It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Its crazy, at least Beck has enough gonads to mention something about it.

Also, did I hear that guy right when he said they added the Holt (H.R. 45) legislation to the Stimulus bill?

I sure hope they didn't get that sneaky. I'm sure I just misheard what he said.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
To be honest guys, it was never a Democracy. In fact, the Founding-Fathers (tm) never WANTED it to be a Democracy.

The idea of a Democracy is part of the illusion they have sold us for the last 150 years. Every since they removed the Liberal Arts from our Education System...

The idea is: "Make them feel like they have an individual voice and then dumb them down. They'll only care about what they think makes them money and affords them creature comforts and completely forget about what is actually right."

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Pelosi and Reid are TRUE CRIMINALS who should be tried for TREASON. They have broken the trust of the American people, and they spit on the constitution with every act that they commit.
I think it's time to RECALL these criminals!

A wee bit off topic, but Reid scares me. At one time he was my Senator and I wrote to him explaining that I felt that if I own a flag and burn it in such a way that it is not a danger to others, the flag itself represents the right to do so.

I got back a creppola-filled letter all about how important this symbol is, and yadah yadah yadah...

THAT scared me! The man is either clueless or devious.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

This is it man. This is what is going to do us in. HOW IN ANY REASONING CAN ANYONE THINK THIS WAS OK?

HOW?

Someone tell me. ANYONE. Tell me what justifies this.

I want it now. Who approves of this garbage?

Give me some answers. What justifies the passage of a bill without READING IT?

tell me!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well the Senate vote is happening now

waiting for final results

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

No one can, and if anyone tries or tries to justify this, they are just blowing smoke.

It cannot be done.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You're right, it really is.
Just wait until people start to see, in their pockets, THEIR dividends of the bailout fiasco.
People are going to hit the roof.
I made mention of this today to the one person who I thought had a clue. His response was that "Well, the bill doesn't really apply to you and I. Although I think it is bullsnap, it is more targetted to potential homebuyers. They are going to get some Federal Money as an incentive to buy." (which makes sense to me)... But guess what?!!!!
They removed that provision TODAY!
This is going to be very bad.
Very bad.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

when I talked to my Senator, he said the two Republicans were going to stand with the Democrats and vote yes.

If they would not, it would not pass.

I asked it there was ANY WAY of talking the two Repubs out of voting Yes, she replied - No.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

We hate you guys. Once you start issuing $1 trillion-$2 trillion [$1,000bn-$2,000bn] …we know the dollar is going to depreciate, so we hate you guys but there is nothing much we can do.

-- Lueo Ping, China Regulatory Commission

I never imagined in my wildest imagination that I'd ever see something like this.

I'm really pissed off this time. I need to get away from this for a bit and calm down. I'm usually a calm pragmatist who sides with nobody and try and consider all sides and views. I just do not see how anyone can be happy about any of this. I notice there are not many here defending this.

I don't work today, but I think I'll go in anyway just to get away from the TV and News and get lost in paperwork. I might even make a few sales as it appears I may need some extra money.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Just wanted to see how it looks all written out.

Yep. That's a lot of zeros.

Tea, anyone?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I dont' think I have ever been SO MAD EITHER BEFORE!!!

I even burned an American Flag today - in my anger!!

I think the anger is over the realization the U.S. is now dead in the water, but we were also - LIED TO AND A PROMISE OF TRANSPARENCY BROKEN!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Just wanted to see it all written out.

Wow. That's a lot of zeros.

Edited to add:
(Figure based on this link.)

[edit on 2/13/09 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I'm seeing red. I don't know if i've ever been so angry. Damnit I was hoping that things would change.

Yeah, things are changing, FOR THE WORSE.

It's time to make a stand. I can't believe this just happened. I just can't.

The biggest spending bill IN HISTORY and they don't even read the thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

No one can, and if anyone tries or tries to justify this, they are just blowing smoke. It cannot be done.

Oh, i know there are people out there. I want their take on this. How can any person who supports anyone who voted for this thing honestly defend it?

Come on....stick it to me. Give me all you got. I'm far past angry. Congress went way too far over the line this time.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I do have to wonder where all the Democrat supporters are with this, as well. I've seen a few around here show slight disappointment, but nothing like most of us are.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Right now, the Senate vote is "temporarily Stalled"

there are 57 Ayes and 37 Nays

With no new vote coming in for about 15-20 minutes now.

4 more Nays will stop this in it's tracks, 3 more Ayes will pass it

BUT... there are only 57 Democrats in the Senate, apparently they have all voted...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

One guy is supposed to be flown in, a relative died. He is being flown in to vote but is not there yet.

He's a Democrat BTW. They said on the news that he is the 60th vote.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

They are holding the vote open to wait for an Ohio Senator (who they are flying in at taxpayer's expese, a Democrat) who had to be in Ohio for his mother's wake.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

that implies that they have 2 turncoat republicans.

They had 3 before, and they caught serious heat from their constituents.

IDK...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

What Dems aren't there (other than the one being flown in)? Is Kennedy there and voting?

As for the Republicans, Spector, Collins, and Snow. I haven't heard of any others....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join