It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people sick?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
People are getting sick at alarming rates. And what is even more alarming, is the amount of CHRONIC illnesses going on.

It is estimated that between 90 million and 133 million Americans are living with at least one chronic disease, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, or Alzheimer's. Caring for people with chronic illness consumes more than 75 percent of the $2.2 trillion we spend annually on health care.

blog.nj.com...

PBS claims that 60 million Americans are living with MULTIPLE chronic illnesses and that number is projected to rise to 157 million by 2020.

And who is hiring during the worst job market in 35 yrs? The health care industry.

And have you noticed the pharmaceutical companies merging and conglomerating into bigger monopoly style companies?

“The economic downturn doesn’t impact the market for vaccines,” Hassan said. Profit margins in vaccines stay largely intact and are not subject to rebate pressures, since managed care companies don’t typically handle those prescriptions, he said. The professor published a research paper last year that covered the impact on shareholder wealth of more than 400 pharmaceutical mergers and acquisitions worldwide over the 25 years between 1981 and 2004.

www.njbiz.com...

Have you seen the latest list of chronic illnesses?

* Heart disease
* Diabetes
* Cardiovascular Disease
* Cerebrovascular disease
* Hypertension
* Kidney disease
* Liver disease
* Alzheimer's Disease
* Arthritis
* Cancer
* Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
* Epilepsy
* Hereditary Hemochromatosis
* Iron Overload
* Oral Diseases
* Osteoporosis

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

And let's not forget about unusual things like ED and Restless Leg Syndrome, Autism and and endless list of new diseases introduced everyday.

So the question is WHY?

I believe it is a conspiracy. Chronic illnesses are sneaky, and hard to diagnose. And poisoning, especially heavy metal poisoning, is extremely hard to diagnose.

As an example of the scope of a heavy metal's toxicity, lead can affect the nervous system, gastrointestinal system, cardiovascular system, blood production, kidneys, and reproductive system.

Symptoms of heavy metal toxicity include mental confusion, pain in muscles and joints, headaches, short-term memory loss, gastrointestinal upsets, food intolerances/allergies, vision problems, chronic fatigue, and others. The symptoms are so vague that it is difficult to diagnose based on symptoms alone.

www.diagnose-me.com...

At present, these toxic metals have polluted our atmosphere, our waters, our soil, and food chain

www.healthy.net...

I think it is a combination of heavy metals injected in our atmosphere, and flouridation in our water, and mercury in vaccinations.

I would like to encourage input of any ideas, or theories as to why people are succumbing to chronic illnesses.

Thanks.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by doctordoom]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Of course, the obvious one would be poor diet. A lot of people I know don't even try to eat a healthy diet. Fruits and veggies and totally excluded from some peoples' diet. I used to eat pretty unhealthy as a kid. I'd eat msg loaded pasta meals everyday when I got home from school, and basically no fruits or veggies. I ended up getting a thyroid disorder, maybe totally unrelated, which lasted about 6 months and after that I took a hard look at my diet. I basically cut out wheat and had loads of veggies and fruit everyday and noticed a huge increase in how I was feeling. Eating healthy was a lesson I learned pretty early, but so maybe people still haven't gotten the clue. Even after cancer or whatever, they refuse to change their diet.

I think stress also prevents people from eating healthy. Preparing healthy food can take a good deal of time, compared to throwing a lean cuisine in the microwave. You also have to make food more often throughout the day. It is a bit more expensive, but whether you want to pay a little more for food to stay healthy, or pay for a very expensive short term or long term illness, choice is yours. Most choose the latter unfortunately.

From that list you posted

* Heart disease - diet
* Diabetes -diet
* Cardiovascular Disease - diet
* Cerebrovascular disease - in the case of stroke, diet
* Hypertension - diet
* Kidney disease - not diet as much, but alcohol would do it.
* Liver disease - diet
* Alzheimer's Disease - I'd say there is some research pointing to diet
* Arthritis - Inflammation is made worse by high glucose levels, diet
* Cancer - diet
* Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease - can't say
* Epilepsy - born with it generally
* Hereditary Hemochromatosis - no idea lol
* Iron Overload - diet possibly
* Oral Diseases - not enough brushing and sugary foods, diet
* Osteoporosis - diet

[edit on 28-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom
People are getting sick at alarming rates. And what is even more alarming, is the amount of CHRONIC illnesses going on.

Perhaps it has something to do with this:

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And did you ever notice, the extremely wealthy people.
Never seem to get sick much?And seem to live forever?
I don't mean some mom and pop with a few million either.
I mean the connected people, the top people.
Look at British royal family.
When has any of them died of a serious illness under say 60?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I agree, our diet can definitely affect our health, and processed foods are not in our benefit, besides convenience.

However, I've seen people who have ate healthy all their lives, not smoked, not drink, still get sick. And if fixing cancer is as simple as changing our diets, why aren't health care industries promoting that as a cure.

