It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Another USO case from UFO Stalker:

Detail for Event ID 5747
Case Number: 5747
Log Number: GB-11152006-0003
Submitted Date: 2006-11-15 06:50
Event Date: 1972-11-03 22:45
City: Belfast
Longitude: -2.0
Latitude: 54.0
Shape: Bullet/Missile,Cylinder,Flash
Distance: Over one mile
Entity Type: None

Description: Hi, I am 51 years old and have served in my younger days as a sergeant in the British army and also worked for local newspapers (as a courier) for 20 years. My wife is the Deputy Editor of a local newspaper series here in N Ireland that covers the area of this event.She has worked on these papers for 26 years.To the best of both our knowledge no one has ever reported what I am going to relate to you below, either before or since. Very few people have ever been told this story as those who have (in a weaker moment!) laugh! Therefore it is one of these things that you tend to keep to yourself. I watched a documentry last night on the History Channel about your organisation and this has inspired me to seek an answer elsewhere (if possible) after 34 years. My many years of trying have come to nought. In my army days I asked many questions of pilots (both helicopter and aeroplane) who flew this short stretch of water on a regular basis and none had seen anything out of the ordinary.There is also a regular ferry run to Scotland (on a daily basis) from Larne and those I have spoken to who worked on the boats again reported nothing. I have attached a picture of the area that I found on the internet and although taken from 5 miles more northerly on the coastline will give you an idea of the area. In 1972 i did not have any camera. In the backgound you can see the Scottish coastline (22 miles away) The lighthouse is arrowed in red and the approx area of exit of the objects is in black and the path followed in green. 'At approximately 10.45pm on the evening of November 3rd 1972 (I remember it well as it was my 17th birthday) I was with a girl in a covered seafront shelter at Larne (Co Antrim, N Ireland) and we were enjoying each others company! The shelter was on a hill top (100 feet above sea level) that looked out over the Irish Sea (North channel) towards Scotland that lay about 25 miles away to the east. A lighthouse (called 'The Maidens', manned at that time and 75 feet tall) is situated about 7 miles out to sea from this point and warns ships of rocks that crop up out of the sea here. I had lived beside the sea all my life (up to this point) and was familiar with the lighthouse and the pattern of it's beam. I had been out to it on field trips while at school to study the rocks it sits on. On this night (we had been to this place many times before) we had been friendly for a while when the girl drew my attention to a blinding green light out to sea. I turned out to look towards the sea and some distance beyond the lighthouse ( which was continuing it's usual pattern of horizontal flashes) we watched for some 15 minutes as a blinding (much much brighter than the lighthouse beam) series of green fluorescent cylinders exited the sea and shot straight and vertically heavenwards.They came every 30 seconds or so and we knew when they were coming as the sea itself around the exit point would glow bright green for a few seconds before we saw the cylinder exit the sea and fly at great speeds upwards and disappear into 'space'? Even at seven or eight miles away this glow in the sea lit up the whole area around it. After 15 minutes it just stopped! No more came, we watched for another hour. These cylinders were huge as I was able to determine (using the lighthose as a guide) that they were at the very least the height of the lighthouse (80 feet) and certainly as thick as it. They left no trial behind. Pattern was that the sea glowed green, cylindar emerged and shot upwards so quick that you almost cricked your neck with the upward movement of the head following it. They came at regular 30 second intervals,almost perfect timing.They all followed exactly the same path upwards,something about the timing made me feel very uncomfortable. Nothing natural would be able to do this.I was absolutely awestruck.' The nearest that I have come to an explanation was several years ago when information came to light that an area beyond this (The Beaufort Dyke, a deep underwater trench in the North Channel) had been used to dump munitions in since WW1 times. These munitions included phosphorus items. I wondered if some of these munitions could have caused such an event. I have since discounted this as it does not explain several things. Why has it never been reported again, does not explain the shapes (in each case they were identical),the timings of the exits, the identical path they followed up and the enormous speed of the things. The intensity of the green light was again the same with each one that emerged. They were perfectly controlled and not a random 'explosion' of anything. It was nothing to do with the lighthouse beam (which has always been white and horizontal) as we had a clear sight of it all the time, as the exit point was on an almost straight line between our eyeline and the beyond the lighthouse. Submarines have always been about in the North Channel as they make their way to Fastlane (Scotland) but what the h*** would a sub be doing launching such enormous cylinders (even if they could back then) and these things were faster than any rocket, their speed was breathtaking. I went out with this same girl for eight years after this event before we parted company. We had shared many many things to-gether. I met her a few years back after not seeing her for 20 years or so and the first thing she said to me was ' Remember that strange night". It had stuck in her mind all these years to the extent that it was the first thing that sprang to her mind after such a long absence.She also told me that it had 'freaked' her out and that she had never told anyone and never will speak of it again.She told me that even now she wakes up and gets very scared when she thinks of it. At the time she was too awestruck to be afraid. I never saw anything like this again and even to-day after huge amounts of 'logical' thought time I am still at a loss.Even with all the advances in military technology which I try to keep up with, I would still say "I have never seen anything like this"! I am glad that i have taken the time to write this down as it has vexed me many times over the years, I like explanations and this thing I cannot get to grips with even now. Only one other event troubles me. A few years back I woke from sleep (was at home, just a normal night) to find that the skin on the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet were bright red and burning. Had trouble walking on my feet and had to take a few days off work. This went away after a few days and a lot of cooling with water. On waking that morning my wife told me that I had something like a small black 'thorn' stuck in my right temple. It was so small that she ended up getting tweezers to get it out with. It was about one eighth of an inch long and black.I have no explanation how it got there. We thought it was some sort of wood thorn that had managed to get on the pillow and I had 'rolled' on to it in the night. I decided to cut it with a small penknife and to my great surprize it turned out to be metallic like a needle point. I then tried to cut it with a small pair of scissors but again was unable to. It started to show silver under the black as the implements had 'rubbed' the black coating off. It was the broken tip of a black needle. Sharp and pointed at one end and rough and jagged at the thicker end. I still have it somewhere in a small sealed plastic bag. Not sure where, but am pretty sure that it is here somewhere, unless the children have made off with the bag not knowing what was in it. So unless my wife was trying to inject me in the temple during the night without my knowing (she assures me she wasn't!!) then I have absolutely no idea how this point came to be there .I was nowhere where such a thing would have been and if it had happened i think that I would have felt the pain, after all this fragment was lodged an eighth of an inch in the side of my head.I have no recollection of anything unusual that night, went to bed, slept and got up next morning. No explanation. I have never spoken to my wife in great detail about the cylinders and have always insisted that i was alone, as the 'girl' with me at the time was my first wife and my present wife of twenty years and her have never been anything closer than enemies!! Would appreciate not mentioning that i was other than alone if you decide to send any emails on this subject. I have never written these stories down before and never contacted anyone about them. Thank you for listening and if you can offer any ideas on these events I would be more than grateful as they have perplexed me for a very long time. I know it was a long time ago and it may be of little interest to you but I felt I needed to pass it on as I have been convinced since that night that, ' there are more things in heaven and earth. Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy' . Thanks, George Martin.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by MidEastGui]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
USO case from UFO Stalker:

