It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans not care anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
America for a while now seems to let politicians control everything and Americans never seem to do anything about it.

If the air conditioning goes out in France for 10 minutes, half the city burns down from riot *yes i know theyve had 5 republics and love revolutions* but still.

What makes French mentality of speaking out so much different than America?? because yes, it is nice to hear people speaking against the stimulus bill such as rick santellie from CNBC, but really, talk is cheap when you yell about it on TV and then go eat a sandwhich for the rest of the day.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, the ONLY WAY to tackle this old problem now, which is in the throes of victory, is to talk to everyone. THEY WILL THINK YOU'RE NUTS. Thats ok!
Tell everyone whats really going on. This is all done by design, the more people you talk to, it could help screw up the global plans and this can be done PEACEFULLY.
You know?

We are making headway in the United States. Grant it, its a little late, but we are all waking up thru word of mouth.
I agree that sitting around the past 8 years waiting for George to leave didnt do a damn thing to help us.

But now, people who dont live in a whole or a cave are actually waking up. AND WHEN there is another "INCIDENT" they will know where it came from. All of them.

For now, we are waking up and waiting for the other shoe to drop, as well as passing the word around. Isnt it sad that we actually have to let others know whats going down?????? Yes, it pathetic. We have spineless jellyfish, as in other countries. They are everywhere.

THIS is still the best country, warts and all...and i know foreigners dont like to hear this, but believe me, it is the best...still.

So when you say we dont care, think about what you are saying.

I am from another country...i know first hand.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
because we are focus on our lives and making money and finding love

honestly, politics is boring

ultimately

ill pay taxes if you keep taking my trash at the corner, and you keep out of my personal life

i really like america its people like you that think we need some huge change

i like things the way they are

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They don’t care because they’re not willing to act - because you can’t truly care, and not take action.
To take action America demands a leader.
There are none - or none willing to step out and wave the banner of revolt.

Even if there (may be) hundreds of thousands waiting to *join* but no one willing to take the responsibility to head up a revolt, and as responsibility has been left to the government for so long it’s been virtually bred out of Americans - what’s an American to do but sit back and wait?

No, it will come down to some type or horrid incident that will put a match to the growing powder keg of unrest, then everyone will go off half cocked giving the government every right to keep the *sane* American public *safe* by instilling martial law.

peace

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Because they are sitting in their little boxes where they think that they are safe and secure. Plugged into their illusionary world where they think that have control because they are holding their super powered multi-functioned remote control.

Give them some time.

Talk to them again after they have spent a couple of years under complete government rule, curfew and around the clock government broadcasts. By then they will be singing a different tune but you have to wait a year or two to talk to them; it will take about that long for them to come out of their shock induced coma.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
One can only swim against the current for so long before becoming tired; the American people are beyond tired at this point and have no fight left in them.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

ultimately

ill pay taxes if you keep taking my trash at the corner, and you keep out of my personal life

I don't. Not one bit. Something is rotten in Denmark.

I feel something awful coming soon. If you'll be changing your tune then, ConservativeJack, it will be too late for you to do anything about it.

Aren't you angry yet? Why not? You must be one of the fortunate ones so far. As long as the problem doesn't affect you personally, you don't care. But everything that goes around comes around. Your sense of selfish isolation from world events will garner you no sympathy once things out of your control begin happening to you. If you have no heart to fight for injustice when it happens to other people, who will hear you scream when that injustice reaches you?

Not me. I'll be helping the people that joined the fight for self-reliance, independence, and freedom from tyranny early on. You would be a liability.

It is no virtue to conform to a society of shallow, consumerist, oblivious, entertained, and clueless sheep just so you don't look unusual. Right now, those characteristics of the American public are likely to get them killed.

Count the millions of people killed by governments in the past centuries, and ask yourself "Is there truly a difference between the people of Germany, China, or Russia and the people of the United States? What makes the people within our political boundaries safe from our own government any more than they were in theirs? How did their leaders kill so many? What steps led to it?" ... and you will find that it was apathy, ignorance, laziness, and a belief that the people that control governments would never kill their own people.

Governments never kill their own people? This is the most dangerous delusion to live under. By far, governments kill more of their own people than all the mass murderers, terrorists, and criminals combined.

The founding fathers were right to place shackles on the power of the state. It has been the people's duty to keep an eye on it, but right now in the states, they're breaking free.

