It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these mysterious stones mark the site of the Garden of Eden?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Carbon-dating shows that the complex is at least 12,000 years old, maybe even 13,000 years old.

Carbon dating? on the rocks? i would have thought they would use something else to date the rocks, specially for old rocks like the ones described here, but who knows, it bothers me thought, most people think everything can be dated by using radio carbon dating, which is not true
But anyway, it sounds interesting, but i guess i'll have to look somewhere else for more serious approach to the site excavations and a more respectable source for info..

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Kaifan]

Oops, I'm not going to be really popular here but, I agree with you. The article seemed to me like a semi-sensationalist way of advertising a book.
I personally don't believe in the real Garden of Eden, I only think that it is a metaphor of a place where humans were clean of spirit......and.... I have my suspicions on the date. I am almost betting that they will come forward in the future with a new date for this site, and that it will turn out to be more recent than what was mentioned in the article.

My deux cents.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Here we have a fascinating scientific find that can help us better understand the story of humanity and some people have to impose religious myths on it.

Take the advice form your own bible and put away childish things such as religious mythology and fantastic fairy tales. Quit denying observable scientifically testable and verifiable evidence and quit twisting it to fit your preconceived ideas.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Garden of Eden? A myth. One might as well call it the location of Pandora's Box or Asgard or any one of the myriads of religious fairy tails.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Henry Fnord]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Hello Wise One's,
E'den was a sumerian poduce center found north of kuwait Southern Mesopotamia, there was a privet garden that the Anunnaki (Thouse from Heaven too Earth came) kept the well known Tree Of Life, food of the gods, also known as The Star Fire.
Atabba and Ava jointly as the Adama or as we call them now Adam and Eve ate from the tree not of this world and became the first half breeds to become self aware.
So sorry Eden has already been found...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No, they don't. Well, not unless angellic guards rushed out and slaughtered whoeever got too close.
Garden of Eden is a story, a myth, and not at all real. Since using the Bible against itself, you would have to have angel guardians outside of it killing any human who strayed too close or tried to re-enter as the Bible says. Sorry. Article drew the eye though hehe.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Good and important find. This should give the disbelievers in Ancient, advanced civilizations some painful but good brain-workout.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

an excellent post and quite thought provoking. do you think history could be repeating itself , the build up of an empire then a collapse back to living off the land

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts about the megaliths, did anyone else think of the theme from "2001" A Space Odysey" when they looked at the stones? Funny how art imitates life.

What really strikes me though is the date of these stones. Between 12,000 and 13,000 years old. Or in other words, 10,500 BC. It is really striking how the date of 10,500 BC pops up with these types of megaliths. Something happened back at that time, something very big, so big that virtually every culture on earth at the time felt moved to commemorate it by building huge monoliths. Whatever it was, science is now aware of the importance of the date, and is now looking for more evidence for what happened then. I am hoping that we will find out within my lifetime.

When I look at the relief carvings, I see that they are very sophisticated and have a highly developed style to them. So, there must be more to be found. I agree with those who said that this type of work takes practice to develop and so we should be looking for the earlier representations. I would also say that the monoliths have a defined shape, with corners, edges, tops, etc. This is early architecture and this is not a representation of a first generation architecture. So, there must be older structures to be found.

The article says that these structures were deliberately buried. There are a couple of reasons that I can think of that would cause a people to deliberately bury structures like these.

They could be tombs, and if so, they would likely be buried or at least built into recesses. If the people who built them had a highly developed death culture, like the Egyptians, then these stuctures could represent dwellings for the dead and might be buried.

If the original builders were conquered by someone else, then these structures might be buried to protect them, or to hide them. Or, the conquerers could bury them to erase the memory of the builders. This would be in keeping with the area being declared taboo.

The other possibility is that the site was buried by natural causes.

When I look at the animals depicted in the carvings. I am thinking that the symbols remind me more of Noah than of Adam and Eve. There is a snake, sure, but there are birds, mammals, and maybe even a dinosaur depicted. This looks more like the animals in a box of animal crackers. It is an interesting coincidence that the legendary ark is rumored to be on top of Mt. Ararat in Turkey.

Whoever these people were, they had a highly developed sense of art and architecture. This type of culture usually takes centuries to develop and leaves evidence behind. There should be many more discoveries coming soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Henry Fnord

You said, "Take the advice form your own bible and put away childish things such as religious mythology and fantastic fairy tales. Quit denying observable scientifically testable and verifiable evidence and quit twisting it to fit your preconceived ideas."

Really? Because I find it to be the case that many scientists wrap their discoveries in religeous icons. A great case in point is the remains of a female proto-human (actually made from the bones of at least 20 different individuals) Eve. Now, who is to blame for that? It seems that the scientists who made the discovery were trying to make a statement about religion or at the very least to draw a parallel between science and religion.

Other scientific disciplines are also guilty of the same thing. The Quantum Mechanics crowd, Astrophysics, and Archeology have all done it and continue to do it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
this whole argument over religion and science seems like more obfuscation of the relevance of this discovery and others like it. call it the Garden of Eden, if you wish (I don't buy it, though I actually am a Christian), call it a burial ground, call it monuments built after the flood (many flood myths all over the world, not just in the Bible), call it a garbage dump for all I care.

it's still an incredible find and points again to how little we know of our history, how myths seem to hold a seed of truth, but we have no idea what the real tree looks like.

there's evidence the sphinx was built appx. 10500 BC. they're dating this, at least for now, in the same time period. there are mysterious megalithic and temple sites all over the world. what about the ICA stones of Peru?

