It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you told your Family Yet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
It sux cause i feel when TSHTF my family and friends will come running to me for help and assistance..

Yep. They will, and out of sheer fear.

Then once they see what you have, panic will mean they will try to control the situation, using your resources of course. Your well thought of plans you established over many years will go down the toilet, replaced by a fear based plan thought up in several minutes.

I tried getting a small group together with a plan to make it easier on us all. I was prepared to finance it all myself, only asking for some time and effort from others. They all agreed it was a good idea, but when it came to putting in time and effort, things like TV shows or someone else's birthday suddenly came their priority.

When TSHTF and they ask what's happening with "the plan", I'm just going to say I didn't bother because no one seemed very interested. I will then take my supplies and go off myself. I'm all for supporting each other in a small group, but I will not support those I will have to look after due to their own ignorance.

BTW, a good way to "wake people up" I've discovered is this. Rather then tell people what is going on, you are better off creating desire in them to want to know about something.

I completely woke one person up by this: He asked a casual question about UFOs, knowing I had an interest in them. I looked at him with a serious look and tone and said "I don't want to talk about that subject".

This generated a form of shock in him, as it was the last thing he expected from me. To this day, he thinks (I heard from elsewhere) that I truly have discovered something unbelievable, and have been threatened not to talk about it. He's dying to know what it is, and now spends most of his time researching UFOs...

If mind control is the enemy, I see no wrong making it an ally. Fight fire with fire.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What is SitX ? i dont understand what is going on - what is everyone preparing for ? i cant get past the strange ufo websites that are full of past events and quite alot of imagination is required to make the stories appear real - i cant find any stuff that seems like somthing we should be scared of ? can anyone help - in basic terms ? im dislexic , thankyou

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis3.14

Originally posted by george_gaz
Hi all,

I read threads like this with interest. You all seem to be very serious about it and ahead of the game.

However, I am skeptical as to whether such a post-apocalyptic scenario would actually arise ... why do you think such a situation could occur where all of this is necessary?

Cheers

The way the economy is, USA mostly, it cant sustain its self. Collapse is imminent. What do you think will happen then? We will have to start all over again. Thats if all the other theories are wrong, 2012, aliens coming to visit, planet X and so on.

OK yeah so the economy is in dire straights but do you really think that it will get so bad that the US will simply implode into a post-apocalyptic scene?
What with human rights as it is these days surely the government will not allow the people to fall into such disarray?

I think it is because I just cannot envisage and get my head around such a situation arising. Of the very little faith I have in governments that slice of faith that remains still makes me believe that they would never let their people succumb to such atrocities whereby there is no food, water, electricity, what with it being the 21st Century and all.

So in the US is this mentality of storage becoming commonplace? I have seen nothing of the sort in the UK and our economy too is on a downturn.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Luckily for me, I work in a bank , and before you start saying all all my fault personally like someone else on this site has stated hear me out.
I can see how bad its getting even here in the UK.
I can see how many people have been affected by the current economic crisis, I can see it getting worse as Governments try to 'baillout' failing companies instead of saving the money for the people that need it more. Let the companies fail and deal with the jobless after, but so, even at the begining of this month we saw another crisis , the worst snowfall for near 2 decades.
The whole country ground to a halt .
Now in my situation with the family and friends I have, I warned them about 3 months ago to start stocking up on food and fuel in light of the credit crisis and food shortages over winter. A few laughed and said " nothings going to happen" , " your over reacting" and so on.
But when the snow fell and everything stopped, ransport, shops, fuel pumps and emergency services, those that listened had actually stocked up with food, enough to last a couple of weeks at least. I even asked my Mum who was taking my Nan home after looking after her for a week to get some food in as the signs aren't good for the next couple of weeks, She did just that Saturday and then sunday night the snow started to fall. If I hadn't had given her the heads up , My Nan would've gone hungry over the following week.
It never hurts to have a little food , especially rice or pasta and water , and fuel for motors / generators in store , just in case.
just keep 'stock rotating' to make use of the older foodstuffs and fuel , replace as soon as you can.
The people who laughed at my comments suffered, and said "everything wil be fine, the Government will look after us". How I laughed at them before saying the Government couldn't help even if they wanted to, they were snowed in as well.
You have to look after yourself and your family and friends, those that don't want to listen , then fine just say " I'm giving you a heads up, it can't help to be prepared incase of an emergency."
If it doesn't happen then great, you haven't wasted all your time and money saving for the end of civilisation, but if it does , you'll be in a better position to adapt to the future than you would be if you didn't prepare.
As for telling people I have told my Wife, my Mother and other family members, I've told friends socially, and select work colleagues, anyone who doesn't listen , fine, go your own way. Just smile and walk away.
Some people have looked at me strange but I don't mind, I'd even help them in a pinch, let them be grateful you've even tried to be prepared.

