It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Only the lawful follow the laws, so for the criminals it will be business as usual. And even then people find other ways to hurt and kill, so eventually you get to the point that everything is banned and we just sit around in the dark taking prozac and rocking ourselves to sleep thinking happy-happy pharmaceutical thoughs.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It is already a criminal offense to commit a crime with a firearm. That is LAW. Already. Enforce it.
You tell me what this law will change for the common criminal, thug, or otherwise person who is bent on doing something bad/wrong/illegal.? NOTHING except make the INNOCENT LAW ABIDING AMERICANS that are victims of these criminals LESS ABLE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILY AND THEIR PROPERTY.
I don't care about your tree-hugging pray everyone is nice utopian fantasy world. Save it. This is the real world. This is reality. Reality is harsh.
Save your "my property is not worth someone's life" speech. If that is how you feel give me your address and I will arrange to come pick up all your posessions being as how you won't do anything about it.
My property, I don't care if it is a GUITAR PICK, is mine. I WILL PROTECT IT from ALL FORMS of THEIVES AND CRIMINALS.
MY life means more to me than ANY OTHER LIFE. I WILL PROTECT MINE. YOU DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH YOURS.

IF ANYONE thinks this will stop crime they need an examination.

Am I wrong in thinking ANYTHING you could use to "assault" someone, is, by definition, an "assault weapon"?

Better get ready to hand over your shovels, axes, baseball bats, forks, towels, ....you know what, if that's what you are willing to accept being forced on you , then just walk out beside the road, get down on your knees and put your hands behind your head. The new gestapo will be by later to pick you up, they might let you live for going so willingly. Maybe they need some house-help.
I think it is high time some people decide if they are Americans or slaves.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

First it is our constitutional right, second we need weapons so we can protect ourselves from things like this happening.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.historyplace.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

*warning graphic images*
www.therealcuba.com...

And of course the Drug War raging in Mexico that can spill over the boarder at anytime. The people in Mexico are not allowed to own weapons. And subsequently they can not defend themselves from mass murders with guns.

And yes any of those things can happen. Nobody is immune.

The Cuba one is from the revolution. This doesn't happen anymore in Cuba. Sorry i had to jump on this. My parents are Cuban's and as much as they hate Castro, even they would reject this as common place there.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Like we didn't see this coming. All you gun owners that voted for Obama and claimed he wouldn't do something like this should be ashamed of yourselves. The mad rush at every gun dealer has been justified. I'll be spending what I can now. His next target will be the ammunition.

I almost can't believe the blatant lies out of Obama's mouth and how the sheeple get in line and praise him. Our freedoms are being pulled out from under us a lot quicker than they were under Bush. Obama is the type of President that you will fear when he has the powers that Bush obtained for the federal government.

I have never heard so much talk of revolution in my life. The media mentions a peaceful revolution but things are boiling under the surface.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

It won't solve anything, but on the other hand, it will punish law-abiding gun owners. There are probably close to 200 million firearms in the hands of over 100 million Americans. Only a tiny fraction of those people are committing crimes and those that are...most of them didn't acquire their weapon through legal means. So how does this stop anything?

Furthermore, you state that pistols are 'harmless', which unfortunately demonstrates the real problem: gun-ban proponents have no idea what they are talking about. Nearly 80% of all yearly US firearm-related homicides are committed with *handguns*. You are statistically just as likely to be killed riding a bicycle down the street as you are by someone armed with a rifle of any kind, let alone an assault rifle. Additionally, a homicide victim is three times more likely to have been killed from a knife wound than a rifle of any kind in the US. 35% of all US homicides are not committed with any kind of firearm, period.

So again, why ban assault rifles? They're obviously not the problem. The real issue that causes violent crime in most cases is poverty and economic distress, which leads to desperation. Until you solve that problem, violent crime will not decline at all. In the best case scenario, they'll just switch to another weapon, but more likely, it won't make a dent in the (already) illegal firearms trade.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by vor78]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm going to post this again since some people are obviously not watching it. (Glares at last page.)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6

His next target will be the ammunition.

That's the only one that really scares me.

