It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good question about hell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

You have a creator, God. He loves you. He would leave 99 sheep to find the lost sheep. He came not into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

To save it from what exactly? If the god is the creator of all that there is, then this god would be saving it from something that it created in the first place.

What kind of creator would create something, then try to save it from something else it created?

How exactly, is it possible for the creator of all that there is, has been or ever will be to lose something ?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
nowhere in the bible does it say satan rules hell...he will be getting punished too..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If there is a "hell" somewhere I think we're already there...

But I don't see any logic in hell and heaven really, why punish stupid humans? We do what the world make us do, no one is born evil, no one deserves to be punished for actions we take while in this #ed up state (human).

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I actually believe that is more of emotional hell (spiritual hell) ...than a literal one ...

As I have said before Rev says that outside of the gates of the city of the New Jerusalem there is darkness (spiritual darkness one without God and without love etc ) .........and they will not be allowed into the city but will spend eternity just observing what it is like inside of that city ..
Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The idea of returning as an animal or something is non-Biblical. In the Bible, the world as we know it is destroyed and re-created in the end. Hence, no one is coming back, let alone as an animal, etc.

There is no reason to relive the earthly existence, when you think about it. If God is all-powerful and all-knowing, He has you in a life that will allow you to experience situations. Your reaction to those situations determine your final outcome. For everyone, that outcome is death and judgment. After death, your judgment is complete, as it is based on your reactions to the situations which you experienced.

More data from more life situations is not needed. While it may be true that suffering is good for the soul, your soul will be judged for what you have done.

The escape clause is the salvation of Jesus Christ. In that clause, you are not judged for punishment, but you are judged for rewards. In other words, you attend your own awards ceremony. Jesus took the judgment for punishment for you when He put your sins on Him on the cross, etc.

If you do not accept the escape clause, which is ironically totally free, you stand to be judged for punishment, as you have accepted the responsibility for your sins.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
spend eternity just observing what it is like inside of that city ..
Rev 22:14

Hell is not eternal, as we have the quote from King David in the Psalms "Thou shalt not leave my soul in hell." Eternal punishment means punishment from an eternal God, just as military punishment means punishment from the military, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
If there is a "hell" somewhere I think we're already there...

But I don't see any logic in hell and heaven really, why punish stupid humans? We do what the world make us do, no one is born evil, no one deserves to be punished for actions we take while in this #ed up state (human).

Ironically, we are not punished for what we have done, per se. We are fallen because of what Adam and Eve did. It's just that we have no ability to redeem ourselves. It is not required of God to save us. All He has to do is let things take their course. However, that being said, He sent His Son to give us a chance, individually, to accept His redemption. He willingly took upon Himself your sins so you could come back to God. It's really all about LOVE.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

You have a creator, God. He loves you. He would leave 99 sheep to find the lost sheep. He came not into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

To save it from what exactly? If the god is the creator of all that there is, then this god would be saving it from something that it created in the first place.

What kind of creator would create something, then try to save it from something else it created?

How exactly, is it possible for the creator of all that there is, has been or ever will be to lose something ?

The creator did not lose anything. He created a situation for love to flourish. Had he made the original humans compelled to obey, they would not have obeyed out of love and free will. By giving them free will, He knows who loves Him by how they act. That being said, He does not lose them because He provides a way out --- a redeemer, Jesus Christ. By taking upon Himself your sin, He has paid the full price for your salvation. The catch: in order to receive that free gift, called grace, you must accept it. Love is the bottom line here. If you accept it, you do it out of your understanding of His love for you, and your corresponding appreciation and love for Him.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I believe that scripture was referring to the fact that everyone went to hell prior to Jesus coming the first time (He had to get the victory over death first) ..and he went to hell (The grave )and set the captives free (all of the dead who died loving the Lord from the OT) they rose with him remember >.
There was no conquering death until Jesus did what he did ...

Hell is just as eternal as heaven is
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

2Cr 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

This life is temporal ..spiritual is eternal ...
So I dont believe that the ungodly will just cease to exist ....like some have said on here ..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
reply to post by benrl

why do i say that? because going on current understanding if one could live for "eternity" then what is the fing point of heaven and hell??

its total crap to control the mass population and its working well "for now"

the more this crap unfolds the more chance of the human waking up to understand how contradictory religion in fact is to the basic life we understand...

its for people who are lazy "in there heads" who believe in heaven and hell

If you could live for eternity, which you can't, then there is a point. However, that being said, in this life you can make your own heaven or hell, also.
But, on an eternal scale and on life after death, and the battle between good and evil, it might be a nicer place to associate with the good, don't you think?

I don't see the contradiction, as Christianity is based on love --- despite what the masses have done to it over time. God so loved the world that He sent His son to redeem us, not condemn us. We, then, from a point of love, show love to our fellow human beings and return to the love of God. That is the basis --- living and relating to others peacefully and in love, compassion, understanding, honesty, humility, and providing for others. These actions are rewarding in themselves, but also are pleasing to God.

If it controls the population by making them love one another, is that a bad idea? Would that be crap?

