It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman Comic Depicts 9/11 - Released One Day After

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
'This Is Not A Job For Superman'

The above cover is the Adventures of Superman #596, published on September 12, 2001. One of the first things I noticed about the cover was that Superman's emblem had a black background, not the traditional yellow. In the sub-title "This is not a job for Superman"

On the first panel of page two, we get this shot.

Lexcorp's twin towers are partially destroyed, with helicopters swirling about. Anyone who knows about comics knows that they are written and drawn months before the publish date, and this one went on sale a day after 911. The plot of the story is that there has been an alien invasion which has left much of the Earth damaged, and Superman hasn't lifted a finger to help with the rebuilding.

Of course J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter is going to make an appearance. It seems that every time the disaster was foreseen in D.C. Comics, he was there. In this panel he wants to know why Supes isn't helping, and in the background you can see the twin towers. Only in this shot, they are much less damaged. On another monitor to the right you can see the Great Pyramid of Cheops.

Uh-oh! There is a crisis in Antarctica. It seems the ice is melting for no good reason. To the Left of J'onn you can see the towers now appearing undamaged. And of course we must have a shot of the pyramids in this panel as well.

The Weather Wizard is melting the ice in Antarctica, and is putting it on Youtube! While most people would be shocked that a man in bright spandex is standing in the middle of the South Pole, I am more curious as to why a polar bear is 12000 miles away from his home. Everyone knows that polar bears are native to the Arctic, not the Antartic. Everyone except the editors at D.C. Comics it would seem.

Theres not much to tell for the rest of the issue. Superman easily dispatches the weather Wizard, and then saves a construction worker from falling. The construction worker then tells off president Luthor.

So in this comic book that was released on September 12, 2001, we have an alien invasion, 911, global warming, Isis, the pyramids, and weather control. Not to mention my favorite martian. Of course no comic book review would be complete without posting the back cover, as they usually synch well with the rest of the story. I wonder what it will be this time. They could have a bunch of college cheerleaders cheering on bradly tanks and it wouldn't surprise me.

Okay, I lied, It does surprise me. The game is called "Advance Wars". Go beavers! Build that dam!

Source: mercurysgarden.blogspot.com... & www.immortaltechnique.co.uk

Just remember, this was released 1 day after 9/11, mereley a coincidence i suppose, rotflmfaooooooo

[edit on 15-2-2009 by ImmortalTechnique.Co.Uk]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It seems to be a spiritual truth that TPTB have to tell you what they are going to do ahead of time. Even if you don't believe it. Even if you think it a lie, or fiction, or a story. It seems that they have to tell you ahead of time.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Awesome thread!!

The diamond on Superman's chest is in the shape of a snake head, which resonates the Annunaki/Serpent.

He also so has one on his back which solidifies the snake connection, ie diamondback snake.

So, he wears 2 S's SS.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Shawn B.]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Check this one out. It may top this.

Dream Theater - "Live Scenes From New York"

This album cover got banned for more of a timing issue. The album features the twin towers in New York engulfed in fire. If that weren't enough, it was released on Sept. 11, 2001, how's that for timing? The record label quickly pulled all versions of the album from store shelves and re-released with a new cover.

www.thegauntlet.com... used to be a big fan of these guys. I remember hearing about it after 9/11.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
It seems to be a spiritual truth that TPTB have to tell you what they are going to do ahead of time. Even if you don't believe it. Even if you think it a lie, or fiction, or a story. It seems that they have to tell you ahead of time.

I've been thinking that for a long time.
For instance, in Bush's public address immediately after wards he says "We all saw THE PICTURES of the planes flying into the buildings"...which is true, because they were nothing more then pictures with decoy planes flying over the city to make people think they saw planes, which they did, but none went into the buildings, the explosions where exactly what they were...explosions.

That is why the term Ground Zero is used, because Ground Zero is a term for demolitions.

But I totally agree with you. Perhaps they do practice some sort of weird religion where they are not allowed to not disclose what happened, only they can use the medium of fiction to announce. Once you see something on the screen it immediately becomes "non-reality".

Were strait up dealing with the "Wizard of Oz". Puts us to sleep with "Popies". They represent the "loli-pop" guild, just check out the Ophsngtun Monument.

Good catch op.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
Awesome thread!!

The diamond on Superman's chest is in the shape of a snake head, which resonates the Annunaki/Serpent.

He also so has one on his back which solidifies the snake connection, ie diamondback snake.

So, he wears 2 S's SS.

It's all representative of Egypt. Egyptian Colors, even the little snake curlyQ in his hair all the way to the "cape" or "hood".

Annunaki = I am Heaven and Earth

It even goes deeper then the snake representation. The Egyptian head dress. Look at it and think about it for a minute. What else can look like a viper with it's "head" flared.

Take our national anthem, since we are egypt, for a moment.

Horus/Jesus can you see, by the dawns early light, what so proudly we haled, at the twighlights last gleaming, whose broad stripes and bright stars, fought the perioulous fight, or the RAM parts we watched, so galently streaming (blood of the lamb), and the ROCKETS RED GLARE (phallic reference) the bombs bursting in air (orgasm) gave proof through the night...

We are egypt. "Out of egypt I have called my people he will rule as god"
Look to our scarab, cherub, Eagle, Angel.

If the dung beetle rolls up dung like the sun, then guess who is the dung who been rung.

Peace

[edit on 15-2-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I keep thinking I've seen it all.
And then .... I haven't.

It just gets weirder and weirder.
I'm thinking time warp.
alternate universes.
Serious unthinkable well planned corruption.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting. The towers are so iconic they do pop up everywhere, apart from the pyramids I would say they are the most recognisable modern buildings. I remeber seeing a dozen images of the towers soon after depicted on fire, in a war zone etc. A few were from pulp fiction novels. And there was a rap album that had them on fire at the time.

