It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I'm sure if you stood by the side of the road with a sign that reads:
Honk for the Constitution!

You would blow your ear drums out.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Or even better you had a sign that says:
Honk if you believe the Government is stepping all over The Bill of Rights!

On a billboard!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Since the last bunch of gun grabbing liberals also tagged on a high capacity magazine ban with the assault weapon ban, I wonder if they will go down that road too.

As the owner of many labelled "Law Enforcement Only" magazines that became legal to own in 2004, how are they going to re-label them this time around?

So it took the bastards how long, 7 weeks to work their way around to this.

They are obviously more interested in punishing conservatives than helping the country.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Sorry to say this but indicating and actually doing it is two difference things.

Just like the Secretary of transportation that try to push a New gas tax

to be told that he could not by Obama I see the same thing with this proposition by General Attorney Eric holder

I think that the Obama administration in views of the financial crisis and the instability of the nation Will avoid anything that will make the population unhappy.

As we know America loves their gun rights, so this one will not fly anytime soon.

But I may be mistaken, still I will wait until is a reality.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You all have valid points there, although I start with another question, would you pull the trigger and take a human life, no matter how much in danger you are? Its easy to say yes, but would you? I wouldn't, I couldn't, even if my own life was at stake.

I'm well aware that criminals will find several ways in obtaining guns illegally, and already do, that's everywhere the case, that won't stop even with a complete ban, absolutely right! I live in Germany and I never had the need for a gun before, although I was attacked by a knife ones, but thanks to martial arts I was able to defend my self with my own hands. I'm quite proud to have never touched a real gun and I want it to stay that way. We should act as a model of peace and not as a person who is owning a weapon of great destructive power. Its like saying we don't want all those nukes, but if others have them we need to have them too. Be the first one to put your gun in the trash can, and maybe others will do the same, deliver a message of peace and not of fear.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yes, yes.

That would give me a warm fuzzy feeling all over. I wouldn't be able to hear for a little while but that would be Ok.

You know instead of banning our guns why doesn't Mexico do something about the corruption in their government.

A lot of the death squads working for the cartels are Mexican Special Forces. That is where they are getting all this heavy artillery. The corrupt Mexican army keeps selling them to them.

I guess 'cop killer' bullets means hollow points. What bull.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
LOL, every time I read these posts I just have to laugh. We have been losing our rights slowly ever since the beginning of the country.

Do we have the right to free speech?

NOPE! Because if you speak on something that might hurt the government you are locked up, or offed or whatever.

Do we have the right to bare arms?

SURE! But only ones that cannot be used for what the constitution says we can use them for!!!!!!!!!

Do we even have the right to choose whether or not to wear a stupid seat belt?!?!?!?!

SURE! But you will be in alot of trouble if you never wear one. That is alot of tickets to pay!

_________

It does not suprise me that we cannot own certain guns. We really dont own anything. We are not allowed too. The government owns everything. They have the "right" to take your car, your home, everything you own, INCLUDING YOURSELF!, away from you and as of right now there is nothing you can do about it.

Except fight back.

Hence the gun ban........

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
You all have valid points there, although I start with another question, would you pull the trigger and take a human life, no matter how much in danger you are? Its easy to say yes, but would you? I wouldn't, I couldn't, even if my own life was at stake.

I'm well aware that criminals will find several ways in obtaining guns illegally, and already do, that's everywhere the case, that won't stop even with a complete ban, absolutely right! I live in Germany and I never had the need for a gun before, although I was attacked by a knife ones, but thanks to martial arts I was able to defend my self with my own hands. I'm quite proud to have never touched a real gun and I want it to stay that way. We should act as a model of peace and not as a person who is owning a weapon of great destructive power. Its like saying we don't want all those nukes, but if others have them we need to have them too. Be the first one to put your gun in the trash can, and maybe others will do the same, deliver a message of peace and not of fear.

Yes. I will take another human beings life. As a hunter I am fully aware I am taking a creatures life when I go hunting. As for a human being I have no problem shooting one if they try to hurt me or mine.

Better to have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushi

We are fighting to keep what little rights we have left.
All of us are fully aware what the government is doing.