Please see my other posts.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well here is what use to be taught by the satanic churches, I believe they no longer teach it and are jumping on the band wagon that neither exist but it use to be taught,

That they believed Satan and God's war would never be an end'able war (kind of like the war on drugs) so they believe that Satan and God will come to a truce and God will take his people to Heaven and will let Satan rule over the Earth. At this point Satan promises to raise all his dead soldiers from the grave to rule Earth with him for eternity. My thought is geesh it is awfully close to the sun to be on earth for eternity as science says the sun could expand lol or at least that's what they taught in my day maybe things changed and the sun is actually shrinking I don't know.

Again this was taught quite some time ago and their religion seems to change often to suit the times. But at that time Earth was considered hell.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
That they believed Satan and God's war would never be an end'able war (kind of like the war on drugs) so they believe that Satan and God will come to a truce and God will take his people to Heaven and will let Satan rule over the Earth. At this point Satan promises to raise all his dead soldiers from the grave to rule Earth with him for eternity.

This, of course, is not Biblical teaching. The Bible teaches that Satan and so forth were all created by God, through Jesus. Therefore, they are creatures, not creators. The only power they have is what was given by God. Hence, logically, they can be easily destroyed. There is no contest.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Im just pointing out a fact thats all...

Infinity ? were does this fit into heaven and hell? or whatever place people call it?

I dont know about you but im happy just being me, and i did state that the ten commandments seem pretty logical as the basis of popluation controll... spose it didnt matter when we was hunter gatheres now does it?

or would one still apply the bible?

it just does not bother me in the slightest if there is or isnt but im sure one day ill find out

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

It always amuses me when a person says they don't believe in heaven or hell, and yet says they believe in aliens. You know, aliens MAY just be demons (or devils) that are showing up in increasing numbers because the end time is coming soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ats__fan039
well here is what research shows me:

Hell as a word is not in the Bible;

however the words "Hades" and "Gehenna" are mentioned.
Research shows that "Gehenna" was actually a place where garbage and refuse was "eternally" burned

Also Gehenna was where they burned the remains of the dead who were sick with disease. It had to be the most horrible place that anyone living around there knew about so its natural that they would pick that place as being 'hellish.'

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover
Thanks for the replies!

If the devil and other evil spirits are in hell then why are they torturing the new evil ones? It's almost as if they would be working for God by torturing them?

This confuses me so much! I understand Catholic view of Purgatory... but If your already damned to spend eternity in hell wouldn't the people in hell be trying to plot evil things on earth and such instead?

Im not an evil person, Im no where near perfect.. Just don't feel like I belong in hell and dont feel im perfect enough for heaven..

As a former Catholic, who fortunately came to my senses after reading the Bible and seeing what it REALLY says, I can tell you the Catholic Church is one that Jesus knew would come about, and he addressed several issues pertaining to that religion, such as the church hierarchy (not biblical, Pope and priests equate themselves to God) whether priests should marry (yes) or be called Father (no), fasting on Friday (not necessary), confessing sins to priests (Jesus says he is the only mediator between God and man) and plenty of other religions that he similarly spoke out against.

There is no such thing as purgatory, or limbo (limbo, where unbaptized babies were said to go at one point, I think the Catholics have quietly let this one go).

See, the Catholic Church uses this idea as a money making scheme. When someone's loved one dies, Catholic Church says you can get them out of purgatory FASTER, by having masses said for them, or prayers by the priest, etc., and, of course, you have to pay for that. That way, your loved one can get to heaven faster, you know, instead of being kept in purgatory.

Of course, this is a horrible lie that successfully takes advantage of the fact that when your loved one dies, in your grief you will do anything to make it easier on your loved one. What most people don't think about is, would God just make it easier on those who have money to buy their way out of it.

No. In fact, several parables Jesus told illustrate this pretty easily, the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, and the parable of the rich youth asking Jesus what he had to do to get to heaven, where Jesus basically said give up your riches and follow me.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover
But if your a terrible evil person, then why would you be tortured in hell? Wouldn't the devil want to embrace you? Reward you for being such an evil person? I dont get it?

Hell. This is a great point and a darn good question.

I have got a question ... Is it true that they only have dial-up in hell? And the keyboards don't have an ESC key? I mean, if this is really true, I think it's time to reconsider the necessity of belief

Greetings

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

There is a misconception by some religious people that Hell is ruled by the devil while Heaven is ruled by God. The fact is that God rules both Heaven and Hell, making Hell a place to punish those who have broken against his will. This includes punishing the devil too for betraying God.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
From what I understand, Hell is a place in which we make ourselves suffer.
From what I understand of life, and myself, there's nothing more frightening than having to spend centuries or God forbid, even longer, stuck with nothing but my own thoughts, and my own presence.

The devil, is us. The devil is everything, that makes us bad... it is not a being, it is emotions, and the actions that we perform. But, every action has a price, and a reward, no matter how small

There's nothing inherently bad about us, or our emotions. Only the way that we handle others, and ourselves.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Dude this is your quote, you claim the creator god has a lost sheep, so I asked a very simple question.

How is it possible for the creator of all that there is to loses anything ? If you agree that it is not possible for this to happen please agree or disagree. Please don't complicate it with bible babble, my kids understand this simplicity of this.

Equally so, why would the creator of all that is need to save the world from anything. You don't throw your child into a lake just to show it how merciful you are in saving it from drowning.

To say that the creataor of all that there is, is intent on saving, then this implies that, that to what it is saving from, is not created by the creator.
If this the case then logically the creator of all that there is, is not the creator of all that there is, and that there is another creator/creators, creating something that the first would need to save from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join