[edit on 25/2/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Tell family is the hardest thing.... in the end, they are the protecters
of status quo... i keep thinking, if we cant save our family, who can?

Movies are good ways to deal with this.

Zeigeist.
Zeigeist Addendum.
Kymatica

This last one (Kymatica) has a brutal scene, so kids shouldnt see
this untill they are 14-15....

God help us all.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by RobertPaulsim]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
My take on the issue of Significant Other is that there are going to be some hard decisions to be made.If s/he has no plan and can't follow directions and you stick with hir,you're both screwed.It does no good to arm up and prepare if they don't have your back and,for instance,let their crazy crack head sister into your house where she cases the joint and steals who knows what.Or worse interferes in a deadly conflict because of a fuzzy notion of morality.
Half a plan and sorta listening is about all most of us got in our families.For me,starving was what got me serious.Learn now how to say,"No"If you get all your slack taken by relatives who are consumerists,you'll have none left when a truly deserving one comes along.One who will be a help not a hindrance.People who think they deserve to mock and ridicule your planning and prep,yet because they are related also feel entitled to all you have to"share" are the worst.Sharing is reciprocal and taking is terminal to survival.After all everyone must be related to someone else,they can go on to the others.If you don't have a plan you become a part of someone else's plan.People who back stab you now will do the same later when highly stressed.When it matters they might not be willing to fill magazines and hand you ammo in a fire fight.You may have to ignore naysayage while fighting for your life and theirs.Unstable people don't just snap out of it when you really need their co-operation.A partner is best,but going it alone is better than utter confusion brought about by one who thinks they think and should be heard,RIGHT NOW.I know I'm coming off as a jerk,I am.But I have paid some pretty high prices for the lessons gained.The worst part is afterwards,if you survive,s/he won't take any ownership of any of the problems they caused.NONE.
Don't forget the Beano all you bunker types eating all those beans,wouldn't wanna go THAT way.Might be embarASSing. And forget the full auto why you wanna waste all that ammo shooting at the sky?I'll take a bolt action 308 from a position any day over a machine gun.With a scope so you can see what you're doing.Finally a night vision,pvs-7 there is no cover in the dark for the bad guys/gals then and methinks that is what they would try.And fun looking up for UFO's.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
you people are WAY to paranoid.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yes my family knows, if I am wrong, what is the harm, I am just crazy. If I am right, I might help their survival.

However, the ammo thing is wrong. That will lower your vibration, and you might actually be in the wrong space if there is a metaphysical shift as part of this.

Personally, if we lose 3 billion people, you can shoot me. I know I will get tired of all those bodies and burying them, and burnings them, and blood, loss, grief, the last thing I want to do is kill someone, if they must they can take me. At least I will not carry their death on my soul. Why is it that some ET's will let their own life be taken instead of kill one of us, that is some, not all. Because you bring it forward.

I think you are brave in many respects for starting to prepare. Stocking the ammo, is indicative of the problem in the first place. Your life is not worth supporting that industry. Give it up. If everyone ends up being a bunch of ingrates with no value on life like the movies portray where humans are nothing but a bunch of dogs wearing suits, I am not interested in living here anyway.

The need for self protection must end. The beginning of compassion must start. Learn how to be an agent for change, take a negotiations course, or self defence with disarming tactics, or ascension, anything, but please, choose a path away from violence.

And everyone here, should get some "ORAL REHYDRATION SALTS". They are $10 for a package, and when you go to get them and have to order them in many cases you will see why Cholera will take so many lives in the case of a crisis, for others sake stock up. I have three packages thrown in the medicine cabinet, not so much for myself, but others.

Originally posted by branty
Secretly ,well by myself, loaded up a boatload of ammo. I tried to let the missus know how

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I remember my uncle horded a bunch of canned food and water for Y2k. He was sure he was going to need it. I personally thought nothing was going to happen, and guess what, it didnt. I guess it is always better to be safe then sorry but I think you all are panicking a little too much. Things will have to get a lot worse before I start hording food and water. After all 90% of the population still are working and are paying their mortgage on time, including me.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Fortunately, my wife saw the writing on the wall years back. We've been planning and preparing all the way back when I worked in EMS.

While, I was working as a liaison to the Office of Emergency Management I worked directly with FEMA and other agencies. This was prior to 9/11. We, my wife and I, understood something was amiss.

We moved to a small farm, bought a fallback property in the middle of nowhere, and have bought many supplies.

I don't pretend to know what's next but it's not good.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

So in the US is this mentality of storage becoming commonplace? I have seen nothing of the sort in the UK and our economy too is on a downturn.

