It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who are Awake have no obligations to those who are asleep.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by manganesejolt

I fully agree, manganesejolt, the enlightened owe nothing to those who refuse to wake up, who refuse to see beyond their book or dogma, ot come out of the very small box they live in. The Lightworkers are bound to educate, and attempt to awaken, but cannot interfere with the life path of the person. No one can be awoken, one has to wake up all by themselves. All of humanity has built in DNA codes that fire when the time is right. Information flows throughout the internet and in may other places, so lack of knowledge is a choice, not a destiny.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Information flows throughout the internet and in may other places, so lack of knowledge is a choice, not a destiny.

That is so true. For instance I've told things to my parents about conspiracies and such, and they would always write off my arguments right away, even the verifiable facts in them.

They never bothered to check if anything I was saying was actually true.

If it's not on the eight'o'clock news, it didn't happen for their sake.

It's a choice.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with the OP. I've learned that those who are willing to listen and wake up are on their way up and out to wherever. As per a twit and a turd who once told me, "People are already old enough to make decisions for themselves". But based on my personal observations, no amount of 'holding hands' would change the more stubborn persons who choose to remain asleep. So, there is no need to feel guilty for those with wings to pull the bottom, crawling feeders out of their 'sleep'. Those poor chaps will be left behind. Until they come to their senses and wake up one friggin' day, so be it. Until they wake up, enjoy yourselves without regret. Thank you.

[edit on 2009-2-28 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
After reading over this thread, I'm interested in the definition of "awake" and "asleep" that you (the thread contributors) keep using. I'm wondering if one poster's "awake" is the same as the next poster's "awake".

Anyone using them care to define these terms?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
my def of awake is, knowing there is more going on that what you see at 6pm on tv. and that theres a power behind the throne, and its been there since before george washington cut down the cherry tree. and those that are asleep are the ones whod rather find out who the next american idol is than do something to save the constitution. example... i have hr3162 tattoed on my neck. its real easy to know whos asleep when they ask what the heck does that mean?

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're right.

Awake, to me, means not buying into the blatant government lies, not believing the government has your best interest, not placing your destiny and faith in anything other then yourself.

Being open to all sorts of new possibilities, realizing that we are on the brink of a major world change.

Realising that love is the path and not fear.

Seeing the bigger picture.

Asleep is the opposite of those things.

link   

Not that i'm "awake", but it is my understanding that by helping other people we also help ourselves. Not that most people are ready to "see the light", but while they're still slaves, they're working for "them".

You can't help people that don't want help because they believe they already know it all and their problems are someone else's fault. You can't help people that don't even think they need help. You can't help people if you haven't helped yourself first.

If each and every person put themselves first and allowed themselves to reach their highest potential the world would be wonderful. It's just too much like hard work for most people to bother. They're happy existing. Well they're not happy existing because they complain a lot but they're not so unhappy as to be bothered to do anything about it.

I personally don't feel obligated to anyone other than to myself. I'm not going to feel guilty taking opportunities that come my way. Opportunities are available to everyone but most won't take them because it involves hard work and stepping out of their comfort zone.

People are wonderful and diverse which is great. To be honest I don't think there is an 'awake' or 'asleep' - just people that can be bothered to try and live and people that do what's expected each day and just exist.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I will try. A person who is "awake" has eyes to see. He/she can see things that others do not, such as the antics of politics and local government. They can see oppression when they encounter it, and know who to defeat it. An awake person can easily see through religious dogma, and tell when another person is lying to them. An awake person is in touch with their inner self, and with their Creator(s), the ultimate ones, not the made up ones. An awake person is aware that there is much more to life than can bee seen here on Earth, and knows of the afterlife, and somewhat what goes on there, and what their true purpose is.

An asleep person does the opposite of these things, lives in a box, believes in dogma, refuses to research their beliefs, and lets "them" tell the person how to live, and what to do and not do.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by autowrench]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
sounds like we all have close to the same definitions of awake and asleep. its a pretty open and big description that alot will fit into.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The problem with the work "awake" is that you only know it when you get it and many people think they have it. But this leaves so much room for people believing that they have it when they do not, that the word is practically useless.

You cannot simply ask "Okay, who in this room is awake?" If you are referring to ATS, then everyone will stand up. But, as a person who believes himself to be both awake and able to recognize who are awake and who are asleep, I know this to be false. But it's too bad for me that my definition of being awake is not something I can provide you with: it is an experience, which is necessarily private.

So what is to be done? Nothing. The fact that we can never agree on who is awake and who is asleep means that the distinction is both politically and ethically useless. And if the distinction is used as a basis of ethical or political action (e.g. the elimination or degradation of the "asleep"), then only conflict will result. For no one wants to believe he is asleep.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I had the same reaction. One can be awake in Heaven, one can be awake in Hell.
I think Zepherian hit the nail on the head.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PriamsPride

For me it's pretty simple. If you believe that 911 was caused by Muslim terrorists, you are asleep in my book.

Maybe it's not particularly decent of me, but still, for me that is the ultimate awakening test.

If people believe the official story, then I know enough.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There has always been war in the world, and people have been saying the world would end forever. Also, people will keep having kids instead of focusing on the ones they've already had, in countries where the kids are born to a horrible life and usually die before age 5. For God's sake stop having so many kids and try to take better care of the ones you've had.

I don't think the NWO is a good thing, but I do agree that the awake owe nothing to the asleep, ESPECIALLY if they have tried to get their wheels turning already.

