It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who are Awake have no obligations to those who are asleep.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

Right.

It's not about agreeing with my views.

It's the path mankind has taken, the path we walk somehow doesn't feel right to me, and that's an understatement.

Do you think we were meant to live like this?

Somewhere we lost our connection.

I feel reconnected.

You can disagree with me and everthing will still be peachy for me.

Don't worry.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

It's the path mankind has taken, the path we walk somehow doesn't feel right to me, and that's an understatement.

---------------------------------------------

Sounds like you should try walking a different path then. The path you adhere to is the one we've been following thus far as a society. If you feel its "not right" then heck, you're agreeing with me through your disagreement.

Again, its all about the golden rule. Its counter-intuitive to understand but I can assure you.... Walking it, just "feels right", regardless of how stupid you might look putting someone elses needs ahead of your own.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The "Golden Rule" is the only way. The OP can try as hard as he/she wants to lift themselves up in this world, but unless they're being lifted by others they have lifted, then all is lost. Its the illusion of upwards motion brought on by selfishly pushing others around you down.

Just because you have lost your connection to your fellow man doesn't mean you should try and infect others with your evil ways.

Peace
[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

"Golden Rule" - Do unto others. I always live my life by that rule to the best of my ability.

Looking after number 1 isn't selfish and doesn't involve pushing others down. If they want a hand up then they just have to reach out. I would never refuse to help anyone.

I just wouldn't presume that I've got this whole life thing sussed and am wide awake and should start trying to get everyone else to live the way I do. I think its a bit patronising of someone to assume that their way is the right way and they must wake everyone else up and tell them how they should be living. Many people in history thought they were 'awake' and their way was the right way and it should be impossed on the poor, suffering, masses.

If people want to 'sleep' let them but it doesn't mean I have to stay behind with them. If someone likes what they see and they want help living the same way, as me, then of course I'll be there to guide them along.

Looking after oneself isn't evil or disconnected from fellow man. It's acknowledging that everyone is different and are entitled to 'sleep' if they want to. If they don't want to 'sleep' then then they can just as easily change the direction of their lives as those that have before.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok I would just like to know what the definition of awakened means actually to the ATS community.... Does being awake mean you actually question what is going on right now because something doesn't feel right, or is it just some title some people use to make themselves feel high and mighty? I don't want to argue with anyone I would just like to know what the requirements are for being "awake"

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
in my mind, however fragile or twisted it may be, there are no requirements for being awake. you either believe your gov is protecting you and all is well, or you are of the mindset that the men behind the curtain are here to control. nothing much to argue about.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated7

Exactly what I was trying to say. Being 'awake' is an individual feeling/thought.

One can feel 'awake' but can't presume that everyone else is 'asleep' just because they live or think differently. I never really called myself 'awake' before but to me being 'awake' is just living life for myself and being the best I can be - I owe that to myself but I don't owe anyone else anything.

I don't expect people to owe me and I don't owe anyone else anything. I don't believe my children owe me and I don't believe I owe them. I will be the best parent I can be because it makes me happy to see them thrive. It makes me proud when people compliment me on how wonderful they are. I don't parent them because I owe them anything, I do it out of love and wanting to be the best parent I can possibly be.

Edit to add - That doesn't mean I think I'm right and others are wrong. Each to their own.

Edit to add - I might feel differently tomorrow but that's the beauty of life and having my own mind. I can think what I like, when I like. I can do what I like, when I like. I'm not obligated to anyone or anything. (The question asked in the thread title).

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Maya00a]

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Its completely subjective. Although one strong indicator I use of someone being awake, would be if they thought/say they were "waking"or in the process of being awake. Its under that understanding that one realizes that everyone is sleeping, regardless of how enlightened one individual may think they are.

For someone to say they're awake gives me the impression they have it all figured out. That impression implies ignorance and slumber IMO.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I found this today, it is quite simple and informative on what the thought process is, mayby it can help

Zen Biology Lesson for Enlightenment

www.youtube.com...

I think loving and taking good care of yourself and your true needs, is a sign of one who has intelligence and personal light.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks OP.

I think this is more true on a spiritual level than a physical one.

You are only as awake as the people around you.

link   

Sounds like you should try walking a different path then.

I already am.

If you feel its "not right" then heck, you're agreeing with me through your disagreement.

No, you just don't understand.

I already said it's not about my views.

The situation in the world today is proof enough of the fact that mankind has taken the wrong path.

We lost the connection with Earth and the true spiritual nature.