Detail for Event ID 15591
Case Number: 15591
Log Number: US-02192009-0007
Submitted Date: 2009-02-19 05:44
Event Date: 1991-08-31 00:00
City: Newberry
Region: Michigan
Longitude: -85.4887
Latitude: 46.496
Shape: Circle,Triangle
Distance: Unknown

Description: I was camping at Muskallonge Lake State Park on the shores of Lake Superior. It was Labor Day weekend, 1991. I remember the year because my son was 14 years old at the time, however, I don't remember the exact day of the weekend. We walked from our campground over the sand dunes and down to the beach at approximately 11:00 pm because we wanted to see the northern lights. As we were sitting there talking, we looked out over the horizon of the lake and saw what looked like lighted sails on a sailboat. The colors were bright yellow and orange. It was so far in the distance that I thought it was sailboats (there were 3 or 4), but, my friend said, "Sails are not a solid light like that." We began watching them and it appeared that they were moving closer....coming towards shore, but they were still very far off in the distance. As they appeared to move closer, I started getting a little nervous feeling and told my friend, "Let's go." Then, before our eyes, they turned white, turned into circles and shot straight up and disappeared. This has always stayed extremely vivid through the years, but I have shared it with few people. I have tried googling the info to see if anyone else saw the same thing that weekend, but couldn't find anything. I would be very curious if anyone else saw the same thing on and over Lake Superior around that time or anytime since.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Another USO case from UFO Stalker or MUFON-CMS:

Detail for Event ID 14244
Case Number: 14244
Log Number: US-12052008-0014
Submitted Date: 2008-12-05 19:01
Event Date: 2008-12-05 18:00
City: Vero Beach
Region: Florida
Longitude: -80.445
Latitude: 27.646
Shape: Circle
Terrain: Ocean
Visibility: Clear
Weather: None

