It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who we are, why we are here the whole answer, the truth and it is not 42

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This thread is not condescending but is more my findings throughout life after seeking truth and I would like to share in the hope that someone can understand, add or prove it wrong in a way other than just saying its wrong.

What is the purpose of life or why are we here?

We are here to create infinite possibility from finite experiences.
That is why we have seperate lives and no two lives are the same and for that reason the above can be worked out.

What is the goal of life or the human race?

If we are here to create infinite possibility from the finite lives we have.
We will end with infinite knowledge, infinte experience which in turn is infinite wisdom and truth or god etc. Life itself is a paradox because we are to become the very thing that created us.

Why is the world so bad?

If we were created for the purpose that I have stated above then we must experience everything including the depths of evil just as we must with the greatest of good to give us the experience. If we did not then nothing would exist as the whole purpose would not be beneficial to us being here.

Who am I?

I will use a basic example I like to explain this one but it can fit to different ones as well

You are walking down the street and a man begs you for money, you kick him of your shoes and tell him NO.
"You are only hurting yourself" - because he will be you, has been you and you will be him or have been him.
So eventually you will understand why people do bad because you will be bad and you will know good because you will be good as well.
If we all understood and eventually we will, the world would not be so bad because we would finally understand that we are all the same thing in the end resulting in a world that no longer follows the current motive of "one mans pain is another mans gain"

If you actually understand what I have written you will have no more need to fear anything whatsover and it should open a rabbit hole of sense for you.

A few quotes to ponder on

"All roads lead to Rome"
"The man in the mirror"
"What goes around comes around"
"Judge not; Lest ye be judged"
"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself"
"Absent from the body present with the Lord"
"God created man in his own image"

Hope some people can understand and if not id appreciate a question or feel free to add anything etc.

Unfortunately or fortunately I do not have a youtube link, a website or anything to link as this is based on my own experience and not a copy of someone elses viewpoints. I have also condensed this as I prefer not to post a massive topic that is a few posts long as it tends to be ignored.

All opinions welcomed.

Cheers and thanks for reading or posting in advance

[edit on 24-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
This thread is not condescending but is more my findings throughout life after seeking truth and I would like to share in the hope that someone can understand, add or prove it wrong in a way other than just saying its wrong.

We are here to create infinite possibility from finite experiences.
That is why we have seperate lives and no two lives are the same and for that reason the above can be worked out.

In simple terms, The purpose of life, is to complete itself,in thisreality, i.e the universe.

If we are here to create infinite possibility from the finite lives we have.
We will end with infinite knowledge, infinte experience which in turn is infinite wisdom and truth or god etc. Life itself is a paradox because we are to become the very thing that created us.

The goal of the human race, is to gain knowledge from this reality in time. As there is no limits and no real ending. This is just a small step to reach higher conciousness. We are already are, not becoming. We are just becoming aware that we are creating the complete image of ourselves.

Why is the world so bad?

If we were created for the purpose that I have stated above then we must experience everything including the depths of evil just as we must with the greatest of good to give us the experience. If we did not then nothing would exist as the whole purpose would not be beneficial to us being here.

The world is good and bad, its is duality. Like light and darkness, life and death. Both is needed for balance. The universe is full of polarity. It's how the universe expands. Completiion is the universe collasping. Good and bad, is the journey of chaos. We life, are the concious part of the universe, for we are here to understand what we are doing in time and distance.

It just so happens our existence is unbalanced. The universe is unbalanced naturally, since the big bang phenomenon. It's called chaos and expansion.

Who am I?

I will use a basic example I like to explain this one but it can fit to different ones as well

You are walking down the street and a man begs you for money, you kick him of your shoes and tell him NO.
"You are only hurting yourself" - because he will be you, has been you and you will be him or have been him.
So eventually you will understand why people do bad because you will be bad and you will know good because you will be good as well.

Good and bad, is only there for you to understand balance, or reach balance. Good and bad aspects are need for completion.

Good and bad, is just two sides of chaos and perfection.

If we all understood and eventually we will, the world would not be so bad because we would finally understand that we are all the same thing in the end resulting in a world that no longer follows the current motive of "one mans pain is another mans gain"

It's alot to do with the cycles of the earth and space. Things are good, and sometimes its not. It's a pattern that will go on forever, or well in this universe. Earth is only a vehicle. Its only a passage of time. We ourselves are the conciousness of all contained around us, we accend further.