Buddhism went two different ways on this. This is the difference in Mahayana and Theravada Buddhism. One says wake others up, the other says you are done once you have awakened.

I look at the world and I just think it will ALWAYS be this way, we aren't living in that special of a time it has always been like this and always will be.

So I actually have no problem with the idea that the awake owe nothing to the asleep. And that person who think's that certainly isn't getting in the way of those who want to wake others up, if they are awake they are doing more good than harm. Though must say again I certainly don't think NWO is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

I had the same reaction. One can be awake in Heaven, one can be awake in Hell.
I think Zepherian hit the nail on the head.

No he didn't. He doesn't understand that being awake, will destroy the "Hell", eventually, if enough people have "awoken".

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
MMM mmmm, coldhearted logic from an objectivist. (excuse me while I vomit)

Did you ever consider that perhaps your wakefulness is the result of others slumbering?

You're standing on the backs of generation after generation of slumbering individuals, saying you owe them nothing? Its cold, and its selfish and it's reflective of the materialistic disconnected society we live in.

The "Golden Rule" is the only way. The OP can try as hard as he/she wants to lift themselves up in this world, but unless they're being lifted by others they have lifted, then all is lost. Its the illusion of upwards motion brought on by selfishly pushing others around you down.

Just because you have lost your connection to your fellow man doesn't mean you should try and infect others with your evil ways.

Peace

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I you are using analytical mind, you are "awake".
If you are simply following (given) protocols, you are not "awake".
It's as simple as that.

Intelligence is creativeness.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Just because you have lost your connection to your fellow man doesn't mean you should try and infect others with your evil ways.

I think it is fellow man, who has lost his connection to the greater whole, those "awake" are the ones that reconnected.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

People are wonderful and diverse which is great. To be honest I don't think there is an 'awake' or 'asleep' - just people that can be bothered to try and live and people that do what's expected each day and just exist.

I suppose 'awake' people are happy to know that they'll never actually be totally happy!

There's always more to see, more to do, more to learn, more to experience. I love learning but I don't necessarily want all the answers. I appreciate the fact that I'm alive and have so much to explore in life. Life isn't always easy - that would be so boring. However, I always remain grateful that I'm even here.

'Asleep' people complain a lot and blame everything/everyone else for their lot and usually think that material things will make them happy. As soon as they get the 'thing' they wanted they're still not happy and move on to thinking another 'thing' will bring happiness.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

It sounds like your definition of "connected" means to "disconnect" from those who disagree with you.

My fellow man has lost his way indeed.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by manganesejolt

I don't believe in you.

Here's why:

On another thread you state:

I live on cold sandwiches and ramen noodles.

And then all of the sudden you:

Those of us who have wings were meant to soar, not to crawl along the ground with the rest of the cattle.

But if all you eat are cold sandwiches and ramen noodles, i could hardly call that flying, from the point of view you seem to have, where having a lot of money equals having a lot of light and a high spirit, which is not true.

As pointed out by yourself:

I also love a nice piece of Chateaubriand steak and wearing leather

Would you also like some noodles along with that?

Cows are born to become delicious steaks and shiny boots

Will you kill that cow so that you can have your stake and your shiny boots? will you go to work at a factory so that those boots can actually be made, once the ignorant fools at the top who have lost all vision of reality destroy everything and the world collapses?

When I was at Yale, I was part of a number of little groups, and one group was mentored by this old man

Just out of curiosity, which groups and which old man? can we learn how those groups were called and which old man are you quoting here? it would be fun to know, we already know is a retired history professor, so maybe we can get a link to some papers he might have wrote? web site? it would be interesting to know more about his thoughts, if any.

will really be blessings for those of us who think and feel in full vibrant color and what becomes of those who see grey and eat gruel is of no consequence to us

Are you blinded by all those colors maybe?, that you can't notice the tree has more leafs than the one you have focused on?

Well ramen noodles are not exactly food for angels, given that you depict those who you think are lower than yourself as gruel eating sheeple.

Those of us with any kind of foresight have been making the right kinds of investments (dumping real estate, buying precious metals) for some time now

Again, but you live on cold sandwiches and noodles? how amusing that is.

I don't believe in you.

Are you a dropout from college?
Did you actually ever went to college?
Do you wish you were part of an elite but you know you can't belong there and you you came to this site and registered an account so that you can start having your dream here? telling stories about old wise mans who use to teach you the secrets of life on some secret room filled with those chosen ones that you called brothers because they were part of that elite who controls the world from their hidden palaces?

I don't believe in you, not for a second, you are full of regret, and hate.

You are not illuminated in any way, if you were, all those words you have written here, would not have a place in your mind, you would not be here, trying to live a dream where you are pure and high, full of light and above everyone else. I've noticed you just registered on this site, so, where do you come from? why do you register and the first thing you try to do is to open a thread like this, is it maybe to gather points quickly?

Again, are you a dropout who never fulfilled all those dreams and had to see the rest of the people move on and live great lives, why you were struggling to pay the rent and with a sad life, a job you don't like and full of hate for all those who actually made it?

Don't know, but you have mistaken everything, it doesn't matter, i can understand exactly what you are trying to say, but i really doubt you are who you say you are, and you have failed in your effort, truly, you are not enlightened and if you believe that money will buy you a pure soul, you are in for a big surprise, and i feel sad about that.

And you seem to be very proud of being longhaired, which by itself speaks a lot, the libertarian part

Kai

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join