When they work their way around to taxing ammunition, it's game over for gun owners.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I was using it as an example of what could happen, none of it was to be meant about what is happening now, it is what could be a possibility of happening. And what has happened, not an on going re-occurring theme.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I want to point out that the phrase assault weapon is clearly a propaganda term.

It's redundant - a primary purpose of all weapons is potentially to be used during 'assaults'. Calling a weapon an 'assault weapon' is a political ploy to evoke negative, violent connotations. This is similar to the ambiguous use of the term 'automatic weapon' to refer to both full- and semi- automatic handguns, which are 99.9% of all handguns in existence.

Wiki says an 'assault weapon' is:

1. (US) Any select fire firearm that allows semi-automatic and fully automatic operation, and is used or was once used by a military organization.
2. (US) A semi-automatic firearm that resembles a military weapon.

They might just as well define it as "any weapon that looks scary on television or in news photographs."

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow.

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

More nonsense from Washington. I wonder what that meeting looked like.

"What would you like rolled out today?"
"Well, how about the gun ban?"
"Is that wise, sir? There was a large backlash the last time."
"Considering that we have a populace that is acquiring more weapons than our current armed forces in war zones and we are about to tell them that the economy is going to hell in a handbasket. Their money will be worth nothing, their homes will be worth nothing, they will be losing their jobs, and they are basically screwed, uhm YEAH!"
"Well, you may not want to say all out gun ban. We may want to ease it out like mention an assault weapons ban."
"Is there a difference?"
"No."
"Sounds good. Make it happen"

link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Would this count as a scary weapon?

link   
Will the NRA support them again like they did with the previous ban?

The NRA are just a bunch of gun grabbing pieces of garbage.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If the Obama regime could even find anyone to confiscate the weapons (most of the military and LEO don't like him either, if any of you hang out at lightfighter. net you know what I mean) they are totally outgunned.

They have no idea how much ordinance has been in "storage" since the machine gun ban in 1968. Just waiting for the right time.

The amount of arms bought prior to and after the Clintonista ban is beyond enormous.

The arsenal the American people have just acquired after the election is staggering and continuing. Every time I go to the store the racks are bare of anything semi-auto and ammo is hard to buy in bulk.

These constitutionally protected arms of self defence have not been purchased to be used as paperweights or wall-hangers.

Be warned, if they can't push hard enough to get a response to further their agenda they will false flag it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I'll support the NRA for their causes sometimes but they are hypocrites in so many ways. They have supported gun bans on more they one occasion.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Not good, AT ALL! I told a few of my conservative friends they were being paranoid, and that Obama will leave guns alone. Now I have to eat my crow.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

Hey it happens. This is why we need to follow the constitution and not a political party. Screw political parties.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93
If the Obama regime could even find anyone to confiscate the weapons (most of the military and LEO don't like him either, if any of you hang out at lightfighter. net you know what I mean) they are totally outgunned.

They have no idea how much ordinance has been in "storage" since the machine gun ban in 1968. Just waiting for the right time.

The amount of arms bought prior to and after the Clintonista ban is beyond enormous.

The arsenal the American people have just acquired after the election is staggering and continuing. Every time I go to the store the racks are bare of anything semi-auto and ammo is hard to buy in bulk.

These constitutionally protected arms of self defence have not been purchased to be used as paperweights or wall-hangers.

Be warned, if they can't push hard enough to get a response to further their agenda they will false flag it.

Just watch someone rob a bank with fully automatic weapons again like they did in California afew years back:

That would give them total authority out of nowhere to do it. Just like the government to punish 300+ million Americans because of 2 nut jobs.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

Here is your cow sir.
Please enjoy.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Honestly, I think that is a line in the sand that people will stand up for.

They will try an all out gun ban, but then it will go to the supreme court and see what that ruling is. If it is not favorable I think the first shot of revolution 2.0 will be going off.

Many Many Many people are ticked off the way this country is heading.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Here is your cow sir.
Please enjoy.

He said "crow", not cow!!

Mmmmmmm......cow!!! (making Homer Simpson noises)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join