It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these mysterious stones mark the site of the Garden of Eden?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk

By Tom Cox
Last updated at 1:26 AM on 28th February 2009

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

For the old Kurdish shepherd, it was just another burning hot day in the rolling plains of eastern Turkey. Following his flock over the arid hillsides, he passed the single mulberry tree, which the locals regarded as 'sacred'. The bells on his sheep tinkled in the stillness. Then he spotted something. Crouching down, he brushed away the dust, and exposed a strange, large, oblong stone.

The man looked left and right: there were similar stone rectangles, peeping from the sands. Calling his dog to heel, the shepherd resolved to inform someone of his finds when he got back to the village. Maybe the stones were important.

They certainly were important. The solitary Kurdish man, on that summer's day in 1994, had made the greatest archaeological discovery in 50 years. Others would say he'd made the greatest archaeological discovery ever: a site that has revolutionised the way we look at human history, the origin of religion - and perhaps even the truth behind the Garden of Eden.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is most likely one of the oldest human buildings ever found

Yet it was only discovered in 1994 again by accident this time by a sheppard boy

quite and interesting read too.

calling it the garden of eden is a big stretch but.

please flag and tag this for fellow members

peace&hope
SM

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-2-2009 by smokingman2006]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

S & F smokingman as this is a very interesting find. The fact that these stones are over 12,000 years old is amazing. Notice snakes and reptiles are yet again seen as important in our history. Other animals are carved too. The carving has been done with great skill too.

Is this the Garden of Eden? Not sure but its a very good condender Id say. Thats if the garden of Eden actually was a physical garden in the first place.

Interesting, thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that these stones are as old as the 'other' theoretical date of the Pyramids and the Sphinx - being 10500 BC (based on erosion patterns).

I seriously cannot see how mainstream archaeologists can be so blind to what is so obvious.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You know I think the garden of Eden just refers to a particular nice place on earth at the time.
I don't think it was all magical and mysterious.
Many places on the earth right now that could resemble a garden of Eden.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I wonder why this was discovered and known about since 2004, but are only getting out to the people now... Or was there mention of this elsewhere before now?

And, I would be highly skeptical of such a finding. Haven't the same certain people been 'writing' our history for us, for a long time?
Think about it....

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
OK with everyone flagging this thread so quickly...

Can I just ask if I am the only one that read the whole article, seeing discrepancies (sp?) in the story???

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The title is misleading but thats not the OP's fault.

Eden as used in the news story is a metaphor, not the actual site of a Biblical Eden. The scholars use the term to refer to when humans were still hunter-gatherers, prior to the Agricultural Revolution.

Regardless of the title, the story itself is quite fascinating.

Here we have megaliths with complex artwork dating back over 13,000 years ago. This is older than Jericho, which dates back to 11,000 years ago.

Even more interesting is the fact the site was intentionally buried beneath artificial hills 10,000 years ago and no one knows why. This leads me to wonder how many other sites dating back over 10,000 years are sitting under some pasture, farmland or what we thought were naturally formed hills. Sites buried under tons of earth, forbidden and forgotten by the people that built them.

I think this is only the proverbial tip of the iceberg of whats out there and waiting to be discovered.

[edit on 28/2/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
OK with everyone flagging this thread so quickly...

Can I just ask if I am the only one that read the whole article, seeing discrepancies (sp?) in the story???

I flagged it because it was so interesting, and by flagging it , draws attention to it, and then its up for debate, and attracts posters such as you
I agree question everything. Maybe the site has been kept from the public eye until now to protect it, to prevent theft of such an ancient site.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
No. the georgraphical location of the old Biblical Garden of Eden of Adam and Even is now called the city of Samarkand.

Unfortunately, simply going there will not bring back what existed then. The journey to the exalted condition which you seek involves travelling through multiple dimensions of reality and fighting off demons on your path.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yes, this is very interesting. Especially how they purposely buried it.
Definitely going to change some people's thinking.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks Mike that makes sense to me.
I think perhaps 10000 years ago is pre some kind of event that could have easily covered up the place.
Like volcano's or Asteroid collisions.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Considering the dating and timeframe suggested for the apochalyptic end to Altantis, it almost makes one wonder if the cataclysm led to the burying of sites like these, or were they deliberately hidden to keep Atlantis, Lemuria, and Mu away from the light of day?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Superb, I love reading articles like this...

It just shows how little we know - I wonder what else they will find in and around this area. Let's hope we find out soon. S&F.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

If there was a cataclysmic fall of prehistoric civilization and humanity fell back into barbarism, that may help explain why the site was buried.

I suspect people would of blamed the site and what it represented in face of catastrophe. Also bizarre is the evidence of mass human sacrifice at a near by site.

I suspect there is more to this story, the fall, than we yet know. I personally think its far bigger than just the transition to agriculture.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Yet again the Urantia book's content is verified from latest scientific discoveries. Read about the Garden of Eden and the evolution of human civilisation.

Alexandros

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
what a fascinating find......

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Earth was Eden, before us humans came here!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
These people didn't just sit down and decided to make this articulate carvings, it would take alot of practice and know how to do that. So my question is if these are the oldest human carvings where are some of their earlier works?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
These people didn't just sit down and decided to make this articulate carvings, it would take alot of practice and know how to do that. So my question is if these are the oldest human carvings where are some of their earlier works?

Probably buried like these were.

It was only mere chance (or Providence) that the site was discovered. Who knows what else is buried out there?

[edit on 28/2/09 by MikeboydUS]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join