It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Web Report Indexes: by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date
National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/30/1950 16:00 (Entered as : 1950-2000 16:00)
Reported: 2/11/2009 8:04:23 PM 20:04
Posted: 3/19/2009
Shape: Disk
Duration:30 seconds

Saucer like disc submerging (p.s. coming out of) from waters, disapears instantaneously, water boils before submerging.

I live on a reservation called Lac Du Flambeau. We have multiple stories of saucer like discs submerging from our lakes and disappearing instantaneously, as one story that was reported more then once.

Their were four men fishing on Flambeau lake. When a complete circle of water started boiling, after 20 seconds or so these men saw a saucer like disc submerge from the water and cause great waves in the area.

They said the saucer levitated off the ground for about 6-10 seconds. After that they saw it travel speeds beyond any aircraft or any sort of object they’ve seen, in a blink of an eye it vanished.

Even many years ago our people been seeing mysterious objects in our sky and we even have a Indian word for an UFO.

Nobody has been able to explain this and there are multiple witnesses.

((NUFORC Note: No specific dates indicated for multiple sightings. PD))

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Occurred : 5/15/1968 23:00 (Entered as : May 1968 23:00)
Reported: 2/7/2009 9:38:02 PM 21:38
Shape: Fireball
Duration:10 minuetes

May 1968 Mediterrainian sea bright lights appeared over the sea performed a number of manuevers and then disappeared.

While serving on board the USS Zellars DD777, while on NATO task force operations, a number of lights that looked like flares rose out of the water off of our port beam. These lights appeared comming up from the sea, (distance indeterminate), rising up and disappearing into the sky. There were five of these objects.

A few seconds later they dropped back into the sea. We thought perhaps they were distress flares from a ship. A few minuetes later they rose out of the sea and performed synchronized manuevers moving up and laterally in perfect formation.

They then rose up into the sky and disapeared. I think the whole episode lasted perhaps two to three minuetes.

The USS Gearing one of our sister ships was initially dispatched when the objects were first sighted to see if they were flares from a ship in distress. However they were no reports of may day calls or missing ships and our combat information center, (CIC), could not get a radar fix on the objects.

The whole incident, (as was par for the course), was never recorded as a UFO sighting but rather as an unsubstantiated ship distress signal.

With regards to the USS Scorpion who were a part of our manuevers, she was most likely sunk by accident by one of the two Soviet subs that followed her out through the Straights of Gibralter into the Atlantic - they were playing "cat and mouse games" and I personally think the incident was an accident.

((NUFORC RESPONSE TO SOURCE OF REPORT))

Dear ((name deleted)),

Thank you very much for the excellent, and interesting, report!
Are you still in touch with members of the crew of the USS Zellars? If so, I would like to invite you to have them submit reports of the incident, as well. We know from experience that different witnesses to the same event often see, remember, and report different aspects of it.
Have you considered the possibility that the Scorpion might have been sunk by the Israelis, or a force in sympathy with their interests? The Israeli submarine, "Dakar," was lost on January 29, 1968, in a fashion which suggests to me that the U. S. might have had a hand in that sinking, given the Israeli attack on the USS Libery on June 08, 1967, an act of war against the U. S.. We might have sunk the Dakar as an act of quiet "quid pro quo."

Thanks, again, for the fine report!

Cordially,

Peter Davenport, Director

NUFORC

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Occurred : 6/22/1976 01:00 (Entered as : 06-22-76 1:00)
Reported: 1/11/2009 5:25:01 PM 17:25
Shape: Light
Duration:15-30 min

A large amber ball of light responding to spotlight.

I will finally write what we saw. My partner and I worked swing shifts most of our lives and would comute from Woodside, Ca. to Boulder Creek, Ca. every night for 20 years or so. Skyline Blvd is a road on the highest point of mountain range that divides the ocean from the bay area. One can see both the ocean (Pescadaro beach [a few miles north of Santa Cruz, Ca.] to Halfmoon bay) and bay area (San Jose, Ca. to San Francisco on a clear night).

On our way home that morning on a beautiful clear nignt with the moon reflecting from the ocean and shining on the bay area, we saw a large amber ball of light rising from the ocean around Pescadero beach area about 15 miles from the top of the ridge (one can see the waves hit the beach) We were on Skyline Blvd around Palo Alto county. I told my partner to stop so we could observe this object. He didn't want to, so I (as passanger) removed the car keys from ignition which made the car stop in a turn out with a clear view on both sides of the range. This object came toward us about 200 yards away and appr. 100 feet above us and stopped. Our Landcruiser had a spotlight on top of roof, so I signaled directly to this object "SOS" and this object would respond moving slowly up, down, sideways, diaganal, the return to it spot. I repeated this signal many, many times and this large amber ball of light would respond the same way each time for about 15-30minutes. Then all of a sudden it went straight up out of sight within a second leaving a com-trail. Of course with no sound.

