It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans not care anymore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Even if Obama had the best of intentions when taking the oath, as soon as he was wisked away and briefed...that was it...when they told him what he needed to know...it was over...he was bent over and that's that...the masters of the universe spoke and he crapped his pants...end of story...

[edit on 2/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The answer to this economic crisis is NOT to just print money and throw it at the problem. We need LESS taxes so people will start spending. This whole thing with the auto makers, instead of the feds giving them billions of dollars, how about giving every american a $6000 or $7000 credit towards a new vehicle? The plants would be busy manufacturing, people would have new cars, the economy would get stimulated.....but no, lets just give them taxpayer money. I think the Feds want control over major private businesses for whatever reason. I also highly disagree with nationalizing healthcare. Once they do that, it will take forever to get an operation or procedure done because you will be on a waiting list. Why do you think people from canda and other socialized healthcare countries come to the USA for operations???

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
circleof13.blogspot.com...

The "plan" is to control all resources, human and natural. The control is not by elected public officials, but by a self-appointed oligarchy. This is born out by reading the details of Article 21 and 39 of the "Convention On Biological Diversity." This treaty declares there are no reservation of rights. Article 21 mandates that three international organizations, the UNEP, UNDP and the World Bank, will direct and control "the policy, strategy, programme priorities and eligibility criteria relating to access to and utilization of resources" in each member country.
Read it and weep...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well, there you go. Its as plain as the nose on our faces.

How diabolical.

Worshiping the devil i guess will do this to mankind.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Edit: Off Topic...

Now come on...are you being serious or humoring me?
I don't know you well enough yet to disconcern subtle remarks

Edit:I hate you all...I'm a Insomniac...and you can go to sleep and leave me here all alone...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Goodness gracious. If I hear someone say the word “asleep” or “ignorant” again I am going to burst. The people here use these sayings like talking points on the news. Have a differing opinion than I do? You are ignorant and asleep like the masses of idiotic sheep blah blah blah. For people who want to “wake” everyone else up you couldn't be more counter productive when starting the verbal insults at the outset.

Why do Americans not care? What are you talking about?!?! People are tightening their budgets, buying cost effective products, and making sacrifices. Yes many are loosing their jobs, but I think it is to the credit of the American system that these people don't go out and start rioting. We here in the US know how destructive and useless a riot is to solving problems.

Another point I want to make is that not everyone agrees with what you are saying. We all don't mentally start from the point where the government is actively out to get us because they are lizard men or demons from hell. A lot of us understand that politicians are just people, people who are as imperfect as the rest of us. Yeah there are those who just want a big piece of the pie, but there are those who are really trying to fix this economic mess. You call them monsters because they have a different solution to the problem than yours.

Finally we care about the important things in life like family, friends, and being responsible for our actions. We go to work and try to save enough money to take care of those who are dependent on us. Is everybody making out like a bandit? No, but that is the way life is. Not everybody is going to live the high life, and that is fine because making gobs of money does not equate to happiness. You people who are calling for revolt are too materialistic. You want to smash the government, so long as you can loot what it is left of it after the downfall. The rest of us care about the safety of our loved ones, and know that starting a pointless war with the government will only hurt them in the long run.

I try to end every post with a constructive path that people can work towards, so how is this. Instead of calling everyone “asleep”, you stop making generalizations from the safety in numbers of like minded individuals here on ATS. You say your piece without insulting me, and maybe I will care to listen to you at that point. Till then you are just another person being a selfish example of why I “don't care” about the rest of this self-centered society.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NettleTea

Well...if you and "they" don't understand...

The Federal Reserve and the 12 (this time around) are the cause of all this...

In 1907..(think of Johnny Hortons in 1814 we took a little trip...)

A group of International Bankers on Jekyell Island, Ga devised a new "system"..."The Federal Reserve"...seriously look into this...Bankers & Interest are and have been the cause of all mans moneraty problems since 3000bc...(1600's in modern europian times)

The United States of America was founded on the basis of no taxation without representation...there was no "Federal Reserve"...Government was ment to be small and to be mainly for defense of the states...comerce was built on states own currency which defined a days wage for a days work or barter...most other income was from tarriffs on imports/exports...

please...do some reading on your own countrys inception and how it works before buying into this "modernistic" interest based ripoff...

The most Important thing you'll never read

The Creature from Jekyll Island
www.financialsense.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Dude, that is what I am talking about. I know about the Fed, but you just assume that people don't know about their nation's history.

Do you know about the commercial paper market? Do you know how leveraging in the market nearly shut down the economy? I am not going to judge you, because you either know about this stuff or you don't. That is the difference between you and I though. You have a different opinion than I do, but I don't assume that you are ignorant.

“Buying into this “modernistic” interest based ripoff”? Don't talk down to me, on high with your sanctimonious arrogance.

