It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage... I know it probably didn't happen.... but they had plans buddy. They dropped Galileo in the atmosphere for the purpose of what? so did it happen directly? No appears not.. but when it was behind the sun on the 21st and there was all that sunspot activity on the far side what was that? Would we see Jupiter on fire or in the pre-ignition stage before becoming sun like, from our vantage point right now when its the farthest possible right now? I don't know your credentials phage but I'm kinda leaning towards some of the more prominent science people that have come forward to let us know some of the things we are all seeing occur daily as untrue.

Just another in the debunking game...

Thanks
Rgds

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

thanks CHUD.

I have thought about the fact they could be voids also but as I mentioned these voids grew in size and remained the same relative shape. If you notice the ray type emissions emanating from the north position. This is what I would expect it it were that. These things appear to come closer. It sounds like you have not viewed the video on the website of my OP. You can't simply look at the pictures I've posted and come to any conclusion. You must see the 1600 picture slideshow to fully understand that the objects are moving closer and they are clearly retaining this void shape as they progress closer and are completely obscured on the 30th.

These moving voids appear to be quite far from what is being seen in the entire 6day period of pictures. Before being CUT off from public view.

Voids just doesn't cut it. Except in the void of data that the science community and the MSM is holding back.

rgds

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well spotted Phage!

Thanks for correcting me

I think I need to get some sleep soon lol

---
To all,

It's not that there are more meteors, it's that more people are seeing/reporting/recording them, and the media encourages this by airing reports about events (which is not a bad thing), but it's not a story if there's no footage, and this is why recent events have been blown out of all proportion. Since many events like those in the past few days have gone unnoticed before now by most, it's not hard to see why the suddenly increased media coverage might raise an eye brow or 2.

It's only been the last few years that cameras have spread everywhere, and this is one of the reasons the general public is only just now getting to see what many amateur astronomers have known for years - that we are constantly being pummeled by natural objects of various descriptions.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
For what it's worth. I looked at the photos in the OP and checked out one of the videos.

The sun is one big ball of gas about 870 thousand miles wide. It has a surface temperature of about 6400 K. Dat b' hot.

So, it is safe to say that the surface of the sun is one big mass of superheated plasma. Plasma is visible to us because it emits light but it is a very thin gaseous mass. The earth is in no danger from these types of emissions because our magnetic field protects us.

Plasma ejections from the surface of the sun are common and are not a big deal. What the photos show are plasma discharges passing through the corona of the sun. These particular discharges are not in our orbital plain and they will miss the earth by millions of miles.

No meteors, no solid matter, just gas.

As for the "ignition of Jupiter". It was determined years ago, that Jupiter is not dense enough to self ignite.

It is also known that Jupiter (and Saturn) have massive lightning storms and Ionic discharges (like the Northern Lights) that are visible from space. So, any photos on the night side of Jupiter that show bright discharges are most likely the result of lightning or Ionic discharge.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I also share your opinion! which i did express many many pages back, which was not read or was but not took in, I cant beleive people are still ranting on about things that simply just isnt true. There is not one bit of evidence for a lot of it. The questions which i have asked regarding the fireballs and sats are is what caused the sats to crash / change course / fall to earth?!? well i think i have explained that one with the most plausable answer to. As for the subs i think it was a staged event to show the world (Korea) that yes we have nukes us and france! and if you threaten us in anyway we shall kaboom you!! KaBoom!!!! did you see the recent hillary clinton visit? Clinton warning korea! 1 day after this 1 in a 1,000,000 event.. Hmm i smell a fish!

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Thu Feb 19 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
thanks CHUD.

Your'e welcome AllTiedTogether

I have thought about the fact they could be voids also but as I mentioned these voids grew in size and remained the same relative shape. If you notice the ray type emissions emanating from the north position. This is what I would expect it it were that. These things appear to come closer.

You have to remember, that they are not perfect shapes, they are uneven and organic in nature, and the twist, move, grow/shrink, and change perspective as the sun rotates. Some of them twist round in odd ways, some stretch upwards a long way (the fan shape) and some, are more 'squashed down' towards the surface of the sun (the ones you indicated).

It sounds like you have not viewed the video on the website of my OP. You can't simply look at the pictures I've posted and come to any conclusion. You must see the 1600 picture slideshow to fully understand that the objects are moving closer and they are clearly retaining this void shape as they progress closer and are completely obscured on the 30th.