Description: A large green glowing object came out of the Atlantic ocean approx 5 miles out from coast..was walking on the beach just after dark and saw this abject at first I thought it was just a boat light..it then moved up into the sky shifted left quickly and then shot straight up and out of sight all while leaving a streak of light or a tail that glowed for about 30 seconds after the object disappeared..As i kept looking up I noticed what looked like a star moving across the sky then this object streaked to the right at a high rate of speed and disappeared..This is the first time Ive ever seen anything like this..and Ive always been a sceptic..When I came home and told my husband which is a deputy he said yeah what ever and blew me off..I'm not sure what I saw but maybe you can shed some light on it for me ..thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Another amazing case from UFO Stalker:

Detail for Event ID 14557
Case Number: 14557
Log Number: US-12272008-0005
Submitted Date: 2008-12-27 14:49
Event Date: 2008-09-02 01:30
City: St Joseph
Region: Michigan
Longitude: -84.6934
Latitude: 43.109
Shape: Other

Description: I went to visit my aunt and uncle in Oatis, Indiana from August 27th to September 2nd. My main reason for the trip was to visit my grandmother in her Long Term Care facility. I live in Tennessee and do not get up there very often as of late. I caught a Cub's game and visited with my Family for 4 days. My aunt and uncle own a lake house on lake Michigan about 20 miles South of St. Josephs on the beach. It is a beautiful place and extremely relaxing at night. The beach house is never the main reason I visit, but a nice bonus when my Family offers it up for a few days of oasis. This visit my aunt allowed my girlfriend and I to stay there for two days, Sept. 1st and Sept Second. We arrived early on Sept 1st and unpacked, went down to the beach and enjoyed the sun, later took in some shopping and had dinner. We noticed everyone packed up early afternoon and left there vacation homes due to the holiday weekend ending. We had planned to be back to Tennessee on Tuesday night so we had the beach to ourselves that Monday Night. The beach is basically a sand dune with a hundred feet of sand to the water. The water this night was calmer than usual and the night sky was clear and bright, yet without a moon. That afternoon I dug a pit for a fire and set it up knowing it would be hard to do that night with the wind, wasted time seeing that that night was extremely calm with tiny waves. People whom know this area, know that it can be very violent at night with huge waves and a brisk wind. We lucked out this night. We had smores, a bottle of wine, fully prepared to spend an evening on the beach. We finished the wine and the smores and snuggled up by the fire. There was not a light to be seen for miles North and South along the beach. The only hint of light was St joseph's dull glow in the distance, 20 miles or so up the beach. The later it was, the colder it was, and the more we fully covered up. I am telling you this because I think what happens next is a result of two things: Being fully covered up in the sand and directly behind a fire facing Lake Michigan. We fell asleep and had to have been asleep for an hour or so. Still fully covered by a blanket, I woke up and shook my girlfriend waking her up, so we could make the trip up the dune and to bed. As I uncovered my head, Lying on my back, I rolled on my stomach and looked straight north up the beach. Not more than 50 yards from me was a bright light, and I mean bright, a spotlight, like one you see shining at a carnival. I know what you are thinking, wow, that is not unusual, well let me finish. This light was stationary, pivoting from a stationary point directly over the shoreline, shining in the empty vacation homes and up and down the beach. Within seconds, My girlfriend rolled over and we both stayed covered and gazing North at this light. This light was coming out of NOTHING, roughly 30 feet to 50 feet in the air, I could see the abrubt beginning and end of the light source. It reminded me of a flud light above a garage, only brighter and with no building. The light never moved location, only direction it was pointed in, from the edge of the water towards land. The stability of the source frightened me because that ruled out any of the five hundred things my mind was feverishly trying to catagorize this as. Not a boat because I would be able to see the boat and the water was 2 feet deep under the location of the light. I do not remember what I said to my girlfriend, I just know she was just as shocked to be witnessing this as I was. It was calm and clear that night, no noise, only the gentle swish of the water rolling onto the shore. This light was close enough to us for me to throw a football and hit it square, extremely close. As the light pivoted up the beach away from us, still from the same 50 yard location, we could see more clearly the fact that it was coming out of nothing, clear sky!!!! The light was very defined as for its boundries, I mean as it went up the dune, a very defined circle of light was cast on the beach and the dunes. At this point I ran out of explanations, some things do not need analyzing for you to know something is wrong. Still facing the light and peaking out of the blanket, we found ourselves looking directly into the light, as it moved south along the beach towards us. The light disappeared as soon as it hit the spot we were laying. It was not blinding, which shocked me. We jumped up and could see nothing. Although no moonlight was present, the stars were plenty of light for us to have seen anything in the location of the light. We saw nothing, Gone, thin air. My girlfriend said, and I quote, "it went into cloakmode." Usually I would laugh at something like that but it strangely seemed appropriate. I am a big guy, I mean I work out regularly and am scared of no one, yet something in me kept telling me to put the fire out and get upstairs, so I did. This has been driving me crazy. I am glad to get it off my chest!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Detail for Event ID 15311
Case Number: 15311
Log Number: US-02042009-0010
Submitted Date: 2009-02-04 12:50
Event Date: 2009-02-03 12:30
City: San Clemente
Region: California
Longitude: -117.578
Latitude: 33.4322
Shape: Fireball
Vallee Index: AN1