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant - and a fearful master." - George Washington

When you see our liberties eroding in law, do you think that just because you still seem free for now that they aren't going to utilize that law in the most brutal way in the near future? Every step they take in this direction should frighten you.

AND AS A REAL MAN you should stand up and make your voice heard that you will not stand for it.

The patriot act, military commissions act, every piece of legislation that the executive branch has been implementing (when they're not legislators!) is designed to create another bar in a cage. Just because they haven't thrown you in the prison doesn't mean they're constructing it for no reason.

WAKE UP.

Or the coming storm could likely wash you away.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by username371]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

ultimately

so you like the government spending your money on corrupt wall street bankers and poor people that shouldnt own 4000 square foot homes?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Aren't you angry yet? Why not? You must be one of the fortunate ones so far. As long as the problem doesn't affect you personally, you don't care. But everything that goes around comes around. Your sense of selfish isolation from world events will garner you no sympathy once things out of your control begin happening to you. If you have no heart to fight for injustice when it happens to other people, who will hear you scream when that injustice reaches you?

Not me. I'll be helping the people that joined the fight for self-reliance, independence, and freedom from tyranny early on. You would be a liability.

So have fun in your shallow, consumerist, oblivious, soon-to-be crashing down in a flaming pile of confusion and misery filled life. And good luck surviving the coming storm.

No i'm not an angry person

I'm good looking and young

Why would I be mad?

What injustice? Do you work? I work, I own a company, I bank 600 grand a year.

Life is good.

Maybe you should find value in yourself and not in politics or conspiricies or "injustices" .......

and why don't you leave all that negativity in your own head and stop projecting, it's not entertaining or worthy of my time.

have a good life in denmark, pal.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think that a lot of the problem is that people tend to think that "oh the guy down the street will do something, send a letter, an email, go to the representative's office". Its cesspool of mentality thinking that someone else will do it so I dont have too.

Well when you get a huge portion of the populace thinking like that, then you only end up with a mere fraction of the populace that actually does something while the rest loaf on the couch and continue to eat potato chips and drink beer and watch football.

But usually those couch potato loafers are the ones who complain first about something not working for their benefit. Well why should it work for them? They did nothing to help change things so that is why things are the way they are.

It is going to take alot more than just talking to people to make change happen. People need to take ACTION, not be thinking that someone else will do something.

It is also going to take folks to turn away from all the MSM manipulation going on. We have become a nation of jelly brains from what was once a nation of pioneers. Folks tend to expect someone else to handle things for them so they can just sit back and be lazy. It is like that across the board. And that is why politicians and government get away with doing what they want to do.

It is like not using a muscle, it will become weak and useless after at time..same is true with the rights of the citizens to crack a whip to these leaders. If that whip is not used, they become aware of that and will do what they please and not bother to listen to anyone.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
so you like the government spending your money on corrupt wall street bankers and poor people that shouldnt own 4000 square foot homes?

dude, I don't care is what I'm saying.

the government can spend my tax money in any way it wants

if President Obama thinks giving the banks money is a good idea, I take him on his word on that.

I have no reason not to. He hasn't wronged anyone or did anything wrong yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think plenty of people care. Seems to me people are paralyzed by fear. NOT a good time for that! People are worried about IF they lose their jobs, homes etc, yet they are stuck in thinking past that fear. IMO, those things ARE gonna happen, how will you react WHEN it happens? I don't know...my family was thrown into the pit a couple of years ago when we lost all of our income and retirement money but managed to stay in our home and get by. I was in combat mode then and that particular crisis did pass, but now all this other stuff has exploded so I guess that experience has prepared me and changed my thinking and comfort levels A LOT. I have never changed my thinking or attitude back from that crisis mode, only shifted into the next one

Which brings me to the topic of anger. Anger motivates me. Anger has always gotten me to take action, always and with a vengeance. It blows my mind that people are not angry enough yet? What else needs to happen before people realize they will have to ACT or just plain not survive? The apathy in this country is killing me! Don't people realize that continued sleep is not only going to wipe themselves out, but also the friends and family that Americans profess to love and care for so much? Ask people on the street if they would fight to save their friends and family and they will say "absolutely I would/will" so....where the heck are they, or is that all just a bunch of smoke and lies also?

Not trying to bash any Obama supporters here, because you can vote for/support anyone you like but I think that half the people know there will be change alright, not the change they anticipated though. The other half are clinging to tightly to their "hope" that they will be basically ineffective when it comes time to save their own skin and will expect those of us who are "awake" to do it for them!