I know what they look like. I've been downloading SOHO etc animations/observing the sun since around 2001, and I'll look at your vid if you like, but I know what I'm going to see.

Here's a HUGE solar flare I saved from 2003

www.sendspace.com...

That's what happens when part of the magnetic field reconnects, or snaps back into a different configuration. Magnetic fields are very good at containing or excluding plasma, and this is why when they suddenly snap, they churn up the plasma into an eruption or solar flare like the one in the clip.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Galileo entered Jupiter's atmosphere in 2003, five and half years ago. There was originally no "purpose" to dropping it into Jupiter's atmosphere, it was just the expected end. When the primary mission was completed in 1997 an extended mission was begun, the purpose to study Europa and the other moons of Jupiter. During this part of the voyage it was discovered that there was a possibility that Europa has conditions suitable for life. Because the extended mission had put Galileo into an orbit that made it possible for an accidental crash on Europa it was decided that the last remaining fuel would be used to intentionally crash into Jupiter. The reason being to avoid the possibility of biological contamination of Europa (there was no reason to take steps to "clean" the probe before launch).

Jupiter was not "behind the sun" on the 21st. It was about 1.5° from the Sun from Earth's point of view.
Sun 20h 13m 56s -19° 52.8'
Jupiter 20h 24m 16s -19° 45.7'

According to Spaceweather.com, which gets its data from SOHO/MDI, there was no sunspot activity on the far side or nearside on the 21st. If you have another source I would like to see it.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thank you but you don't have to bother yourself with downloading the vid. I already know your opinion on the matter. The fact that you've been "debunking" me and discrediting anything I've mentioned, yet you make the claim that you haven't even bothered to view the footage that you seem to show that you know so much about is enough evidence for me.

Thank you for your time...

rgds

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Anyone want to hazard a guess on what kind of waves were emitted by the two satellites that "collided"? That could be affecting other satellites as well.

They would not have threatened other satellites, but the collision would have resulted in a burst of radiation across the electromagnetic spectrum - radio, light, micro-wave and perhaps even VLF signatures would have been produced. I guess even x-ray's and gamma-rays too perhaps, but I'm no expert on the subject.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wow phage where did you get your info? Can you provide a source or do I have to take your word for gospel... Is there anything that any mainstream person may have said that could be considered as true in your eyes? Or is there anyone that may know anything that you haven't proven false yet.

Thanks for keeping the thread going....('
')

Rgds

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

You're welcome, and by the way, I'm not debunking anything. There is nothing to debunk. I'm just trying to explain to you how this phenomena works. Many others who understand it have also tried. If you don't want to listen to us, that's no skin of my nose. You can believe it's the one-eyed snot-monster from the planet zog for all I care

This thread would be better off in the skunkworks IMHO

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

You're welcome, and by the way, I'm not debunking anything. There is nothing to debunk. I'm just trying to explain to you how this phenomena works. Many others who understand it have also tried. If you don't want to listen to us, that's no skin of my nose. You can believe it's the one-eyed snot-monster from the planet zog for all I care

This thread would be better off in the skunkworks IMHO

lol im close to banging my . up the wall

Food for thought!

Huge solar storms could zap Earth, scientists warn
Next sunspot cycle may disrupt power, communications
Keay Davidson, Chronicle Science Writer

Tuesday, March 7, 2006

www sfgate
An 11-year epoch of increasingly severe solar storms that could fry power grids, disrupt cell-phone calls, knock satellites back to Earth, endanger astronauts in space, and force commercial airliners to change their routes to protect their radio communications and to avoid deadly solar radiation could begin as soon as this fall, scientists announced Monday.

When the solar cycle reaches its peak in 2012, it will hurl at Earth mammoth solar storms with intense radiation and clouds of high-speed subatomic particles millions of miles across, the scientists said.

A storm of that magnitude could short-circuit a world increasingly dependent on giant utilities and satellite communications networks. Such a storm in 1989 caused power grids to collapse, causing a five-hour blackout in Quebec.

Monday's forecast was announced by scientists from agencies including NASA and the National Science Foundation, based on research centered at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Colorado.

There is disagreement on exactly when the new cycle will begin -- one key researcher predicted the cycle will start in late 2007 or early 2008, and another said it could begin either late this year or in early 2007. But they did agree that the most severe storms won't begin popping on the solar surface for several years, but when they do, they'll be huge.

