It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good question about hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Kinda agree. i mean the 10 commandments "most of em" seem pretty logical "basis for teamwork"

but all this you go to hell heaven shizzle is way past my paycheck.. i mean ill deal with that crap once i die..

For now infinity kicks both there arses..

why do i say that? becouse going on current understanding if one could live for "eterneity" then what is the fing point of heaven and hell??

its total crap to contoll the mass population and its working well "for now"

the more this crap unfolds the more chance of the human waking up to understand how conterdictory regligion infact is to the basic life we understand...

its for people who are lazy "in there heads" who belive in heaven and hell

same with this new age indigo nutjobs who think they have more genes turnd on than others.. OH boy.. biblical.. LOL

some people like to make life alot more complex than it infact is... and other people play on that..

NWO for a start.. and we all know about that little game dont we.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Also, Depending on your view, It would be a good idea to get a basic understanding of the Eschatology involved in Christianity. As many have stated it seems to be the script the NWO is using to get us to lie down and not fight.

bible end times and NWO
One world government-check
One world leader- Check
Loss of ownership and freedoms- check
Mark of the beast or RFID in order to buy something one currency- check
Massive deaths due to war, famine and sickness - check

See even if you dont believe something is going on, either Some one has decided the bible is a good tool to get sheep to fall in line with whats coming, OR theres something to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Satan gets joy from seeing others suffer. Its not like you can just go to hell and do what you want if you are evil, cause then you would be happy. Satan doesn't want you to be happy, thus, hell is the exact opposite of what makes you happy

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams9

See and example of people not understanding the bible, as I said the devil has no control over hell, its his prison, hes just not in it yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Satan??? if you really wanna know....WE ALL ARE SATAN
and for putting something like satan in the universe makes God a very human like torturer

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Also, Depending on your view, It would be a good idea to get a basic understanding of the Eschatology involved in Christianity. As many have stated it seems to be the script the NWO is using to get us to lie down and not fight. bible end times and NWO One world government-check One world leader- Check Loss of ownership and freedoms- check Mark of the beast or RFID in order to buy something one currency- check Massive deaths due to war, famine and sickness - check

Christianity is the main script for the Illuminati NWO in Brittish-America, for sure. But they also play off lots of other religions, really all religions, The Illumaniti NWO elite are the masters of all religions anyways, all the way back to Ancient Babylon and its mystery religions.

Dont forget too, Religio maens to hold back, or to restrict.
(Religion-Religio)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Perhaps God embraces you before Satan has his go.

You face Judgement the same as everybody else, and then God sends you back down onto Earth to be reborn as a devout Christian.

Your life is seemingly perfect for most of your life: lovely family and great friends.

You get married and have 3 very beautiful Daughters. You are the pride and envy of your entire Family.

One night, while sleeping in bed with your beautiful Wife, you hear screams coming from your children's room, you jump up to comfort them, as you believe that they may be having a terrible nightmare.

Half way down the hall-way the screams turn gutteral, and you can hear heavy breathing and some struggling. You realize that your children are not alone. You burst into the room and find a man stabbing your last daughter in the face with a long bladed hunting knife. Your other Daughters are already dead, their mutilated bodies lying slumped on the floor in horrible positions. Blood is everywhere, and your mind begins to go insane as you turn back to your Daughter who is now being murdered in slow motion inside your head.

You scream, but you can't hear yourself. You drop to the floor, wailing like a child. The Strange man turns to face you with a look of burning hate in his eyes, haloed by your children's blood.

He drops your lifeless Daughter and she falls to the floor, banging her deformed head on a set of drawers on the way down.

The last thing you remember is the man rusking for you.

When you wake up, you are confronted by a gruesome scene of violence that comes from another realm. Dead children, walls splattered with crimson blood. The silence is deafening. You don't know if this is a dream or the most disturbing nightmare that you have ever had.

Your face hurts, and you touch your forehead. You bring your fingers down from the pain to see them coated in blood.

You rush to your bedroom, remembering that at some point you were in bed with your wife, whose name you can't remember at this point.

Her body is cut up from head to toe. The sheets look more red than white.

Again you scream, but this time it doesn't stop.

You have witnessed Hell on Earth.

You are in Hell.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ats__fan039

Yep, based on your region and where you live, get an understanding of what they are using to manipulate you.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Please let me explain hell.

You have a creator, God. He loves you. He would leave 99 sheep to find the lost sheep. He came not into the world to condemn it, but to save it. God is love. To understand hell, you must see through the perspective of love.

King David noted "Thou shalt not leave my soul in hell" in the psalms. In II Peter we see how Jesus, after the crucifixion and before his ascent into heaven, went to preach to the spirits in prison which were the people drowned in the flood of Noah.

