It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIp Hop as Sublime Message?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Barunson

Lol

You Storm Fronters are hilarious!

Keep up the good work

Huh? That's pretty rude. Rap still sucks though.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Barunson]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
lots of people here just sound like another generation of old folks to me. old folks hated jazz, blues, rock and just about any other genre of music you can name and are always talking about the music of "the good ol' days". and anybody that was halfway famous drove big cars, smoked dope and treated women as objects. rat pack anyone? guns and roses?

Here's an idea. maybe we should fix some of these problems going on in our country? is money made by selling dope on the corner any dirtier than guaging oil prices or capitalizing on someone elses misfortune? for someone to capitaize, someone has to get over on someone else.

and who gives a $h!t whether you like rap or not.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by passengername]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfinch

The best artists are:

Canibus
Immortal Technique
Paris
Jedi Mind Tricks
Ras Kass
Wu-Tang Clan
Public Enemy
Pharoahe Monch
Killah Priest
Non Phixion

i agree... these are definately the best artists to look for...

immortal technique and jedi mind tricks above all

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Surprised no one has mentioned 2pac here, he was all about politics/sending a message. Also, even though today's gangsta rap is corporate generated garbage, early 90s gangsta rap were the rap artists of south central L.A.'s way of portraying the world that they live in. Ice Cubbe is a smart ass dude and even snoop before he sold out actually had some meaningful portrayals in his songs back in the day. Go listen to "Little Ghetto Boy" off of the original Chronic album.

It's rappers today like G-Unit and whoever else that's giving things a bad wrap. Instead of exposing the harsh realities of the ghetto like early gangsta rappers, they glamorize it and compare themselves to mafiosos and such. And then we have hip-hop artists who turn nursrey rhymes into club bangers

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
And Talib Kweli, Killa Priest & Guru. They are all poets.

I think its Wu-Tang thats got that song which starts," Bin Laden didnt knock down the towers, tell the truth, it was you....Bush knocked down the towers, Bush knocked down the towers."

Some lil gangstas been watchin Farenheit911

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Anybodh here heard of Saul Williams? He did an interview in the Wake up Show, Vol 8 that sums up this thread.

The conspiracy, "republican rappers", basically all the ballin' thug pimp rappers who say nothing positive or useful in 10,000 words, unless you consider blatant mega-materialism positive, are getting paid by corporate america to spread it's message. Meanwhile kids bobbong their head in an afirmative motion to the glorified ideas of platinum, ice, rides, cribs, and get it no matter what it takes. The corporate government is served twice by these fools, once by providing a market in useless but expensive crap, and by keeping common man at war, whether it be some kid gettin mugged for his nikes in the park, or diamond wars in sierra leone, they laugh while we shooting at each other.

Remember when Ice T came out with the Body Count album? He got banned pretty quick. His message was violence against athourity, which he needed to employ for shock value, to sell albums, to be controversial enough to get heard. But, if you really listened to the album it's more about unity of the common man against the oppressors, and that unity message is what really got him banned.

Republican rap is NOT hip hop.

Hip hop is about expresion of your emotions, not your wealth. The peoples who started hip hop came from the streets, seen and done lots of stuff, lived to tell, so the art form in itslf sprang from an already impoverished and oppressed class of society, so hip hop inherently will contain violent overtones. People who grew up in a harsh world aren't gonna be rappin' about sunshine, flowers, and rainbows.

Ever hear of Clarence 13x?

Amongst his teachings, one prominent view in the hip hop community is that of the 5 percent, the 10 percent, and the 85 percent.

Basically there's 5 percent of the people on this planet who have the ability to see "the matrix" or are basically truly righteous, basically this group has a high bs filter and are not easily fooled, manipulated or brainwashed because they see the blatantcy, somehow their minds are not corrupted with a curse of cozy materaialism as a core value. Subsequnetly lots of 5 percenters use hip hop to spread the message where it's needed most, to the youth who need knowledge, structure and some direction of conepts, encouraging you to think. The 10 percent ins "the man", or those knowingly or unknowingly (see: Republican rappers above) keep the population below them, struggling, and remain the elite, or in the employ of the elite corporate government power structure. The 85 percent? Well, that's everybody else, the tv watchers, the fat dumb and happy, the "uncivilized content", the sheeple, those who keep warring amongst each other over trivial materialistic things, the 50 hour a week slaves to their comforatable isolation chamber life, force fed mind control drugs and social programming.