The solar storms in the past have knocked out huge power grids and screwed up global electronics and data communications, but "the next sunspot cycle will be 30 to 50 percent stronger than the last one," the scientists said in Monday's statement. ...

Please note that this is old news the newer warnings are much more severe! just google it, then research like i have on solar storms known playing factors (cause and effect), . it points me to the conclusion we should be more concerned!! as the scientists do not link the fact that our magnetic shield is %15 weaker to.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by theflashor]

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

[edit on Thu Feb 19 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

We're still waiting for your thread but I don't think you're going to find much argument that a severe solar storm is a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Planets like jupiter dont have enough mass to ignite by gravitational collapse, but with a trigger , who knows, as for the atmosphere part, earths atmosphere isnt made up of hydroden and Methane so that is a weak argument, do a little critical thinking instead of spouting little undrestood platitudes pleas, thanks, without malice, have a great day

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i keep hearing Jupiter is not dense enough to ignite, all on its own this may be true, however i am not so sure that a trigger could not ignite the hydrogen, the "fact keeps getting quoted, but it refers to the fact that Jupiters gravity and pressure dont reach a critical ignition threshold, not that the hydrogen cant burn, Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
like i said its just the tip of the iceberg. It will truly take me hours if not days to put together the report for ATS Forums. I might start on it tommorow although when i do get stuck in i will want to carry on.. so i shall only start when im ready to be stuck in front of the computer for the day..

Although i have allready done my research more than you would beleive. And like others pointed out when i posted earlier, the coincidences are remarkable.

Global Climate Change / Increased Volcanic + Earthquake Activity

And i have come to the conclusion that the Solar Changes and the magnetic shield changes are cause for concern (again i shall say) i dont think the skys going to cave in on us, although i do think times a. may be very difficult.

I shall post it as a PDF Download when its complete, and i shall not put my conclusions into it. So that we can have a decent (hopefully) discussion here on ats on what it all means.

I will include

How the earth's magnetosphere works and interacts with space / solar radiation or wind, and the earths climate and its enviroment.

How we can measure the earths magetic field from history / rocks.

I shall supply the graphs etc and the sources (of course)

i shall also supply our studies of the suns solar spots and our findings, Explain how the sun Telescopes work and what different filters they use and what they are for.

I shall explain how the solar wind works and how its generated Etc..

Basically everything i have learnt so that we can finally have a discussion on somthing that is somthing we should be watching more closly. (the scientists allready are) The general public not. Mainly because people have not done the research or do not understand the cause and effects of the up and coming solar storms.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
this question i havnt researched much, although i do know jupiter is full of flamable gas's which suggests it is possible for it to ignite. Although it seems highly unlikly it would stay alight maybe even impossible. Maybe its possible to light send out much heat and burn out again v quick.

I dont know is the answer though! thats just my look at it. Although the solar storms and how they affect earth and the earths magnetic field. I have researched and spent many hours looking at the cause and effect of all. It certainly explains Climate Change (no im not speaking of CO2 Global Warming - thats a cover up)

Dont beleive me its Bull Visit the site below

www.abd.org.uk...

My previous post and theory on jupiter!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bamaisin

Look at it this way. A thermonuclear bomb works by both heating and applying extreme pressure to deuterium by means of a fission reaction surrounding it, squeezing it. In order for a self sustaining fusion reaction to continue the pressure has to be maintained, keeping the deuterium atoms in close enough proximity to fuse with each other. If there were sufficient pressure deep within Jupiter's atmosphere such a reaction would start on its own, it would not need a trigger.

There is not sufficient mass in Jupiter (far from it) to create the sustained pressure necessary to keep it going. A fusion reaction would send a shockwave through the Jovian atmosphere but it would be very short lived. A bit of fusion may (I don't know) occur near the detonation point but it would certainly not continue very long or over a very widespread region.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

i watched a news report the other day about the increase in solar spot activity. we are beginning the new cycle that last for years. the reporter also mentioned the solar flares of years gone by. he said they were strong enough that they set fire to telegraph wires in some areas back in the late 1800's. Now it's not hard to carry that event to it's logical conclusion, if it happened today. if it's happened once, it can easily happen again. Its just scary science at work. Real but scary. The implications are catastrophic.
Food for thought?????

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join