It isnt even close to commonplace. The only place I hear this is on this board and other conspiracy/doom and gloom boards. I figure it is less the 1% of 1% of the population even considering this. The only thing people are hording is cash. There is no talk of shortage of water or food so I really dont see the point of going out and buying cases of canned foods or water at this point. But I guess it is always better to be safe then sorry.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by tide88]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here's another one for you to consider for the future. Today (wed.), the official comissioning of the Bushehr nuclear power has begun.(Iran)

So what? Means they are ready. Tors defense up, Oniks missiles ready. There is going to be a big problem here folks and it will probably impact the US economy.

I don't work for any intelligence agency, but I would say that the Russians will resupply Iran if a conflict starts. This may be why they so soundly defended South Ossetia during the Georgian conflict recently.(to keep possible supply lines open)

The fur could fly.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have spoken with my other half, she is allowing me to get on with what I need to do. I now she thinks I'm crazy.
The worst thing is, she has told her auntie who also looks at me as if to say " your crazy ".

Funny thing is, If the SHTF, the auntie would be the first at my door begging for help.

I now only release the info that I want them to know.

I really hope something bad does not happen, but I have always had a feeling that something would during my lifetime.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My husband and i are both on the same page..I've been reading and researching for longer so I'm a few sentences ahead of him.. I truly believe that we will soon be in some serious Crap...Although he knows about the crises, knows about the NWO..he doesn't see it...... So I put things away without his knowledge and keep it to my self. I have approached him about buying Heirloom seeds which I told him I will not bend on, becuase if it's a choice between preparing for the kids safety and waiting it out..He's knows where I stand. How can I make him understand not just the reality of the situation, he's already informed, just hasn't let it hit him yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I heard the on the TV the other day.. "We need to think about the unthinkable becuase when the unthinkable happens, thinking stops!"

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm a single father of two sons, ages 17 and 15. My eyes were opened about a year ago and since then have been talking to them about the REAL world and what is going without trying to alarm them and give them no hope for the future. This has become quite a balancing act.

Over the past year I've managed to store cases of water, a small amount of freeze dried food, some canned food, other necessities, firearms and about 1000 rounds of ammo for each. I'd like to be able to store more in less time however being a single father money is tight. I still have college to think about for them as well as other expenses.

I talk to my sons about the lies they here in the mainstream media as well as the ones they here in school, which by the way, has become an Orwellian nightmare including many security guards and enough cameras to cover a few city blocks. I take them to the firing range to proctice our marksmenship as much as I can.

I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best!

Good luck to all and hope to meet some of you in the future!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I used to worried about it.. but now I dont really care if I look like a nutcase.. anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together should be able to jokingly get passed "yah the gov is corrupt and politicians are deceitful"

its way beyond that now.. and they are coming right out and lying straight up.. they dont care if we figure it out because they know the vast majority of people are too scared and wont do anything.

I say, be prepared, if nothing happens then great! if not.. then you'll be ready

just make sure ya dont get put on some list while stalking up would be my advice, if anything that said on this board is true you can rest assured that "they" are keeping watch of who is against and for them.

I commend all my fellow brothers/sisters for getting ready and openly discussing controversial topics (to say the least) on this board.. you are a courageous bunch and I wish each and everyone of you (even if I dislike or disagree with you) all the best in the future

WE WILL UNITE AND WIN!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
I remember my uncle horded a bunch of canned food and water for Y2k. He was sure he was going to need it. I personally thought nothing was going to happen, and guess what, it didnt. I guess it is always better to be safe then sorry but I think you all are panicking a little too much. Things will have to get a lot worse before I start hording food and water. After all 90% of the population still are working and are paying their mortgage on time, including me.

Your uncle didn't loose anything. He could still eat the stored food and drink the stored water. So what harm was done in preparation.

If you wait till the time a disaster comes to prepare, you will have waited too long. The food will be cleared from the shelves of the stores in two hours from the time of realization of disaster. By the time you get there to "stock up" the doors will be locked to keep order.

I'm fortunate to have a wife who is supportive of my stocking up inclinations. I have put a months supply of freeze-dried foods in storage each of the last 12 months (now have 1 yrs. supply for two in stock). With a shelf life of 15-20 years, these foods are ready to be used anytime.

Water is most important, since you will die after a few days without it. Storing it in plastic bottles long term is questionable. If the sunlght hits it algae can form, so keep them in a dark place. A better way to store water is in 55 gal. Heavy-duty, thick, polyethylene food grade-plastic barrels, as below:

beprepared.com...[[ProductNameURL]]

I'm kinda like one of the earlier posters on the subject of ammo. I have a 22 rifle and some ammo. But, if I have to start killing others by the carloads, I would have to wonder if I'd want to survive in a world such as that.

Remember that the "pre" in prepare means beforehand...and may God be with you and yours.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by romanmel]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicaviv

I heard the on the TV the other day.. "We need to think about the unthinkable becuase when the unthinkable happens, thinking stops!"

Hey, be carefull with that! Thats a group behaviour pattern of fear....

Check "Esoteric Agenda" for more info on that...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join