I have two more incidences which are very interesting around the same area if you are interested.

((NUFORC Note: Source of report indicates that the date of the incident is approximate. PD))

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Occurred : 1/1/2001 18:00 (Entered as : 01012001 18:00)
Reported: 1/23/2009 10:48:18 AM 10:48
Duration:Minutes

.... So, I think you should possibly check into sightings over Camp Pendleton, especially along the coast. On another side note, my fiance was telling me about how she saw a craft rise out of the ocean from her house. She on the other hand, fully believes in greys, white's or blues, whatever color they are referred to as. She is a conspirasist to the utmost degree. Needless to say, I really don't take her seriously, but, she apparently has seen some things while living in Carlsbad that she explains as UFO's. She also said something about Illinois but I hate to say, I kind of tune her out after awhile.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Occurred : 11/15/2008 20:00 (Entered as : 11/??/08 20:00)
Reported: 1/23/2009 3:22:10 AM 03:22
Duration:30 seconds

Green Light over Commencement Bay

Me and a friend both noticed what we thought to be a shooting star until it stopped over the bay reflecting a green light before zig zagging and taking off north faster than possible. the next day morning there was heavy military activity (black helicopters) flying to and from the Port of Tacoma. i heard there is a secret base down on the water somewhere?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Occurred : 12/30/2008 22:00 (Entered as : 12/30/2008 22:00)
Reported: 1/13/2009 8:51:06 AM 08:51
Shape: Other
Duration: on going

Some definite activity off Texas coast ,, have friend with 11 full minutes of activity,, doesnt look earthly,, but national security

We knew we saw something coming out of the gulf horizon in a hurry,, then sit and move alittle ,, hard to describe,, but then my best friend was in her hot tub the other morning and got 15 min,, only 3 min of no action.

Now we are hearing it from friends,, oh yea so and so said it came right up out of the gulf,, and sat, tries to hide among the stars, to avoid passing planes,, by acting like a star, I know this sounds crazy, my husband and I both think so to,, but its real ,, there is a reference point star through the whole activity.

((NUFORC Note: Source of report indicates that the date of the incident is approximate. PD))

[edit on 3/28/2009 by MidEastGui]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date
Occurred : 1/8/2009 05:30 (Entered as : 1/8/09 5:30)
Reported: 1/13/2009 9:03:43 AM 09:03
Shape: Other
Duration:15 minutes

15 minutes of darting and dodging ,, flashing ,, on tape, Matagorda TX

This is when the tape was recorded by my best friend while her and her husband was in the hottub, before daylight,, 15 min long,, 3 min of inactivity,, its like wow,, we have been watching something to,, seems to rise right out of the gulf ,,in a hurry,, then suddenly stops,, acts like it is trying to look like a star,, but its not. Doesnt seem earthly,, but then u gotta think of national security too!! You can see the thrusters,, and then it would react to it.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Occurred : 1/23/2009 22:00 (Entered as : 01/23/09 22:00)
Reported: 1/25/2009 9:46:07 AM 09:46
Shape: Cigar
Duration:30 minutes

Two cigar shaped craft spotted lowering object into the boston side of the charles river.

I saw 2 large cigar shaped craft quickly enter an area over the Charles River basin. The first craft appeared to be glowing red and I would imagine, very hot. At 23:00 I could not get to bed, so I got up to hangout in the living room. Then all of the sudden, I heard an eerie droning sound. Scared, I got up to look out the window. There were 2 craft that seemed to be lowering a kind of large tray in to the river. This lasted for 30 minutes, and then the craft silently sped off to the west. After that period of 30 minutes, I started to feel nauseous and had a headache. I threw up and then went to bed.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
From NUFORC Home Page

Occurred : 1/28/2009 23:07 (Entered as : 01/28/2009 23:07)
Reported: 1/31/2009 11:27:10 AM 11:27
Duration:4-5 minutes

Amphibious light in Wayne, Maine.

I live beside Lake Androscoggin, Wayne.

Upon entering my bedroom I noticed a small light shining into the room from outside the window which moved across the room and disappeared. I first thought nothing of it and presumed it must have been light from a car headlight. Then it happened again, but this time the light moved very quickly and zigzagged through the window.

Thinking that some kids were playing with a torch, I looked out of the window so see the source of the light. I waited there for roughly 40 seconds before I noticed a light 0.5 miles away on the other side of the lake, behind a small wooded area opposite the harbour. It appeared to be a ball of light, perfectly spherical with what I would estimate to have a diameter of 15-20 feet and pulsed slowly.