The teachings also state that the righteous man is god, the righteous woman, earth, and that the invisible man in the sky doesn't exist. Basically that wise and intelligent man seeking truth and living in harmony wit the universe is god of himself. This concept (which i believe to be a more realistic theology and a fairly good metaphor for the quantum universe) gives kids with nothing empowerment with the knowledge that they are god, and that they are ultimately in control of their world with thought.

Oh, and from Jedi Mind Tricks, check out "Communion: Crop Circle Thesis" from the Psycho-Social Biological album.

Communion< br />

Follow me beyond the cloud
In the stratosphere, to the House of El Huul
It should lead you to a place opposite my heavenly throne
In the temple of ancient Kimet
Who discovered the wonders and the 24 elders
These beings, the Rasqiniaans
Come to enlighten you
With supreme Mathematics
Dramatically stood
12 disagreeable
12 agreeable
7 feet tall in diameter
These elders sit
On the flight in the craft Niburu
Passing through the universe density levels
Heading straight for the wrath of Andromeda
Elliptical physical galaxy
Containing beings in the line of Dracos
Stomping on negative snakes like Broncos
Create magnetic field around my aura
Incapacitating ships
Negative energy creates the spiritual slaughter
Where you dwell in the physical world is horror!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem

I think its Wu-Tang thats got that song which starts," Bin Laden didnt knock down the towers, tell the truth, it was you....Bush knocked down the towers, Bush knocked down the towers."

That's Technique Immortal

Check out some of his other tunes!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
get your thoughts together but please don't let this be a "blame hiphop for America's problems" thread.

could it be you are just surprised that rappers are intelligent and do read and know about conpiracies and the NWO?

i know tupac was incredibly smart, he was a skilled poet (he has a lot of non-rap work he did with a college professor), and an intelligent individual

also, if the NWO DOES exist, i doubt that they'd use subliminal messages to get their point across. they're far too large of an organization to care about the weak minds

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1

Originally posted by Zenem

That's Technique Immortal

Check out some of his other tunes!

That's actually Immortal Technique, and he's an ill freestyler.

Check out Poor Righteous Teachers, they speak much on the NWO.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

also, if the NWO DOES exist, i doubt that they'd use subliminal messages to get their point across. they're far too large of an organization to care about the weak minds

Its the weak minds that allow the elite to fulfill their agendas. Ignorant and apathetic minds that care only about whats on TV and what they gonna do this weekend is what fules the power of the emperors of Earth. Weak minds no to know, or even care about how their world is being shape, or who it is affecting. They just ask the puppetmasters for someone to blame, and the masters tell them to blame their enemies. Those enemies are typically the ones who think against them.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think it could but indirect way.

they take people out of the reality of what it really is.

The put drugs and gun and love of volince in the lyrics.

and we forget what is the real problem is around and and creats more problems

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Guys I just figured out hip hops subliminal messages.

I'm rich you're a broke ass looser.
Hey! Look at my shiny chains.
I like your butt, it's hot and it's giving me an erection, I'm rich so lets do it biatch.
Like my mercedes?
My car has rims on it and they're larger than my IQ.
What looks better on me this versache plain white t shirt that I spent $500 dollars on cause I'm stupid or this big poofy jacket that makes me look bigger/stronger and tuffer than my weak ass 145lb frame actually is?
I have an unhealthy infatuation with tennis shoes.
crystal is the bomb cause it's expensive.
I like guns, can't shoot one strait, and probably can't figure out how to load it or chamber a round, but you'll believe me anyways cause I'm a "thug."
I'm from the hood...don't tell anyone that my dad or family friend is really an executive somewhere who got me a record deal with minimal effort and that I actually grew up in the suburbs. ...cause I'm hardcore.

And an extra special subliminal message if your a sean paul fan:
Rum da lumd da domda da de oh....iooohhhhh!!! what ever that means.

