It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Foreclosure from the banks? Tell them to PRODUCE THE NOTE!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zolom

Originally posted by mrm143
Is it my fault that i lost my job due to layoffs, took what i could at the time, and then was unable to pay the bill... I think not. I could have just collected unemployment using the taxpayers money, but i didn't. I took a low paying job and at one point 2 jobs to feed my family. My wife works, but still, we cannot afford the mortgage. No raises this year makes it even harder. I am lucky to have a job, and will do anything in my power to keep my home that up untill now I have worked hard to keep.

No! Your fault was to take a loan to buy something you could not afford, and that was because you were GREEDY!
Your fault! Entirely!
If you don't have the money you CANNOT buy it! Period! End of story!

Is this really that hard to understand?

When i TOOK the money, i WAS able to afford it. That's my point, things happen we cannot control, if i were to know 3 years later i would lose my job, i would not have taken it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrm143
When i TOOK the money, i WAS able to afford it. That's my point, things happen we cannot control, if i were to know 3 years later i would lose my job, i would not have taken it.

That's the point! You could NOT afford that money (house). You DID NOT HAVE that money.
You thought that MAYBE you could afford it in the future. And maybe you could have but you DID NOT and now you are screwed. Whos fault is this? The banksters? Your employers?
No! It was YOUR fault! You DID NOT HAVE that money and wanted to buy something. That was your fault. And all because you were greedy.

And why am I telling you this? To make myself look better or to bash you?
If you think so then F YOU and forget about the information I gave you because you would not deserve it!
You are here to LEARN something aren't you? SO DO IT DAMM*T!!!!

[edit on 25/2/2009 by zolom]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zolom

Thats how ALL houses are bought unless you pay cash, which pretty much NOBODY does. It is also how businesses are bought, sold and operated. Through what is known as CREDIT.

GM did it, Merrill Lynch did it, Goldman Sachs did it, Bank of America did it, everyone used credit in some form or another to get what they have and nobody is above scrutinu here, banker and borrower alike.

I dont think anyone really saw the entire collapse of the world economy. I dont think many people really knew three years ago where we would be sitting today, so it makes no sense to place blame on someone who financed a home when they had a job and were able to pay for it.

Things change, companies close, jobs are lost, it is the way things are done in this day and age. Dont ridicule one person for falling on hard times when they only did what everyone else was doing at the time.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

First I don't rdicule one person! I ridicule EVERYONE who took an loan and then wasn't able to pay it back (for whatever circumstances that may be)! It IS their OWN fault! And the blame is to put on THEM!

And that everybody does it this way does not justify this fault! It is a poor excuse that doesn't even change anything. You screwed yourself because of it so DEAL WITH IT!
And it doesn't even matter if anyone would have seen this comming or not. Maybe you would lose your leg in an accident and that would be the reason that you can't pay back your debt. It doesn't matter. Getting into debt was YOUR fault.

And if you try to find more excuses that so be it. You will never learn and make the same mistake again and again and again.
People on here are open-minded? Yeah right...as long as it doesn't involve own mistakes...

And because you said I would ridicule one person I'll write it again and for the last time.

I DONT write this here to ridicule or insult you or to make you look bad without reason. I write this here to HELP YOU! GODDAMM*T!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zolom

Debt is bad. Ho Hum. I think most already know that. Care to add anything else constructive or would you like to point something else out?

How many people do you personally know who can afford to pay cash for a home? Thanks, that's what I thought .

The sky is blue. Water is wet. Debt is bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Debt is bad. Ho Hum. I think most already know that. Care to add anything else constructive or would you like to point something else out?

I NEEDED to point out that it wasn't the bankers or employers or goverments fault. And I feel that there is a great need, especially in the USA, to point out people's OWN mistakes. And why do I do this? To make them learn! If any of my posts brings someone to never get in debt again I would be happy about that!

Originally posted by BlackOps719
How many people do you personally know who can afford to pay cash for a home? Thanks, that's what I thought .

And what do you do when you cannot affort to pay (cash) for a house?

RENT A F*CKING apartement!!! OMG!
Or rent a house!
Or live in a hotel!

Their ARE alternatives! But NOOO!! You wanted the big nice house and screwed yourself because of it!
And don't you think it's important to recognize that it was your GREED which drove you to this?
Is it more important to you to "defend yourself" than to evolve psychologically?

[edit on 25/2/2009 by zolom]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by catflap

Secured loans and mortgages are not regulated in the UK in the same way as unsecured debt, however this has changed a bit. There doesn't seem to be much assignment of secured debt between companies and they tend to keep their "house" in order. That's not to say that a sub prime loan and its conditions are fair but unfortunately it is these companies that employ the big gun lawyers to scare you out of challenging them.

The UK government however has introduced protocols that the courts need to abide by when considering repossession, and lenders have to show a paper trail that highlights what steps they have taken to come to some sort of arrangement with the borrower to repay the arrears and keep their home. If you are faced with repossession in the UK and you attend the hearing it is very likely that you will keep your home.

To all you finger pointers why can't someone own a home? If there was responsible lending everybody could, lenders and government could easily make it a reality. Except we have governments that have looked the other way for far to long allowing the banks to "self regulate" and greed and arrogance takes over. They make no money from people who pay their mortgage and bills so who are they going to go after?

Now people are starting to stand up for their rights and they don't like it, if they can't be bothered to have their contracts in order and full fill their legal requirements why should they not be challenged?

