It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior US officers targets of corruption probe: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Senior US officers targets of corruption probe: report

rawstory.com

Senior US military officers have become targets of a federal corruption probe that is focused on a 125-billion-dollar effort to rebuild Iraq following its 2003 US-led invasion, The New York Times reported Saturday.

Citing senior government officials and court documents, the newspaper said on its website that last month, investigators had subpoenaed personal bank records of Colonel Anthony Bell, who was in charge of reconstruction contracting in Iraq in 2003 and 2004 and is now retired...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
ca.news.yahoo.com
www.news onfeeds.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WMD Lies - Bush Administration
Unredacted Documents Reveal Prisoners Tortured to Death (Previously Classified)
Dozens of secret Bush surveillance, executive power memos found; Could be made public
Court sides with ACLU, strikes down Patriot Act gag provision

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

According to the report, investigators are also examining the activities of Lieutenant Colonel Ronald Hirtle of the Air Force, who was a senior contracting officer in Baghdad in 2004.

It is not clear what specific evidence exists against the two men, and both deny any wrongdoing, The Times said.

But officials say that several criminal cases over the past few years point to widespread corruption in the operation the men helped run, the paper noted.

It just stands to reason. Everything else points to it. I have no doubt in my mind that these people probably had a part in it, along with many others. The evidence will come, just watch.

I am start to feel pretty good across the board with the investigations that are taking place, and the FBI's recent shift of focus to corruption and white collar crime from terrorism.

Weed em out baby, GO TEAM.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well while they're at it, they should probably target everybody else in the United States Government leaving no stone unturned. Go big or not at all, I say.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He's just the fall guy.. rummy and the rest will get away scot free as per usual.

Weren't they selling hammers for something like a few hundred dollars at one point?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Heh, if you think a hammer's bad... You ought to see what Dave Von Kleist says in 911 Ripple Effect about the no bid contract awarded to one of the MIC companies that charged US taxpayers $27 million+ for a $10,000 delivery of some fuel, just as one example. It's sickening. They are robbing us blind.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I had a family member, a Green Beret, who quit the Army in early 1960's over corruption among his fellow officers in Viet Nam.

The thread calls to mind the suicide of this American officer in Iraq, disillusionment over contractor corruption

"He was sick of money-grubbing contractors," the official recounted. Westhusing said that "he had not come over to Iraq for this."

source

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
I had a family member, a Green Beret, who quit the Army in early 1960's over corruption among his fellow officers in Viet Nam.

The thread calls to mind the suicide of this American officer in Iraq, disillusionment over contractor corruption

"He was sick of money-grubbing contractors," the official recounted. Westhusing said that "he had not come over to Iraq for this."

source

Wow. Amazing story. Thank you for posting that. I just have to wonder whether many of the other soldiers committing suicide may be doing so for similar reasons. What can you do when you are between a rock and a hard place?

What can you do? You can stand strong. You can help weed out corruption and take the fight to higher above if you get stalled at your superior's level. And take it further than that if you have to! Never quit! NEVER! You are better than them! You stand for honor. You stand for truth. You are sworn to expose and fight all enemies foreign and domestic.

But at least if it comes down to it, and you MUST do it....Take at least one of them with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join