If you actually understand what I have written you will have no more need to fear anything whatsover and it should open a rabbit hole of sense for you.
U understand everything, but we live in unbalnced world, so fear is necessarry, in order to complete.

"All roads lead to Rome"
"The man in the mirror"
"What goes around comes around"
"Judge not; Lest ye be judged"
"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself"
"Absent from the body present with the Lord"
"God created man in his own image"

I understand these quotes and see these happen everyday.
Great thread.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
nice post

I understand all that you have said and agree with it...but...i think since we are human we can only think in a human way. There is a lot that we just can't understand yet, when we evolve into some more intelligent being then we will begin to see ultimate reality and have more answers.

So i think you should remember that there is still more to learn and never think that you have all the answers, but keep philosophizing and never stop...there is more to the story, even if you think you have solved it all. Try and find that next question, the one you have never asked yourself before, and try to answer it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

To make heartfelt communication with other human beings.
To recognize ourselves and all similarities in every other human being we come in to contact with and share many humbling and poignant moments with one another.

To break free from all the shackles of oppression and rid ourselves and our world of every type of ISM there is.
To live in peace and harmony and for the benefit of every individual.
To realize that all knowledge we seek and every answer to every question is already inside ourselves and each other.
To reach a state of collective consciousness and evolve spiritually and mentally for the advancement of the human race.

Why is the world so bad?

Because we cannot shake of the animalistic instincts and urges we are (or think we are) pre-programmed with.
Because of greed and corruption and other deplorable human conditions.
Because we allow it to be....through apathy and inertia.

And because we don't (collectively) realize that we have the power and capacity to change it.

Who am I?

You are and individual soul on a a journey through space/time to an unknown destiny.
You are a result of everything around you and everyone you've met and every good and bad experience in your life.

You are a human being....living and breathing and full of wonder and life

Peace my friend

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
From the replies in this thread so far it seems that people are singing from the same sheet but with a different perception in explanation.

That makes sense to me as you should already know from my original post.

Life is a fascinating paradox at the very least the way I see it.

I have always tried to give a reason as to my logic with an explanation.

I am interested to see how many see my viewpoint or anothers and why?

[edit on 13-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why? Whats the point to all of this?

I have pondered long on what life is and what reality is, but once I let myself become a child again, I started to see through new eyes, and saw the world for what it really is...
a playground.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean.

I still see no harm in having a good deep thinking session?

As long as you do not let it control your playtime if you get me.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I believe that I am here because 2 animals categorized as homosapienssapiens had sex. biology did what it did.

If there is any purpose to my life, it is the purpose I imagine no matter what excuse I use to color it.

but truth...

hmmm

truth is probably what we can say about a thing when what what we say has a factual component and a mapping onto some fact of the matter.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
I believe that I am here because 2 animals categorized as homosapienssapiens had sex. biology did what it did.

If there is any purpose to my life, it is the purpose I imagine no matter what excuse I use to color it.

but truth...

hmmm

truth is probably what we can say about a thing when what what we say has a factual component and a mapping onto some fact of the matter.

Truth: No two lives are the same
Our lives are seperate
Our lives are finite
We all have different experiences because no two lives are the same.

The truths above give you a point and from there I have based this thread upon them.

Simple logical explanation by linking one to another. But of course it could be wrong. We will not know until we die. Perception is what is making the difference until then.

This is the reason I spoke of truth anyhow.

Cheers

[edit on 16-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Very subjective stuff huh?

For some darwinists, life is no more than survive and replication.

For me, It's about experience, evolution, progress, fun and learning. And many other things.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged, I agree with you almost completely (although I'm sure we differ, as you explained).

We are physical incarnations of energy controlled by our consciousness, here to learn through experience and develop over our different incarnations. One of the major aspects we are here to learn, for not only ourselves, but the All, is individuality, true indiviuality.

I could only really explain the All as the culmination of everything, the closest thing to a God I have found. I am but one in a sea of consciousness, experiencing our own little slice everytime we choose to incarnate, in whatever form we choose.