Description: I had just gotten off of work after midnight and was taking home a co-worker when looking out over the ocean we both noticed an unusual bright orange light several miles off the coast. Being curious, instead of going straight home we decided to see if we could get a better view of it by driving along San Clemente, California up in the hills parallel to the coastline. We noticed the light stayed constant and bright as we drove south parallel along the coast. We finally stopped down by a beach parking lot where we had a clear view out to sea. We could not understand what this object could be nor could we make out what this light was. We asked ourselves what could be out there this late at night on the ocean waters, perhaps a fishing boat with bright lights? Do any boats go out this late with bright lights to fish for something? If it was a boat fishing why would the light vary in intensity and with that particular color (orange)? Could it be a boat on fire? The light was firelike in intensity and color as if it was on fire. Even though it was dark, I figured it must have been a few miles south of Santa Catalina Island and a few miles west off San Clemente. We stayed there for several minutes watching this light glow and change in its shape. At one point the light dimmed to a point and then returned to its large intensity. We decided to leave and go home still puzzled. We must have watched it for around 15 minutes from point of seeing it to end.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Detail for Event ID 14980
Case Number: 14980
Log Number: US-01182009-0009
Submitted Date: 2009-01-18 13:08
Event Date: 2009-01-17 00:00
Region: California
Longitude: -124.027
Latitude: 41.3524
Shape: Sphere,Other,Unknown
Distance: Unknown
Terrain: Ocean
Visibility: Clear
Weather: None

Description: First event.I went up on our roof-deck to look up at the stars, but on the way up I noticed something glowing to the south of us, just above the water over Newport Beach, or Costa Mesa. It seemed to be bagel or doughnut shaped, and it was discharging some sort of super hot material straight down into the water, almost like molten metal. It did this for about 5-10 minutes, and then appeared to fall into the ocean after, or just simply faded away. I don't know where it went. The only thing I can compare this to, is the event that happened in Washington state, where almost the exact same thing occurred, but a fisherman's boat was struck in that account. Second event. Just as soon as the first craft disappeared, a second multi-colored thing, (it had red, orange, green, & white lights) was flying north. The flight area area would be from the northern tip of Santa Catalina Island to Long Beach, or Rancho Palos Verdes. It hovered for about 5-8 minuutes, then slowly descended toward the ocean until it seemed to go into to the water. I face Southwest when looking to the sea. A map of Long Beach down to Newport Beach would be more helpful in pinpointing these sightings.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Another USO report from UFO Stalker

Detail for Event ID 15570
Case Number: 15570
Log Number: BS-02182009-0007
Submitted Date: 2009-02-18 16:04
Event Date: 1997-02-28 00:00
City: Nassau
Longitude: -75.35
Latitude: 24.25
Shape: Triangle

Description: Sitting on the beach at night on Paradise Island which now is the Atlantis resort. I was facing the bay, so I'm guessing that was west. First noticed the object moving across the water from my ten o clock. The reason it caught my attention was because of the speed of the object. The lights were so close to the water that at first glance I thought it was a boat, but I had never seen a boat that size move that fast. Then I got to thinking it might be a helicopter, possibly military/drug enforcement, especially when the craft moved about 200 yards from shore. From what I remember the craft hovered in place for about 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure it was at least that long because like a mad man I ran to the hotels front desk asking for binoculars and tried to explain to the concierge that I wasn't crazy nor a pervert. After running to our room to tell my parents about what I was seeing I ran back to the beach to see if it was still there. I observed the craft for about ten more minutes, during that time it was still stationary. I saw a greenish light emitting from underneath the craft and illuminating the ocean below. From my vantage point it appeared as if the light from the craft was either moving up from the water or pulling water to the craft. I've never seen anything like this so it's hard to find the words to describe it. Once it started moving out towards the open ocean is when I knew it was an airborne craft just due to the speed it was displaying, nothing like gone in an instant, but moved out towards the horizon within a ten second range. It's something I'll never forget but due the dark skies it's hard to know for sure if it was a helicopter. I also remember making absolutely sure that what I was seeing was what I was seeing, because for a few minutes it kind of freaked me out.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Detail for Event ID 15588
Case Number: 15588
Log Number: US-02192009-0004
Submitted Date: 2009-02-19 01:02
City: Baltimore
Region: Maryland
Longitude: -76.6384
Latitude: 39.2894