You can deny it all you want.

[edit on 28/2/09 by enigmania]

link   
Maya, your signature says it better than any of us ever could.

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes" - Mahatma Gandhi

What that means is that your "wakefullness" is all for nothing if you don't allow others to go through the same process of waking up through "trial and error" (ie mistakes).

Nice sig,

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

The "Golden Rule" is true spiritual nature..

Can you lift yourself.. Like physically lift yourself off the ground by putting your hands below your knees?

NO.

Can you lift someone else around you up?

Yes.

Only then can you rise up, through the people around you returning the favour and lifting you back up.

Don't confuse upwards motion with the illusion of upwards motion. IE putting #1 ahead of everything.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't see how that relates to what we were discussing just now.

I think you are confusing my views with someone else's.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have a joke. How many Libertarians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Answer: Only one, because if they join in together to help, they're all --paranoid-- that each other are plotting to screw over one another.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

A true libertarian wouldn't expect a favour in return.

Its all about lifting others up, without expecting them to return the favour.

Thats what true "Faith" is all about.

Peace

ps - Its unfortunate liberty was hi-jacked with selfish objectivist views.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You seem to think that I feel better than others, and that I have no love for my fellow man.

That's not at all the case, I will always help my fellow man, if I can.

I'm just not going to put any more energy in trying to introduce people to univerrsal truths and the deceipt that is so widespread.

Don't confuse upwards motion with the illusion of upwards motion. IE putting #1 ahead of everything.

To add to your cheesy examples, you have to heal yourself first to heal others.

You have to stand up first, to pick another person from the ground.

If a plane chrashes, and the oxygen masks come out, what are parents supposed to do?

Put them on themselves first, in order to save the children.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by manganesejolt
Let's just come out and admit that right now, and it will make all our lives much simpler.

When I was at Yale, I was part of a number of little groups, and one group was mentored by this old man (a retired professor in the history department) whose views really opened my eyes. He said "People who are Awake owe no more to those who slumber than the quick owe to the dead".

Some people spend so much time worrying about the "rights" of those who are too lazy or dull witted to catch on that they wind up making themselves miserable. Those of us who have wings were meant to soar, not to crawl along the ground with the rest of the cattle.

Many of the "conspiracies" painted in such sinister colors (the NWO, etc) will really be blessings for those of us who think and feel in full vibrant color and what becomes of those who see grey and eat gruel is of no consequence to us. All will be treated humanely so long as they cooperate, but those of us who have talent and insight will be rewarded. I tell you the truth.

It's like the so called "economic crisis". Those of us with any kind of foresight have been making the right kinds of investments (dumping real estate, buying precious metals) for some time now. If the hordes need to be brought to their knees for their own good, it's none of our affair. Similarly the use of religious and social issues to render more malleable the teeming masses is no vice, in the end it's for their own good.

I just want those of us who are Awake to feel no shame in it, to luxuriate in the radiance of full consciousness and to have faith that all works for the best of those who deserve it.

Take it from the longhaired libertarian.

Rock 'n roll.

Have you eve served in the Armed Forces or Government?

Eye of Eagle

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
Maya, your signature says it better than any of us ever could.

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes" - Mahatma Gandhi

What that means is that your "wakefullness" is all for nothing if you don't allow others to go through the same process of waking up through "trial and error" (ie mistakes).

Nice sig,

Peace

You're so right and I can't believe I spent a few posts saying what could have been said in one sentence! Thank you for pointing it out.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The only true source of joy is from knowledge. That joy will last forever.
Emotional, intellectual joy, will fade away quickly, as emotions and ideas fade away.
Why depend on affections?
Helping others is an idea, an emotion. When you fail to help, where is your joy from helping? Is it still there?

Those who believe that there are no awakened and asleep, what do they actually claim? All are the same, all are what? Happy, miserable, what???

This is a very transparent trick to shut up those who know better than they.

But the other side of this medal is that those who live in ignorance have made their choice, and this is exactly what releases the wise ones to go without turning their heads.

Good riddance!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
About your post on if we owe those less fortunate anything. You owe them everything... because you are them. Do you believe in karma or luck... i personaly dont.
I could very well have been born in your shoes and you in mine. Maybe you fail to see how much this makes us the same, and why i owe you everything i have and know. Life hasnt crafted perfect lives for all of us to reach such a greater understanding of reality... so i will do my best to give all those who missed out, a chance to see what i do.... it is what i was givin and it is what everyone deserves. For we are all truly equal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join