The sphere moved at a jogging pace and weaved aimlessly through the trees. It would appear to slowly move down to the lakeside and stop there after completing a circuit of the wooded area. The sphere appeared to rotate as it would beam light every 1 minute, which I believe I first saw beaming through my bedroom window.

I woke my wife and she was curious to what it could be, so she went to look in my son’s room for binoculars. By the time she returned to the bedroom the light had stopped, but then over the lake, probable 0.8 miles from the wooded area where we had seen the light, a strobe light flickered and then disappeared over the banks of the lake at 25 mph.

((NUFORC Note: Witness elects to remain totally anonymous; provides no contact information. PD))

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
From Forum:

Unidentified Underwater Object in NY Waters

czarnowica, Mar 21 2009

About six weeks ago a fisherman I know was out in the Ambrose Channel (the main shipping channel between New York and New Jersey) which is very deep - he was out fishing for cod. Suddenly, a huge wake erupted in the water that threatened to overwhelm his boat. He brought up his anchor as quickly as possible and looking up saw what appeared to be a very large black submarine-type craft about 100 yards from him. It was traveling very fast and leaving huge waves in its wake, that nearly capsized his boat. He told me that the object was a matte black with no markings on it and that the portion of it that was above the water was about 200 feet long, but he could see that much of the object remained under water, so it was larger than what was on the surface. He watched it for about a minute before it submerged again. He called the sighting in to the NY Harbormaster and to the Coast Guard - both of whom were polite but clearly skeptical. He even called the nearest US Naval Station to see if maneuvers were being held, and met with nothing but denials.

The man involved is in his late 60s and served in the US Navy - while he never served on a submarine, he is sure that no military sub would surface so close to a small fishing vessel - and if it were indeed on secret maneuvers, it would certainly not show itself to a civilian craft. In addition, the lack of markings of any kind and strange matte black hull struck him as very odd for a military craft. In looking into this matter for him, I have found that the waters around Ambrose Channel and Ambrose Light have a long history of encounters with strange underwter (sic., underwater) objects and "ghost" ships. Any ideas???

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here is a link about the USO cases from Murcia plus Tamames UFO incident, Spain:

LUCES, SERES DE LUZ Y O.V.N.I.'S EN MURCIA (Lights, Light Beings and UFOs in Murcia)

limite51.blogspot.com... - Spanish

(It is about the strange underwater lights off Murcia and some other strange luminous objects submerging into and emerging out of the sea)

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting UFO/USO case of some real radar blips that were moving far faster than anything the witness had seen before, far faster than even our fighter jets.
One of the objects accelerated away from the fighter pilot and dove into the water.
The commander seemed strangely unaffected by this all.
That looks to me as if he was familiar with the phenomenon.

??-??-1989 www.waterufo.net...

US Naval Officer's UFO Experience.

In 1989, I was an officer on the aircraft carrier, USS Midway. After having been off the ship for a couple of weeks to help with the birth of my first child, I joined the ship in the Indian Ocean steaming toward the Gulf of Oman. During this time period, oil tankers had been attacked while going through the Strait of Hormuz.

USS Midway (CV-41)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/446d39af9220.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks to NavSource Naval History: www.navsource.org...

One day, I was standing watch in the CDC (combat direction center). It was my job to over-watch the activity of a crew whose job it was to track the position and movement of all surface contacts (ships) in our vicinity. We never like anybody getting within three miles of us, and we are especially wary when there is a possibility that we may be attacked. I was watching my own radar scope, which happens to be two feet in diameter, very closely, when the sweep of the radar showed three bright returns equally distant from each other.

On the next sweep, there were three blips again. However, they had moved quite a distance. Normally, if a single blip moved that far in a single sweep, I would have taken it as a random high wave crest. But, these three blips were quite strong returns, and they maintained an exact triangular formation. If an aircraft flew low enough, it could sometimes be detected on my "surface" radar which is aimed low to detect ships.

My first thought was that these were three aircraft. But, I had seen aircraft on my screen before, and these blips were moving far faster than anything I had seen before, far faster than even our fighter jets. My second thought was that the blips were missiles. This concerned me a little to say the least. I immediately contacted the other half of CDC which keeps track of the air traffic. I was very certain that they would not have allowed anybody to slip within our perimeter!, which happens to be fifty miles in the air. I asked if our guys were firing any missiles for practice.

