It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim to 100 lashes for committing adultery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I think their reasoning for punishing a rape victim is that she" asked for it". She might of been too sexy, showing an ankle or something. And brought the situation on her.
Not saying it justifies it, just the reasoning they use.

And of course, anyone can take advantage of the sitaution. Maybe her family turned someone down for marriage, so they rape her to have her killed for spite.

Gosh those poor women.

Being familiar with men outside of one's own family is disrespectful to one's family. Doing so dishonors oneself, and their patriarch.

And in most cases, women are the ones who enact punishment for simple dishonors of the family. In the major cases, where the family name is majorly sullied, it falls on the patriarch to regain his family honor.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So has Islam got anything to blame for this, has their Holy Book got anything to do with this or are people just going to say its a religion of peace and it has nothing to do with the instructions it gives in their laws? Who are the experts, us or them, the evidence is in the actions no need to be a scolar?

[edit on 12-2-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

I understand that. But you can't tell me for one second that no one takes advantage of that cultural law and use it for their own devices.

That is the problem about exacting laws like that, when one does not have a right to defend themselves, people can take complete advantage of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I think its more down to a universal understanding of common decency and moral integrity (and the absence of it) rather than any specific cultural differences.

A lot of abrahamic lore is sociopathicaly misogynistic - theres even a chapter in the bible about how you should stone a women to death if shes raped and doesn't scream:

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If you just blindly follow what a book tells you instead of attempting to think for yourself then this is what happens.

Viewer discretion:

I'm sure a great many religious people in Saudi Arabia are as equaly appalled by these incidents as the rest of the world -after all it could very well be their mother or sister who it happens to next.
I suspect many are just too scared to voice their dissent due to repercussions from the religious secret police.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by phushion

Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim to 100 lashes for committing adultery

www .dailymail.co.uk

A Saudi judge has ordered a woman should be jailed for a year and receive 100 lashes after she was gang-raped, it was claimed last night.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well, if it hasn't already happened (I don't have the guts to read the posts so far), get ready for the band of merry men who will post that this is how they believe and so we should just stay out of it.

The ones that say "it's her fault she got raped because she took a ride from a man".

I'll go ahead and call them low-browed, sock-sucking, knuckle-dragging morons now, before I read their filth, so that I can avoid the inevitable warning tag that comes when I say it to a given moron.

We've been through this before (as you may have picked up).

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Pretty sure you just cut and pasted that from another post.

BTW, is that a double standard? I'm pretty sure calling the members morons is against T&C, but then again, you mods can do that....

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Hellish-D]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One of the biggest problems with the state of things these days is the ethnocentric view that we are right, and they are wrong. It doesn't matter who the 'they' is, and it never fails. We might as well be missionaries be cause our culture can do no wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

I think its more down to a universal understanding of common decency and moral integrity (and the absence of it) rather than any specific cultural differences.

A lot of abrahamic lore is sociopathicaly misogynistic - theres even a chapter in the bible about how you should stone a women to death if shes raped and doesn't scream:

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If you just blindly follow what a book tells you instead of attempting to think for yourself then this is what happens.

Viewer discretion:

I'm sure a great many religious people in Saudi Arabia are as equaly appalled by these incidents as the rest of the world -after all it could very well be their mother or sister who it happens to next.
I suspect many are just too scared to voice their dissent due to repercussions from the religious secret police.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

Yes I understand the Biblical quote, it was at a period of time of Human spiritual evolution and God had instructions towards his own Jews only. They never did this to outsiders, remember it was the Gentiles who inherited the Bible in the end because the Jew's rejected Christ. It was a period of total religion because God was present.
The koran just stirs up the past because in the end they have no Christ covenant dogma to fall back on so te who Judaic dogma has yet been reversed and turned inside out in the form of conquest and control for all mankind. The Bible got rid of that notion and even that was not for mankind but the Jews only.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

The Bible was a vile piece of fiction that caused the deaths of millions for years to come...what was your point again?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by The time lord

The Bible was a vile piece of fiction that caused the deaths of millions for years to come...what was your point again?

The fiction of every man King and world leader dictator who does it his way, I guess that has been better over the recent hisory.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Occasionally, I can appreciate the gender roles certain cultures impose. They certainly force particular genders to know their place.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I'm sure this is the second story of this nature ive heard over the past two months, im sure the other victim was stoned to death (i might be wrong here, will try find the article).

