It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim to 100 lashes for committing adultery

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
reply to post by Jadette

Do you know what propaganda means? Any individual with a brain would know that this thread is designed to portray that this women was sentenced for getting gangraped or something similar when infact that is not true.

I am not implying anything but basically stating that use your head instead of your ass and ask your self why in GOD's name would they punish a women for being gangraped. Why would you believe such a thing when you could simply jump on Google and search for the laws and regulations of Saudi Arabia, is that so hard to find?

Just because the Western Laws are different than the Saudi Laws doesn't mean your laws are correct and the Saudi is unjustified for. Laws are laws, if the western laws were perfect than they have the right to judge other laws which you don't agree with.

First off, again, there are ways to express yourself where you don't have insult people.

Do YOU know what Propaganda is? Did you read the article? It says:

"Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim to 100 lashes for committing adultery
"
I don't see a claim that she was being punished for the gang-rape, but rather, for committing adultry. And that IS the charge against her.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Interesting isn't it how the US runs in to free Afghan women from the Taliban but are in bed with the Saudis. They are by far the most oppressive of nations against women, but the US remains silent.

I suppose there is nothing that can be done to help this young woman as they have no legal rights or recourse. Sad and sickening.

absoloutely, Saudi Arabia runs a country that is FAR worse than the old South Africa- I make no apologies for saying that, FAR WORSE.

Where are all the left wing/liberal marches and protests about the Saudi situation like they had for apartheid and like they do now for Gaza

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
People need to know about this stuff, people are apologetic about the core of Islam and how their nations are run. This website is full of people against the New World Order and yet you could have a better example of it in Islamic countries. Again people say how peaceful Islam is and how tolerant it is and all, I know there are good people in the Islamic communities but at the top of the pyramid we find its core extremist values that holds the whole structure together and even Muslim families live in fear where honour killings and outside integration becomes a threat to their extreme values. It happens all the time, but there are of course liberal minded Muslims who like Christians say they are Christians but don't read their religious books intensely. We know by fact that in Europe or the UK there is that same Hyrachy of extream Islam holding their people in fear and covering up the obsurd acts of their prophet. It seems to me they are trying to make out Sharia law is cultural law when in fact its all based on what their book tells them and the people in West are also falling for that deception. If its in their laws its in their book as an instruction and it's being exposed via cultural exploration and media outlets, since they dare not do it them selves.

If there is an opposite opinion be my guest, just telling it from one point of view here.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
How many times have we already heard of the SAME thing happening?

Even here on ATS Breaking News?

I guarantee, at LEAST a dozen times, probably more!

Until the UN or a lot of countries unite and put pressure on these governments to stop this insanity, all we are going to do is just hear it over and over again!

In my book, some religious practices/beliefs/laws are insane!

Yes and this case is just the tip of the iceberg. The treatment of girls and women in the middle east is horrific on so many levels. 12 year old daughters are sold to horny old men, beaten and kept inside. Little girls 3 years old have parts of their genitals cut out without even being under sedation as if it wasn't bad enough. That is why there can never be this NWO, never be One World, the civilized world would never integrate with these people.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

I do agree with you here. A lot of people only wear their own glasses.

but how can you explain that the complete oppression of a gender, race, relgion, etc. is acceptable?

You want us to accept that other cultures have their way of living. To be open minded, yet those cultures completely opress a whole population?

We can't force, and don't have a right to force a culture to change. But likewise, we don't have to accept a culture's practises.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Hellish-D

I do agree with you here. A lot of people only wear their own glasses.

but how can you explain that the complete oppression of a gender, race, relgion, etc. is acceptable?

You want us to accept that other cultures have their way of living. To be open minded, yet those cultures completely opress a whole population?

We can't force, and don't have a right to force a culture to change. But likewise, we don't have to accept a culture's practises.

INdeed, I wonder would the same people have been quick to give South Africa a pass on their apartheid laws...........

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
...Little girls 3 years old have parts of their genitals cut out without even being under sedation as if it wasn't bad enough. ...

I notice you seem not to care that hundreds of MILLIONS of little boys have their genitals "cut out" in the west, and nary a peep from you.

Sexist much?

Or does it not matter to you because a penis is the thing being cut on?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Is that not practiced mostly by the jewish faith, and probably hilighting that ill be accused of being anti-semitic...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

oh boy.

I think the difference is that the boys still have full function of their penises. Generally, female genital mutilation is done with a rusty knife, removing their ability to enjoy sex, and even making it painful. They often suffer serious side effects.

With boys, it can keep away infection, is easier to keep clean.

I really really tackled the idea with my son. Many parents are now and shying away from doing it.

But I had several people tell me that their relatives were not circumcized, ended up developing problems as adults, and had to be circumcized as adults, and it was horribly painful.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
that coming from the daily mail makes me skeptical of its validity but who knows ...

i heard even some western countries still have the death penalty. hard to believe but stranger things have happened.