Description: A good friend of mine, an old fishing buddy, told me a story about fishing at Loch Raven resevoir, years ago, when he witnessed a bright UFO fly up out of resevoir, out of the water, hover over the water and then fly off. He said it was at night, and the light was very brilliant. He is a straight shooter, in his 50's and would not lie. I was always fascinated with the story, being a UFO believer myself. Now I have read that others have seen ufo's in that same resevoir. Here's an article about two different sightings there, neither of which are the one my friend saw. see: www.waterufo.net...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Amazing report from UFO Stalker:

Detail for Event ID 16246
Case Number: 16246
Log Number: US-03252009-0015
Submitted Date: 2009-03-25 23:22
Event Date: 2009-03-24 22:10
City: Auburndale
Region: Florida
Longitude: -81.8298
Latitude: 28.0903
Shape: Other
Duration: 00:10:00

Description: I was sitting in my chair in the living room" that looks over our lake" watching t.v. when I noticed someone outside. I took my dog "Brody" outside with me when we got about halfway down to the lake his hair stood up on his back and something moved by the water. I stopped and my dog turned in front of me and ran back to the house I tripped when he bolted around me and as I looked back I swear I saw a skinny person run on the lake to the dock 3 houses down. I went back into the house but couldn't sleep that night so I took my dog in the car and drove around the neighborhood until I felt comfortable. 3 weeks later "Yesturday" I saw something again this time I took a flash light and saw something that didn't have a face and this time it ran across the entire lake. unfortunately my dog is the only other witness and I don't want to tell anyone else. any ideas????????

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Some great posts there

Heres Timothy Good speaking at XCon in 2004 about USOs, UFOs
and various mysterious goings on - its a great watch!

Link:
video.google.co.uk...

Description:

BEYOND TOP SECRET: UFOS AND USOS (UNIDENTIFIED SUBMARINE OBJECTS) with Timothy Good.
Beyond Top Secret UFOs and USOs (unidentified submarine objects) remain the most highly classified subject on Earth.
In his fully illustrated presentation, drawing on the latest evidence, the highly respected researcher and best-selling author will outline the involvement of intelligence agencies in North America, South America and Europe in top-secret investigations.
He will describe some little-known and disturbing cases reported by military and civilian pilots, army and naval personnel, and discuss contacts with ETs reported by highly credible witnesses, such as a former British deputy chief of Strike Command and Equerry to HM The Queen and Prince Philip, and a former CIA communications specialist, currently a respected Brazilian scientist.
Good will also discuss his meeting at the Defense Airborne Reconnaissance Office at the Pentagon in 1998, and some of the information provided to him over the years by his contacts in Washington, including revelations via a high-ranking source who worked at the Pentagon with the USAF Air Staff and Joint Staff.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I may have missed it, and if I did I apologize, but I didn't see where anyone had found this site:
The Enigmas of Issyk-Kul

An excerpt:

The flying submarines of extraterrestrials
Sometimes quite inexplicable things happen in the sky over Issyk-Kul and in its waters. Witnesses are usually puzzled and unable to explain what they saw. The number of skeptically minded people rejecting the idea of enigmatic phenomena decreases.

There is also an interesting story about "black divers" which seemed not to be human.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Heres Timothy Good speaking at XCon in 2004 about USOs, UFOs
and various mysterious goings on - its a great watch!

Thanks for the link karl 12,

Timothy Good is one of my favourite UFO/ET researchers.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is in my opinion a very important UFO/USO case because it involved an abduction that was witnessed by a prominent person at the United Nations, security personnel, and motorists on the Brooklyn Bridge whose engines had failed as the abduction was in progress,.
I heard of this case some years back from Budd Hopkins and I am glad that I found it here again to find out what really happened then.

