It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You think a brown dwarf is heading our way because you saw what was probably two meteorites, and you have been hearing faint sounds? Are you being serious? How on earth can you make such a prediction? You people amaze me.

Something is headed our way and getting louder. It might be a galactic ice cream truck. I wouldn't give it a second thought if I were you. Sorry if I cramped your style man. On a more positive note, we did manage to amaze each other with a mutual exchange of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Doesn't look like meteors or asteroids to me. Maybe solar flares, maybe an artifact (but of course, I'm not an expert).

I think that if this were something sinister, either the experts would have announced it, or (assuming a cover-up), they'd have quietly buried these images, claiming "technical difficulties" or some such.

As for the gaps in the images - who knows? Again, if they're trying to cover something up, it would have been much simpler to hide the whole sequence. Otherwise, it's likely a result of down time for maintenance or transmission of data or some other innocuous explanation.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I really don't think there are any asteroids coming this way.

Light can do some crazy things, especially when it is the source of it.

The Universe isn't full of as much junk as you think it is. If it was, you probably wouldn't be able to see any stars. The debris would create a "fog", and block our view. The universe is so vast, and the Earth so small, that it would be like trying to throw a rock at a gran of sand from miles away.

Actually, I think the way the solar system is designed, it would be extremely rare for anything really huge to hit us. Like winning the lottery. The moon serves a good purpose actually, it's like a source of gravity that will help curve objects out of the way. Venus', Earth's, Mars', and other planets' rotation around the Sun also helps prevent major collisions.

Seriously, have you ever tried to hit a moving target?

I don't think the Sun will emit any large solid objects either, they would be vaporized before they even reach 10 miles away from the Sun. It would melt to molten lava, and the vacuum of space will expand the lava, and into tiny droplets like rain. If they do manage to survive past 10 miles, they will start to cool the further and further away it gets, and if it manages to not be effected by the rotation of the planets, it could possibly turn into a shooting star on Earth. ...and maybe someones future pet rock.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Haven't read all the pages, but, could the space collision have catapulted into something and caused a secondary break up of debris/whatever?

Also the strange sounds, pulses, pings... are they indicative of a fusion crush (for lack of a better term)?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
The moon serves a good purpose actually, it's like a source of gravity that will help curve objects out of the way. Venus', Earth's, Mars', and other planets' rotation around the Sun also helps prevent major collisions.

Let's not forget Jupiter whose large mass and surface area have attracted and absorbed numerous rocks and snowballs.

It is highly unlikely that life on Earth would have flourished without our big brother, Jupiter running interference for us.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Could this have been what was seen?

It was huge.

Asteroid flies closely past Earth

Astronomers knew 115-foot-wide rocky object was coming
An asteroid the size of a 10-story building flew past Earth today about twice the distance as the highest Earth-orbiting satellites.

Asteroid 2009 DD45 was closest to Earth today at about 8:40 a.m. ET. It was some 44,740 miles (72,000 km) away.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Siren]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Siren

No.

What the OP is talking about was not 2009DD45. This asteroid is too small to have been seen in January and it did not come from the direction of the Sun.

Actually, it was rather small as far as asteroids go.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This asteroid is too small to have been seen in January

They have known about it for some time and have been tracking it.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

How do they tell a solid object from gas or another type of emission?

Not sure if this was posted before, but, evidently it is a puzzle. See article below:

UNEXPLAINED SOLAR ANOMALY
by gary d. goodwin

www.tmgnow.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

A sequence of four images reveal the motion of asteroid 2009 DD45 (at center) over 36 minutes during its discovery on February 27th.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

Gary Godwin has been discussed. That article is nonsense. The only anomaly is a digital photographic anomaly called blooming.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just trying to understand something. How is it that the JPL NASA has info months prior to that date?

They knew about it. The 27th is when it entered into earths orbit.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

It was unknown until the 27th. By observing its motion the orbit be calculated. The calculated orbit is what is displayed, not a tracked path.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join