Yes we do still have the death penalty in my country. I'm proud to say that I live in the state that carries out the most executions in the United States - Texas. But here in Texas, we don't think of them as executions, we think of them as justice served! The most recent was justice served against a ruthless rapist/killer known as the "bathtub killer", responsible for killing two women and the brutal rapes of five others. The two killed were found bound, strangled and in half filled bath tubs. They had also been raped (www.kvue.com...).

[edit on 13-2-2009 by sos37]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by Bombeni
...Little girls 3 years old have parts of their genitals cut out without even being under sedation as if it wasn't bad enough. ...

I notice you seem not to care that hundreds of MILLIONS of little boys have their genitals "cut out" in the west, and nary a peep from you.

Sexist much?

Or does it not matter to you because a penis is the thing being cut on?

Yeah that's right Bub, I am all for removal of excess male foreskin which is done for sanitary reasons as well as preventing disease. I am totally against the removal of female sexual ORGANS for the purpose of preventing the girl from ever being able to enjoy an intimate relationship. That's the viewpoint of not only ME, but 90 percent of the CIVILIZED world, so accept my answer and move on.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phushion
It understand they have their own laws and shizzle but crickey surely common sense would come into the equation at some point.

I'm afraid stoning/flogging women is part of religious opinion:

Question:
Why are rape victims punished by Islamic courts as adulterers?

Summary Answer:
Under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or if there are four male witnesses. Women who allege rape, without the benefit of the act having been witnessed by four men who subsequently develop a conscience, are actually confessing to having sex. If they or the accused happens to be married, then it is considered to be adultery.

Sura 2:282 - Establishes that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's in court (there is no "he said/she said" gridlock in Islam).

Sura (24:4) - "And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses (to adultery), flog them..."

Sura (24:13) - "Why did they not bring four witnesses of it? But as they have not brought witnesses they are liars before Allah."

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (5:59:462) - The background for the Qur'anic requirement of four witnesses to adultery. Muhammad's favorite wife, Aisha, was accused of cheating [on her polygamous husband]. Three witnesses corroborated the event, but Muhammad did not want to believe it, and so established the arbitrary rule that four witnesses are required.

Additional Notes:
Rape is virtually impossible to prove under Islamic law (Sharia) and even in more moderate countries. If the man claims that the act was consensual sex, there is very little that the woman can do to refute this. Islam places the burden of avoiding sexual encounters of any sort on the woman.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

"Hadith of Prophet Muhammad"

Muslim 682 The Prophet said: "Do not stone the adulteress who is pregnant until she has had her child." After the birth she was put into a ditch up to her chest and the Prophet commanded them to stone her. Khalid came forward with a stone which he threw at her head, and there spurted blood on the face of Khalid and he cursed her. The gentle Prophet prayed over her and she was buried.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Barbarians behaving........barbarically, that's so........existential.

Seriously, what do you expect, women are treated like dogs who have the ability to produce babies in these hardline Islamic countries.

When women finally overcome the fear and oppression and come to understand the power they really have, Islam and its evil misogynistic ways will crumble.

I look forward to that day.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Once again:

Add this to the mountain of evidence that "justice" in the Islamic world is not only blind, but also, deaf, dumb, and retarded.

It burns me up to no end that we have "special friendships" with countries like Saudi Arabia, who treat their people like animals, simply because they are floating on a sea of oil. Our government really shows it's true colors by rolling over and saying or doing nothing when these things continually go on over there.

BOO Saudi Arabia, and BOO America for looking the other way!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

oh boy.

I think the difference is that the boys still have full function of their penises. Generally, female genital mutilation is done with a rusty knife, removing their ability to enjoy sex, and even making it painful. They often suffer serious side effects.

With boys, it can keep away infection, is easier to keep clean.

Actually, this is not correct. It has actually been proven that circumcision decreases the sensitivity of the penis and sexual pleasure. In addition, in many cases, female circumcision is done in sterile environments with proper medical training. It is only when external cultural ideals criminalize the acts that parents are forced into 'back alley circumcisions' as it were.

And the matter of cleanliness is also a myth. And it begs the question. If all of the reasons were (and have been) disproven, would less people actually get circumcised? It's a matter of tradition, supported very thinly by science.

I'll also point out that large percentage of male circumcisions in the world are performed by tribal elders using stone tools.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I let people decide on this because people need to wake up, already Jews are being targetting in london by Muslims and its starting all over again with history. England was a save haven for the Jews and now its turning international crises on our own door steps. Did the UK have this problem before the increase of diversity or is the world becoming like this where ever you go now?

news.bbc.co.uk...