Tell me again why I should pick up a rifle and go die for your mentality.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Watch Eastern Europe...their Neighbors have sunk untold money into keeping them up...a default of 10+% will start pulling all of Europe down...

China is selling debt for natural resources to get ahead of crashing fiat money...

Why do Americans not care? What are you talking about?!?! People are tightening their budgets, buying cost effective products, and making sacrifices. Yes many are loosing their jobs, but I think it is to the credit of the American system that these people don't go out and start rioting. We here in the US know how destructive and useless a riot is to solving problems.
theres yer problem...we should have to tighten our belts...the federal reserve is our problem...hope you got a big shiney cup to hold on the corner...

Tell me again why I should pick up a rifle and go die for your mentality.
because we'll be the difference between you living and dying...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

There would be no Commericial Paper Market or any other Market without this "fabrication"...

I take it you didn't read the article I posted?

It's OK..."They" don't want you to anyways...I hope your friends and family have more sense than you do (no disrespect to them...)

I "hope" someone gets this...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

My opinion is that the majority of Americans have been living in relative comfort for so long that they have been breed by generations of unrealistic expectations (long term that is). The rest (down trodden) have been beaten into submission by the masses and the welfare system.
I sense serious changes, both economically, physicaly, and politicaly are on the event horizon. Maybe the sheeple will awaken.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"Why do Americans not care anymore"

Fear of being tased, beaten and charged....

Remember the protests and marches of hundreds of thousand of people before the Iraq War - Before the police started tazing, beating, pepper spraying, hosing, kicking and killing them for it?

Fear of Police Brutality is working in America - a country that tortures people and to which I do not travel to anymore.

Free Speech Zones anyone?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andolin

I agree in many ways...

if there was no Federal Reserve we were paying taxes to, we would be more able to help our familys, therefore, depending less on Government handouts...

I'm a disabled person with 10 Stents in my Heart and & 7 in my Legs due to a genetic cholestrol imbalance...

I'm even on the edge...should I just face the fact that I'll die soon to "Gods Will" or drag down more people that could be helped for cheaper/more effective treatments that would have a realer chance?

Yet another needle in the haystack...

I"m more liable to lean toward less for me..being older...more for them...

they are the future...we're the past...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
this is the reason why americans dont care the above reason. i care more about my trash bieng taken out than the people i elect(who ever they are and what they stand for) ill still bend over so they can take my house and raise my taxes and feed me the crap that i will absorb..and half the news must be wrong because they didnt tell me at mcdonalds this morning(were i get my news) ooh and when we are having a global melt down will my garbage days change?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Fluoride in water system,

School system indoctrination,

Television Propaganda, ie. News, Jerry Springer, mindless soaps day and night.

Debt,

Worthless Newspapers,

Almost worthless universities and instructors,

Don't know who they are,

Keep up with the Jones mentality, gets people enslaved without being aware.

The ability to sell naive people the need to mostly do what's right for the sake of government, corporations, and being free. lol!

and the list can go on and on.

We should have learned from the Native Americans, they respected nature, each other, but we destroyed them and are trying to destroy everything around us and deep down we know it.

Originally posted by Swatman
America for a while now seems to let politicians control everything and Americans never seem to do anything about it.

If the air conditioning goes out in France for 10 minutes, half the city burns down from riot *yes i know theyve had 5 republics and love revolutions* but still.

What makes French mentality of speaking out so much different than America?? because yes, it is nice to hear people speaking against the stimulus bill such as rick santellie from CNBC, but really, talk is cheap when you yell about it on TV and then go eat a sandwhich for the rest of the day.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I would be more than happy to lead a revolt and I have wanted to do so, but I have no clue where to find people to revolt with me. I'm talking thousands and thousands of people.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Noone does anything about it because they can't do anything about it. I dare you to try and voice your opinions to politicians or the government. (they aren't even the ones in control)
What you have to say to them does not matter, and the people will never have what they want, or what they deserve to have.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Friend, you don't seem to understand. The economic problems we are facing are more complex than just getting rid of the Fed. I don't like the Fed myself because they betrayed their stated goal of protecting the dollar.

What is the deal with the constant snide remarks? I appreciate you not disrespecting my family and friends, but why don't I have any sense? I have a slight disagreement with you and all of a sudden I must have had a lobotomy.

All I am trying to say is that “they” (as you call whoever) only have as much control over your life as you give them. If you do the obvious tasks like saving and storing then you will survive just fine. When trying to “educate” others it is advisable not to insult them, otherwise you only hurt your own cause.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeIsPowerful

If you don't mind me asking, what would you do with thousands of people. What would this revolt look like, or how would it play out.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

I can't believe you are nieve enough to believe the government officials . I am tired of bailing out the banks that have miss used our money and the greedy who screw us whenever possible. I am tired of being taxed for things that are just ridicules. Now they want to tax us for the miles we drive, and come on, the farts from a cow. Give me a break. If "WE THE PEOPLE" don't do something soon we will not be living in a free country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join