It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD Lies - Bush Administration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

WMD Lies - Bush Administration

www.youtube.com

Clips of the lies of the Bush Administration. These are assembled in such a way that I don't see how anyone can deny this! This was added to Youtube Februray 1, 2009, and has very few views. It is time we change that.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Study: Bush, Other Officials Issued Hundreds of False Statements Before Iraq Invasion
ATS: Bush Administration Lies about Iran and its Nuclear Program
Bush lies and says he's going to pull the troops out of Iraq
Bush Administration: High Crimes and Misdemeanors

[edit on Sat Feb 7th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

Mod note: This forum is dedicated to threads based on bona fide news sources, not YouTube videos. Please review this link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines.

[edit on 2/7/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How many threads at ATS have there been on the lies of the Bush administration?

This is for all the people that flamed us. That said we were wrong. That fought us tooth and nail, called us names, and called us crazy. Like we just hated Bush for no apparent reason. They claimed it was just partisan politics. NO, it wasn't. It was because of the lies. These lies. In your face lies, that the American people should never, EVER forget.

But you know who this is really for? This is for the dead. This is for the families of the dead. This is for you Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, and all other coalition forces that are fighting a war based on lies. This is for you to seriously think about as you pull that trigger on another human life and kill them in cold blood. This is for you. Think about it.

The American people need the truth.

No

More

Lies.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just a few quotes from a few random Democrats....just for a little balance....

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Bergler, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately as long as americans have gas coming for cheap they don't care. "change" man is just going to reshuffle the troops to Afghanistan. There is a lot of stupid people in this world and as long as those stupid people exist nothing will change.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Yup, I am giving you a star RR. Good post. But as this unfolds, remember that if lies are disseminated from the top down, everyone, including the American people (that means you) were lied to. What can anyone do? We are supposed to trust our leaders. They divided and conquered us all with lies. And there are liars on both sides. No doubt about that. But the real blame is upon those at the very top manufacturing these lies to pass down the line. Everyone was caught up in it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
OP, are you a hypocrite or something?

All those people died because of Bush's lies.

Bush's lies were what got us into Iraq.

4,000 Americans died because of the war, and, I believe that hundreds of thousands Iraqis have died or have been in harm's danger due to the war.

It was a war based on aggression. They wanted regime change in Iraq. Not to find WMDs.

All of you Republicans are complaining about spending now. Where were you when Bush was in office?

This is why I can't stand the hypocracy of the Republican party. They say one thing and do another.

They have this really good philosophy on paper about laissez-fair economy (which I believe in, I'm not a communist sympathizer, I believe in the free market), which has helped our economy a lot. Then they talk about less government spending and they spend trillions of dollars! Democrats are more free market than Republicans are... or so it seems.

Fiscal conservatism is useful yes... but you have to walk the walk too.

I like the philosophy of fiscal conservatism... but please practice what you preach.

You can't just keep denying everything.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This shouldn't be an issue.

Soldiers are soldiers. They knew what was going to given to them when they signed the dotted line.

This is just deflection off of Obama cause he is a chump.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
every evil member of the goverment who lied should be tried for war crimes. its a disgrace that should never be forgtotten.

just shows how much they think of us, the public, NOTHING. we are worthless to them.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Read RR's post above. Who knew exactly what, and when, is something that still creates a lot of confusion. There is a ring of people in high places, on both sides of the aisle that knew what was going down with that intelligence, and what went down with 911.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wait forget what I said earlier.

I thought you were a Republican just denying any of the claims about the lies about the Iraq war and the war on terror. Forgive me.

Yes, we've been lied to, and several times now.

What can we do to tell Congress to be more honest? We need to hold our politicians more accountable to their actions.

Just what can we do?

We can't let more innocent soldiers die in vain for a particular agenda. We also can't waist money for a particular agenda.

We need to get politicians interested in bettering the nation again.

I'm sick of politicians and their lies.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wait forget what I said earlier.

I thought you were a Republican just denying any of the claims about the lies about the Iraq war and the war on terror. Forgive me.

Actually, no...I am not affiliated with any party, but I do stand behind the ideas of Ron Paul. As I study more and more the dynamics of 911 and these lies, it is becoming much clearer that we were all duped. And we all ended up in big fights over it. It was never a political issue with me as much as it was sheer lies. I can't stand liars. No matter what party they are from.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
You can artificially increase views of a video and passing under the radar of YT with a software called Tube Increaser, that you can get here and you will need fresh http proxies (high anonymous preferably), updated daily, that you can get here

That's a good start to make a video popular

Glad to help for a just cause

[edit on 7-2-2009 by themaster1]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by themaster1

I just said how I can't stand liars, and you want me to go download whatever that is to deceitfully increase YouTube views on this video? :shk: Aye ya yai.

