It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people sick?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Yea, my grandmother ended up getting on so many pills that she pretty much went crazy. I'm not even kidding she washes dishes at like 3 in the am and then tries to take a shower. One morning, when I was younger, I woke up to find blood in the bathtub, and when i went to check the dishes, sure enough, there was blood there as well. Everyone that knows her, knows damn well it's all the drugs. she was fine before she got on them, and it's not like old age had time to claim her within that small an amount of time(little more than two years). She actually got to the point where she was stealing my older brother's riddlin, and then evolved to signing for her own pills (she worked in a Dr.'s office or some #. I was too young to really remember) and ended up getting caught and going to jail. She's out now, after costing my family a healthy amount of money for rehab and the works, but still can't drop the meds. Every once in a while she'll end up with some crazy sickness that worries everyone for a while, then it goes away. At the time being she has something that causes random holes to appear somewhere in/on her body. There's one on her ankle right now, and they don't heal at all. Doctors have looked at it and done this and that, but it's still just as fresh a wound as it was a couple of months ago. She just keeps it wrapped up, and sucks on my grandfather's pain pads (I'm not sure what they are, but they're pads that help his back or some #, and they have vikodin in them. She bites a hole in them or something.) That's just an example of how crazy pills can make you. Anyways, that's just my personal experience with pills and sickness

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It could also be that our medical industry keeps sickly people alive that would have otherwise died off long ago, making all that a non-issue. Thus, they, and their defective messed up genes, are allowed to keep procreating and handing their bad genes down to even more humons.

The medical industry could be considered counter productive to natural evolution and how nature weeds out all these things from each species for us. I know scientists keep searching for and finding bad genes to blame for a lot of our medical woes, in some kind of futile attempt to allow those with those defective genetics to keep living and reproducing, whereas a more natural course of evolution would have naturally taken care of these bad genes and these problems all in good time and all by itself.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

A med student...

Dude, you ARE the enemy... (To good health).

Allopathic medicine simply does NOT work.

(It will probably take you 20 - 30 years to figure it out... depending on exactly how much of a parrot you are.)

Just search for my posts... We could start by talking about chemotherapy.
Any oxymoron if there ever was one.

MDs are into it simply for the money. It doesn't have anything to do with helping or curing people.

You guys talking about the population getting old, better diagnosing techniques...

You're simply in DENIAL.

It's a 98/2 world folks. About only 2% of the MDs REALLY care about their patients... the rest are... clinical.

Cancer is NOT a disease. It's a symptom of poisoning.

The one thing I am really curious about is what the geniuses that are spraying the chemtrails think they are doing...

Anyone have any (inside) info on that?

DGTempe, dude, where do you normally live? (Usually has a lot to do with it
).

Lynomor, love your posts... PLEASE take a breath! (Use paragraphs? Please...
)

Anon dude II, I've got some 'lack of logic' for you... Come out from behind that anon smoke screen... and we will dissect your disinformation.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by golemina]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

That is some fairy tale world you live in... where the medical industry keeps people alive!

That nonsense about 'genes' being the 'cause' of disease is just a laugh... Not to mention an insult to REAL genetic defects (natural or man-made).

Hey! Did you hear...

The 'gene' guys found the cause of autism! (It occurs in a whopping .4% of the people with autism.). Just start the grant machine up.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
That is some fairy tale world you live in...

Imagine the trouble our health/medical industry would be in today if Neanderthals were still around and lining up for medical solutions too, ha.

I think our current way of life is what is causing so many of these ailments today. STRESS. And a lack of physical exercise. Too many people work sedentary jobs these days. They drive cars to work and sit at desks. That is the biggest difference from today and long ago. And, we eat factory food, containing all kinds of fillers and chemicals that aren't necessary for human health (but are their only for the preservation of the food). Avoid factory foods and all meats, particularly ground meat, where what you are eating is probably a composition from dozens or hundreds of animals (all it takes is for one of those animals to be sick and full of cancer cells to make you sick too). And exercise .. THAT should be mandatory for ALL humans.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Dude, totally on the beam with your post...

Everthing 'ceptin that bit about the 'cause' of cancer...

Like a homeo said earlier in this thread... human bodies are NATURALLY healthy (contrary to the disease/allopathic model
).

You really have to poison it to make it dysfunctional. (Which is exactly what processed foods, drinking tap water, pharma products, etc do...

It simply doesn't happen by accident that folks get cancer.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
oops. i forgot to mention essential sugars. you can google this to make sure you're not mssing any of them in your diet. glucosamine is an important one that people may be missing. there are others too.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
oh, if you want an interesting (slightly unusual) take on diet and lifestyle, read anastasia's books - the ringing cedars series by vladimir megre. they're really popular in russia now - aparantly a lot of people are moving out of cities and buying farms/living a rural lifestyle/growing own food, just as a result of reading these books.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Poor diet, poor air, poor drinking water.Stress stress stress.Popping pills for all the above, then popping more pills to counteract the side affects of the previous pills.

