It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good question about hell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
We all know that heaven is reward for embracing God.

But if your a terrible evil person, then why would you be tortured in hell? Wouldn't the devil want to embrace you? Reward you for being such an evil person? I dont get it?

Did I miss something? Wouldn't evil souls get along and plot against God instead of just torture each other?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
That's a good question. I don't believe in hell, but I see what point your making. I'd like to add to your question if satan is in hell, then why or how can he tempt people to "do bad things" or " turn away from god"?

If he's in hell, he's not making house calls. Is he everywhere, like god is?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i just flat out don't believe in the "heaven & hell" scenario. my feeling is, if you're truly a bad person you will likely just be reincarnated as a dung beetle if such things are true.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

If the devil and other evil spirits are in hell then why are they torturing the new evil ones? It's almost as if they would be working for God by torturing them?

This confuses me so much! I understand Catholic view of Purgatory... but If your already damned to spend eternity in hell wouldn't the people in hell be trying to plot evil things on earth and such instead?

Im not an evil person, Im no where near perfect.. Just don't feel like I belong in hell and dont feel im perfect enough for heaven..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
it just goes to show how stupid this heaven and hell crap is...

its got less logic than aliens coming to earth and landing on the whitehouse lawn...

I mean really cmon.. the devil and god are the same person... both used to controll your basic fear.. "death" and the "unknown"

Man has always wanted controll over other men.. why? becouse we are no different than a lion and his pride...

And aliens are very real... and if you think otherwise i think one needs to look up at the stars and understand ones place in the cosmos..

heaven and hell can kiss my a$$

Infinity owns them both

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Ditto...that's all delusional and superstitious

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
well here is what research shows me:

Hell as a word is not in the Bible;

however the words "Hades" and "Gehenna" are mentioned.
Research shows that "Gehenna" was actually a place where garbage and refuse was "eternally" burned

Hades refers to the grave.

It is my understanding that the concept of Hell is really just used to make Christians fearfull of doing anything "wrong".

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
All man-made false religions of the world teach false consciousness about a false heaven and a false hell.

More that half of world population are already living in this hell on earth due to war, disease, poverty, etc organized by the corrupt few who live opulently parasiting off the poor.

If there were a hell, why would the corrupt evil be still doing evil and not fear hell? It simply means hell does NOT exist.

To fight this corrupt money system is easy. You simply need to farm on your own [praying that the governments don't snatch your farm] or learn surviving in the wild or go get a printer and print money like corrupt governments and bankers do.

The so-called hell will automatically cease to exist if we have like 20 million people start printing money to totally collapse the current corrupt money system, and activate The Venus Project.

So everybody go get a printer and print as much money as you want!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
it just goes to show how stupid this heaven and hell crap is...

its got less logic than aliens coming to earth and landing on the whitehouse lawn...

I mean really cmon.. the devil and god are the same person... both used to controll your basic fear.. "death" and the "unknown"

Man has always wanted controll over other men.. why? becouse we are no different than a lion and his pride...

And aliens are very real... and if you think otherwise i think one needs to look up at the stars and understand ones place in the cosmos..

heaven and hell can kiss my a$$

Infinity owns them both

Hear, Hear...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Hear, Hear...

mmmm, Stella. Truly the nectar of the gods.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
this topic reminds me off a Foo Fighters song:

"Im dieing to meet you, Hell"

This life can be considered a certain type of hell for sure.
Sometimes it can feel that way, anyways.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If you want a serious reply and not just Hell is BS answer, then I will try from my understanding of theology.

Well from my understanding, Hell despite what popular belief is, In the christian bible is the place of torment (outter gehenna ) for the devil and all the fallen angels. It is where they are to be locked up for eternity. There are I believe three places that could be consider hell, ONE is Sheol which is the grave not Hades, the abyuso(sp) is a place where some of the more evil of demons (fallen angels) are held, IN revelations they will be let lose on the earth, Also Gehenna is the place where at the end all evil will be thrown into (people, devil, demons and so on).

The bible is actually pretty clear on this that the Devil does not reign in hell, he Reigns on earth, he has full authority and control here for now (original sin, see also where Jesus is tempted by the Devil, he tells jesus he will give him authority over all the kingdoms over the earth)

So in the end revelations, that is when the devil will no longer rule over earth he will be thrown into hell at that point, Not until then. Again from my understanding Hell is actually three seperate places that happen to get lumped together, Gehenna, Sheol, and the Abyuso. Each with seperate purposes, each completely different places.

Sadly most Christians dont know jack about there own bible to answer questions likes this. Again this is all from my own understanding of theology.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If God created EVERYTHING including "satan" and "hell", then God is responsible for dishing out the punishment....God is Love, lol

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Oh and Purgatory is never mentioned in the bible, It was an added in thing by the Catholic faith.

Also something of interest, In JOB, the devil is specifically mentioned as still having access to the thrown room of God in heaven, He has to ask permission to heap all that misery onto Job.

Again most christians dont even read their own book.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Don't get it at all. If god is so powerful and can do anything, why not just get rid of the devil or satan or whatever you want to call him. A quick snap of the fingers should do it.

Don't get it at all why this god even created this satan. Supposedly the devil was a fallen angel. If he was a fallen angel, then god created him, right? Why? So he could tempt innocent people and send them to a life of eternal hell? My, that was nice of god, wasn't it?

As Judge Judy says, " If it doesn't make sense, it's probably a lie."

[edit on 14-2-2009 by virraszto]

link   
Why thank you kind sir!

Cheers!

link   
reply to post by benrl

Well from my understanding, Hell despite what popular belief is, In the christian bible is the place of torment (outter gehenna ) for the devil and all the fallen angels. It is where they are to be locked up for eternity. There are I believe three places that could be consider hell, ONE is Sheol which is the grave not Hades, the abyuso(sp) is a place where some of the more evil of demons (fallen angels) are held, IN revelations they will be let lose on the earth, Also Gehenna is the place where at the end all evil will be thrown into (people, devil, demons and so on). The bible is actually pretty clear on this that the Devil does not reign in hell, he Reigns on earth, he has full authority and control here for now (original sin, see also where Jesus is tempted by the Devil, he tells jesus he will give him authority over all the kingdoms over the earth) So in the end revelations, that is when the devil will no longer rule over earth he will be thrown into hell at that point, Not until then. Again from my understanding Hell is actually three seperate places that happen to get lumped together, Gehenna, Sheol, and the Abyuso. Each with seperate purposes, each completely different places.

I actually almost totally agree with you, very good post.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by ats__fan039]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well again, Why everything, Why create in the first place, Depending on which faith you ask, God has perfect unity and companion ship in the trinity (if you follow that) so why even create in the first place.

I myself was raised in a Pentecostal christian faith (hard core snake handling and speaking in tongue #) and through having it shoved down my throat have left that faith and come to a better place in my understanding of what Faith means. I still consider myself a christian (Read what Christ said, Be grovey, drink some wine and treat others like you would want to be treated anybody tells you more then that and they are selling something).

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I would advise you all to read www.nderf.org...

Something happens when we die.. Theres thousands of stories from real people to prove it. Hallucination or not.. whats the difference? If your hallucinating and have no ability to regain realism than the hallucination is your reality.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You do know that it's all scientific don't you....it's called Ketamine

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join