I thought this might have been a possibility, especially since the blips weren't moving directly at us. They were coming closer but on a tangent. The air guys didn't have a clue about what I was asking them but said that we were conducting no tests. When the three blips got to what would be their closest point on the tangent, two of the blips made a ninety degree turn away from the ship. The third however, turned directly toward the ship. I was rather excited at the time, but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that about a minute had passed between the time when I first noticed the three blips and when they turned. I was extremely agitated, and since the guys on the air side apparently weren't detecting my bogies, I called to the lookouts on the 1MC (intercom).

We have actual people on the superstructure with binoculars. I told them that we had something coming in at us at a high rate of speed, and I told them what direction it was coming from. I yelled at the commander in charge of the complete CDC telling him what was going on, but the bogie was coming in so fast that there was no time to react. When the bogie got to within one mile of our ship, it suddenly disappeared from my radar scope. I called to the lookouts, but they had seen nothing.

I reported everything to the commander, but his reaction was strange. There was no reaction at all. While contemplating all the things that had just happened, I realized that I couldn't have been tracking missiles. There are none on earth that I know of that can travel at the velocity I saw on my radar screen. Sure, maybe a shuttle in the vacuum of space, but these bogies had to be flying within thirty feet of the surface of the water for my radar to detect them. A few minutes had passed when the three blips appeared again at nearly the same starting point as the first time. I hollered to the commander letting him know they were back. I called to the air side again. Basically, everything repeated almost identically.

After the second run, I was extremely disturbed. Something unidentified could fly to within a mile of us without full detection, without our lookouts seeing it, and with our total inability to do anything about it even with all the might of an aircraft carrier at hand. The commander seemed strangely unaffected.

So, I left my station, walked over to the commander and expressed as calmly as possible the facts and why they were so distressing to me. I said, "Something just got to within one mile of us, and it got there faster than anything I've ever seen. It made course changes that should have been impossible. And, the only way our lookouts couldn't have seen it, is if it dove into the water. How is this possible?" I told him that I was a skeptic but that the only explanation I could think of was that these things might have been UFOs, like flying saucers from another world.

He spoke rather quietly and said that while I had been off the ship, our CDC had detected an unidentified aircraft and that we had launched, what we call, our alert fighter to intercept and identify it. He said that the alert fighter had gotten to within visual range, the pilot saw a metallic glint, when the object accelerated away from him and dove into the water. The pilot flew over the area, but there was no hint of a crash. One of the carrier's escort ships was sent to the area, but not a trace of anything was found. He said he believed that also had been a flying saucer.

I am still an officer in the U.S. Navy, so I am reluctant to reveal very much personal information. I will give corroborating details if necessary. I'm not saying that what I experienced was proof of extraterrestrial visitation, but I am certainly open to the possibility.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is a very remarkable USO case because the object that was seen underwater was photographed.
So what could it be? Was it a conventional submarine or a secret man-made vehicle? Was it a kind of phosphorescent underwater organism? Or was it an advanced submersible craft of alien beings?

08-15-1990 www.waterufo.net...

AMAZING USO ENCOUNTER IN TURKEY: THE ALLEGED UNDERWATER UFO PHOTOGRAPH

USOs or Unidentified Submarine Objects have long been observed in Turkish waters. That is, such crafts are often reported to enter, leave, float or travel under the water of seas, lakes and rivers of Turkey. In this respect, the Aegean Sea, the Marmara Sea and the Mediterranean Sea are very active water regions. Below we would get into some further details of the most interesting USO case of all Turkish UFO literature. Here it is.

In August of 1990, a strange underwater UFO was seen beneath the waters of the Aegean Sea which lies between Turkey and Greece. What makes this USO encounter so special is that it includes a colored picture of an alleged Unidentified Submersible Object as a physical evidence. Furthermore, we should add that the eye-witness and the USO are both under the water. Naturally, there are some amazing photographs, motion pictures and video-clips of USOs showing that these mysterious objects are diving into, emerging from, sailing or cruising under the water. However, there was no single evidential picture indicating that the alleged submarine UFO and the photographer were both beneath the sea at some fathoms. As far as we know, this alleged USO photo is therefore the first example of its kind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eac9bfd5a761.gif[/atsimg]