Why is this thread under close scrutiny?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I've been thinking that for a long time.
For instance, in Bush's public address immediately after wards he says "We all saw THE PICTURES of the planes flying into the buildings"...which is true, because they were nothing more then pictures with decoy planes flying over the city to make people think they saw planes, which they did, but none went into the buildings, the explosions where exactly what they were...explosions.

The controlled demolitions theory is something plausible, but the no plane theory is too far fetched.

To make the no plane theory true, then you would have to discount thousands of eyewitnesses who SAW the second plane hit.

Think about it. Something exciting or seemingly unreal happens and people flock to it. It is our nature to want to know what's going on. So after the first plane hits the tower, people flock towards it to see what the deal is. That leaves potentially thousands of eyewitnesses watching the second plane hit the tower.

So it's possible the planes could have been faked in pictures. It's possible planes could have been faked on TV, but is it logical to dismiss numerous eyewitnesses who clearly saw the plane crash? No, not very logical at all. No one from New York who was physically present at the time does not make any move to say "there was no plane" right after the event AND (note that it has to be both, not either or because it's possible someone said "there was no plane" out of denial or amazement) a significant time (half a year or more) after the event. Therefore, the no plane theory holds no water.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Oh yea, because we all know that DC Comics is "the powers that be" right? Just like that rap group from Oakland had 2 skyscrapers blowing up on the cover of their album before 9/11. Let me guess, David Rockefeller contacted these ghetto rappers and told them to put that on the cover, right? lol

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalTechnique.Co.Uk

Look closely at the front cover, the blue lines

The blue lines under the S - it is a devils face.

You can see the 2 eyes on either side of the "pyramid" bottom point of the S, then below that, you can see the "smile" of the devil. Then you can see how the "flames going out on either side is like the horns.

Very interesting and very telling..

Yep, they do things right in front of our face...

One thing about it all though....... I have figured, at some point, people who were involved will come out in the open one day.

Unless of course, they have all died of "accidents" in planes, cars, etc. - Oh, or committed suicide

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Release date on the cover is NOV 01. Not sept. although first you said publication started Sept 12, then at the end of your post you say the realese date was Sept 12th, which it obviously isn't.

They also show the Eiffel tower (under construction , Pyramids smoking, maybe, as well as the twin towers, and two other building one might be the white house.

Oh melting Polar ice caps??? Thats been going on for 20 some odd years hardly a prediction there.

Alien invasion you say? where? just because Martian Manhunter is there? He's a super hero, he's been around for ages. He's more earthling than alien at this point.

I'm sorry but as an avid comic book reader your really grasping at straws with this one. Comic books are always keeping up with current events, here and there. Well the crappy ones anyway.

Either way it doesn't matter the Superman title was/is so hard up for stories back then, they killed him off back then only to bring him back to life. In 4 different books all released on the same day. I know I counted and shipped 3 truckloads full of those White Bag pieces of crap.

So they borrowed some Natural disasters, a little from 9/11 and made a story out of it.

and where does it say the Weather wizard is uploading to you tube? LOL or was that a joke? My internet sarcasm detector blows. also the pictures are poor quality, I can harly read what the characters are saying.

Although I am a firm believer that 911 was an inside job. picking a few panels from one of the thousands of titles that come out monthly, is really cherry picking.

Still gotta give you a star just for Showing Martian Manhunter. Great character.

**BTW-on the subjects of Comic Books...

Watchmen the movie is hitting theatres March 6th. Athough Zach Snyder messed it up royally, the story is still 80% (might be being generous with that number) true to the Graphic Novel. Trust me if you haven't heard of Watchmen, go see it. The story will blow your mind.

BUT to get the true experience, read the Graphic Novel, it is worth every penny, and you can read it 5-10 before you get the FULL grasp of what is really going on, and all the symbology in the story and drawings. It's the only Comic book Listed on Times best 100 Books ever written, and the only Comic to win a Hugo award, which is like an Oscar for best movie, but this is for books.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Yes it was released 1 day after 9/11 actually regardless of it saying Nov on the cover, heres proof:

www.icv2.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Release date on the cover is NOV 01. Not sept. although first you said publication started Sept 12, then at the end of your post you say the realese date was Sept 12th, which it obviously isn't.

www.mania.com...

www.supermanhomepage.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

dude, your kidding...right?

HORUS/JESUS CAN YOU SEE? (?) RAM parts? ROCKETS RED GLARE?
( that needs to be checked by a physician)

you really need to get out more.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Any comic book hitting the stands on or about Sept 12th would have been drawn at the latest in July, and written as late as May but most likely much earlier. Given how DC plans ahead long term, this comic may have originally been conceived in 2000.

Their address is different now but for years it was 666 Fifth Avenue.

Has anyone checked how many of their employees didn't show up for work that day?

Mike F

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Intresting... I often wonder about the omni presence of the upside down pentagram in our society (ie the DC logo). The Satan under the S logo was pretty blatant as well. Then add in the pyramid symbology...

The most important thing I saw in this thread was the disinformation guy that said no planes actually hit the towers. People that say things like that are trying to discredit the real info.

Power to the People,

Hammer

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Annunaki = I am Heaven and Earth

Didnt Superman go to the ice/crystal caves (earth) and also take missiles out into space? (heaven).

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalTechnique.Co.Uk

Just another coincidence....

The part with the polar bear in the south pole... I think its the north pole... they forecasted a pole shift with all the other stuff happening....

they have everything...

Rgds

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join