It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush lies and says he's going to pull the troops out of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just read this on the Majority Report's blog, it makes sense if you listen to the comments coming out of the administration. Maybe they are trying to feel the public's reaction?

Bush lies and says he's going to pull the troops out of Iraq, just to raise his poll numbers. After he's elected, they never leave.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
you know, I thought about this same EXACT thing yesterday.

Great minds think alike eh?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
How are we going to react when Bush ends up doing nothing to try to boost his poll numbers? Seriously, I dont think a president would tell such a big lie to be elected, not even Bush.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If something of that nature where to happen, he would get impeached fairly quick.

Thats why he wants to go to Mars, he needs something else exciting to do with his next term.

I guess it makes sense in a way, a Redneck leading us to the Red Planet.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
He would announce a withdrawl, and then something would 'come up'. Or a real, real, slow withdrawl. LINK

Powell says U.S. forces would leave Iraq if Iraqi interim governments asks

Setting us up?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
He would announce a withdrawl, and then something would 'come up'. Or a real, real, slow withdrawl. LINK

Powell says U.S. forces would leave Iraq if Iraqi interim governments asks

Setting us up?

Exactly, once the "new government" is in place, it will formally ask the US for help, that means that the troops stay. Maybe more follow.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Exactly... they will not leave. Iraq is the place they want US troops for a long time. Strategically it puts them in the perfect location in the middle east. IF they were asked to leave, something would happen and it would not become a possiblity. Also, I am sure that the administration has made it clear that the leaders follow their rules or they will be relieved.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
How are we going to react when Bush ends up doing nothing to try to boost his poll numbers? Seriously, I dont think a president would tell such a big lie to be elected, not even Bush.

Probably he would. It the government. But there's a flaw in your theory curme. He said he would pull the troops out in June the elections arent until November. So if he doent pull them out in June his polls will drop in November.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It seems to me Bush and his administration are looking for a way to withdraw while saving face. They announced that once power is handed over on June 30 if the new Iraqi government asks the US military to leave they will honor the request!

If this isn't telegraphing a future move I don't know what is. In the latest opinion poll taken in Iraq (sorry don't have the link now) the majority of respondants said they would feel safer if the US left than if they were to stay. Hmmmm I would say there is a pretty good chance the US and the allies are going to be asked to leave!

I think it is very reasonable to assume the coalition did not have a plan to rebuild Iraq going in. They were completely focused on capturing or killing Saddam which they eventually achieved. The way the path to war was rushed through the UN with dodgy evidence and by America with a few televised speeches gets me thinking as to why Saddam was so important to remove, and quickly? What is the real story going on here under the cover of freeing the Iraqi people and installing a democracy in the arab world (and wmd's which have never been found)?

Why did the coalition take such a HUGE risk? Does anyone have any information on why Saddam was such an important figure to remove? Was he personally ever mentioned in ancient prophecies or by 'alien' contacts as a key figure in affecting world history?

To me it is obvious rebuilding Iraq successfully would be a welcome bonus but not terribly important to the current administration. It looks like we are just going through the motions until we are politely asked to leave. Again I ask why Saddam and why the huge rush???

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
your signature!!!
The Inquisition, what a show. The Inquisition, here we go.
We know you're wishin' that we'd go away! So all you Muslims and you Jews
We got big news for all of yous: You'd better change your point of views TODAY!
'Cause the Inquisition's here and it's here to stay!
well let see about the muslim part,let me ask you to think this way and find the answer if you are ready to about!!!
do you think with all NUKE,SPACE
LASER PLATFORM,BIOMISSILE,CHEMMISSILE,are ready to working now.and my advice please use it now before it too late and what i m worried about is not all of the thing will be move except THE NUKE FALLOUT ONTO THE MUSLIM JIHADS but what the JIHADS FORCES give you back more unbelieveble and most of the BIOCASE AND CHEMCASE you wont be able to knock it out of EUROPE and UNITED STATES then you ill realise.how the children ask for the food and how the father want to find a food when most of city in being disaster with BIO and CHEM.so to be advice please use all the weapon before it to late then you cant even think the time
use all what you have e;g stealth,b52 or what soever you d like too but remember there will be a day when EUROPE and UNITED STATES are not yours anymore

new topics

top topics

join