It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rogue Warrior

Check this video out. It could happen to the US if they throw our Bill of Rights our the window!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by Rogue Warrior

Check this video out. It could happen to the US if they throw our Bill of Rights our the window!

the only thing i can say is, "they cling to their guns and religion". mr obama might want to remember his own quote before putting this bill up to congress because guns stick to our country like glue, good luck taking them.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, well, well. If this is true, and this continues to pave the way towards a total gun ban, then America and the true American people have lost it all.

I sure hope it's worth it, because it's definitely gonna make some waves.

Remember, it's for your safety, citizens.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
They can take my guns from my cold dead hands!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm sure that is the contingency plan, tentickles.

There should have been a power outage in america, from the force of the wind from the people screaming "HELL NO YOU WON'T".

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How about Barry asks everyone who owns a gun to provide the public service he wants and both patrol the border and toss out any illegal aliens running around?

"I will not take your guns..."

"These aren't the droids you are looking for..."

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
LOL!

They can't even enforce the laws they have.

Worthless politicians trying to justify there worthless existence.

How much is this going to cost us trying to push this through?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
great idea. take the guns away so texas and arizona has nothing to defend itself against the mexican cartel invasions.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

IMO it makes sense that American Citizens have the right to bear arms that are equivelant to what other countries are capable of getting. What happens when all the troops are overseas in Afganastan and Iraq and Mexican drug cartels win their little war and decide to invade? We'll be S.O.L. if this ban is passed.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

Ha that was great. Seems they are doing the jedi mind trick whenever they can on the US people.

"This stimulus will work..."

"I am a good president, I wont mess with your rights..."

"Move along, move along."

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm sure Chavez, China and Russia will be more than happy to supply Mexico with as many weapons as they need. Why would they want to go through all the trouble of converting that semi-auto American model when they can get a full auto AK-47 from our communist buddies?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

It's to disarm us before they insight martial law when the sheeple realize our countries economy is doomed to fail.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
heh I guess I'm the only one who thinks otherwise on this board, which scares me, I just can't understand the obsession with guns in the United States. Most of you will reply to this post in the following way: Its for our own security, self defense and so on.... Now if there were no guns allowed like in any other developed country, you wouldn't have the need for self defense and you wouldn't have to be afraid of your neighbour. Rather try to use your body for self defense, there are several ways to go about this, and its all you need.
Ban those assault weapons, only allow small and harmless pistols which are only allowed to be obtained with a "hard to get" license. Now at this point you will see crimes going down drastically, you wouldn't have to worry about someone pointing a gun at your head, plus its bad karma owning a gun and using one here and there.

Although the reason for the ban is more than lame. The reasons I stated above make more sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
They can take my guns from my cold dead hands!

Thats what I mean btw with obsession!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well we all knew that Obama was a worthless, lying, bastard when he said just a few weeks ago that:

"Your guns are safe".

No Obama, my guns are IN the safe.

So even with the economy in ruins and 2 wars raging, one of Holder's very first acts is to start drafting gun bans.

Like I said, we all knew it was coming - now let the REAL panic buying begin.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Lets me counter your point with my point.

If citizens do not have guns...
Do you think that will stop criminals from getting them?

NO

Sorry friend, even if they out right banned guns we would still be fighting the criminals who can get them at any time.

And it's not an obsession. Americans are very proud when it comes to our Constitution and Bill of Rights. For goodness sake we fought a War over those two pieces of paper, we would fight for them again if they were threatened.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

i cannot believe they are using violence in Mexico as a rationale for curtailing the civil liberties of US citizens -- basically, Holder is saying Customs has failed to control the borders, and ATF has failed to control gun trafficking, and Mexico has failed to contain/manage their own internal violence --> therefore, constitutionally-guaranteed rights in the United States must be curtailed.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
heh I guess I'm the only one who thinks otherwise on this board, which scares me, I just can't understand the obsession with guns in the United States. Most of you will reply to this post in the following way: Its for our own security, self defense and so on.... Now if there were no guns allowed like in any other developed country, you wouldn't have the need for self defense and you wouldn't have to be afraid of your neighbour. Rather try to use your body for self defense, there are several ways to go about this, and its all you need.
Ban those assault weapons, only allow small and harmless pistols which are only allowed to be obtained with a "hard to get" license. Now at this point you will see crimes going down drastically, you wouldn't have to worry about someone pointing a gun at your head, plus its bad karma owning a gun and using one here and there.

Although the reason for the ban is more than lame. The reasons I stated above make more sense.

where do you live? because if you live in britain, good luck not getting stabbed. Britain has a total ban on guns, it doesnt matter, criminals are criminals and will find a way to get weapons. If the population does not have weapons then they cant defend themselves against these people.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Rather try to use your body for self defense, there are several ways to go about this, and its all you need.

Really? I think Mr Smith and Mr Wesson will defeat any know form of martial arts devised. Unless you're Chuck Norris.

Ban those assault weapons, only allow small and harmless pistols which are only allowed to be obtained with a "hard to get" license.

Small and harmless pistols? Ever been shot? A weapon isn't "harmless".

Now at this point you will see crimes going down drastically, you wouldn't have to worry about someone pointing a gun at your head, plus its bad karma owning a gun and using one here and there.

Well, I'm sure the criminals, who don't obey the law, will keep that in mind.

Your entire post made zero sense. Sorry, Gus.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

First it is our constitutional right, second we need weapons so we can protect ourselves from things like this happening.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.historyplace.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

*warning graphic images*
www.therealcuba.com...

And of course the Drug War raging in Mexico that can spill over the boarder at anytime. The people in Mexico are not allowed to own weapons. And subsequently they can not defend themselves from mass murders with guns.

And yes any of those things can happen. Nobody is immune.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join