The leaders said that British Jews "should not be held responsible" for Israel's actions in Gaza.
Jewish groups say there has been a record rise in anti-Semitic incidents since the crisis began.
A letter to mosques comes as muslim leaders urge ministers to do more to stop extremists recruiting young men.
In that letter, a broad range of scholars and progressive thinkers appeal to British Muslims to stand by British Jews, rather than allowing extremists to attack them.
The letter's signatories say they condemn "attacks on innocent British citizens and the desecration of places of worship".

Text

According to the Gospel of John, the Pharisees, in an attempt to discredit Jesus, brought a woman charged with adultery before him. Then they reminded Jesus that adultery was punishable by stoning under Mosaic law and challenged him to judge the woman so that they might then accuse him of disobeying the law. Jesus thought for a moment and then replied, “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.” The people crowded around him were so touched by their own consciences that they departed. When Jesus found himself alone with the woman, he asked her who were her accusers. She replied, “No man, lord.” Jesus then said, “Neither do I condemn thee: go and sin no more.”
Text

VS

"Hadith of Prophet Muhammad"

Muslim 682 The Prophet said: "Do not stone the adulteress who is pregnant until she has had her child." After the birth she was put into a ditch up to her chest and the Prophet commanded them to stone her. Khalid came forward with a stone which he threw at her head, and there spurted blood on the face of Khalid and he cursed her. The gentle Prophet prayed over her and she was buried.

Text

So did someone decide to bring back the old times, that's like even before Jesus's time laws that were only for the Jews anyway?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette

Originally posted by Ownification
reply to post by Jadette

Do you know what propaganda means? Any individual with a brain would know that this thread is designed to portray that this women was sentenced for getting gangraped or something similar when infact that is not true.

I am not implying anything but basically stating that use your head instead of your ass and ask your self why in GOD's name would they punish a women for being gangraped. Why would you believe such a thing when you could simply jump on Google and search for the laws and regulations of Saudi Arabia, is that so hard to find?

Just because the Western Laws are different than the Saudi Laws doesn't mean your laws are correct and the Saudi is unjustified for. Laws are laws, if the western laws were perfect than they have the right to judge other laws which you don't agree with.

First off, again, there are ways to express yourself where you don't have insult people.

Do YOU know what Propaganda is? Did you read the article? It says:

"Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim to 100 lashes for committing adultery
"
I don't see a claim that she was being punished for the gang-rape, but rather, for committing adultry. And that IS the charge against her.

Jesus it wasn't proven that she was gangraped, why would you jump in the car with a stranger at night? Specially being a women, they don't even do that in Western countries where supposedly they have more rights, why would they do it in Saudi. BS written all accross it. When you slap a big Gangrape on the thread title that is what it looks like. The title clearly states that a pregnant gangraped victim, get it? You are not familiar with this type of brainwashing techniques, why else did so many people in this thread get so emotional? They use this technique in mainstream media too, even Al-Jazeera uses it. The difference is that they are doing it to make money white the OP is doing it because he actually believes it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

The us should do nothing, they have destroyed enough countries in their quest for oil under the illusion that they're making it better they are not, underneath the shiny surface the american system is even worse then this do not say the us should do this and that all they ever do is ruin countries and try to impose their way of life on cultures far older then there own.

100 lashes is bad yes, but if she was gang raped in the us she wouldn't even be alive as your thugs would prefer raping a dead girl coz they are too cowardly to fight a live woman. You all exclaim shock and disgust when in reality everyone there thinks the same thing about your way, fat people suing food companys for making them fat????or smokers suing cigarette makers??? and not to mention the corruption of your legal system, where any case can be brought. You know nothing of laws that piece of paper with all your ideals is long forgotten and is now merely a sheet for politicians to wipe their arse with. Do not say theyre legal system is wrong, at least they have one!!!

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Use of All Caps

[edit on 2/14/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think it is about time women all over the world rose up en masse and
protested about the cruelty that is perpetrated against women as victims of sexual crimes, committed BY MEN in cultures that condemn women to a life of servitude.

Punish the woman? What the??? How backward is this in a world that is supposedly moving forward?

The rest of the world shakes their heads and shrugs and these cultures continue to oppress their women.

This crap is allowed to continue against womankind and I it sickens and infuriates me. I'd like to get some of these neanderthals and cut their (insert body part here) off without the luxury of anaesthesia.

resi

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hi , but, what is the UN, who founded it and who donated the land for it's headquarters, wasn't it that well known humanitarian, Mr. Rockefeller, he of the Council on Foreign Relations, one of the head banksters, i really dont see putting much faith in them to act in anyones best intrests, certainly not the average mans, WAKE UP!. Look at what the good sounding un did in the 60's innoculated Africa , which led to a population explosion and untold millions dying of starvation. People look at the BIG PICTURE.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join