Hell is not created until the end of the Book of Revelation, and does not presently exist. Neither does heaven.

At the cross, Jesus told the thief "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise."
No one goes to heaven until after the judgment in Revelation, and that has not happened yet.

Now, what is hell?

Let's take a practical example with things that are common in our lives. If we are afflicted here, we grow, as in the adage "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger." The description of our troubles here on earth are compared in the Bible to a refiner's fire, fuller's soap, the buffetings of Satan, etc. When a believer does wrong, for example, the Lord turns him over to the buffetings of Satan.

If you have a child, and the child does wrong, do you still love the child? Would you condemn the child to everlasting suffering? Of course not. God is the same, and better. He says, "If a child asks his father for bread, would he give him a stone? So much more will your heavenly father give you what you have need of (note: not what you want, what you need).
Jesus said that we would have troubles in this world, but that He had overcome the world and we should not fear.

A father loves his child, regardless of his performance. We see Him saying throughout the Bible after his people have turned their backs on Him "And yet, for all these things, His hand is outstretched still."

So, we leave Him. We go into the hereafter as we are. "Let him who is clean be clean still, let him who is filthy be filthy still." We are the ones who do not want to be in His presence. We feel the guilt of the wrong that we have done. We try to escape His loving face. We hide, as it were, our faces from Him. We suffer for our sins if we do not have Him in our hearts. We make our own hell after death. However, He prepares a way. The process of suffering makes us better, even as it does on earth. After we pass through the refiners fire, so to speak, we want to be reunited with Him and He, as is represented in the story of the Prodigal Son, runs to meet us with open arms and embraces us.

He forgave Peter for denying Him three times.
He forgave the thief on the cross.
He forgave the adulteress.
He will forgive you, when you are ready to ask.

Hell is the time after death between arrival, and the time you ask. It will feel like a lake of fire. It will be you weeping, wailing, and gnashing your own teeth. It will be your outer darkness. It will be your lonely trial. It will be you, alone.

Satan will be condemned to isolation forever. You will not.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hell is a missunderstood word like many have said it means grave basically. If you sin/miss you die and stay dead, its that simple. Which is another reason why people many ages ago thought hell was under the ground, simply meaning 6 feet under.

And to answer peoples question about why god doesnt click his finger and make the devil disappear is simple. Would god give people the chance to do good or would he do good for them? Really would you not want to test your creation? See if its faithful to you? for giving you life?

Best part of this conversation is half the people replying have never read the bible in depth and tried to understand it. But dont get me wrong no one truely understands the bible its become some what of a chinese whisper and language since then has changed in many ways, so its lost in translation which others use to there advantage.

But all in all the bible has mentioned things that are happening now and even more detail in the original text, a good thing to look out for in Isaiah 40:22 the bible mentions the earth being sphere or circle keeping in mind this was written 2000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

I am willing to discuss this if it remains civil. I do not and will not beat anyone over the head with my beliefs. On the other hand, I don't want to be belittled for my beliefs either. With that being said...

"We all know that heaven is reward for embracing God."
Not really true. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "The meek shall inherit the earth". If not, it's in Matthew 5:5. Some will go to heaven. Most of those that "embrace God" as you put it will live on earth.

"But if your a terrible evil person, then why would you be tortured in hell?"
You won't be. No one will be. Hell is not a literal place of fiery torment. It is figurativly speaking. The soul that sins shall surely die. Genesis 2:17. Ecclesiastes 9:5 tells us that the dead are conscious of nothing at all. So being "tortured in hell" is just not what the bible says.

So why do so many people believe that we'll either go to heaven or hell forever? Take what God said in Genesis 2:17 above and compare it to Genesis 3:4 where the devil says "you positively will not die".

One contrasts the other. Satan is here to mislead us. He uses false religions to trick people into believeing that we have immortal souls that will live forever. Be good and go to heaven or be bad and be tortured in hell forever. Neither is true. Genesis 2:7 states that we are souls. Not that we have one that will live forever and ever no matter what we do. When we die, we are dead. That's it. Unless God ressurects us. But all thought and conciousness will cease to exist when we die.

There is a lot of confusion on these subjects. But if you truly want to become more knowledgeable then seek it out. Don't just believe what you hear. Because the people who are telling you have probably been mislead too. Don't let other people's lack of knowledge keep you from the truth. There is too much at stake.

I am done. I don't want this to turn into a peeing contest. Best of luck to you.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
the concept that hell is the place that bad people go to to be tormented for eternity is not really biblical

i go into it with alot of detail here..
post by miriam0566

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAbstract

don't you mean '___'? ketamine is not produced by your brain during near death experiences dimethyltryptamine is. Pretty sure.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I copied this from another thread

So most can agree that Hades=Hell in translation, but Hades or Hell can be disagreed on by many. This is for Christians that cling to the Hellfire doctrine.