The majority of people do take responsibility for their debts and it is unfair to paint all debtors with the same brush, however the systems in place don't work for those of us who are trying to sort things out because they only work to keep us in debt not to get us out of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

What about placing a Federal common Law Lien Writ of Attachment on Real
and Personal Property on your own property, and in your name, for the amount of equity you have invested in your property. Common law liens should be serviced before the bank is paid off, ensuring that you receive your equity if the bank does foreclose. Once the banksters notice the common law lien attached to your property they might not even bother?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zolom

I am in a un-norm place to have had the cash to pay for my house I owe nothing on it but what my property taxes every year. People have gotten sucked into this "I must be out of my house and on my own from the time we are kids" I was part of that too. But I also started my own company and lived in a crappy studio apt. on top of a car garage at $250. per month while my business was taking off and making a large profit. I didn't go buy a car I drove at that time my POS honda CRX which I still have which got me to and from work. I slept on a Futon and I saved! I purchased my first house at 30 straight out cash money while most of my friends were up to their colletive rear ends in mortgage debt at age 21. I don't blame people for doing what you have been conditioned to do by the very system you uphold.What people don't understand is we have been condition to get in the system and be "Productive Americans" work hard for the American "dream" a home. Well let me tell all of you who have been blinded by this. "The American Dream" is a debt! A house is not an investment...IT IS A DEBT! DEBT!DEBT! My first house I purchased for cash @ a little over 200K was worth 530K 7 years later...Now does that seem funny to any of you? If you look past the conditioning of thinking how could a house I purchased for 200k all of a sudden be worth over 500k...wow...free money...I didn't earn that money it was created out of thin air.Free money I was soo tempted to cash out some and just spend it..And I'll tell ya right now my fiancee was all about that..lol. But I didn't and my next house I bought I paid the same amount for as my first. And I took that free money and I now am off the energy grid cause we have solar panels and in fact I sell energy back to the energy company. And I still owe nothing but property taxes. I purchsed my cars all 4 out right no banks. I pulled all my accounts from BOA and now deal with a small bank that has no ties into large banks and if they do I'll pull my accounts again,again,again,again I don't care. The only way to get out of this mess is to stop paying into these companies that are set up to own you. SAVE PEOPLE....SAVE ALL YOUR MONEY POSSIBLE. And save as much as you can in cash,gold,whatever will hold value. Don't listen to people who have been voted into office from 2 choices to tell you how to get out of this mess. They are paid by the very system you pay taxes into. They don't want you saving cause if no money is in the system the system gets weak. And then the rich and powerful become weak cause they have no influence. Save your money don't spend it guys don't buy in.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

She is a criminal because she is living in a house that she hasn't paid on in 2 years. Pay you bills or get the hell out.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
they dont have to produce the actual note. they will certify an existing copy. if you happen to read the whole contract of the mortage, witch most dont. you will see were it is stated that the actual deed is not needed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
For the 6th time now, and still unanswered....

Why do you hold the defaulter to the contract, but you do not hold the bank to the same contract?

Care to answer? Or maybe those people that won't answer are bankers themselves.

Why do you people hold the people who took the loans to one legal standard, but hold the banks to another legal standard?

What's the matter? Didn't the BANKS read the loan? Didn't the BANKS realize they were CONTRACTUALLY (i.e., legally) required to have the original note? Aren't the banks being IMMORAL for not holding up their CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS? Are the banks being thieves, because if they don't hold the original note, they aren't the actual HOLDER OF THE DEBT? Aren't the banks being EXTORTIONISTS, because they cannot PROVE they hold the debt?

I know if I went and put a lien on someone's house/property, and they disputed the lien, and I could not prove that I had an actual note, I would be charged with a whole mess of things. (And, there have been quite a few people charged for exactly those things, if you care to look them up.)

Why are you letting the banks slide on what could be FELONIES?

Once again, I ask: Why do you hold the defaulter to the contract, but you do not hold the bank to the same contract?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

The banks or mortgage institutions hold the title or deed. What is the problem?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Without producing the ORIGINAL note (as required by LAW), how do you KNOW the banks hold the "title or deed"?

I now claim that I own the mortgage to your house. Since, by your own rules, I do not have to produce the original note, how soon can I expect your check?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by stevegmu

Without producing the ORIGINAL note (as required by LAW), how do you KNOW the banks hold the "title or deed"?

I now claim that I own the mortgage to your house. Since, by your own rules, I do not have to produce the original note, how soon can I expect your check?

Not sure what you are getting at. The note is the promise to pay a loan, while the title or deed is proof of ownership. The two are not interchangeable.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold too much optimism for this tactic, judges in Pinellas County, Florida are wise to this... so they tell lenders, banks to file the 'note' first with the courts before they'll accept any foreclosure paperwork.

On a personal note, I knew someone who stopped their foreclosure dead in it's tracks using that technique, sadly nobody else in Pinellas county will be able to do that. I'm sure many more courts will adopt the same policy on foreclosure proceedings.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
www.brasschecktv.com...

This is a great site with video. "Stay Put!"

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TroyB

That's ok. They should have done it all along.

In fact I might as well put my thoughts here as well.

I don't care if you did something, the bank did, or whatever.
Life is a Bitch! Get over it.

I've lost time and income because of this crap. I will just find something else. sucks, but I'll just do it.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Oh another thing.

If anybody does not like any of this, do something about it!

Fix the Govt.

Get Rid of the Federal Reserve Bank.

Go back to the Constitution and the Fed Govt would not have the power to do any of this.

Push and support your local and then state to lean on the Feds.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for that antar! I just sent it off to my address book.

The scumbag banks can KMA. Join a credit union.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join