It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
Cause you must have seen this before or do you know someone that has seen this and has told you what would happen when this would happen to another planet the size and density of Jupiter. How many other planets are their like Jupiter within our view so you can site one example of how that would happen?

I believe that he is getting his information from physics and astronomy, where we know that Jupiter was insufficient gravity to sustain fusion the way that a star does.

They were surprised at some of the outcome of the first atomic bomb and you want me to believe that someone actually knows to a tee what will happen should a nuclear device be intentionally set off in its atmosphere.

If the impact of comet Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9, which hit it with the force of 6,000,000 megatons, did not cause Jupiter to ignite, no little probe we shot out there is going to.

This impact created a giant dark spot over 12,000 km across, and was estimated to have released an energy equivalent to 6,000,000 megatons of TNT (600 times the world's nuclear arsenal).

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I asked for people to verify what we are seeing and that multiple observations to confirm with multiple sightings from possibly each viewer would be good also.

Can you give a single good reason why that's even necessary?

I suggested a scientific approach instead of 'I know therefore it is so' attitude.

I measured it twice now with my scope, it's in the right place not because I just claim to know, but because I checked for myself.

As for facts and claims... read the OP please.... At no point did I say that Venus or Jupiter were not visible or are coming our way or anything of the sort.

Nowhere did I say you said that. Stop putting words in my mouth.

how do you think history will record you as knowledgeable when you cast those that share the ranks with Hoagland as being unworthy of listening to their word.

An appeal to authority once again, logical fallacies are called that for a reason. I don't care what anyone says regardless of who they are if it goes against the evidence.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

An interesting video regarding some of this information!

anychance of someone embedding this youtube video?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by zerozero00]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Whats going on with the sun

www.spaceweather.com...

somthing abnormal i think

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
by the way please visit

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

before predicting aliens are coming our way right now from the sun...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
So, as usual nothing happened.
- the sun is still at a very very low activity (check solar activity)

Then sun is very very active Sir. Just not on our side. It all changed on feb. 4.
Before then it was quiet.(check FULL solar activity)

cheers.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
some people really do try and get somthing out of nothing

see the spaceship in the bottom left of this picture zooming from the sun no neither do i!

Composite of: - EIT EUV image taken in the Fe XV line at 284A showing the corona above the disk at a temperature of about 2-2.5 million K (innermost image) - UVCS image showing the Sun's outer atmosphere as it appears in ultraviolet light emitted by electrically charged oxygen (O VI) flowing away from the Sun to form the solar wind (middle region), and - Image of the extended whight light corona as recorded by the outer LASCO coragraph (C3) on 23 December 1996. The field of view of this instrument encompasses 32 diameters of the Sun. To put this in perspective, the diameter of this image is 45 million kilometers at the distance of the Sun, or half of the diameter of the orbit of Mercury. During that time of the year, the Sun is located in the constellation Sagittarius. The center of the Milky Way is visible, as well as the dark interstellar dust rift, which stretches from the south to the north. Three prominent streamers can be seen (two at the West and one at the East limb). This image also shows Comet SOHO-6 (elongated streak at about 7:30 hours), one of several tens of sun-grazing comets discovered so far by LASCO. It eventually plunged into the Sun.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_bloom

Originally posted by looofo
So, as usual nothing happened.
- the sun is still at a very very low activity (check solar activity)

Then sun is very very active Sir. Just not on our side. It all changed on feb. 4.
Before then it was quiet.(check FULL solar activity)

cheers.

exactly, but this is not strange... its normal however it does seem a v active start to the next solar max!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
According to Spaceweather.com, which gets its data from SOHO/MDI, there was no sunspot activity on the far side or nearside on the 21st. If you have another source I would like to see it.
[edit on 2/17/2009 by Phage]

Spaceweather has been debunked on lying on the farside in this thread, here the link again to true farside activity : soi.stanford.edu...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

Those charts are not necessarily showing high levels of activity and they are definitely not showing sunspots. The charts for the farside show magnetic flux levels which are derived from seismic activity. The quality of the data varies.

The method is certainly not noise free and produces noisier images when there is some data missing due to telemetry gaps or other causes.
The current data set indicates a very poor quality level, look here. The bar to the right of each image indicates data quality. A red bar indicates poor quality data.

Also notice that the dark areas abruptly stop at the transition from the farside to the nearside. The nearside data is directly obtained from the satellites and is far more reliable than the derived data for the farside. If the farside data were valid the cutoff areas would not appear, there would be some carryover to the nearside.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Those dark spots (black is strongest) show areas of concentrated magnetic activity (called sunspots) on the far-side of the sun by measuring seismic waves by doppler-shift, you are right.

You are also right about it being kind of impossible those areas of concentrated magnetic flux (aka sunspots) to be cut so sharp on the limbs of the sun. It´s "illogical" to say at least.

I would tend to look for an answer maybe in another object interacting (magnetically? seismically?) with the sun, thus distorting data for the magnetic far-side map? I´m not sure if it´s related to this thread, it could be.

cheers !

