It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good question about hell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
God is love, God is Just, he is also vengeful, but he is not cruel. The whole world is under the power of the wicked one, isn't that enough. The only torturing of our souls that God has done is allow us to rule ourselves. So to respond to Hardcoremusliclovers question, why would the devil punish those that do his will after death....he doesn't, they are getting their reward in full in this life.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover
We all know that heaven is reward for embracing God.

But if your a terrible evil person, then why would you be tortured in hell? Wouldn't the devil want to embrace you? Reward you for being such an evil person? I dont get it?

Did I miss something? Wouldn't evil souls get along and plot against God instead of just torture each other?

Some of you may not agree with my logic, but it may provide some with a completely different way to think about this?

I try to look at evil from a creators point of view by recognizing the important role it plays in our spiritual enlightenment. Without evil, there can be no real appreciation of what good is? For this purpose alone it is an important aspect in life that is needed every bit as much as anything else. I would expect evil is loved and wanted equally from a creators point of view. That evil is not a mistake in life and was a purposeful necessity created along with everything else.

There is reason for all creation in that it teaches us valuable lessons, none of it deserving further punishment in the afterlife. Evil has its punishments in this life and lessons are learned by all no matter what side of it you are on.

I've not read the entire thread yet, so forgive me if this has been said already? Peace!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the bible never says satan will rule hell...

there is no part in scripture where it says that..it is a common misconception..he will be in eternal torment just like everyone else..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hell and the devil are metaphors-hell is a metaphor for an intense suffering state of mind.
Only unsophisticated and naive peasants take it literally.

The devil is symbolic of the de-evolution from the human realm to lower realms
like the insect or animal realm. That is why the devil is depicted with animal horns,
cloven hoofs and a tail. Hell is symbolic of the increase in suffering that is the result
of a lack of compassion and suffering states of mind such as hate, jealousy, ignorance
and uncontrollable rage. That is why the devil is red as this uncontrollable rage on a
human results in a red face.

If one is smart enough to have the realization of re-incarnation or that the mind has
continuity in the space-time continuum. Then you can realize how a hateful, ignorant
human being who is reborn as a dung beetle is the same as a being going to hell as a result of the consequences
or karma of cause and effect. The cause being the hate that causes suffering in others and the result -the de-evolution into the insect realm and incarnation as a dung beetle.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

Did the dung beetles tell you they have been here before ?
Bet that was an interesting conversation ...lol ....
Dang I wonder what happens when they get squashed do they get another dung beetle body or do they get to come back as a human again ?

What sort of proof do you have for all of what you just said ?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I used to ask the oposite thing, would we get orgies and unlimited alcohol in heaven? :p I doubt it..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
ha ha
You will find out soon enough if you dont check out your Bible and ask Christ to cover your sin lovin butt - which is all anyone can do for Salvation.
Just one glimpse of Hell would paralyze you with fear-believe me. Mocking God can accelerate that.

Y

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Jim Scott

You have a creator, God. He loves you. He would leave 99 sheep to find the lost sheep. He came not into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

How is it possible for the creator of all that there is to loses anything ?
Equally so, why would the creator of all that is need to save the world from anything. To say that the creator of all that there is, is intent on saving, then this implies that, that to what it is saving from, is not created by the creator. If this the case then logically the creator of all that there is, is not the creator of all that there is, and that there is another creator/creators, creating something that the first would need to save from.

Hi. I shortened your questions to get to the essentials.

The creator loses because of the free will of the individual. For example, Satan has a free will. Jesus said He lost Satan, but saved all the others "except the son of perdition" when He was praying in the garden at the last.

The creator created everything, and gave us free will. He did not create our decisions, and He saves us from our mistakes in those decisions.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aNdReSk
I used to ask the oposite thing, would we get orgies and unlimited alcohol in heaven? :p I doubt it..

I think you would find that the things that satisfy and last are not orgies and unlimited alcohol. That being said, there is alcohol in heaven. There is love in heaven. You have a body in heaven. There are no rules of marriage in heaven. In heaven, however, you would not knowingly go against the will of a loving God when you see how much He loves you.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
Hell and the devil are metaphors-hell is a metaphor for an intense suffering state of mind.
Only unsophisticated and naive peasants take it literally.

Jesus talked with Satan. Apparently your facts are wrong. Jesus descended into hell after the crucifixion. Again, sorry.

The devil is symbolic of the de-evolution from the human realm to lower realms like the insect or animal realm. That is why the devil is depicted with animal horns, cloven hoofs and a tail. Hell is symbolic of the increase in suffering that is the result of a lack of compassion and suffering states of mind such as hate, jealousy, ignorance and uncontrollable rage. That is why the devil is red as this uncontrollable rage on a human results in a red face.

Symbolic representations of Satan are man-made. The Bible says we will be amazed at how he is nothing to take note of when we finally see him. We will look at him and be shocked that he could pull off what he did, being just a creature like us, but an angel.

If one is smart enough to have the realization of re-incarnation or that the mind has continuity in the space-time continuum. Then you can realize how a hateful, ignorant human being who is reborn as a dung beetle is the same as a being going to hell as a result of the consequences
or karma of cause and effect. The cause being the hate that causes suffering in others and the result -the de-evolution into the insect realm and incarnation as a dung beetle.

Logically, of course, devolution to a lower form would not make any sense. If you were to be devolved, you would be limited in scope in many ways. For example, the lifespan is too short, the range of experiences too limited, and the ability to learn too thwarted. Other than useless punishment on an noncomprehending soul, which is illogical, there is no other reason to believe this dogma other than personal desire. It fails the intelligence test.
Devolution does not increase awareness, improve karma, improve actions, or any other significant aspect of living and growing.