Are there any honest people left? Honesty is not a fashion that comes and goes, ya know. It is driven by the desire to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth. RR corrected whatever portion of the truth was missing in this video with his post, and I appreciate it. I will say again though- lies in this case started from the top or near the top and were passed down, making unknowing liars on the issue out of some, and knowing liars out of others.

I'll slam Obama just as hard if there are proven lies, and I already have to a degree questioning his COLB- but as of yet that is not conclusively proven one way or the other- IMO... And I still don't like the idea that he seems to be backtracking on his promise to not appoint lobbyists. That's potentially a lie.

Citizens for Honest Government. CHG. Any takers?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ok my own personal view is this . Saddam wrongfully gave the impression that he had current stockpiles of WMDs in order to deter Iran from restarting the Iran Iraq War . Bush being the naive and out of his depth man that he is or rather was may have believed that Iraq had current stock piles of WMDs and no I am not talking about those rust buckets that pre date the first Gulf War that were found . I do have a hard not thinking that some of the real players in the Bush admin aka Cheney and Rumsfeld didn't have a clue that something was a miss . Seeing what you only want to see isnt lying(SP?) but its hardly acceptable .

The most telling thing for me is the now infamous clip that appears below .

You could just about convince me that VP Cheney and the Cheney in the clip are not the same person . Historically it must rank as one of the biggest policy flip flops .

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
And yet the dirty little secret that no one will admit to.....

Every other week or so there would be a report that chemical weapons had been found, and a day or two later, another report would say they were just agricultural chemicals. Just to clue you in...ALL chemical weapons are traced back to "agricultural" chemicals.

Take the base at Karbala. Our troops found a partially underground, camouflaged bunker. Within this bunker barrel after barrel of chemicals were found. By themselves, they were pesticides, weed killers etc... Combined they were things like Sarin and Mustard Gas. In addition, there were also hundreds of mortar rounds, artillery shells and bombs all configured to deliver a liquid payload. In other words, everything needed to make and deliver some nasty chemical weapons was found in this bunker on the base. Of course, two days later, they were labeled agricultural chemicals in the press.

Yep, every farmer I know keeps his pesticides in bunkers on military bases...................................

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
TrueAmerican, given that you, I and many others believe that 9/11, WMD's and Iraq was all a set up and one in which millions have died since 9/11 what are we going to do when they want to attack Iran.

Its is on the cards and not just Iran others as well. If the American people do not support this what monstrous crime will be commited on the American people and posibly others to get them to support and back yet another illegal war.

That is the big question, how do we stop this, what will it take to get the perps behind bars. Can it even be stopped, one thing is for sure that the perps plans will be well advanced and every contingency covered. Waco, Oklahoma, 9/11 its all practice makes perfect. Each event bigger than the last so whats next. How many will die then, but will the perps overplay their hand? Will such an event be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Will all those well armed American citizens have finally reached their limit and can take no more. We are facing dark times indeed, where the stakes are so high our very survival is in jeopardy.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Why the post I think the majority on this site know both parties are corrupt?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I love the part in the video when Mr. Bush is joking about not finding weapons and the elitest crowd is all laughing wtf is funny.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
TrueAmerican, given that you, I and many others believe that 9/11, WMD's and Iraq was all a set up and one in which millions have died since 9/11 what are we going to do when they want to attack Iran.

Brutha, I wish I knew.
But I don't. So far though, it appears that some people are wising up in the military and have got our backs. The warmongers keep trying to build a case against Iran pursuing a nuclear weapons program, but there is just not enough evidence to justify strikes.

As more military reexamine the constitution and their DUTY to disobey illegal orders, we can hope that this movement will become stronger. They know the consequences of attacking Iran. Israel is just going to have to live with Iran's civil nuclear program. The Russians are comfortable enough with them to continue fueling their reactors, provided IAEA inspections continue.

Has Israel ever considered disarming their nuclear weapons and instead assume a heavy defensive posture by increasing shielding with ABM systems? Maybe the rest of the Middle East would be a little more at ease, and could open up more dialogs for peace. They could become signatories to the NPT.

Those are about all the comforting words I can offer. Let's see what happens with the new administration there. But honestly I don't have much hope.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
True, unfortunately peace is the last thing on the minds of the perps. They fooked up in Georgia but you can bet they have a plan B waiting in the wings. There is a big game being played out and unfortunaely the greater mass of humanity is just cannon fodder as far as the perps are concerned and it has nothing to do with colour race or creed.

When you have a group of eletists who hold all the cards it is going to be very difficult indeed to win against them. But one thing is for sure the more minds that we can open means that is is harder for the perps to carry out their plans.

That is the biggest challenge not the perps but tackling the sheeple and those who's minds are controlled by the system, once the veil has been lifted all will see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join