I don't think most people understand or are inclined to contemplate how similar the economic and political circumstances are today to 1930's Europe. Resources are stretched tight and Darwinian remedies are being studied and implemented in benign ways that most people too distracted in the quest for mere basic sustenance even register.
But the concept of a white, blond-haired, blue-eyed master Nordic race didn't originate with Hitler. The idea was created in the United States, and cultivated in California, decades before Hitler came to power. California eugenicists played an important, although little-known, role in the American eugenics movement's campaign for ethnic cleansing.
Eugenics was the pseudoscience aimed at "improving" the human race. In its extreme, racist form, this meant wiping away all human beings deemed "unfit," preserving only those who conformed to a Nordic stereotype. Elements of the philosophy were enshrined as national policy by forced sterilization and segregation laws, as well as marriage restrictions, enacted in 27 states. In 1909, California became the third state to adopt such laws. Ultimately, eugenics practitioners coercively sterilized some 60,000 Americans, barred the marriage of thousands, forcibly segregated thousands in "colonies," and persecuted untold numbers in ways we are just learning. Before World War II, nearly half of coercive sterilizations were done in California, and even after the war, the state accounted for a third of all such surgeries.
C1.3. FUNCTION AND OPERATION OF ARNG READINESS CENTERS
A Readiness Center is defined as a facility which houses one or more units of the State Army National Guard.
C184.108.40.206. Primary. Provides administrative, training and material storage areas for the assigned military unit(s).
C220.127.116.11. Secondary. Utilized in support of state functions such as disaster relief and policing actions in case of civil disturbance.
C18.104.22.168. Tertiary. Provides for military and public social functions, generally on a rental basis. Access to functional spaces would normally be limited to the Assembly Hall, Rifle Range (used by authorized local organizations), Lobby, Toilet, Food Preparation/Classrooms and Scullery areas. The functional layout should provide the appropriate compartmentalization of all areas to support the above uses.
Full manual (pdf):
People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.
The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.
By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.
Originally posted by PammyK
Ithey had had a copy of that bill for weeks. All they had to do was go over the changes that were made. You know the gop is gona try to make the dems look bad, thats just part of politics.
Originally posted by wookiee
He clearly said, afterword, that the pledge did not include emergency bills (or executive orders).
Originally posted by PammyK
I will never agree with the way our government spends money, but I did hear an interview (can't remember who?) on cnn that they had had a copy of that bill for weeks. All they had to do was go over the changes that were made. You know the gop is gona try to make the dems look bad, thats just part of politics.
SEC. 1801. PROHIBITION ON COLLECTION OF CERTAIN PAYMENTS MADE UNDER THE CONTINUED DUMPING AND SUBSIDY OFFSET ACT OF 2000.
(a) In General- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, neither the Secretary of Homeland Security nor any other person may--
(1) require repayment of, or attempt in any other way to recoup, any payments described in subsection (b); or
(2) offset any past, current, or future distributions of antidumping or countervailing duties assessed with respect to imports from countries that are not parties to the North American Free Trade Agreement in an attempt to recoup any payments described in subsection (b).
(b) Payments Described- Payments described in this subsection are payments of antidumping or countervailing duties made pursuant to the Continued Dumping and Subsidy Offset Act of 2000 (section 754 of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1675c; repealed by subtitle F of title VII of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-171; 120 Stat. 154))) that were--
(1) assessed and paid on imports of goods from countries that are parties to the North American Free Trade Agreement; and
(2) distributed on or after January 1, 2001, and before January 1, 2006.
(c) Payment of Funds Collected or Withheld- Not later than the date that is 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall--
(1) refund any repayments, or any other recoupment, of payments described in subsection (b); and
(2) fully distribute any antidumping or countervailing duties that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection is withholding as an offset as described in subsection (a)(2).
GENERAL PROVISIONS--THIS TITLE
Sec. 901. Government Accountability Office Reviews and Reports. (a) Reviews and Reports-
(1) IN GENERAL- The Comptroller General shall conduct bimonthly reviews and prepare reports on such reviews on the use by selected State and localities of funds made available in this Act. Such reports, along with any audits conducted by the Comptroller General of such funds, shall be posted on the Internet and linked to the website established under this Act by the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board.
(2) REDACTIONS- Any portion of a report or audit under this subsection may be redacted when made publicly available, ...