11-29-1989 www.waterufo.net...

WITNESSED Abduction case by Budd Hopkins
Condensed summary by Richard H. Hall

Brooklyn Bridge Abduction Case

On the night of November 29/30, 1989, multiple independent witnesses in separate locations observed a hovering, glowing red-orange oval object in the skies over lower Manhattan. A woman whose pseudonym was reported as Linda Cortile was seen to float out of an upper story window of an apartment building, transported by a light beam into the hovering object, which then sped away.

Later investigation by Budd Hopkins and his colleagues revealed that the full story unfolded over a period of years, and the witnesses included a prominent person at the United Nations, security personnel, and motorists on the Brooklyn Bridge whose engines had failed as the abduction was in progress. The widely “witnessed” abduction constitutes one of the potentially most important such reports on record. It included an underwater episode on that evening, and an earlier one experienced by Linda Cortile. (The following quotations are from Witnessed, by Budd Hopkins.)

The security officers were seated in their stalled patrol car beneath the elevated FDR Drive near the East River at about 3:00 a.m. following an engine failure. With them was a prominent United Nations official for whom they were providing security. A reddish glow attracted their attention. Looking up, they saw an oval object hovering above an apartment building 2-3 blocks away. On the side of the object near the top was a row of rectangular windows, and green lights were rotating around its edge. They heard a low humming-whistling sound. The color changed from a bright red-orange as a very bright blue-white was emitted from the underside, and the object descended to the level of an apartment window.

The officers and UN official were then shocked to see a woman in a nightgown float out of the window in a bright beam of blue-white light and escorted into the bottom of the object by three ugly but smaller human-like creatures, one above her and two below. The beings had disproportionately large heads, very large eyes, and slender limbs. The woman reminded them of an angel or a Christmas-tree doll in appearance.

After the woman disappeared into the object, its color changed back to red-orange and it sped away in their direction, flew overhead and plunged into the river behind us, not far from Pier 17, behind the Brooklyn Bridge. As it passed over them, the officers felt a strong static electricity effect. They were profoundly affected by the experience, both badly frightened and feeling extreme guilt about their inability to help the woman.

Budd Hopkins had been contacted by Linda Cortile, then 41, during spring 1989 about abduction experiences that she recalled from her youth and childhood. Then on November 30 she called Hopkins about her experience of the previous night. At about 3:00 a.m. she had felt a numbness in her legs and then saw a small figure with large head and “enormous black eyes” moving toward her. After that her memory was fragmentary, but she felt that she had been floated out of her living room window and up into a UFO. She and her family lived on the 12th floor of an apartment building two blocks from the FDR Drive and the East River.

During a hypnotic regression session after November 30, Cortile described in detail what she had experienced on board the craft, including various medical examinations and procedures. She also recalled that during a childhood abduction episode many years earlier, the UFO went underwater. “Through a large window she could see the murky bottom of what she took to be the East River; garbage and even a soft-drink bottle were visible in the UFO's lights.”

Subsequent investigation revealed complex interrelationships among the men in the patrol car and Linda Cortile, and later interactions among them. However, these are not directly relevant to the underwater episodes.

After some searching I find this related to who that prominent person at the United Nations could be.

The case would take a dramatic turn when Hopkins finally discovered the identity of the United Nations representative, or the "third man," as Javier Perez de Cuellar, the former Secretary General of the United Nations. Naturally, Hopkins' dream would be to get Cuellar to go public with his acknowledgment of the facts of the abduction, which would bring the case and the entire alien abduction question to a sensational level of acceptance within the public's eye, and the scientific community.

Although Cuellar corresponded with Hopkins and verified the abduction, he explained to Hopkins that he could not go public for obvious reasons. Cuellar went even as far as to meet privately with Hopkins to discuss details of his observations that night, but demanded that he remain anonymous.

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 27/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Thanks for all those amazing info posted into this thread. Please, keep up with the good work.

Here is a good news for the next weeks:

UFO Hunters

Episode: Underwater Alien Bases, Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 10:00 PM

Thursday, April 09, 2009, 02:00 AM

On November 11th 1987, the small town of Gulf Breeze, Florida is inundated with UFO sightings. More than 200 witnesses see strange, unexplained lights in the sky. The strange sightings last through the early 1990s. The mountain of evidence is overwhelming--videos, eyewitnesses, and news coverage everywhere. But where are these Gulf Coast UFOs coming from? Shockingly, 90 miles away in Cuba, U.S. military personnel stationed in Guantanamo Bay may be seeing USO's--Unidentified Submerged Objects--rising out of the ocean. We will examine satellite images of what appear to be underwater landing strips and other strange evidence.

