It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

It's NEVER a bad idea to have enough Cash on Hand.

So look at your situation and then decide. I know I will be making a Limit sized withdrawal before morning

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Correct I am more in lines of thinking this is a European problem maybe even a UK problem.....things are really unstable in the UK especially with rumors of the UK being bankrupt....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

Basically it is saying the dollar is showing huge strength. In order to buy dollars these folks need to sell everything denominated in a different currency including stocks and of course other currencies. This should kick start a move toward US stocks.

Why is this happening? Most likely we agreed to the G-7 refunding program or we are actually getting settlement of huge amount of monies that was stashed (stolen) overseas by some less than angelical members of the PTW.

We will probably never know the exact truth, but something big is happening under the radar.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Another quick question...
If we were to end..this currency swap..after the US currency gain, what would happen?

war.......

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't know exactly whats going on BUT IT IS NOT GOOD!!!!!

Looks like someone BIG in Asia just imploded and sparked one hell of a fire sale

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

If we were to end..this currency swap..after the US currency gain, what would happen?

war.......

Could you be a bit more specific? ....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

LOL good point... the euro is up vs. the dollar...

I've only been watching asian currencies... I'll have to take a look at some more stuff...

either way... I hope this mellows out before the EUX opens... I really don't want to stay up until 3 am

man, I'm glad I cashed my stocks out back in August lol

you have no idea how often i've said that lately...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here's a blog about East Europe and their struggles as of recent

It’s getting bleaker by the minute in Eastern Europe. In case you didn’t catch the latest from the Telegraph’s Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, he warned at the weekend how a growing crisis in Eastern Europe could cause nothing less than a total collapse in the West, or as he put it: “If one spark jumps across the euro zone line, we will have global systemic crisis within days.”

Let's hope tonight is NOT the spark

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Guys is the sun coming up tomorrow still? Any predictions from knowledgable eco's that can explain more clearly what is happen and if there is reason to worry?

BBC is not reporting this
Fox is not reporting this
CNN and MSNBC both sealed lips

Now don't get me wrong if something was going on i'm not saying they would report it but something would leak right?

I have been reading the ticker forum, it seems some pretty educated people are freaking out while other educated people are blowing this news off.

link   
reply to post by nj2day

nj,

The Euro has DROPPED 1.11% against the Dollar Just tonight so far. That's not strong dude

link   

Originally posted by lel1111
I'm not making light of this situation at all, but the thought crossed my mind of getting over to Costco (our big box store) to stock up on more necessities.

Anyone wanting to stock up should see this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Professor, as much as I would like to believe that it was Japan following through on their need to devalue the Yen, there are TOO MANY currency crosses involved tonight for it to just be Japan

I agree. I've been watching the markets on Bloomberg, and what I've concluded, is that three does not seem to be ONE cause. I had been watching Japan, when I saw this thread.(I usually have 10-12 tabs open, multitasking them all) and I responded with what I saw in Japan. Now that I'm into this more, there are things that just don't seem to fit together. It is almost as if there is no common thread, just mass chaos. As to the effect on US markets, only God knows what will happen past the obvious knee-jerk reaction at open tomorrow. Get some marshmallows and be ready to roast them. As the Chinese say, "We are living in interesting times."

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

war.......

Could you be a bit more specific? ....

Nope I cant. If we shaft other countries more than we already have we are going to make some enemies real fast. This includes current allies.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

LOL good point... the euro is up vs. the dollar...

I've only been watching asian currencies... I'll have to take a look at some more stuff...

either way... I hope this mellows out before the EUX opens... I really don't want to stay up until 3 am

man, I'm glad I cashed my stocks out back in August lol

you have no idea how often i've said that lately...

Yeah man i'm glad i cashed my stocks in back in may. They have all lost 20% of their value since then!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Wow I just read this and was about to post this....folks this is BIG none news here. What I mean is this news is huge and its not being reported at all. This indeed is a move in the trillions. Who went down? This indeed is bankruptcy of some entity. Is it a really big bank? This has me quite nervous for I am not totally prepared for a total meltdown as of yet....

Hey, Mr. Jefferson, I just had a thought -

Maybe it's Walmart

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Fox is not reporting this CNN and MSNBC both sealed lips

I can't speak for the BBC, but today was a national holiday in the US, and all networks and US cable companies run on skeleton staff. The "B" team has been in for the 3-day weekend. It seems more than a coincidence that so many big things happen when there is no real news group to report. Gee, if I didn't know better, I would say it's a conspiracy. Oh wait, this IS ATS, the conspiracy site, and I just preached to the choir!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What exactly am i supposed to be looking at here at the forex website?...im no financial guru...

link   
The UK bankrupt? How can you seriously suggest that when we have Crash Gordon at the helm, the man who honestly believes that he "saved the World" when everyone else can see that he's single handedly destroyed our economy.

I had read something the other day about the Eastern Europeans (Latvia, Ukraine, ec), Russia and a few others all being in serious trouble. The Russians have based their spending on $95 oil (currently c.$33), and the others have borrowed money like its going out of fashion.

The Austrian PM said that if the default rate hit 10% then they (Austria) would be goosed, & he was basically saying it's a matter of when, not if, and it isn't far away.

This would then spill into the Euro zone, destroying the Euro, and there's also the rumours that Ireland is about to default - the banks have 11 times GDP on their books as loans - used to cost 10c per 100 Euros to insure Irish government debt, it has rocketed to 350c per 100 Euros over the last couple of months.

I think that would explain a flight into Dollars - if the Russians, Europeans, & British were all about to go for a Burton.

Unfortunately I don't think the Dollar will be far behind the rest of us.

Glad I bought Gold, Silver, & Baked Beans

link   
So do some of recommend pulling some money out?

It figures tomorrow is payday!!

Why can't this happen on Wed.

Screwed again damnit!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The euro fell to a 10-week low against the dollar after Moody’s Investors Service said it may downgrade a number of banks with units in Eastern Europe, reigniting concern about financial turmoil in the region.

The euro also weakened against 14 of the 16 major currencies on speculation its recent declines triggered automatic sell orders.

The Moody’s story “helped push euro down below 1.27 and accelerated dollar gains across the board,” said Callum Henderson, head of global currency strategy at Standard Chartered in Singapore.

www.bloomberg.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join