However, transcending this plane to heaven, living in paradise with an understanding and loving, forgiving God, makes intelligent sense.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
so is this RAPTURE thing going to happen and why are there so many people who dont believe in the bible but believe in the NWO but dont see that the NWO is all about events predicted in the bible and interpreted by them as to allow them to implement there goal in the end?

you have to read it to see how the whole alien thing is something to do with false profits and the one world goverment being led by Satan himself but yet we serve him and then god returns and punishes us for doing so.

I dont get any of it ( that's pretty obvious from this post ) but the rapture does make an interesting read, i to want to know is the bible just a story, a way set out by an early goverment on how to live your life?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAbstract

If God created EVERYTHING including "satan" and "hell", then God is responsible for dishing out the punishment....God is Love, lol

God did create Lucifer, an angel who was second in command, but pride entered into Lucifer and he said "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God" (Isaiah 14:13). He was then cast out of Heaven and took one third of the angels with him (Revelation 12:4,9).

Then, God created the Earth and Adam and Eve. It was for His pleasure that all things were created (Revelation 4:11). Adam and Eve were created perfect, and God wanted them to choose to serve him. They had everything perfect, in the Garden of Eden. Then, Lucifer lied to Eve and deveived her into disobeying God's command. Therefore, sin entered into Eve (and Adam shortly after), making them imperfect. Because of this, man is born in sin and death entered mankind (James 1:15).

You're right, God is love, and had a plan to redeem mankind back to himself (Genesis 3:15, Romans 6:23). Hell was created for the Devil and his angels. It is not God's will that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (II Peter 3:9). We have a choice to accept the greatest love ever known, or reject His grace (John 15:13). God is standing with open arms and nail scarred hands. God is no respector of persons, and He loves everyone the same (Acts 10:34). It is sin that is enmity with God. If you want to know the Saviour, read Acts 2:38 and this experience will forever change your life, and give you eternal life in Heaven.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
cuz the devil aint lookin for a buddy... hes evil
go ahead and be a dumb azzz dick for your life...buddy up if you will
im sure when u get their he will welcome u with open arms..

i bet u could be a god in hell of sorts...hmmm wonder if anyone else ever thought that...hitler comes to mind..gl

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow this is really weird. I was thinking about this not that long ago. What I think is that the Devil is plotting against god and rallying demons and people exiled from heaven to launch an attack. If I may take something from a popular television show, the only way you can defeat the devil is by using the GOLDEN PSP!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by redseal

God is the Devil....God is "all knowing" and "all powerful" so he knows exactly whats gonna go down and who's gonna do it before it happens. We're all just a big joke to God....toys that he can dispose of.....LOL God...really????

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Read the short novel called "23 Minutes in Hell" ( Walmart carries it) then come back and tell me you don't believe there is a hell.

Very compelling material. He also wrote a follow-up book and now lectures.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

There hasn't been a single person who's been to Heaven or Hell, why??? Because they don't exist.

There hasn't been a single person you know that has seen Christ except for those folks in the Bible...who are those people...we don't know them. Just like the Lochness monster, God is imaginary

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAbstract
reply to post by seabisquit

There hasn't been a single person you know that has seen Christ except for those folks in the Bible...who are those people...we don't know them. Just like the Lochness monster, God is imaginary

Actually, I have seen Christ. I have also met others who have seen Him. He also has made a promise in the Bible that you can see Him, too.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
In the garden, man is removed from it because he now knows both good and evil. This is done to protect the tree of life, and all that which is not evil. This is also why the tower of babel is destroyed.

The perfect society has no government, it is anarchy because there is no evil, or people doing evil. You leave your house, you come home 20 years later and it's just the way you left it. Do that in an environment like earth where evil is present, and you will come home to an empty house. If there is evil present among this society, then it can not be the same society. Thus, we were removed.

Government is a necessary evil on this planet. Why? Because we have evil on this planet. Only among evil is it needed. Anytime you hear someone's ET stories of some great government and society, then you know by default there is evil among them. Personally, I think it's more proof that the story itself is a lie to promote a political agenda, but that's another topic.

You can't be allowed back into this society being and doing evil for the same reason.

You have the commandments, they aren't there just because god says so. They are the basic requirements to live in such a society. These were misunderstood and the people became hypocrites. They came up with man's laws, and justifications for their actions. They believed by killing the man that killed, they were doing God's work. But they forgot that vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord. When you kill a man who killed, it is seen as 2 sins, 2 mistakes, not just 1. You are not justified, you still broke a commandment.

Thus Jesus is the example of how to follow the commandments properly, so that you can be allowed back into such a society, back into the garden and heaven. He says those who truly believe will do as he says. It has nothing to do with all this accepting a fake idol. You have to be the change you want to see. You have to live by the commandments if you want to live in a society that does so. If you do not, then you can not. Jesus says over and over how important it is to walk the path. He calls it the way for a reason. Drop the idol and focus on the message.

I'm not sure why someone would think those who sin would be peaceful among each other. That to me is about like saying people in prison should be nice together. Or that the earth itself should be all peaceful and without torture and suffering. How absurd. Obviously these are people who do bad things to others. The earth itself is basically a big huge prison, or school depending on how you want to look at it. I personally prefer school.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

what if Gods DNA was inside you, and what if the people that are running our world were without the DNA, God to me is a source of pure light energy, total unconditional love , what if there is no heaven and hell . it is all right here and now, what if the kingdom is within yourself , the power you contain with God, and what if the humanoid contains only dark energy and has no consious and feeds of our energy for without us they could not survie without our light force. ask and you will recive MEDAiTATE.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join