You have to admit it´s intriguing and not regular !
But it happened before, i found comparable "data-failures" in 2000 and on 02/02/2007 me thinks it was.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by el_bloom, removed quote]

[edit on 18-2-2009 by el_bloom]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Hello Guys,
I have been following this thread with great interest!
It is extraordinary times we are in, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. I am one of those nutters that feels there are other more intelligent beings in the Universe than us! This world is seriously in trouble, and most people with conscience realize that we need something to wake us up, we have been the custodians of this planet and we have allowed much destruction through apathy and fear, we cannot continue with the bad stuff.
It is obvious that we are in for a lot of changes, proof is in the eye of the beholder it seems there is not much we can do apart from live our lives the best we can, keep looking, do the right thing, inform people you care about so they can make their own mind up. The Astronomical 'Experts' are most definitely keeping suspiciously quiet, our Governments will only tell us their version of events and they would much rather have us in a state of fear than of calm.
I do not believe it to be the end but its clear things will change, we are evolving and its up to each individual to decide what they want to evolve into not authority, scientists, government or media.
What scenario would you like from all of this? cause if things stay the same then the NWO will succeed and we are surely headed for suffering!
I think we need some higher thinking and planning, maybe a higher intelligence IS orchestrating these events especially since the alleged ignition went off behind the sun protecting earth from any extreme reaction.
The Cynics may laugh...well let them! all possibilities are on the table which one will you choose?
ONE LOVE

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
And this is the Space Exploration Section?

Are the majority of the responders from this group? I really have to wonder about that given that last pictures I've posted last night...

Wow! I mean its there for all to see and I know that for any of this to be believed you would have to assume that we might be able to go by ship to the moon or the sun. That would call for a great leap of faith when it comes to how advanced our technology is.

But I guess that's not possible....

Maybe the mods could move to this a more visual spot so we can others looking at this without deciding before looking at it.... does everyone think that this picture is showing the sun reflecting off something as someone stated?

Is no one going to at least look at the footage of pictures during the times that my OP is referring? These times have all the scenario I've suggested in my posts justified on all the telescope footage.

I can't believe how the ATS supposed Science community just buries their heads too....

WoW! This is amazing!!! Maybe someone that isn't from ATS will put this on some science buffs table and then something will get done....

Should anyone wish assistance with this behind the scenes give me a U2U and maybe we can work on this...

****Something else I notice that maybe some of you have noticed.... they have recently began spraying CHEMTRAILS again over me.... Just started in last couple of days and havn't noticed them being done since around xmas time.... Just another coincidence but if it wasn't what would they want to cover up?????

Probably nothing eh? They are just protecting us from the warming thing.

Thanks guys..
Rgds

[edit on 18-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
why is it that this thread is not on the HOT list or TOP list when it has the posts and flags it does?

could we have more activity and flags to get some study on this guys and gals please.... This does not look good for ATS when you have data that looks like it should be read and everyone just wants to debunk how in theory it can't be possible... look at the images and what is in the MSM etc and make the connection...

I'll have to go somewhere else?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

does everyone think that this picture is showing the sun reflecting off something as someone stated?

No. If it were some kind of asteroid it should appear in consecutive images and it should appear to move slightly from image to image, differently than the stars.

The dots in your image do not appear in images taken immediately before or after it.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

It's just noise.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
with all the activity on the sun's FARSIDE doesn't this get anyone wondering if maybe something could really be happening???

This is pretty disturbing, it shows a major increase in the farside's activity since the tenth...
Here..

Too many links to dismiss as being coincidence again....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

It's just NOISE? Noise, anomalies, spaceships, missile, whatever you want to call it and thanks for your take on the exploration of space...

Is anyone actually reading what I've presented? By the looks of these replies I'd have to say that people are not looking and that is the problem... I didn't say in the last that they were asteroids etc... Read plse.

Anyone else aware of what's going on? I can't believe this.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

You are looking at bad data.

The method is certainly not noise free and produces noisier images when there is some data missing due to telemetry gaps or other causes.

Quality is indicated in the bar on the lower right side of the image. Green is good. Red is poor. Amber is from quicklook data and may get better later.

soi.stanford.edu...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's just NOISE?

Yes. I spent an entire summer hunting for specks of comets in SOHO images, very similar to hunting for objects in STEREO images. Objects are always identified or rejected based on a series of consecutive images. If it were any kind of object it would appear in consecutive images. It's just noise.

Is anyone actually reading what I've presented? By the looks of these replies I'd have to say that people are not looking and that is the problem... I didn't say in the last that they were asteroids etc

It's quite clear you're not getting the replies you want to hear, but we wouldn't be doing you any favors by just accepting your claims at face value. You didn't say they were asteroids, no, in fact you seem insistent on using incorrect terminology when you do specify (a meteor is a small object burning up in earth's atmosphere). You didn't specifically specify last time, but it seems consistent with previous statements about meteors headed to earth. If that's not what you think, then what exactly are you trying to imply?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Is this good sceince guys...

If you have five aircraft flying above you and they are going supersonic and you take a picture that captures them stationary like this one...

Then the next picture if taken directly after it would show them to have moved to another position. But lets remember that the NEXT picture that was taken was 10 or 15 MINUTES late, not a second or whatever... How long is the time exposure for these pictures??? It's a picture of the sun... My guess would be that it would be less than a second....

It's ONE picture... Just one that is taken and then the next one is taken 10 minutes after... where did they Go???? That would be like expecting the aircraft that you took a picture of to be there ten minutes later even though they are going supersonic over you....

Let's think about this... It isn't hard.

****How about the fact that the dot at the bottom of this is moving slowly across the bottom in a straight line over a three or four day period....

Is that dot on the bottom, that is moving across noise too...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join