It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans not care anymore

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
All the Americans I know are stacking up their tin foods in the buker, oiling up their guns, and practicing field-dressing and emergency first aid on the weekends.

Were are these "no caring"Americans you speek of? I look around and I'm sure you are correct and they are out there somewhe but I jus don't see 'em.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
All the Americans I know are stacking up their tin foods in the buker, oiling up their guns, and practicing field-dressing and emergency first aid on the weekends.

Were are these "no caring"Americans you speek of? I look around and I'm sure you are correct and they are out there somewhe but I jus don't see 'em.

They're all on the internet. Complaining.

And a thread which actually might end with people discussing organization and direction gets trolled? What a surprise.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by TylerKing]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

Originally posted by Swatman
so you like the government spending your money on corrupt wall street bankers and poor people that shouldnt own 4000 square foot homes?

dude, I don't care is what I'm saying.

the government can spend my tax money in any way it wants

if President Obama thinks giving the banks money is a good idea, I take him on his word on that.

I have no reason not to. He hasn't wronged anyone or did anything wrong yet.

#1 you dont bank 600 grand. stop acting like an internet tough guy
#2 take the conservative out of your name, you dont deserve it
#3 dont come into this topic then if you do not care.

the ignorant will not be spared

Its my opinion after a bit of thought that the above quoted post does serve to provide something of an answer. Oddly, perhaps, from both viewpoints.

For a group of people to care, that is, to be concerned enough to push for social/political change, enough in that group must observe, evaluate and ultimately decide on an individual level that change is in fact needed. Then, (contrary to Obama and his abstract oratory btw), the TYPE of change must be defined and agreed upon with enough group members/countrymen,etc. to actually push for change.

Therefore the reasons Americans in a generalized manner dont push for certain societal objectives is simply because they see no PERSONAL or individual need to do so.

(This point is obvious in the quoted post---you have two very different views of the same Nation, same environment( generally speaking). One viewpoint advocates status quo mentality because his/her personal environ is stable--at least subjectively speaking.

The second and opposing viewpoint sees things more personally threatening or else is simply more affected by, or sympathetic towards, current conditions in the Nation.)

In summation then, I think it is less about Americans 'not caring' as it is how each individual is personally affected. This may sound callous at first but is actually somewhat indictative of the American psyche of being individualistic by nature.

Now, in my personal and admittedly subjective viewpoint, I tend to fall somewhere between the two views represented above. Things could be better for the populace as a whole while on the other hand, things could be worse for me or you as an individual. Thats subjective.

Objectively, however, as long as wal-mart has full parking lots, music downloads and the internet and american idol and other cultural markers continue, then the state of the union is not quite as bleak---at least not yet---as Internet message boards would seem to indicate.

That might suggest that this type of site and posts of this type are either: A)FORWARD THINKING and commendable or
B) PARANOID in that certain views expressed seem slightly out of touch with objective events and reality.

Its up to each of us, then, to observe, evaluate and decide which.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

if your truly a conservative you wouldnt of said the things you just said. "you like the way things are now"???? are you serious? "You are fine with everything as long as they stay out of your personal life"??? do you pay attention at all!?!? They have been in your personal life for years now, if not decades. WAKE UP SHEEP!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I son't think its that Americans don't care so much as they are quickly losing the ability to act. Any sign of unrest or even disagreement with our government will have you labeled quickly.

If you don't like Bush your not a patriot.

If you don't like Obama your a racist.

If you raise a hand in protest, you can be held as a terrorist.

Our government has just passed a trillion dollar plus stimulus bill using our money even though less than 30% of the people paying for it agree with it.

I personally think it is so broken now that there will be a big change in this nation soon. Good or bad I don't know but today's situation is surely taking us to a crashing end.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

We're all considered terrorists anyway, so what have we got to lose? The concentration camps are not built to hold a few dozen people, but millions.

Over a million American people have been put on a no fly list as possible terrorists.

Current legislation has almost everybody designated as not fit to own a gun.

So America has been declared to be a nation full of terrorists, armed terrorists, who the government must cagily and surgically remove the dangerous weapons we American citizens own, being such terrorists as we are.

The signs are blinking on the roads to watch for the terrorists, to report any suspicious behavior, and if you make a joke at the airport about bombs you will probably end up getting strip searched and put in jail for a few days. Or if you holler at your kids for spilling your bloody mary drink you can end up in jail for three months, without a lawyer, not released until you agree to plead guilty to some kind of a terrible act of terrorism -- and maybe lose your kids.

Make sure you always carry your papers, just like in Germany. With all these police and military determined to find terrorists they will definitely find some -- and it could be us they decide is the one.

The boogeyman is going to get us all, Emanuel Goldman -- er, I mean Osama bin Laden, aka Tim Ossman, CIA operative, the one the controlled media played the same clip over and over for months before 9/11 and that immediately after the planes hit the towers we heard it was bin Laden to blame for it.

Of course everybody bought that story immediately becuase we'd been repeatedly fed over a goodly period of time that video clip of bin Laden and his band of merrymen hooded terrorists training for war. Every station, same clip, played over and over again. Amazing how all the TV stations kind of do the same thing, cover the same kind of news the same kind of way, isn't it?

But the point is, if we want to live to see another day we've got to wake up out of our hypnotic stupors and wake others up too, deliver ourselves from the matrix of lies. That's the only way we can avert what's coming. If people will just wake up, everything will take care of itself.

There was a hippie slogan of the '60s, hat if they gave a war and nobody came?" We must wake up and not go along with what's being done. Just don't cooperate. That's all we have to do, stand our ground and refuse to cooperate.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"America's going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for," said Celente, noting that people's refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis. Gerald Celentene talked to Fox news and stated that by 2012 that there will be a revolution. This gentleman predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union. He's the CEO of of Trends Research Institute.

We all have to get ready for what is going to happen. The people who trust and believe the government are going to be caught with their pants down. I hope this doesn't happen, but, I have to think about my family and what I want for my grandchildren.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerKing

And a thread which actually might end with people discussing organization and direction gets trolled? What a surprise.

Actually, threads that do that get taken down by ATS. I just had one taken down Monday, because it supposedly advocated "social actions", even though all I did was report on something that I saw on a cable news show. I've asked the moderator for further clarification but have not received a reply. They are allegedly a violation of the T & C. I had another thread shut down after 193 replies, for the same reason. That thread was titled "A Call to Action for all ATS members".

Here is the T & C that they cite:

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

So you see, at least on ATS, you CANNOT do what you suggest.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I think it's not possible to break the rules in some way. If somebody wants to see you breaking a rule, even if you're Mr. Nice Guy and trying to be careful, if you have a thread that they want down, they can find a way to take it down.

Who knows what goes on in the minds of moderators, other than that they have their own agendas and beliefs, and the power to steer things the way they want here, to a certain degree.

And if somebody complains that gives them a perfect excuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join