There are actually some rappers and hip hop artists out there that can actually flow, are insightful and do have a message that isn't trite and naive. It's just a shame they are upsurped by the stupid corporate acts.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not sure if the NWO is using rappers or hip hop artists though. I could see them all at secret meetings in under ground bunkers with the kabal.
George Bush " alright I need you to confince the masses into blindly following the NWO."

Thug Rapper "I like diamonds in my mouth."

Dick Chaney "thats great but could you just try and work sopme of these talking points into your next album?"

Thug Rapper "Want to see my mercedes?"

GB- "thats a fast car. Zoom Zoom!! My daddy bought me one once."

ANonymous Illuminante Reptiliod Pawn " Uh what geaorge was saying is can you add maybe a few lines in your next tune where people should abandon all hope and start falling in line with the NWO?"

THug Rapper "Bling Bling!!! Eye-oohhhhhh!!!! I'm hardcore!"

Leader of NWO " perfect! Now go out there and make some hit albums!" Pats thug rapper on ass and sends him back to the surface world to do Reptiliod bidding.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just poking some fun at stupid corporate music acts. Don't flame me guys. I actually get what your saying and am glad that rappers/hip hop artists are trying to get the word out that the govt. is bending us all over like gay convicts.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Bass, I must say your example of their meetings is quite entertaining, and would not be surprised if it worked like that at all. Unforutnatey, I do not believe the POTUS would actually be at the meeting, but Cheney might. In all honesty, I think the President Bush knows only a little bit more about whats shaping the world as the majority of the public. It is the parasitic organisms that make up the staff around him that pull the strings.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It depends who you listen to. I don't like the general attitude towards drinking, drugs, and sex in it. But I like Nelly's songs, because I do find some of them are inspiring no matter where your from. I wouldn't say 'they're wrong.', but all we know for sure, the rich of the rich and in politics like to keep it all in their families. That's all I know for sure, it is possible some of the conspiracies are true to an extent.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by masterp

Eazy-E started gangsta rap not dre..if not for Eazy...may not be no dre...thats a fact. check your facts.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Alot of the hip hop I listen to tries to reveal government conspiracies not promotoe NWO or whatever.

Black Helicopters - Non Phixion
The CIA Is Trying To Kill Me - Non Phixion
American History X - Ill Bill
(Which by the way, American History X is a GREAT movie about Neo Nazi's and such..I'm sure most of you have probably checked it out.)

These are very underground emcees. Both affiliated with Necro, who raps alot about very morbid things.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I spend almost every minute of every day listening to / creating Hip Hop. (REAL hip hop.) I believe that it's a highly important form of modern poetry, and requires huge amounts of skill and knowledge to a part of. Recent times have seen a decline in the content of the music (thanks to Lil Wayne and his friends) and we don't see a lot of real stuff being put out anymore which is frustrating.

Anyway, to get back to the point of this post..

I'm a huge underground head, and a big Jedi Mind Tricks fan.
I love the way they rap about subjects similar to the things we read/write about here on ATS. Roswell, Government, Ancient Civilisations, Conspiracies, Aliens, etc.

On one particular track 'Heavy Metal Kings', Vinnie Paz starts one of his verses with:

"You don't know about the gospel of Judas, or the information found in the Galapagos ruins.. how the warriors would sharpen their blades, how if they wanted to the Government could cure you of aids"

I've tried to research the Galapogas Ruins, but my search has returned nothing but information about giant turtles haha.

Does anybody know what he is referring to?

JPC

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Black on Both Sides is one of the greatest hiphop CDs ever made. I've replace it several times. Hey, maybe that's a conspiracy too. The NWO doesn't want me to bump Mos Def.

No seriously, I think Hiphop is popular right now because it's fun. The heavier hiphop isn't popular, but the Nelly's and Luda's get a gang of airplay. People like to dance and have a good time. It really doesn't have much to do with the NWO. Groups like PE aren't really part of the whole rap explosion. They are considered underground. Cannibus...my god...he's no where near above ground.

That's funny because I lost my Black on Both Sides CD also, it just might be a conspiracy! I've always meant to replace it but never got around to it.

Hip Hop has nothing to do with NWO unless a specific artist or group decides to talk about it. But, that's also true for any genre of music.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join