Rating: TVPG

Running Time: 60 minutes

Genre: Mysteries of History

[edit on 3/27/2009 by MidEastGui]

[edit on 3/27/2009 by MidEastGui]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
I may have missed it, and if I did I apologize, but I didn't see where anyone had found this site:
The Enigmas of Issyk-Kul

An excerpt:

The flying submarines of extraterrestrials
Sometimes quite inexplicable things happen in the sky over Issyk-Kul and in its waters. Witnesses are usually puzzled and unable to explain what they saw. The number of skeptically minded people rejecting the idea of enigmatic phenomena decreases.

There is also an interesting story about "black divers" which seemed not to be human.

Issyk-Kul Lake of Kyrgzystan is just one of those enigmatic lakes found in the Mid-Asia. I know there are lots of UFO and USO stories coming from these water bodies. But, these interesting cases are unknown to the western UFOlogists at most of the time. In the following weeks, I will try to post some of them into this thread as the time permits me do so.

Here is a URL address for ya about some cases of UFOs, USOs and Amphibious Beings from the late USSR (former Russia) as follows:

НЛО: НЛО амфибии (UFO: AMPHIBIOUS UFO)

mir-x.km.ru...

Enjoy!

(p.s.: u can make it translated (from Russian to English) by using one of those online translators on the net)

(p.s.: and u could also "google" the subject matter by using the Cyrill (Russian) Alphabet by writing "НПО - неопознанные подводные объекты (USO - Unidentified Underwater Objects)": there u see novel USO info and some amazing graphics as well).

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
(Yet another) USO report from the Catalina Channel,California.

Summary:

"The first California underwater UFO was on July 7, 1947 when two San Raphael teen-agers saw a "flat glistening object" emerge from the water, fly around and then dive back into the water 400 yards from shore. Throughout this same year, numerous steamers reported a mysterious
"undersea mountain" or a "large mass underwater" which kept appearing and disappearing in various locations in the San Francisco Bay and down the coast.
Following this, the sightings came regularly, in 1951, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1970, 1980, 1990, 1991, 1993, 2004..the list goes on.
The sightings involve many highly credible witnesses including lifeguards, security guards, law enforcement officials, military officers and countless citizens.

home.pacbell.net...

Incident:

Nancy Bradley: The ocean was strange that day, beginning about 12 miles out to sea, unaccountable ripples with no consistency and large patches of water so smooth you would think you were in a bathtub. And then the large waves of undetermined origin would appear seemingly out of nowhere, some starting from beside the boat and some as far in the distance as two miles. They caved and cavorted. And then everything was smooth again.

I am a seasoned traveler to Catalina Island and this was clearly strange behavior for the sea. Very strange indeed. Word was out once again in the media this February day in 2009, reported strange UFO’s in the ocean around Catalina Island, something that crops up every now and then.
The rumors had been flying for years. Of course I had heard them, even been on productive investigations in New York, New Jersey and the everglades for just such phenomena. But I had never experienced the phenomena spoken about between Dana Point or Long Beach, (the mainland where most folks board a ferry or boat to the island), and Catalina, 26 miles out to sea.

Halfway out to sea on this trip, after reuniting with the crew and passengers and enjoying a mimosa or two, the steward brought something to our attention. “There” he said, “Starboard. Look at those dolphins. We see them from time to time and there sure are a lot of them out there today!” He quickly went in to talk to the captain, leaving us to observe from our vantage point, the best on the boat. We looked out the window and fumbling for our cameras, wanting to take as many pictures and video shots as we could. Strange for this water indeed, dolphins as far as the eye could see, in groups of hundreds, jumping out of the water, seemingly trying to get away from something. We wondered if it could be difficult navigating the ferry to get out of their way, wondering if there would be impact. And then they were gone. Certainly we had seen dolphins in this water, even a whale or two, but never in these numbers, and never interplaying with such strange and frantic activity. A few miles closer to our destination we again experienced the same dolphin activity, large numbers, moving fast, jumping over the water and diving hard. We made notes as well of this phenomena, clearly something not experienced before. And then the highlight of our trip occurred.A large object, white, almost not detectable from the clouds in the sky, hovered. We watched as it swayed from side to side, and after about a half minute, it made a beeline disappearing into the sea. I was lucky to get a quick shot of it.