It understand they have their own laws and shizzle but crickey surely common sense would come into the equation at some point.

Long live the west!

www .dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

More propaganda. This just pisses me off, is this thread created to offend people? I mean if it came from a Saudi national than I would be like 'yeah that's alright', but from a dick head who at the end of his thread says "Long live the west!".

Am I the only non-F@cking brainwashed individual here, how amazing most idiots already believed it without even doing alittle research. Is it surprising that there is only one source for this news? Any individual with a head should know better than this.

hat coming from the daily mail makes me skeptical of its validity

Well at least someone has a brain.

Why the hell would they punish someone for being gangraped, it shows the depth of your disability to understand.

Which Saudi laws states to punish women who are gangraped, can anyone please post a link so all of us can be in the same page.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

That is a blanket statement and in this case dead wrong!!! I have read several books about the lives of women in Saudi Arabia and would love to see something done to these brutal men. The bottom line is OIL!!!! There is no big outcry on the rights of Saudi women only because the nation floats on oil. Perhaps next time you won't make such a blanket statement!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Victimizing the victim is wrong no matter what sort of cultural norms exist. It almost sounds like you are trying to justify this verdict and what this woman is going to suffer in the name of culture. If this happened to your sister, I think culture would be of no consequence to you. This is human suffering and nothing but institutionalized sexism in the worst possible way.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D
reply to post by Valhall

Occasionally, I can appreciate the gender roles certain cultures impose. They certainly force particular genders to know their place.

Occasionally, I can see the world as it should be, with the proper gender repressed into a place where their brawn and lack of brains would be better applied and the righter sex making the world a more peaceful place.

But far too more occasionally, I get slapped back to reality by the fact the more moronic sex is still beating the crap out of their superiors.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Listen job nockey, if you take a little time from your temper tantrum you would soon be educated in the fact that its gone to press in saudi news, stop bashing your keyboard, you might break the thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is seriously messed up. How the hell can Mid-Eastern Muslims put up with this crap?

Seriously, they should learn a thing or two from their Southeast Asian counterparts. Modernization is not a bad thing. It IS possible to keep up with the times and not sellout your beliefs.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Occasionally, I can see the world as it should be, with the proper gender repressed into a place where their brawn and lack of brains would be better applied and the righter sex making the world a more peaceful place.

But far too more occasionally, I get slapped back to reality by the fact the more moronic sex is still beating the crap out of their superiors.

There's an interesting point here (not yours, mind you. Thus far, your points have been far from interesting).
There's a series by writer Brian Vaughn in which every male of every mammalian species is wiped out of existence, leaving only the women. In this tale, the women enter into violent conflicts, trade in narcotics, murder, rape and pillage despite the lack of the y chromosome.

It was based on a similar story by Mary Shelley, which I have yet to read, but intend to soon.

But back to your point. You must ask yourself. If it is true that "the more moronic sex is still beating the crap out of their superiors." how is it that the 'superiors' managed to get themselves into such a subservient position.

As for superior, I'll ignore the grammatical mistakes as evidence of superiority.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Ownification

Listen job nockey, if you take a little time from your temper tantrum you would soon be educated in the fact that its gone to press in saudi news, stop bashing your keyboard, you might break the thing.

You idiot the article(an article meaning twisted news) is writen by Liz Hazelton, post the link if it is on Saudi news. I can smell BS, brainwashed folks like you don't care about being proven wrong as long as your propaganda is spread, that's your whole purpose so please I beg you post the link.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
...so please I beg you post the link.

You did ask, nicely too:

Saudi Gazette

Dai ly Mail

And another case i recalled

BBC
Reuters
CNN
Fox

So if your trying to insinuate this stuff doesnt happen you really need to reconsider.

If you dont think its real read the comments beneath the Saudi article

Referring to the above article, the only crime the poor girl did was that she accepted a free ride from a stranger for which she was awarded 1 year jail & 100 lashes. As per her confession, she was raped by those 5 filthy creatures. Her only fault was that she accepted a free ride from a stranger. If her crime was so great as to win her such a painful punishment, then those dirty filthy pigs deserve to be hanged or given capital punishment as per Islamic Shariah. Protect the law don't abuse it.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by phushion]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join