The truth seems to be that the cause seems to be less and less important, and a cure farther and farther away, and a new drug with side affect the common prescription.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by doctordoom]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by doctordoom

The answer is pretty simple.

Sick people= lot's of money to be made.

Especially if the medication only cures symptoms, instead of tackling the disease.

Making patients addicted to medication, for life.

Money, money.

Couple that with all the junk that is being put in our foods, the ignorance of people and the stressfull society we live in these days, and you have a goldmine.

Plus people are really dumbed down because of all the chemicals in the food and water.

Makes them more easygoing.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
not only are all the issues and views posted valid and believable, but arent we more able as a society to put a name on something thats been around a few hundred years and label it now? i was hyper when i was a kid 35 years ago. now theres 25 different medical terms for it. and twice as many pills to cure it. im a mechanic at a car dealership. all the guys thay have been with this manuf since the store opened seem to think the cars are getting crappier. its not that. theres just more parts and more things to break cause we can diagnose more than we could 20 years ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by doctordoom

The answer is pretty simple.

Sick people= lot's of money to be made.

Yes, I agree. The Root of all evil. The love of money. Does anyone really believe there aren't people in power who love money and control more than concern for the average Joe citizens well being?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

We believe the same thing. Are us, and millions of others wrong, or delusional?

Many would have us believe it so. How do we stop these wrongs to our basic right to healthy living?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think depleted uranium is probably the biggest reason for rises in chronic illnesses, since the use of DU weaponry since Yugoslavia, the Gulf Wars, and the current Middle East situations has been more hazardous than anything to our health on this planet. The fine nano particles that are created have bonded permanently to our global atmosphere and we are all breathing this stuff in, which is performing millions upon millions of nuclear events at a dna level yearly. It takes 4.5 billion years for this stuff to go away.

idust.net has a wealth of information on this. I have a thread about DU dust and the cabal's deliberate depopulation of the planet.

Its only going to get worse. I heard somewhere that some scientists believe this will kill half of all life forms on earth, including bacteria, and mutate the rest.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's simply because we don't all die from wars, accidents, TB, smallpox, polio, leprosy etc etc any more

Every time we find a cure for one terminal illness, then the number of people dying from another illness increases.

Sooner or later we all die of something!

Also, we take a lot longer to die than we used to. Silly drugs and hospitals!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
And did you ever notice, the extremely wealthy people.
Never seem to get sick much?And seem to live forever?

I dunno about that, but employed people are far more susceptible to illness than the self employed. Last time I was too ill to go to work was 4 years ago - during the week between Christmas and New Year when I had coincidently closed my business so didn't need to go to work. I've only had 2 days off work due to illness in the last 15 years.

A lot of illness is all in the mind .....

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Diet and lifestyle play a big part, it compliments the growth of cancerous cells.

Also the amount of chemicals pumped into the air each year from the manufactoring industry is astounding, I wrote up a thread discussing it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The figures don't lie, which is a big reason why I don't believe in chemtrails, I mean why bother with the costs and inaccuracy of such a program when you have mines and factories everywhere doing the poisoning for you?

Just my 2c

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes, pollution is also a definite factor in the rise of chronic diseases.

But I think the question should actually be:

Why are so many people not being cured of their diseases?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Because they only have access to low level medical technology due to them not possessing enough money to pay for more advanced technology.
Technology that insurance company's wouldn't dare pay a cent for.
Technology that people like Rockefeller owns.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, there's my answer.

Money, money, money.

And power.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe there is enough information available to us now that almost all serious illness could be prevented from happening in the first place.
Just about everything that has been mentioned so far is probably true, for example. Its no big mystery or secret.

Some people are acting on this knowledge and making appropriate decisions that are within their prerogative.

A lot of what goes on is beyond any individual's power, and will take longer to fix.

Yes, money is behind it. One power each of us has is not to spend any of it (money) on things that we know are part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Yep, can you imagine what the people who actually invented money, and own the money, can buy?
No wonder they never get sick and die young.
They like us doing that though.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I believe there is enough information available to us now that almost all serious illness could be prevented from happening in the first place.

Damn right.

And what about AIDS? That could've been prevented.

If they hadn't engineered it in a lab.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If anyone finds the antidote, please let me know. I am so sick with CHRONIC (as told by the hospital) respiratory illnesses, that i had the family pool money together and i will be going to Orlando for a month to see my kids- and to see if this clears up.

I have had cold after cold, resp illnesses, bronchitis, fevers, you name it i have had it. Just two days ago i woke up with yet another sore throat and totally ill again.

I imagine my body wont take this much longer.
I havent been posting much because of the way i feel.

I truly think i am going to die soon. I know some dead people who died of less problems than i have.

I cant stand this anymore. :shk:
There comes a time when nobody cares and people think you are just craving for attention and medicines.
I want nothing better than to be well, but its one illness after another going on almost 2 years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join