I don't mind fighting for loved ones, but damnit at least try to carry your own weight and make a move to prepare for yourself. My sister had three more children in the past few years and wants another? Is she freaking crazy? She has all these dang kids, whom I love by the way, but no plan for when TSHTF? Does she expect that I will have enough to help her? Her husband also lost a job and they had the welfare safety net whereas I did not.

These are the people who will be sitting there calculating how much THEY lost in retirement, income or stock while their neighbor starves to death.

Selfishness...same thing that brought us here to begin with and there is nothing more demoralizing to me as people who see what is happening but STILL expect someone else to take care of it.

Anger.... It CAN be a good thing!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

if President Obama thinks giving the banks money is a good idea, I take him on his word on that.

#1 you dont bank 600 grand. stop acting like an internet tough guy
#2 take the conservative out of your name, you dont deserve it
#3 dont come into this topic then if you do not care.

the ignorant will not be spared

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Give um time,

Wait till the antidepressants wear off.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ignorance, apathy, and naive trust in government are America's most dangerous social ills.

Those who would try to gain power believe that a citizenry with these characteristics is ripe for exploitation, abuse, and usurpation of political power.

It's like little red riding hood walking through a forest full of wolves, thinking she's safe because the wolves have promised not to eat her. Silly girl...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The difference, I believe, between the Frech and th U.S.A. well, one stark difference is that "over there" the governments are afraid of the people, here the peope are afraid of the government.

We hav all become too wrapped up in our x-boxes and the cult of celebrity, that we've become lazy and apathetic. How mny times have you heard someoe say "why doesn't someone do something about that?" well, that someone should be you, and me, but unfortunately we always allow ourselves to become complacent.

I am so frustrated by the fact that I hve allowed myself to become one of the masses, and it really pisses me off.

Having worked "on he iside" for many years, I have personally seen first hand how our government manipulates us and the lives we live.

-peace

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It is quite difficult to focus on our lives, make money and find love when the economy goes to trash and jobs are lost left and right as is houses and vehicle repos. But then again, there is that 1 percent in the nation that can absorb an economic crash.

Even you will be affected by it....how?....read on.

ultimately

Yes it can be quite boaring. But you know what?....if you dont at least pay attention, you have no idea what is going on outside of your comfy cozy zone. You dont have to earn a degree to know whats going on ouside of your 4 walls.

Soon it wont matter what amount of tax you pay, there wont be anyone who will bother picking up your trash at the corner....you will have to do it yourself. Imagine that....doing something for yourself instead of expecting others to do it for you just because you can write a check. (See my previous post about lazy people)

There was a time in America when people could actually do what you were saying in your first paragraph..focusing on our lives, having a family, making a good living, building a future.

That is not the way it is anymore. Those of us out here who are the backbone of this country are those that do the blue collar work, you know the ones that come around every week to pick up your trash at the end of your driveway.

We are the ones who built the highways, the bridges, the buildings, the entire infrastructure, and yes...even your 4 walls of comfy cozy zone that allows you to sit there and write a check to pay taxes and be lazy while others do simple tasks for you.

That will come to a sudden end friend, and then what are you going to do?

You like the way things are now? You shunted yourself out from the real world and put yourself into that 1 percent who "think" paying taxes and writting checks will solve everything.

Soon, those checks will be worthless. Then what ya gonna do?

I would change your attitude..not for everyone else, but for yourself. Because soon, as things keep going the way they are, you will find your 1 percent write off world come crashing down and no one will be around to listen to your complaints, and no one will come pick up your trash at the end of your driveway.

Imagine that....being surrounded by your own trash.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

wow, ok, I don't go into threads and call people liars, you should teach me about that, .....

Accucare Home Health Care Inc

1999 Sproul Rd # 1, Broomall - (***) 539-0200

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Imagine that....being surrounded by your own trash.

you have quite the imagination

telling me to change my attitude?

that my money and business will be worthless?

lol, I own a health care company, Obama's my best friend!

Government pays my checks!

So, get out of my face with the world is ending, ats, dime a dozen, fear mongering,

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

wow, ok, I don't go into threads and call people liars, you should teach me about that, .....

Accucare Home Health Care Inc

1999 Sproul Rd # 1, Broomall - (***) 539-0200

the hell is that?

if you are living so well on your high horse why dont you send some money to the members of ATS that have lost their jobs????? if you like obama so much then spreading your wealth should be no problem

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Swatman]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join