McDiet, McAir, Mclifestyle

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I also like what the previous post said about the human body being naturally healthy, it's kind of remarkable that people only get diseases etc so late in life after a good 40-50yrs of nothing but abuse to there entire system.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Food and pollution are part of the problem, but in the bigger picture, stress and poor colon health cause most disease.

It's simply that American culture has become increasingly complicated. Part of this complication comes from widespread acceptance of activities which distress the body, like using drugs and consuming caffeine. Caffeine triggers the body's nervous system, so that it thinks that it's constantly under threat. When this happens, but no real threats can be found, the body tends to turn on itself.

As for colon health, Americans don't get enough fiber and don't move their bowels often enough. This causes fecal matter to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Exactly, people are FULL OF SH!T

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by majestikc

Hey, you're not supposed to express yourself in that manner.

I am still sick. I thought going to Nantucket would change the air i breathe and would make me better. I spent three days coughing , sneezing and hacking to death. It feels like i have an infection in my head that just will NOT go away. I take Ester-C, vitamins, cough syrup, and teas and whatever other remedies i can find.

I'm off to Florida next Friday- my kids are sending for me for a month. I can only hope i recover in the sunshine and the heat down there.
I feel like i am just doomed to live my life like this-
Another worry is that i may get kicked off the train...for coughing...

OMG... i dont know what to do. I guess i can laugh at myself and hope that i am not taken for someone who is carrying something...questionable.. and stopped and turned into the
black ops authorities.

So,
, i am hoping for a nice quiet 18 hour trip.

Please wish me luck.

See you all when i get to Florida.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I --was-- going to start a thead just like this one. Ya beat me to the punch. When I turned 34 in the summer of 1994, my physiology changed almost overnight. A previous poster talked about the effect of stress. My life was taking a downward spiral into what one of the Tarot cards calls, the 'dark night of the soul'. I think I got permanently f***** by stress, but something more and beyond that, within the environment, water, and food, is poisoning us. I am beset with hystamine allergies, and almost cannot digest just about any food anymore, especially good ones that I like, such as bananas, broccoli, beans, and yams. I don't smoke, and I will not touch wine anymore. I kept hearing that wine was good for you, but I would have a glass, then be sick for the next 3 days. I utterly cannot tolerate any meat anymore, after I watched videos on the internet, of animals being tortured by slaughterhouse workers, before they were killed. I got 'A Clockwork Orange'd by that, which is a --good-- thing. A while back, it was --very-- interesting: I decided to ELIMINATE 'grains' and only eat the vegetables and fruits that I CAN digest. I started losing weight real fast. But my body was SO addicted to JUNK 'grains' (like pizza and breads, etc.) that I relapsed, out of sheer laziness. But now I'm recomitting to that food lifestyle with tennacity and dilligence. It's a matter of facing up to a painful yet necessary physiological paradigm shift.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DGTempe... Don't know if you caught my query... a while ago.

Where are you from (when you first got this thing)?

A couple of friends caught something similar (me too
) and it was a real pain in the...

Get back to me... there is relief.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I live in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Close to Otis Airforce Base. Where are you people? I'm way in the North East furthermost point.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

hey dgtempe, I've been reading a lot about vitamin D lately and started taking it myself. Apparently its been proven to have a greater benefit than C regarding colds -- also being recommended up here in Canada by our health department as important in cancer prevention.

I would invite you to do a search and read up on it for yourself -- it could just be the ticket. When you get to Florida, the sun will give you some D, but maybe not as much as you/we need in the winter months.

thinkin bout ya - get well!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i think that multiple factors come into play regarding poor health in North America (Not just the US).

-having to work 9-5 to pay bills/support family, not enough time for ones self
-quick and easy alternatives such as fast food can be found on almost every corner
-junk food and "crap" foods are a fraction of the cost of organics
-people sitting on their ass/couch. people don't walk as much these days
-poor diet starts at a young age, for example schools are full of crap vending machines and crap in the cafeterias like mr. noodles soups, chips, hot dogs etc.
-peer pressure, teens may find it less popular to bring healthy food to school and just settle for the "junk" everyone else eats

i think my summation for the overall bad health of North Americans is the society itself. yes i believe people can choose to make better choices, but not everyone has enough common sense or financial situation to be able to afford/obtain the right foods.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I would have to say that Gluten intolerance (celiacs)is a real problem that people just don't know about. Why don't we just eat any weed growing on the side of the road? That's all wheat is, garbage, Potatoes too, beef too. That is the American diet right there. Bread, potatoes and beef. The symptoms of Gluten intolerance are: Foggy Brain, extreme lower back pain from nothing, extreme dry skin in weird places and patches (may come and go), A burning sensation in the middle right quadrant, a dull throbbing on the left side, prostate problems, sore hips and joints. You may tolerate it well now but it will cause you to not absorb nutrients that in the long run will cause malnutrition, leading to other problems like you listed above. I do the raw food diet now and have never felt better. Good post with real substance.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neighbor_guy

Neighbor_guy, all those symptoms you listed, my sister suffers from! OMG! I never heard of this gluten intolerance before, I will have to apprise her of it, ASAP. Her eating habits are the classic American diet 'on sterroids', as-they-say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join