It makes me sad to say that but it is true.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well my email went off with a phone call to follow.
" Dear Mr. Grayson, I am writing to you to express my extreme concern for a planned AWB coming up in the form of HR45. As one of your constiuents I am urging you to not vote for this ban. First and foremost the bill as written does not define "assault weapons" clearly as mere cosmetic changes to a hunting rifle can give the impression of a so called "assault" weapon ( i.e. banana clips, plastic heat diffusers , plastic tactical stocks, etc.). The premise behind Mr. Obama's proposal is that it will help curb the influx of illegal weapons flowing into Mexico to be used by the cartels. In every news and print report the problem is not the semi-auto, quasi-assault weapons sold here, rather fully automatic, military-grade weapons and grenades. The last I checked unless you are thoroughly licensed and have a legitimate reson for owning such weapons it is illegal to purchase and own them. Why are the Amercian people being summarily punished for the bad behavior of a neighboring country? Infringing upon OUR constituional rights at a time when our military is deployed overseas is asking for trouble, especially as violence from the same people being cited is spreading across our borders. Mr. Grayson, I emphatically implore you to vote no on this bill and hope that you understand that defending constitutional rights is paramount to allowing knee-jerk domestic policy to pass under the guise of protecting the American people. Regards Charles "

Will be calling later this afternoon when I get home from work.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

unfortunately there is little we can do....... but im with ya

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Star for you my friend. I contacted my representative when I first learned of this bill and am pretty sure he will not vote for it.

Proud Texan's love their boom sticks and no one will take them away.

Wonderful use of wording by the way. You do not read many things of that caliber anymore as the media talks to the dumb people.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

THats funny, you sound like someone I know. Are you in Texas?

On topic: This will pass-regardless of what is said. Last week there was a shooting in Chicago that the Police believed a "assault weapon" was used. This shooting killed three teenagers.

Shooting

This is prolbaly the reason the "O" has suddenly taking an interest in this since he has been busying spending our money. As a part of the Orginial AWB there will be Mag caps as well, and I wouldnt be surprised if this time around they ban Body Armor as well. SO, you better stock up!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ah yes, More of that "Change" that he spoke of. We're changing all right - into a communist nation! WTG sheep for voting this asshat into office!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I freely admit I supported Obama into office, but now have rescinded that opinion of him. I am more and more disappointed by his administration everyday.

I also believe a lot of his supporters are seeing his true side now. His blazing rhetoric isnt going to get him much farther if he doesnt produce and results.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience

that kind of thinking gets you killed literally. if someone tried to kill me hell yes i would kill them, or atleast hope im faster on the trigger.

and coming from germany you shouldnt pass judgement just from the fact that your countries had the quickest buildup of military arms in the shortest amount of time in recent history other than Russia and the US

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

As someone who teaches martial arts and is a gun owner I say that if there is someone out there who is willing to make the commitment to take from you what it yours, such as your life, then you need to be willing to do the same in your defense.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry to say this but indicating and actually doing it is two difference things.

Just like the Secretary of transportation that try to push a New gas tax

to be told that he could not by Obama I see the same thing with this proposition by General Attorney Eric holder

I think that the Obama administration in views of the financial crisis and the instability of the nation Will avoid anything that will make the population unhappy.

As we know America loves their gun rights, so this one will not fly anytime soon.

But I may be mistaken, still I will wait until is a reality.

During the election race Obama said that he was going to crack down on assault weapons, so it's pretty clear that it is part of his agenda.

People who voted for Obama either agreed with him or neglected to find out Obama's motives concerning gun bans.

I agree it won't go over well, but they are good at fooling the "common folk" into acting on fear rather than the constitution.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by TV_Nation]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I believe you are referring to this:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Although I don't like this at all, I can't remember anyone taking my assault rifles when the last ban was in force. There is no shortage of these weapons in the US, so I believe the worst result of this act, if passed, would be to raise the price of all the current assault weapons until this ban expires.

*Note to any would be flamers..... I hate ths type of regulation, but in reality the last ban didn't effect things to any great degree fot most of us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join