ICA stones of Peru

we don't know nearly as much as "we" think we do, and anyone who refutes this is an egoist.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
A couple of thoughts about the megaliths, did anyone else think of the theme from "2001" A Space Odysey" when they looked at the stones? Funny how art imitates life.

I was thinking that when I read the article, and I agree with the fact that the stones age is a huge find, in of the fact that conventional wisdom places the first "real"civilizations at only approximately 6000BCE.

If indeed this *is* the Garden of Eden, it would most certainly begin to explain the origins of the mythos and the stories that came after it. My personal feeling is that all myths, no matter how out there, had or have a bais in truth somewhere, maybe not yet found..

Just my 2.35 cents (1 with deflation)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

We all associate what we find anew with what we know. Perhaps those stones may have been build for a fortress.. or some hermit built it to escape his tormentors or get closer to nature.

One persons observation, or many, does not make it fact. We can all speculate. Grasping at a solution without concrete proof is looking for answers where there are none.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think we need to get over thinking that the Garden of Edin was a geographical place. It is any allegory.
The human sacrifices likely came about because the "gods" ate people.
There is no way humans would come up with such an idea by themselves.
It was also used as a methof od population control.

Cataclysm - Yes!

When the Earth Nearly Died
Compelling Evidence of A Catastrophic World Change 9,500 BC
(c) 1995 by By D S Allan and J B Delair. 386pp.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Republished in 1997 as
"Cataclysm : Compelling Evidence of a Cosmic Catastrophe in 9500 B. C."

When the Earth Nearly Died carefully documents the fascinating story - which has never been told before in such detail - of how this Golden Age of peaceful conditions and equable climates ended traumatically in a tremendous catastrophe about 11,500 years ago. This was part of a cataclysm which disturbed the whole solar system, destroyed at least one sizable planet and its satellite, and also severely devastated Mars and Earth.

Among the fundamental geophysical effects experienced by Earth were a massive fracturing of the crust, a realignment of Earth's axis, elevation of new mountains, and widespread rearrangement of land and sea. These changes were accompanied by an appalling global conflagration, a gigantic flood, and what has been described as 'collapsed sky' conditions. A bombardment by debris from the disintegrated satellite of the destroyed planet added to the worldwide chaos.

cataclysm

This is a book well worth reading. I explains a lot of our geographical mysteries.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Henry Fnord
Here we have a fascinating scientific find that can help us better understand the story of humanity and some people have to impose religious myths on it.

There is at least a grain of truth in everything, a drop in the ocean is still a drop.

Garden of Eden? A myth. One might as well call it the location of Pandora's Box or Asgard or any one of the myriads of religious fairy tails.

Careful now, you dont know that those things dont/didnt exist at one point.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I would agree that almost all stories originate from someone's personal experiences. These stories become legends and the legends become myths. I thought that it was a basic axiom of archaeology that all myths have a basis in fact.

I am also aware of modern literature and the invention of the novel, science fiction, etc. However, these are modern inventions that became possible only after the printing press made literature cheap and available.

In ancient times carving something in stone took a lot of time and resources, so cultures only carved their most important stories and legends and not for entertainment purposes.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of Stephen Mehler? Who dates the Sphinx in Egypt as possibly over 50,000 years when is was called Khemit before it was called Egypt. There is a youtube and google video of him explaining it plus his site and books too of course.

The Pyramids are said to predate Egypt also as there isn't one hieroglyph in all of Egypt showing them being built by the Egyptians.

The Temple of Osiris also predates the cataclysm or great flood too. It also has "Laser" etched symbols of the flower of life deep into the granite which apparently cannot be recreated with today's current technology with the same precision.

Fascinating stuff though.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
An interesting find indeed smokingman a star and flag for you!
This may not be Eden but it very possibly maybe the closest that we come to an actual location.

Umm read this. This is the best and most accurate evidence for where the bible is. I mean the garden of Eden. LOL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Quiintus]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

While reading the article, I was struck with how similar it was to this Fortean Times article by Sean Thomas. I was just beginning to think that the author of the Mail article had plagiarised it, when I realised that the author's name - 'Tom Knox' (incorrectly credited at the start of the story as 'Tom Cox') - is a pseudonym used by Sean Thomas for writing fiction. In fact, the Daily Mail article seems to be a promo for Knox/Thomas's new fiction novel, The Genesis Secret (Amazon UK now, and available for pre-order on Amazon US).

Sorry guys

Source: The Daily Grail.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here's a video of a show I saw just recently.

They discuss the stones mentioned in the OP plus a lot more.

Quite a good watch for those interested in the subject.

Link

Skip to around the 19 minute mark to see the stones.

(Hopefully it works for people outside of Australia)

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Branjo
Has anyone heard of Stephen Mehler? Who dates the Sphinx in Egypt as possibly over 50,000 years when is was called Khemit before it was called Egypt. There is a youtube and google video of him explaining it plus his site and books too of course.

The Pyramids are said to predate Egypt also as there isn't one hieroglyph in all of Egypt showing them being built by the Egyptians.

The Temple of Osiris also predates the cataclysm or great flood too. It also has "Laser" etched symbols of the flower of life deep into the granite which apparently cannot be recreated with today's current technology with the same precision.

Fascinating stuff though.

Egypt was what the Greeks named it, it's not what the real Egyptians called it. Late Egyptians called it Hikuptah which is pronounced Memphis in English which came from an older name Hat-ka-Ptah.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join