Revelation 20:13-14 (New International Version)

13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Thus the question how can hell/Hades be thrown into hell? It can't, thus Hades is the common grave, when the very last person that lived and died good or bad is resurrected from Hades, God is able to kill it symbolically as now, no one will ever go there again. The second death or lake of fire means non-existence, whether it be people or a tangible non-living entity.

Revelation 19:20 (New International Version)

20But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

This takes place before the Devil even goes there himself, 1000 years before because Jesus had put him in a type of Jail/abyss see Rev. 20:1-3, in verse 20 he gets released out of prison not hell, to cause more trouble on the earth for a short time then he is finally put into the"lake of fire".

Revelation 20:10 (New International Version)

10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

People misinterpret the last part of the of this verse, because if objects that were never even alive Hell/Hades are in the lake of fire how can they be tormented at all? No just like a person saying "this day will live on in infamy" that day isn't actually alive just that it is remembered in a very bad way.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm amazed to see as many responses as this without someone else bringing this up. Regardless....

en.wikipedia.org...(being)

When the catholic church would go from region to region, they would assimilate concepts and integrate them so that the catholic religion would be more readily taken by the people in that area. Hel? Oh we have HELL in our religion, oh yes it's quite the same....

This is true for most saints, a great many concepts, locations, and beliefs in the catholic church. Another reason that one should not take these things as implicit law simply because you trust the sender of the message. Rather, one should question all things religious so as to find the TRUTH of the matter which lies buried in several millenia of BS.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
what if hell is not a literal place but a symbolic one?

the bible states:
Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." (Romans 5:12)

sin started with adam since we all come from adam we all inherited sin and thus death.

my thought is that hell may not a literal place but the knowledge of dying and of nothing after...
what do people fear most? i would say death...
what is one of the biggest questions in the history of mankind? what happens after death? is there something more?

Psalm 146:4 says: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.

Yes, man himself is a soul. When a person dies, that soul dies.—Ezekiel 18:4.

so if we are a soul (a soul is not a seperate entity that departs when we die)
then hell cannot be a literal place.

revelation 20: 14-15 says
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

the end of revelation 20: 14 says this is the second death. could this mean that the second death is a point of no return. complete final destruction for the "wicked"

knowledge of complete final destruction of ones self could be pretty hellish!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover
But if your a terrible evil person, then why would you be tortured in hell? Wouldn't the devil want to embrace you? Reward you for being such an evil person? I dont get it?

Did I miss something?

Yes you did miss something.

We're told Hell was 'created for the Devil and his angels.' It is not his kingdom where he rules, contrary to popular belief. Instead, the Bible mentions he is also restrained there in the end as judgment. He is not a ruler in Hell and has no power to 'reward' anyone as it is his judgment as well.

[edit on 2/14/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Let me just say that I am no fan or organized religion and do not necessarily believe in the entire heaven-hell story but here it goes.

Satan and hell, by definition, are purely evil. There is nothing good or pleasant about satan or hell. Satan will not extend any sort of kindness or goodness to you because he is purely evil. Instead, he will extend evil and hatred towards your.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

This confuses me so much! I understand Catholic view of Purgatory... but If your already damned to spend eternity in hell wouldn't the people in hell be trying to plot evil things on earth and such instead?

You understand that nonsense ? Christ dude please enlighten us as nobody but catholics normally get that one

Is there really any point trying to figure out hell, your just going to end up getting into an argument with xtians using circular reasoning, and they will eventually drive you insane.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There is no actual hell as described in Christian Theology, and I consider myself a Christian if you will.

It was all referring to the garbage dump outside of Jerusalem called Gehenna, where they'd burn trash, dead bodies, and leave ill people to die, and sacrifice babies to Baal.

So Yeshua Meshiach used it as a parable for the type of life you will be living if you are doing things so far against the way of the commandments and covenant tnat your life quite possibly becomes hell. If it doesnt mean that, then it means you will return as another person or animal, reincarnation, and that life will be a living hell, but thats just one of my ideas. Sheol, hebrew for the grave, was sometimes used as a word for hell, but it isnt. It's really the "lie in state" condition you are in post-death, unaware of anything, until the 1st or 2nd resurrections occur depending which you belong to, and on Judgment day. The Jews believed that when you die, you stayed in a sort of "unknowing state" akin to dreaming minus the dreams, until the coming of the Meshiach, who will resurrect the children of Israel.

So either way you look at it, the "Fire & Brimstone" Hell where people are being endlessly tortured for eternity does not exist as described. No creator could be so sadistic in my opinion. At worst, if you lived an outright HEINOUSLY EVIL life, I could see your soul maybe being destroyed for eternity, but not kept alive and tortured.

[edit on 2/14/2009 by runetang]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join