we.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

There are many lost souls in this place, as found sons and daughters of Creator would be to become a light in the darkness.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So then you dont have free will?.... what is the "master's plan" and who does it lock into a life of suffering and torture..... who does it subscribe to a life of luxury and comfort? You are useless then in helping the very people who need it most! How far does it extend... does it incompass us all?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

So then you dont have free will?.... what is the "master's plan" and who does it lock into a life of suffering and torture..... who does it subscribe to a life of luxury and comfort? You are useless then in helping the very people who need it most! How far does it extend... does it incompass us all?

I my friend am also in the veil of ingnorance and I have no free will nor do I want it.
All are aready saved.
I at this point am only along for ride, it's really gettting interesting now, things are not really as bad as they seem.
I think you need to lighten up a bit, you seem to take everything to serious.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So good and evil exist then? And dont you have to understand so that you can become a magical butterfly and live in bliss? Will you reincarnate?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

So good and evil exist then? And dont you have to understand so that you can become a magical butterfly and live in bliss? Will you reincarnate?

I said in the beginning that good and evil exist in this, our perspective, I have no plans to become butterfly, I am pretty much blissful now.
Sorry I forgot to get my transfer ticket back.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You have been give the choice as to the direction you are headed and how things work out for now, there is a infinitel number of universes out there over lapping this one, as you project your thoughts so your universe unveils.

So what was this? wo did what i say effect any of this?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I would assume it is, to what degrees I would be unaware, this is all on you, the directions you head, the things you need to experience, for you to become whole.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Didnt i explain to you in previous posts free will does not exists, because of this parallel universes would be vastly differnt than anything you remember. Even a .0000001% differnace over a fraction of infinity creates a vastly different reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Didnt i explain to you in previous posts free will does not exists, because of this parallel universes would be vastly differnt than anything you remember. Even a .0000001% differnace over a fraction of infinity creates a vastly different reality.

There's more than you put into equations, some would be vastly different not the ones you would have access to.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
Good versus evil is the heart versus the mind or the right side of the brain versus the left.

So are you saying that all decisions made from the left side of the brain - are evil? Such as the decisions that involve thinking rationally(which could be argued as stemming from the left brain) - and not emotionally(to the contrary which could be argued as stemming from the right brain?

Sometimes the heart and the mind battle one another inside some ones conscious. The minds logic will contradict the hearts instinct or the minds analytics will question emotion.

Is this necessarily a "bad" thing? Based from my personal experience, decisions made out of emotion, and not based from rationale - haven't always yielded ideal results in a specific situation. In fact, I try to avoid making decisions based on emotion...

Originally posted by Wachstum
People have free will. That includes the freedom to be purily evil.

And here is the million dollar question: Do we actually have free will? Or are we simply reacting to the situations and environment around us...? (A question posed in my Principals of Conditioning Class).

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

And here is the million dollar question: Do we actually have free will? Or are we simply reacting to the situations and environment around us...? (A question posed in my Principals of Conditioning Class).

- Carrot

We have free will, but the thing to do would to become balanced within self, removing conflicts within, not doing wrong when knowing what is right.
If you always do what you feel is the good and right thing to do, then no you have no free will, but will of what is right, good reguardless of consequence to self.
To empower self one must not lie to self, this will cause internal conflict, your super computer brain works on deducing facts of truth, to bring lies into equation would bring confict and cause to lean towards ones own self destruction.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

WE HAVE FREE WILL, but the thing to do would to become balanced within self, removing conflicts within, not doing wrong when knowing what is right.If you always do what you feel is the good and right thing to do, then no YOU HAVE NO FREE WILL, but will of what is right, good reguardless of consequence to self. To empower self one must not lie to self, this will cause internal conflict, your super computer brain works on deducing facts of truth, to bring lies into equation would bring confict and cause to lean towards ones own self destruction.

You are soo full of contradictions. What if you must self distruct to teach the world not to? Who has to be burned so that you can see what is hot? Stop speaking in circles. To be self-less and mind-full is to make GOOD choices. I wish you would stop squirming around like a worm on hot pavement.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You seem so lost, weak fearful, what you speak of is not external but internal, it's not so much to show others, but to be a strength unto ones self, it's more of principles, not ego that seem to be your modus operandi.
It seems as that you might be the one to squirm when death knocks on door.
Sorry to tell you this but there are good people on Earth, that are not just self serving, but good just because they are.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

When stubborn people are wrong it always seems egotistical. Someday youll realize that regurgitating that "buddah bull" helps no one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join