Greatly encouraged, I stayed at my perch, camera in hand, while the rest of our crew left the confines of our Captain’s Cabin to go the other side of the boat and make conversation with the locals coming back to their island from the mainland, many, seasoned islanders, preferring seats that allowed them the wind in their faces.
Our crew inquired of stories about USOs and strange dolphin activity which they told us generally precedes a sighting. In fact, just this week it had been reported that people had sighted yet more USOs going into the water just about where we were on our seaward journey.

Back in the Captains Cabin we could see the Island coming up on us now. The water smoothed. Folks from the island told us that national television newscasters had been there asking questions. Interesting indeed.

We docked and thanked our captain and crew as always, grabbed our luggage and gear and made our way to our favorite hotel. It is beautiful, the water just a few steps from our door. After settling in, we walked to the local restaurant for a bite and to discuss what we had seen. Several of the ‘locals’ who overheard our conversation asked to join us at our table anxious to relate their own stories.“Late at night we see lights going into the bay about a mile out” one gentleman told us, others shaking their heads in agreement. The waitress chimed in, “One night there was a naval ship just off shore patrolling. This is not uncommon. But what I saw that was strange was what went on behind them. Large scale triangle objects, three of them, crafts, floating above the ship. And then, after circling, they made a quick retreat into the sea. I noticed several small boats showing up shortly after this event with lights around it making circles in the area, looking for what had happened. It is all so strange.” A man who has lived most of his life on the island told us “Generally they are white those crafts,” he said. “And when they hit the water they turn a light blue. I know because they are florescent and you can see them for a short time going down into the water.” It was suggested that the most USSO sightings are on this side of the island, Avalon.

www.goldrushghosts.com...
www.nancybradley.org...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Another amazing USO report with some aquatic humanoids from UFO Casebook is below:

Weird Los Angeles: Weirdness In The Waters (USOs)

During the UFO waves of the 1940s and '50s, a new type of peculiar, possibly extraterrestrial or covert machine was mentioned, and often sighted in the murky oceans of the world. The USO, or Unidentified Submarine Object, just like the flying saucers and mystery airships of before, had begun to cause panic.

Were alien life forms monitoring our shores with their advanced technology and preparing for possible attack, or was the government conducting clandestine operations beneath the surface? Or, was another country secretly invading and spying on us?

On the dawn of July 28, 1962, off Avalon, Santa Catalina Island, several crew and the captain of a fishing boat were unsettled by mysterious lights that appeared below the surface, but boldly approached the eerie glow. As they neared, the captain observed through binoculars and was amazed to see several men working on a submarine-like object.

The sub had no markings whatsoever, was grey in colour, and from it was protruding a strange structure with a light on which the men appeared to be tampering with. There were five mysterious men, two dressed in dark trousers and white shirts, two adorned in all white and another in a sky-blue jump suit.

The captain stated, "We passed a beam about a quarter-mile and I was certain it was a submarine..."

Suddenly, the unmarked submarine sped towards the fishing boat and then swept past at speed. The crew believed it may have been a Russian submarine but this was never confirmed.

Another fishing boat had an extraordinary encounter off Redondo Beach in the May of 1935. Crewmen observed a creature resembling a Merman, measuring twelve-feet in length. The monster had shining eyes, a smooth forehead, dark hair on its head and chin, and a tail. When the boat approached the being flipped its tail and disappeared into the depths.

source & references:

By Neil Arnold

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Another USO-related internet article about the possible Earthquake Lights (EQLs) seen during the 2007 Quake in Peru:

Las luces del terremoto en Perú (The Lights of Earthquake in Peru)

www.aforteanosla.com.ar... - in Spanish

(Many strange lights were observed during the 2007 Quake of Peru. The observers stated these lights were coming out of the ocean or they were just illuminating the water surface from underneath etc.)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MidEastGui

Some great finds there matey

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by MidEastGui

Some great finds there matey

Thank you too much, Karl. That is very nice of u really. I will try to keep posting some recent, rare and non-English USO info or some USO research highlights to this thread in the future as the time lets me do so.

In relation to ur Puerto Rico topic, I wanna give u some interesting info. The older tales of native Puerto Ricans mention about the "Green Fiery Birds", or basically USO flotilla of the modern day, which dive into and come out of the Carribean Sea. Plus, the Cuban people once considered that there were "Underwater Metallic Animals" living just beneath the water. And it goes like this..

[edit on 3/28/2009 by MidEastGui]

[edit on 3/28/2009 by MidEastGui]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join