This spectacular USO case occurred at 14:00 (2 pm.), on 15th of August, 1990. Its exact place was at 57 meters deep of Saros Bay or just around Turkish inland waters of the Aegean Sea. One can easily state that Mr. Erol Erkmen is a very reliable and sincere person who has reported this mysterious underwater object. Mr. Erkmen was engaging in a discovery-dive for an old sunken ship together with his friend, named as Mr. Kemal whose surname has been kept as secret, when he suddenly located the alleged USO there. Mr. Erol Erkmen said that he began to feel very strangely as if they were observed by something. Then he looked ahead and saw a greenish light inside the water. However, this mysterious object disappeared so soon. After a while, Mr. Erkmen again located the green object at his left-hand side. Consequently, he thought that the USO might have been maneuvering around them. He observed it for nearly 3 minutes. Then he decided to take a picture of this strange light using an older underwater Kodak camera. Immediately he did what he had thought. As soon as Mr. Erkmen took a snap-shot of that USO, its light went out. However, they had to come out of the water, since their oxygen was just about to die out. Mr. Erol Erkmen said that when he studied the negative very carefully, he saw nothing. On the other hand, when he looked up the printed photochrome, he located a mysterious greenish light in the picture. For his curiosity, he made this photograph enlarged for 300 times. He then became too embarrassed by seeing that there was a disc-shaped object with some greenish light in the alleged photo.
If so, what was that? Was it a conventional submarine or a secret man-made vehicle? Was it a kind of phosphorescent underwater organism? Or was it an advanced submersible craft of alien beings? Who knows? Every alternative view has its own pros and cons.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You guys are posting more anomalous facts into one post than many in an entire thread. Totally awesome.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This remarkable USO case involved a sighting of two pilots, one of them member of the Police of Puerto Rico of a huge underwater object.
The police officer told us that they decided to examine it, circling the object and discovered, with great amazement, that the object measured at least a mile in diameter. It took them seven minutes to totally circumvent the object!

SM-??-1995 www.waterufo.net...

Reserved Matter: Gigantic UFOs in Our Coasts

Among the incidents of this type that occurred in recent years, which have upset the federal and local authorities in the Island, there are two that we will discuss briefly.

The first one has to do with the sighting, two pilots, one of them member of the Police of Puerto Rico, had in the summer of 1995, of an extraordinary flying saucer type craft in waters south of the municipality of Guayanilla.

In a conversation, the officer, who asked us to maintain his identity as anonymous for the moment, told us what they saw: "That it was incredible - said the officer.

We left in a private Cessna airplane from “Cabo Rojo (West)” to the Airport of Mercedita, in Ponce [south of the Island].

It was about 3:00 PM and it was a beautiful day, sunny, clear, without clouds. We were flying a few miles to the south of Guayanilla, over the sea, and suddenly we saw that object.... It was an incredible sight...There, submerged just below the waters, surface, was an object similar to an enormous flying saucer.

It was submerged, under water, but not very deep, and we could appreciate its details. It was a very big object, round and appeared to be metallic, opaque gray in color, like flat pewter aluminum.

It had four stories, with each smaller in diameter, like a cake, and in each floor it had what seemed to be many square windows. On the top floor or section it had a large dome, very big, also metallic. It seemed to us that it was 400 some feet in diameter. We could not believe what we saw. It was something extraordinary.

The police officer told us that they decided to examine it, circling the object and discovered, with great amazement, that the object measured at least a mile in diameter. It took them seven minutes to totally circumvent the object! The enormous object, in the shape of a disc, was just lying under water without any sign of activity, either in its interior, or outside of it.

With great astonishment and a bit scared, they decided to leave the area, landing later at the “Mercedita” Airport in Ponce. Once there, they told other people about what they saw, and they were told of similar incidents that had occurred in the region.

As it were, a couple of days after the sighting of the great UFO, better described as USO (unidentified submerged object) two fishermen from the area had an impressive encounter with a similar object perhaps the same one, of gargantuan dimensions, that exited from the sea in front of them surrounded by great luminosity. Both fishermen suffered what appeared to be severe radiation burns and were medically treated.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here are all the parts of an Italian documentary named as VOYAGER which gave us some necessary info about the mysterious USO cases during the 78 Adriatic Sea UFO Flap:

VOYAGER PART 1

VOYAGER PART 2

VOYAGER PART 3

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Another Spanish article about the mystery of Silence Triangle of Mediterranean is as follows:

www.emisterios.com...

Enjoy....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Another essay about the Balearic UFO Triangle in Spanish Language:

EL TRIÁNGULO INMORTAL DE LAS BALEARES (THE IMMORTAL TRIANGLE OF BALEARS)

www.telefonica.net...

Enjoy.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by MidEastGui]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Another one about the Balearic UFOs in Spanish language:

Zonas de avistamiento OVNI en las Baleares (UFO Sighting Zones in the Balears)

misteriosbaleares.iespana.es...

More to come....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
About a black triangle rising out of the ocean (plus the underwater lights):

Updated: Star Field Camouflage On Large V-Shaped Craft Near Cape Canaveral, Florida?

www.earthfiles.com...

Enjoy.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join