Can a universal consciousness know individuality? Can the whole itself, be considered a form of individuality? If so, would it not be curious as to what it would be like to not know everything.

Again, great thread, one of the best I've seen here recently.

EMM

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
These are all very good points to ponder on, Probably add another hour to my thinking time before I can fall asleep.

I think to me I would prefer that life had a meaning and some hidden truth to it rather than just some biological systems and chemical reactions... maybe this search for truth is really just our minds way of coping with the fact that there isn't more out there, seriously don't want to believe that but it is a possibility...

As it was said, how can we truly know what's it all about until we've done what we have come here to do and passed on, all we have are guesses and feelings, unless someone out there on ATS has a bit of personal hands on experience in the matter...

I mean seriously in the end, how do we know it's not 42?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Truth: No two lives are the same
Our lives are seperate
Our lives are finite
We all have different experiences because no two lives are the same.

The truths above give you a point and from there I have based this thread upon them.

Simple logical explanation by linking one to another. But of course it could be wrong. We will not know until we die. Perception is what is making the difference until then.

This is the reason I spoke of truth anyhow.

Cheers

[edit on 16-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

I know that I have to be careful with self referencing propositions.
What you propose is a near tautology.

It does seem that no two lives are the same.
It also seems that all our lives are lived separately.

Yet I am not sure that my life is finite given all that is discussed about that everywhere, meaning that I simply don't know that, though I suspect it is so.

I suspect that we all have different experiences because we filter things differently, subjectively person to person, based on perception and also psychology, so I am unsure of any causal connection as the notion that my experiences are different "because" my life is not yours or anyone else's.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I like that part where you are saying that the Truth is not 42...

I vaguely remember hearing something about.

Would you elaborate a little for me?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well the number 42 is an intersting number itself.

Within this specific thread I was referencing to the book or movie, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I do not know if you have read or watched the movie.

There is a particular part where the ultimate computer is created to give the answer to life, the universe and everything. After millions of years the computer gives the answer and it is 42.

They then need to find the ultimate question to understand the ultimate answer and the film makes out that the system to create the ultimate question is so complicated that life itself is involved and it will be called earth.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by blupblup
You are and individual soul on a a journey through space/time to an unknown destiny.
You are a result of everything around you and everyone you've met and every good and bad experience in your life.

You are a human being....living and breathing and full of wonder and life

Peace my friend

Never a truer word spoken, as you say every contact and influence has helped shape you but remember still, it is what you take from it is what makes you the person you are
Perception

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Oh! That's right! I forgot!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Why does life or the human race have to have a purpose?
Why do we need a reason to be here?
Why does life or the human race need to have a goal?
Are good and bad not moral judgements?
Why do you need to know who you are?
Why not just be happy and accept what is?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by XXXN3O

Why does life or the human race have to have a purpose?
Why do we need a reason to be here?
Why does life or the human race need to have a goal?
Are good and bad not moral judgements?
Why do you need to know who you are?
Why not just be happy and accept what is?

Well again take some more truths.

Is there a reason that an animal such as a tiger has claws and large teeth?
Is there a reason human beings have teeth?
Is there a reason that a building has foundations of concrete?

Everything on this planet is built on reasons for it existing or it would not be there in the first place.

Therefore there is a reason we are here or we would not be here.

Its the same as inventing something daft such as rollerskates with paintbrushes attached to them, nobody would buy it so it will never exist as it makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Based on what I have said in above posts.

We live, we experience, learn and then die.

Imagine the start of the human race and every single action taken, experienced and the wisdom gained.

Imagine that single perception is something that is taken away in death.

In death it would mean that every single person who ever existed in the past, present and future died at the same time.

Merge it all together.

You become one with god.

Alpha and Omega.

As for hell etc, imagine the exact same scenario only you are cut off from having an influence in the finished creation in exactly the same way that a human being (made in gods image) would learn from a bad experience and put it to the back of their mind and never act like that again.
To be part of something that ignores you forever in any action made and judges you because it knows good.

Maybe a better way to look at this if it is hard to grasp would be to imagine who you are, with another personality inside you taking over and you can do nothing but watch it live what you feel is your life. Imagine that with all of the human race that is good judging the part that is bad in this manner.

That would certainly be a "hell" for anyone who is not welcome.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join